Video Download: Excessive Use Of Tylenol _ Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels In Unborn Boys
Video Stream: Excessive Use Of Tylenol _ Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels In Unborn Boys
Tylenol is one of the most popular pain relievers used in the United States and is clinically known as Acetaminophen or Paracetamol. Some risks have long been associated with the over-use of Tylenol, one of the most common of which is liver damage. Tylenol is the leading causes of Liver Toxicity in both the United States and Great Britain.
A recent study produced by the University of Edinburgh shows evidence that Tylenol use may have another, less recognizable effect upon human beings. When taken regularly during pregnancy, Tylenol appears to suppress Testosterone production by male children in the womb.
Tylenol Linked to Reproductive Issues in Boys
Previous studies have provided similar data, which shows that taking too much Tylenol while pregnant can lead to increased odds of reproductive abnormalities in the male child. Producers of Tylenol and its generic counterparts are already required to label their bottles to indicate the risk and warn that pregnant women should use Tylenol as briefly as possible with the lowest dosage of medication to provide relief. Many women may wish to forgo Tylenol entirely as a result of this information.
Prenatal Testosterone Study Performed on Mice
This particular study was conducted on rodents, but the way that the liver processes Tylenol, and the way that Testosterone production is related to liver function is similar in both mice and human beings. The mice in this study were provided Tylenol three times per day for seven days. After a single week, the rodents produced only 55% as much Testosterone as the control counterparts.
The Importance of Testosterone
Testosterone is the lynchpin of male function and health and suppressed Testosterone Levels are associated with a host of medical issues, such as erectile dysfunction, fatigue, depression, and obesity. For women that are pregnant, it is incredibly important to provide a healthy body for the fetus to develop and grow into a thriving child, and anything that blocks the healthy release of Testosterone in the womb can cause sexual issues in the child, including, but not limited to undescended testicles, heightened risk of testicular cancer, and fertility issues.
The mice in this study were surgically modified to imitate the healthy development of the testes in the womb. Researchers grafted the rodents with living tissue from human testicles. Previous research has revealed that this method very closely imitates the real way in which the body grows and forms the testes during prenatal development.
Regular Use of Testosterone Linked to Testosterone Suppression
Tylenol, when used for aches and pains, is generally taken three times per day, up to seven days. Researchers dosed the rats 21 times in seven days, then recorded Testosterone production sixty minutes after the last dose was given. What researchers discovered was that Tylenol did not have an immediate effect upon Testosterone Levels after a single day of treatment, but a full week of Testosterone Administration led to a forty-five percent drop in Testosterone Levels.
This study is essential, because it strengthens the evidence regarding the dangers of Tylenol use during pregnancy, as it can negatively impact the healthy development of the male fetus. Based on the results of the study, researchers do not suggest that pregnant women give up Tylenol altogether, but that they are conscientious about the use of the drug, and use it for the least number of days and use just enough to achieve sufficient pain relief.
Testosterone Abuse and Overdose are Very Dangerous
One issue that often gets people in trouble is that they lean on Tylenol for long-term pain, taking it far longer than recommended, even at standard dosage. The other issue is that Tylenol, at suggested dosage, does not provide sufficient relief, and people take more to compensate, which can be dangerous. The risks of both of these choices are heightened in the case of the pregnant mother because Testosterone is actively molding and shaping the unborn child, whereas, in adults, Testosterone is used merely to promote health and hormone balance, so Testosterone Deficiency does not affect development, merely normal function. Doctors recommend that any woman that experiences pain that low-dose, low-frequency Tylenol can't resolve, go to a medical professional that can help them find a pain treatment that is safe for their unborn child.
Drug Use Should Be Limited During Pregnancy
Specialist Doctor Martin Ward-Platt explains that there are a wide variety of drugs that can negatively impact the unborn child, and, unless necessary, pregnant women should try not to take any medications during their pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. There are many conditions, such as modest pain and colds, that don't require medicine, and, if at all possible, the mother should just bear through the issue. Of course, some patients may feel that Tylenol is essential to them. Before continuing a Tylenol regimen, it is vitally important to seek the advice of a medical professional, or from a nearby pharmacy.
Limited, Conscientious Use Appears Safe with a Doctors Approval
Dr. Ward-Platt explains further, that this particular study only relates to the frequent use of Tylenol, and that Tylenol is much safer and will likely cause no problems when used briefly for the treatment of fever or other episodic medical issues. The doctor even suggests that, in the case of a fever, the benefits of Tylenol used once or twice to relieve a fever are significant as compared to the potential risks of having a prolonged fever while pregnant. Fevers are associated with issues with the developing heart, and spina bifida, for example.
His final note regarding Tylenol is that mothers should not use Tylenol until they seek the advice of a medical professional, whether that be their physician or their pharmacist. On the other hand, the majority of women should not worry about using Tylenol for pain or fever, as long as it is used only briefly for episodic issues. For issues that last more than a couple of days, other treatment options should always be weighted heavily over Tylenol.
