Have you recently looked in the mirror and said to yourself, “Wow, I look OLD!!”?
Maybe you feel like you're 23, but you look 65. Yikes. What happened? Or maybe you even feel 65 on top of it all – aches and pains, obesity, low muscle mass, low libido...Yuck, make it stop.
The worst is seeing some of your peers who seem to look and feel way better than you do. This is either luck, genetics or they could have just been proactive in life and prepared themselves to age gracefully.
By accepting the fact that you are going to age and look drastically different than when you were 18 years old, you mentally prepare as well as ensure you look and feel your best as the years go by – and enjoy a great quality of life while you’re at it!
You just need to take the time to indulge in self-care every day, even if it’s just something small because we all know life is busy, busy, busy. Do take some time to slow down and take care of your body and mind, however. You will thank me later.
Stay Active to Combat Degeneration
Use it or lose it. If you do not stay active throughout life, you may be hit with a surprise later on: sarcopenia.
Sarcopenia is the scientific word for muscle loss to the point where an older person has issues walking or standing and is a fall risk. In America especially, we spend too much time being sedentary: desk jobs, watching TV, commuting for hours on end, etc. After decades of this behavior, the symptoms start to show up.
With screen-time dramatically increasing in younger age groups, the trend toward sedentary lifestyles is starting earlier and earlier.
Children are not being taught to maintain active lifestyles and the cycle perpetuates. It’s time to get out there and have fun! Try something new like skiing, roller skating, hiking, or biking. The possibilities are nearly endless.
Fuel the Body With a Nutrient-Dense Diet
A nutrient-dense diet is necessary, and especially for older folks because the body’s ability to absorb and distribute nutrients decreases as we age and nutrient deficiencies result.
Overall digestive health tends to decline as we get older due to deterioration of the cells, long-term poor dietary habits, and tissue damage from chronic inflammation. Natural or unnatural hormone fluctuations can occur, causing imbalances, and this can have an effect on one’s appetite and energy level, as well.
The two main issues to be concerned with regarding nutrient malabsorption is minimal healthy fat intake and consistent dehydration.
Getting enough healthy fat is critical for absorbing many essential vitamins and minerals as they are fat-soluble. Fats are also critical for cellular repair and nerve health.
We also need adequate hydration in order to absorb the water-soluble vitamins. In addition, our bodies are mainly composed of water and we need enough water for our cells to grow, replenish and repair on a daily basis.
It is estimated that over 50 percent of the American population is chronically dehydrated! Even mild dehydration can cause issues such as cramping, constipation, fatigue, and even nausea. Not fun!
Hormone Imbalances Disrupt Bodily Functions
In men, the decline of testosterone levels is extremely disruptive for the man’s life and health. Low testosterone can also affect women too.
In men, this drastic depletion of testosterone is nicknamed “male menopause” and the symptoms can be similar to what women experience during menopause. These symptoms include mood changes, hot flashes, breast tenderness, and low libido/erectile dysfunction.
It’s essential for both men and women to prepare for these big changes as early as possible and to know what’s ahead.
Women cannot avoid menopause, but they can lessen the symptoms, and menopause is essentially a decade-long imbalance of hormones that can greatly lower a woman’s quality of life until the hormones normalize again, which they might never do. Men need to prepare for “male menopause” as well.
In order to prepare, it’s essential to follow the advice above. Maintain an active lifestyle and get outdoors. Fuel your body with nutrient-dense food, including healthy fats and lots of water.
Avoid simple sugars because these can have an effect on insulin, testosterone, and estrogen levels when too many are ingested.
Testosterone Injections are a Simple Way to Get Back on Track
If you are someone who has not been proactive in preparing for aging and looks in the mirror remorsefully, consider getting back on track by undergoing a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) program.
It will not fix things overnight, but it is a faster and safe way to undo some years of poor lifestyle choices and get your hormone levels back to where they need to be.
Testosterone injections will get rid of any “male menopause” symptoms and can fix issues such as vaginal dryness and low libido in women as well. Things to look forward to are increased muscle mass, stronger bones, increased libido, and weight loss, to name a few.
It’s so simple to get started! Just fill out our contact form or give us a call. We are happy to discuss your options for TRT and whether it is right for you.
Our comprehensive hormone therapy programs are top-notch and customized for your personal needs. Call us and let's get started!
