Testosterone is a potent Hormone that has huge effects on human physiological function.
Most people are aware of the impact that Testosterone has on sexual function, strength, and body composition, but Testosterone also affects pulmonary health as well.
These effects can be seen concerning both gender differences and about the impact of Low-T on male health.
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/290605217
Video Download: The Effects Of Testosterone On Asthma Prevalence Among Men And Women
Video Stream: The Effects Of Testosterone On Asthma Prevalence Among Men And Women
Women Are More Prone to Experience Asthma than Men Because Women Produce Less Testosterone
Though our understanding of Testosterone's many functions has grown tremendously in the past generation of medical study, there is still so much to learn.
Just this year, new research was published which presents substantial evidence that Serum Testosterone has a direct impact on the volume of a particular set of white blood cells that target human airways.
In men, elevated Testosterone Levels keep this form of white blood cell in check, but women have a tendency to produce too many of these cells, which leads to an increased prevalence of asthma and bronchial/lung inflammation.
There are many autoimmune conditions which are impacted by sex-differences, but this is the first time that Testosterone has been directly implicated in asthma.
Among adults, women are twice as likely to suffer from asthma as their male counterparts, though in young children, asthma is more predominant among boys.
Females become more likely to suffer from asthma in direct relationship to surging sex-hormone levels during puberty.
What Causes Lung Inflammation?
The body produces specific white blood cells to meet the needs of different systems.
The lymphatic system manufactures Innate Lymphoid Cells which target the lungs and stimulate inflammation. There are multiple ILCs which target the lungs.
Some of these cells trigger standard inflammation, while another form, called ILC2, triggers allergic reaction and asthma. We still do not fully understand how ILC2 is regulated, but it's clear that Testosterone plays a role.
Do Women Produce More ILC2 Than Men?
The goal of this recent asthma research was to investigate how gender differences impact the volume of ILC2 cells in the bloodstream, and how that affects asthma risk.
The study was conducted at the Vanderbilt Med School, with Dawn Newcomb acting as lead researcher. The title of the published research is “Testosterone Attenuates Group 2 Innate Lymphoid Cell-Mediated Airway Inflammation.”
In this study, researchers assessed Serum ILC2 Circulation among four different groups of participants, all of which were between the ages of 18-45.
The study compared women and men suffering from asthma to men and women that were asthma free.
What was discovered was those control patients had similar ILC2 Levels independent of gender. On the other hand, women with asthma had elevated levels of ILC2 in comparison to their male counterparts.
After producing this medical data among human participants, the study then experimented with mice, modulating Testosterone Levels directly to examine the effects of Testosterone on ILC2 Concentration.
Both mice and humans produce ILC1 and ILC2. They discovered that when Testosterone Levels were modulated upward, ILC2 Levels went down. The specific change was affected by an upstream cytokine known as Cytokine Interleukin 2 (IL-2).
Post-pubescent female mice were more strongly influenced by Testosterone in this manner than prepubescent mice of both genders.
Testosterone Not Only Mitigates ILC2 Concentrations, but it Also Diminishes Inflammation
This study shows a lot of promise because it advances our knowledge of the underlying mechanisms of Asthma, which will inevitably help us create new techniques to treat patients suffering from asthma.
Perhaps this study will provide further evidence that Testosterone Replacement Therapy for women is a viable treatment option to help women overcome issues associated with Hormone Imbalance.
With this study, researchers have shown that Testosterone has an undeniable effect on pulmonary function and susceptibility to Asthma and other lung disorders associated with lung inflammation.
Treating Asthma is a Global Imperative
Asthma is a worldwide epidemic, mainly due to air quality resulting from global industrialization and modernization. In just 25 years, asthma diagnoses have risen by 100% across the world.
To protect the health of men and women around the globe, we must both take action to clean up the environments in which we live, and we must come up with more advanced treatments to help patients live better lives in those settings.
Could This Study Provide Evidence that Testosterone for Women is a Viable Treatment Option?
Testosterone deficiency clearly has a negative impact on women's health as they age. It diminishes sexual desire and function, has an adverse effect on strength, and leads to an increased risk of osteoporosis and frailty.
Though Bio-Identical Testosterone is not specially formulated for women at this time, it is undeniable that Testosterone Replacement Therapy will have specific formulations designed to bolster feminine wellness shortly.
For men, there is substantial evidence that, for men with Low-T, Testosterone Patches, Injections, and Creams do have the ability to not only improve strength and muscle mass but also to improve pulmonary capacity.
Preliminary research has shown that low-dose Testosterone Therapy can help pubescent boys with asthma relieve their symptoms, and many boys naturally outgrow asthmatic symptoms as they progress through puberty.
