For men that suffer from Andropause and Low-T, Bio-Identical Testosterone can be an absolute game-changer. Testosterone Deficiency leads to a whole range of symptoms which impair male wellness and deplete vitality, such as sexual dysfunction, increased body fat, reduced exercise capacity, depression, and more. That doesn't mean that Testosterone Treatments are for everyone, however. When used when it is not necessary, Testosterone Patches, Creams, and Injections come with some significant risks.
Video Download: The Effects Of Testosterone Therapy On Male Patients Who Should Use Testosterone
Video Stream: The Effects Of Testosterone Therapy On Male Patients Who Should Use Testosterone
What is Andropause and How Does it Impact Male Health and Virility?
Similar to women, men also experience hormonal changes as a result of aging. Unlike women, who experience Menopause suddenly and somewhat abruptly, Andropause (the term for male menopause, also nicknamed Manopause) occurs slowly and gradually. The testes and adrenal glands produce high levels of Testosterone throughout adolescence and early adulthood, and Testosterone Levels fall into a state of depletion around the age of thirty. The decline is prolonged, only around 1-2% annually, but over the course of years and decades, Testosterone Levels can drop to a level which is no longer conducive to health and masculinity.
What are the Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Men with Low-T?
For men with impaired Testosterone Production, Prescription Testosterone Therapy for Hypogonadism can produce some fantastic results. For these patients, Bio-Identical Testosterone has been shown to relieve inflammation, reduce the risk of diabetes, improve blood pressure, balance cholesterol, and help patients maintain cardiovascular health and muscle mass while alleviating depression and improving psychological health.
Initially, Testosterone Treatments were provided primarily to younger patients with Testosterone Deficiency, whether caused by Primary Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism. Today, the range of patients treated with Prescription Testosterone has grown dramatically to include aging patients dealing with Andropause. There is a tremendous debate going on right now regarding the use of Testosterone Therapy for Andropause.
How Does Testosterone Therapy Impact Natural Testosterone Production?
Even among patients that utilize Testosterone Therapy for Andropause, Bio-Identical Testosterone does have some side effects. For one, it impacts the sensitive Pituitary-Testicular Axis. When you take Prescription Testosterone, this suppresses your natural Testosterone Production. The body recognizes that Testosterone Levels are elevated and sends signals to suspend the secretion of Testosterone Precursors, most notably Follicle-Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone. These hormones not only control Testosterone Production, but they also manage sperm count, fertility, and testicular size. Many doctors prescribe additional treatments such as HCG Injections or Clomiphene Citrate to counteract the suppressive effects of Bio-Identical Testosterone.
How Does Testosterone Abuse Affect Health?
When Testosterone is abused, either for performance enhancement or other purposes, the range and incidence of side effects increases dramatically. One of the most dangerous side effects of Testosterone Abuse is that it raises cholesterol levels, contributing considerably to heart attack and risk of adverse cardiovascular events. There is also evidence that Testosterone Misuse can increase the risk of Diabetes. Testosterone Levels are intended to stay within a normal adult range to preserve health and wellness. Both Low-T and Elevated Testosterone Levels are associated with heart attack and diabetes. Patients with healthy Testosterone Production should never take Bio-Identical Testosterone.
Testosterone Studies Reveal Benefits and Drawbacks for Patients with Low-T
Over the last twenty years, millions of dollars have been spent to learn more about how Testosterone Replacement for Men affects patients. Some studies have correlated Prescription Testosterone Therapy with an increased incidence of stroke and heart attack. While more research needs to be conducted, further studies, along with an additional analysis of the results of those studies, have shown that Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), when used judiciously and efficiently, is much safer than these studies make it appear.
For example, many of the patients in these earlier studies took doses of Testosterone which were too high or were not sufficiently assessed for risk before treatment began. The goal of Low-T Treatment is to restore Testosterone Levels to the lower range of normal. When working with a Men's Clinic, it's essential to use Testosterone as directed and to work with a reputable clinic. It's vital to monitor Testosterone Levels periodically and assess the effects of treatment every six months to watch for any potential underlying issues. Testosterone can do wonders for body composition, mood, and libido, but it's important to make sure that Testosterone Treatments are providing their benefits without putting long-term health at risk.
Should You Choose Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Men?
Testosterone Optimization can be a fantastic option for aging men struggling with the adverse effects of Andropause, but there are many things that you can do to improve your Testosterone Production. No medical treatment is without its potential drawbacks, and it's in your best interest to take steps in your life to enhance Hormone Balance Naturally before turning to therapeutic options. Strategies such as Intermittent Fasting and High-Intensity Interval Training have been shown to be highly effective at boosting and enhancing both HGH and Testosterone Levels, but you can also make efforts to eat, sleep, and exercise better to improve your health and wellness.
