A new study suggests that men with more testosterone tend to lie less than those with low testosterone.
Researchers in Germany found that those who were given testosterone before the study told fewer lies than those who did not receive the shot.
An earlier study has already linked testosterone with risky financial behavior.
"Testosterone has always been said to promote aggressive and risky behavior and posturing," said Bernard Weber, a neuroscientist from the Center for Economics and Neuroscience in Bonn, according to the Irish Independent.
The study gave 46 participants extra testosterone while 45 others were given a placebo.
They were then given a game to play which allowed for the inherent possibility of lying to earn money.
Those with higher testosterone, it was shown, lied less frequently.
"Test subjects with the higher testosterone levels had clearly lied less frequently than untreated test subjects," said co-author Armin Falk, according to Cordis.
"This result clearly contradicts the one-dimensional approach that testosterone results in anti-social behavior."
- A Great Way to Boost Your Testosterone? Get Married! - April 1st, 2020
- Co-Sleeping with Baby Drops Men’s Testosterone Levels - March 21st, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels Cause Health Woes -- Testosterone Prescription - March 11th, 2020
- Question: What Makes Men Sexy to Women? Answer: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - Testosterone Therapy - February 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Drives Ego, Reduces Cooperation — Testosterone Prescription - July 9th, 2019
- Your Life on Testosterone: Overly Sure, Unwilling to Listen to Anyone - June 13th, 2019
- Testosterone Linked to Heart Disease -- Testosterone Prescription - June 7th, 2019
- Acidosis: The Hidden Health Destroyer - May 5th, 2019
- Testosterone reduces group think, cooperation, and less sheep-like mentality - April 1st, 2019
- Increase in testosterone drug use - Testosterone Prescription - April 1st, 2019
- Five Myths About Low Testosterone And Testosterone Therapy - Testosterone Prescription - April 1st, 2019
- Environment trumps genes in testosterone levels, study finds - Testosterone Prescription - April 1st, 2019
- Hypogonadism Testosterone Archives - Testosterone Prescription - March 30th, 2019
- The top ten testosterone booster supplements: A review - March 28th, 2019
- Testosterone replacement therapy improves symptoms of metabolic syndrome - Testosterone Prescription - March 26th, 2019
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women- Testosterone Prescription - March 25th, 2019
- Testosterone therapy — good idea or not? - Testosterone Prescription - March 25th, 2019
- Testosterone, Viagra not a winning combination for erectile dysfunction - Testosterone Prescription - March 21st, 2019
- Too much testosterone makes for bad decisions, tests show - Testosterone Prescription - February 27th, 2019
- With testosterone, it's 'my way or the highway': UK study - Testosterone Prescription - February 27th, 2019
Contact Us Now
Word Count: 168