Many of the symptoms of low testosterone levels (aka “Low-T”) are well-known: no energy and constant tiredness; weak, shrinking muscles, an ever-growing accumulation of pounds and flab, especially around the belly; a sunken libido; worsening joint aches and pains, insomnia, and depression over the adverse health developments that aging and Low-T bring.
But there is a lesser-known symptom of Low-T: Brain Fog
Brain fog? Mental confusion? Difficulty concentrating? Are these unwelcome guests possibly a result of lower testosterone levels? YES! Here’s why.
While the main reasons for men seeking Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) are to pump new life into a slumbering sex drive, experience a wave of energy, and feel younger, researchers have found that testosterone does more...much more...including boosting cognition and clearing out mental cobwebs.
Initially, this may seem contradictory. But the ancient Greeks knew that the body and mind are one and function as a complete unit. Problems in the physical realm affect the mental, and the opposite is true.
Two thousand five hundred years later, researchers scientifically verified ancient wisdom. Testosterone is a hormone categorized as an androgen. Researchers have found specific androgen receptors in the brain that act as light switches that only androgen hormones can turn on.
Studies have shown that testosterone can cross the blood-brain barrier. This barrier protects the brain by keeping out harmful substances that could damage the brain. The barrier also allows other substances to cross (like certain medicines). Researchers have also discovered that testosterone has protective effects on the brain, such as:
- extending nerve cell life
- promoting nerve cell regrowth after damage
- easing the adverse effects of nerve damage
- controlling inflammation in the nerves
These are a few potentially protective benefits to the brain that scientists believe testosterone may provide, and researchers are confident they will uncover more testosterone benefits in future studies.
Mental functioning declines with aging, and testosterone levels also drop with aging. Some studies have indicated that men suffering from Low-T tend to have lower mental function than men the same age who have higher testosterone levels.
As noted earlier, Low-T causes symptoms such as erectile dysfunction (ED), a diminished sex drive, excessive weight gain, fatigue, shrinking muscle, and a loss of strength.
People tend to associate these conditions with low testosterone, but Low-T can also cause symptoms that are hard to connect the dots to testosterone. Here are a few of them:
- impaired memory
Suppose you suffer these symptoms and can’t determine an underlying cause (lack of deep, restorative sleep, being an inactive “couch potato,” or eating fast foods and over-processed slop). In that case, low testosterone might be the main culprit.
Most studies linking testosterone with boosting cognitive function are on elderly men since they may be more prone to memory function. But if young men are experiencing the primary symptoms of Low-T, they may also see an improved thought process as a result of TRT.
What happens if low testosterone is not treated?
See the symptoms above (disappearing libido, smaller, weaker muscles, erectile dysfunction, and fatigue. If left untreated, these symptoms will only worsen.
Those who have fallen prey to low testosterone may also find it challenging to focus and experience depression, yet fail to make the connection between their symptoms and Low-T.
Low-T can assuredly adversely affect your life, particularly your sex life, which is a critical component of your physical, mental, and emotional overall health and well-being. If left untreated, low testosterone can weaken bones, which ramps up your risk for osteoporosis.
Remember, low testosterone can affect your energy levels and thinking, contributing to brain fog.
Our clinic is here to help.
At our clinic, we specialize in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Our hormone replacement treatments include Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), Human Growth Hormone (HGH) Replacement Therapy, Sermorelin Replacement Therapy, and any other type of hormone imbalance that needs to be addressed.
In addition to hormone restoration, we take a holistic approach to health and longevity.
Our treatment regimens included a detailed, comprehensive, and personal nutrition review, a personal fitness program, the importance of sleep, proper hydration, intelligent use of nutritional supplements, methods of stress reduction, and minimizing any toxins in your immediate environment. We leave nothing to chance.
Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation concerning the incredible benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - December 1st, 2022
- Punicalagin: A powerful Testosterone Booster - November 24th, 2022
- Think Testosterone is for Men Only? THINK AGAIN! - November 16th, 2022
- The Testosterone Controversy: To Take or not to Take? - November 8th, 2022
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 8th, 2022
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022
- Male menopause: it’s real! - October 26th, 2022
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Depression - October 8th, 2022
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - October 5th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - December 15th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 718