Of course, Low-T is an age-related condition, so your risk naturally increases in correlation with age. This also means that your efforts to naturally increase Testosterone Levels will become less effective over time. Our clinic is proud to serve Testosterone Replacement Therapy among our quality HRT Treatment Options. If you feel that the time has come to turn to Bio-Identical Hormones to relieve your Hormone Imbalance, our Clinical Endocrinologists and Hormone Specialists are standing by!
Word Count: 919
Contact Us Now
- Testosterone Testing - December 13th, 2018
- Grumpy Old Man Syndrome – Causes and Treatments - November 25th, 2018
- Testosterone Levels Associated with Serotonin Activity in the Brain - November 25th, 2018
- The Effects of Beer on Testosterone Production and Gynecomastia - November 24th, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency and Low-T at Epidemic Levels Among Men in the United States - August 28th, 2018
- Weight Cycling and the Problem with Crash Dieting - August 9th, 2018
- Reexamining Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy - July 28th, 2018
- The Significance of Telomeres in Stem Cell Treatments - July 25th, 2018
- Understanding how Muscle and Fat Impact Body Mass, Weight, and Health - July 25th, 2018
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Cancer Proliferation And Prevention - July 25th, 2018
- Understanding Heartburn in the 21st Century - July 22nd, 2018
- What is Erectile Dysfunction? - July 20th, 2018
- Sermorelin Acetate Drug Information - July 20th, 2018
- Exercise and Mental Health - July 20th, 2018
- The Importance of Proteins, Carbs, and Fats - July 20th, 2018
- Low-T Treatment Before and After -- How Testosterone Therapy Improves Vitality - July 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Diet – How to Support Testosterone Levels with Healthy Eating - July 19th, 2018
- Changes to LabCorp Guidelines for Low-T Diagnosis and How They Impact Your Treatment - July 18th, 2018
- How to Administer a Testosterone Injection -- Low-T Injection Guide - July 13th, 2018
- Relieve Fatigue and Increase Energy with Testosterone Replacement Therapy - July 13th, 2018
- Is Male Menopause Real? The Science of Andropause - July 11th, 2018
- Low Testosterone Symptoms - July 10th, 2018
- 4 Foods to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - July 6th, 2018
- The Importance of Dietary Fat for Testosterone Production - June 27th, 2018
- 12 Health Issues That Can Kill Libido and Limit Sexual Performance - June 27th, 2018
- The Relationship Between Testosterone and Cortisol - June 26th, 2018
- The Role of Testosterone in Women's Health - June 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Promotes Bone Health and Can Help Treat Osteoporosis - June 1st, 2018
- The Importance of Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) for Healthy Testosterone Levels - May 31st, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Helps Men with Low-T Ward Off Prostate Cancer - May 31st, 2018
- Limiting the Influence of Estrogen on Male Hormone Balance Through Diet - May 25th, 2018
- The Effects of Testosterone on Asthma Prevalence Among Men and Women - May 9th, 2018
- 7 Exercises to Elevate Testosterone Levels - May 2nd, 2018
- Does Ibuprofen Contribute to Low Testosterone? - April 29th, 2018
- The Effect of Testosterone on Auto-Immune Function and Multiple Sclerosis - April 29th, 2018
- The Influence of Testosterone on Protective Mating Behaviors in Men - April 29th, 2018
- Vitamin A is Essential for Good Health - Are You Getting Enough ? - April 27th, 2018
- Testosterone Supplements - January 26th, 2014
- Testosterone Side Effects - January 23rd, 2014
- Types of Testosterone Products and Delivery - January 22nd, 2014
- Testosterone for Men - January 21st, 2014
- HCG and Testosterone - January 18th, 2014
- Hormone Level Testing - January 13th, 2014
- Hormone Levels in Men - January 12th, 2014
- What Causes Low Testosterone - January 7th, 2014
- Testosterone FAQ - January 6th, 2014
- Aging and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 3rd, 2014
- Buy Testosterone Injections Online, Testosterone Prescription for Low T, Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 1st, 2014
- Buy Testosterone | Types of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Programs, Injections, Cream and Gel - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Gel, Cream, and the Testosterone Patch - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Levels - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone and Body Building - December 30th, 2013
- Testosterone Androgen - December 29th, 2013
- Testosterone for Women - December 29th, 2013