Contact Us Today
- Five Myths About Vasectomies - July 12th, 2022
- Treat Low T Symptoms w/ Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 24th, 2021
- Testim 1% Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Auxilium To Promote Testosterone Gel Testim 1% With Glaxo For Hypogonadism - May 20th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Can Improve Quality of Life for HIV-Infected Men - March 22nd, 2021
- The Dangerous Hyperbole Surrounding Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 8th, 2021
- Can men have hot flashes? - March 7th, 2021
- Low Semen Count Success Stories; What Makes Seminal Fluid: How to Increase Semen Volume and Count - February 8th, 2021
- Behavioral and Health Changes Decrease Levels of Testosterone - January 5th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Might Be Legal, but It's Still Cheating in Professional Sports - November 15th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement - Video - October 26th, 2020
- Ensuring The Safety of Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Men - October 18th, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- The History, Myths and Misconceptions of Testosterone - May 13th, 2020
- Is Testosterone Good or Bad for Your Heart? Or is Estradiol the Real Culprit? - May 7th, 2020
- Book - What You Need to Know About Low Testosterone - February 8th, 2020
- Safety of Testosterone Replacement Therapy | The Medical ... - June 29th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Resources - Fabulously ... - June 15th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy - cpt.sagepub.com - May 14th, 2016
- Prostate cancer: Testosterone therapy 'does not increase aggressive ... - May 11th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy | Low Testosterone | Low T - April 28th, 2016
- Low Testosterone, Low T, E.D. | Andrologix.com - April 21st, 2016
- Low Testosterone Treatments - Testosterone Replacement Therapy - April 21st, 2016
- Testosterone Therapy Side Effects - DrugWatch - April 10th, 2016
- Side Effects of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) - April 10th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Myths and Facts - April 5th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Bottar Leone, PLLC - February 8th, 2016
- Heart Attack Risk from Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Torrance, CA - November 2nd, 2015
- Male Hormone Replacement | Low Testosterone Treatment - August 19th, 2015
- Hormone & Testosterone Replacement Therapy - August 15th, 2015
- Greater Than 40 Fitness Testosterone Replacement Therapy Update - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Testosterone therapy: Potential benefits and risks as you ... - April 13th, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Risk Myths - Video - April 11th, 2015
- Does Testosterone Replacement Therapy Increase the Risk of Prostate Cancer? - Video - April 11th, 2015
- ALC - Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Video - April 11th, 2015
- TRT - 6 Week Update / Beware Arimidex! (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) - Video - April 9th, 2015
- TRT - 1 Month Bloodwork Results / Protocol Adjustment (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) - Video - March 29th, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Final - Video - March 21st, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Dr. G - Video - March 19th, 2015
- Living Well: Testosterone therapy good idea or not? - March 14th, 2015
- New studies fail to find cardiovascular risk with testosterone therapy - March 10th, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Men | AAG Health Gains - March 9th, 2015
- AM I HIDING SOMETHING? Where's My Blood work? | TRT Update - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Andropause and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015
- The LIFE*MOD Podcast With Dr. Gonzalez - Testosterone Replacement Therapy Part 1 - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Is testosterone replacement therapy safe? Take a look at ... - February 7th, 2015
- Introduction to Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) - Video - February 1st, 2015
- what is testosterone replacement therapy | Find what is testosterone replacement therapy - Video - January 31st, 2015
- From Wellness and Prevention to Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Video - January 31st, 2015
- Testicular cancer - Testosterone replacement therapy - yourprivates.org.uk - Video - January 31st, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy testimonial - Dr. Retzler Portland Oregon - Video - December 25th, 2014
- Dr. Allens Device Boost Mens Wellbeing by Treating Enlarged Prostate & Chronic Prostatitis, While Testosterone ... - December 10th, 2014
- Carey Danis & Lowe Weighs in on Testosterone Gel Safety - November 26th, 2014
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) - Danger & Play - November 7th, 2014
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Women | eHow - November 4th, 2014
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy For Young Men - Thumotic - October 30th, 2014
- Lipocine Announces Positive Top-line Results From Phase 2a Study Of LPCN 1111 - October 13th, 2014
- Cleveland Clinic: Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 1st, 2014
- Strict Limitations May Be Coming for Low Testosterone Treatment - October 1st, 2014
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Update - New Test Results - Video - September 28th, 2014
- It's Time To Cross The T's... - September 19th, 2014
- Endocrine Society Tells FDA Testosterone Therapy Should Only Be for Men with Hypogonadism - September 18th, 2014
- Warning over risks associated with testosterone replacement therapy - August 15th, 2014
- Is testosterone replacement therapy right for you? | Fox News - August 7th, 2014
- Do you need low T therapy? - August 7th, 2014
- Testosterone replacement therapy |Mens Medical New York PC ... - July 9th, 2014
- Low sex drive - or erectile dysfunction? - June 25th, 2014
- 1513 Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men - Video - June 13th, 2014
- Seen At 11: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Could Come With Serious Side Effects - Video - May 11th, 2014
- Are Low-T Drugs Putting Patients At High Risk? - May 10th, 2014
- Seen At 11: Experts Urge Caution When Using Popular Hormone Replacement Therapy - May 10th, 2014
- Viewer Mail - Testosterone Replacement Therapy/TRT Not Natty, Balls Busted, etc. - Video - May 4th, 2014
- NJ-Based Law Firm Exploring Potential Legal Claims from Side Effects of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 1st, 2014
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men - myVMC - April 30th, 2014
- Acrux falls 15% on sales warning - April 28th, 2014
- Low Testosterone Claims: Options in a Growing Class Action Suit - Video - April 26th, 2014
- Reclaim Your Energy and Sex Drive | Testosterone ... - April 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Video - April 12th, 2014
- FGSW - Weekly Weigh In & Update 15: Still Working On Mobility 03.31.14 - Video - April 7th, 2014
- FGSW Weekly Weigh In & Update 15 Still Working On Mobility 03 31 14 - Video - April 5th, 2014
Word Count: 891