There is even some promise that Testosterone Treatments could improve asthma symptoms among aging men with Low-T. There is immense promise in this field of research, and time will tell.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Testosterone Testing - November 20th, 2021 [May 7th, 2021]
- Testosterone for Men - April 13th, 2021 [April 13th, 2021]
- Testosterone Side Effects, Risks, Dangers and Negative Effects - October 26th, 2021 [March 2nd, 2021]
- Testosterone Supplements: Vitamin and Amino Acid Pills Versus Real Testosterone - October 16th, 2021 [March 1st, 2021]
- Testosterone Frequently Asked Questions - November 22nd, 2021 [February 26th, 2021]
- The Effects of Beer on Testosterone Production and Gynecomastia - November 5th, 2021 [January 30th, 2021]
- Grumpy Old Man Syndrome – Causes and Treatments - November 20th, 2021 [January 22nd, 2021]
- Testosterone Levels Associated with Serotonin Activity in the Brain - November 5th, 2021 [January 19th, 2021]
- How to Administer a Testosterone Injection -- Low-T Injection Guide - October 31st, 2021 [January 17th, 2021]
- Relieve Fatigue and Increase Energy with Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 22nd, 2021 [January 16th, 2021]
- Is Male Menopause Real? The Science of Andropause - October 22nd, 2021 [January 11th, 2021]
- Low Testosterone Symptoms - October 18th, 2021 [January 7th, 2021]
- 4 Foods to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - October 28th, 2021 [January 4th, 2021]
- 12 Health Issues That Can Kill Libido and Limit Sexual Performance - November 17th, 2021 [January 3rd, 2021]
- Limiting the Influence of Estrogen on Male Hormone Balance Through Diet - October 24th, 2021 [December 31st, 2020]
- The Importance of Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) for Healthy Testosterone Levels - November 2nd, 2021 [December 28th, 2020]
- The Relationship Between Testosterone and Cortisol - November 7th, 2021 [December 19th, 2020]
- Testosterone Promotes Bone Health and Can Help Treat Osteoporosis - October 30th, 2021 [December 17th, 2020]
- The Role of Testosterone in Women's Health - October 16th, 2021 [December 7th, 2020]
- The Influence of Testosterone on Protective Mating Behaviors in Men - October 24th, 2021 [December 6th, 2020]
- The Significance of Telomeres in Stem Cell Treatments - November 4th, 2021 [November 27th, 2020]
- Testosterone and Diet – How to Support Testosterone Levels with Healthy Eating - November 20th, 2021 [October 29th, 2020]
- Vitamin A is Essential for Good Health - Are You Getting Enough ? - November 10th, 2021 [October 14th, 2020]
- 7 Exercises to Elevate Testosterone Levels - November 20th, 2021 [October 10th, 2020]
- Changes to LabCorp Guidelines for Low-T Diagnosis and How They Impact Your Treatment - November 28th, 2021 [September 22nd, 2020]
- Low-T Treatment Before and After -- How Testosterone Therapy Improves Vitality - November 8th, 2021 [September 6th, 2020]
- The Importance of Proteins, Carbs, and Fats - November 3rd, 2021 [September 2nd, 2020]
- Exercise and Mental Health - November 7th, 2021 [September 1st, 2020]
- Sermorelin Acetate Drug Information - November 8th, 2021 [August 31st, 2020]
- What is Erectile Dysfunction? - November 11th, 2021 [August 30th, 2020]
- Understanding Heartburn in the 21st Century - November 12th, 2021 [August 28th, 2020]
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Cancer Proliferation And Prevention - November 14th, 2021 [August 26th, 2020]
- Understanding how Muscle and Fat Impact Body Mass, Weight, and Health - November 10th, 2021 [August 25th, 2020]
- Reexamining Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy - November 21st, 2021 [August 12th, 2020]
- Weight Cycling and the Problem with Crash Dieting - November 8th, 2021 [July 30th, 2020]
- The Effect of Testosterone on Auto-Immune Function and Multiple Sclerosis - October 19th, 2021 [June 21st, 2020]
- Does Ibuprofen Contribute to Low Testosterone? - October 24th, 2021 [June 20th, 2020]
- The Effects of Testosterone Therapy on Male Patients -- Who Should Use Testosterone? - October 16th, 2021 [June 16th, 2020]
- Testosterone Deficiency and Low-T at Epidemic Levels Among Men in the United States - November 18th, 2021 [May 17th, 2020]
- The Importance of Dietary Fat for Testosterone Production - November 27th, 2021 [January 2nd, 2020]
- Testosterone Therapy Helps Men with Low-T Ward Off Prostate Cancer - November 19th, 2021 [December 29th, 2019]
- Types of Testosterone Products and Delivery - November 13th, 2020 [January 22nd, 2014]
- HCG and Testosterone - November 11th, 2020 [January 18th, 2014]
- Hormone Level Testing - October 9th, 2020 [January 13th, 2014]
- Hormone Levels in Men - November 7th, 2020 [January 12th, 2014]
- What Causes Low Testosterone - November 19th, 2020 [January 7th, 2014]
- Aging and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 22nd, 2020 [January 3rd, 2014]
- Buy Testosterone Injections Online, Testosterone Prescription for Low T, Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 16th, 2020 [January 1st, 2014]
- Buy Testosterone | Types of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Programs, Injections, Cream and Gel - November 22nd, 2020 [December 31st, 2013]
- Testosterone Gel, Cream, and the Testosterone Patch - October 5th, 2020 [December 31st, 2013]
- Testosterone Levels - November 10th, 2020 [December 31st, 2013]
- Testosterone and Body Building - November 23rd, 2020 [December 30th, 2013]
- Testosterone Androgen - November 19th, 2020 [December 29th, 2013]
- Testosterone for Women - October 15th, 2020 [December 29th, 2013]
Word Count: 884