- NATESTO (testosterone) Nasal Spray - October 30th, 2019
- Ordering Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT ) Buy It Online - July 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - April 9th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- Testosterone Treatments May Alleviate Negative Effects of Type-Two Diabetes - March 20th, 2019
- Clomiphene Citrate for Low-T - August 20th, 2018
- What Is Male Hypogonadism - July 25th, 2018
- More than 152 Million Men Suffer from Hypogonadism and Low Testosterone - July 17th, 2018
- Risk Factors for and Causes of Male Hypogonadism - May 1st, 2018
- HIV and Testosterone Deficiency - verywell.com - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - UT Medical Center - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - July 17th, 2016
- Lipocine - Hypogonadism - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Risks, Symptoms and Leading Causes | Treato - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism and Hypogonadism Resources - What is ... - July 17th, 2016
- Male Hypogonadism - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck ... - July 9th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - May 6th, 2016
- Male - Hypogonadism -- Low T Treatment Help!? - Drugs.com - May 6th, 2016
- Hypogonadism Causes Infertility. Learn how to detect and ... - May 6th, 2016
- BodyLogicMD - Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone in Men) - February 8th, 2016
- Hypogonadism | Disorders | Knowledge Base - August 26th, 2015
- hypogonadism | pathology | Britannica.com - July 22nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic - May 23rd, 2015
- Hypogonadism (Medical Condition) - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Treatment Options for Hypogonadism - Healthline - April 4th, 2015
- Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free ... - March 23rd, 2015
- Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism - UpToDate - March 23rd, 2015
- Statins may lower testosterone and libido - March 16th, 2015
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Pipeline Review, H1 2015 - March 13th, 2015
- Biomarker monitors testosterone therapy for osteoporosis - March 12th, 2015
- The effect of hypogonadism and testosterone-enhancing therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males - March 2nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism: symptoms, cause, treatment, risk ... - February 18th, 2015
- Male Hypogonadism 1/28/15 - Video - January 31st, 2015
- What is Hypogonadism - Symptoms and Treatment | Hormone ... - January 30th, 2015
- Auxilium Announces Results from Special Meeting of Stockholders - January 28th, 2015
- Male hypogonadism pathophysiology - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Endo to Acquire Rights to Testosterone Nasal Gel Natesto - Analyst Blog - November 26th, 2014
- Female Hypogonadism Symptoms | eHow - November 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Deficiency (Hypogonadism) Overview ... - November 23rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutic Pipeline Industry Review, H2 2014 - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism in men living with HIV - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Will Repros (RPRX) Miss Estimates This Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - November 5th, 2014
- Urology Care Foundation - Urology A-Z - Low Testosterone - November 3rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism: Male Reproductive Endocrinology: Merck ... - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism Wikipedia - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism No Moustache! No Beard!! - October 28th, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with the in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene, a phase 2b ready asset, from ... - October 21st, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene - October 21st, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal: Repros Therapeutics shares drop on drug application setback - October 18th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Analyst Brief Report; Androxal(R) Achieves Superiority in Top Line Analysis by Small Cap Street ... - September 30th, 2014
- Repros Reports Encouraging Late-Stage Data on Androxal - Analyst Blog - August 28th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Q2 Loss a Penny Wider than Expected - Analyst Blog - August 12th, 2014
- Clarus Therapeutics Files For $86.25 Mln IPO - May 24th, 2014
- Prevalence, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypogonadism in ... - April 30th, 2014
- Repros Completes Enrollment for Androxal Study - Analyst Blog - April 16th, 2014
- VLog #127 Frances Explains Hypogonadism. - Video - April 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Medical ... - April 6th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism Symptoms - Diseases and Conditions ... - April 2nd, 2014
- Update on Endo's Product Portfolio - Analyst Blog - March 11th, 2014
- Unit Project 1 Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Endo: FDA Oks AVEED Injection For Treatment Of Adult Men With Hypogonadism - March 6th, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical ... - February 23rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism : Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Healthline - February 17th, 2014
- Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) in Men - Video - February 14th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms Healthline - February 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Therapy Not Always Good for Older Men - February 11th, 2014
- Repros Shares Soar After FDA Meeting - Analyst Blog - February 8th, 2014
- Endocrine Society calls for large-scale studies to evaluate testosterone therapy risks - February 8th, 2014
- Study Finds Potential Heart Risks from Testosterone Therapy - February 3rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism - SharedJourney - January 23rd, 2014
- Repros Continues to Gain on Androxal News - Analyst Blog - January 15th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism: Causes - MayoClinic.com - January 3rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical Trials ... - December 30th, 2013
- Hypogonadism - HealthCentral - December 24th, 2013
- Hypogonadism - December 23rd, 2013
- Hypogonadism - Medscape Reference - December 21st, 2013
- Audio-Digest Foundation Announces the Release of Oncology Volume 04, Issue 16: Highlights from Future Directions ... - December 15th, 2013
- Male hypogonadism: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com - December 12th, 2013
Contact Us Now
How useful was this post?
Click on a smiley face to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Word Count: 1010