Video Download: More Than 152 Million Men Suffer From Hypogonadism And Low Testosterone
Video Stream: More Than 152 Million Men Suffer From Hypogonadism And Low Testosterone
Testosterone deficiency is a worldwide health issue which impacts millions upon millions of men across the globe. The world health organization estimates that 152 million males suffer from low-t. There are researchers and scientists from every major country on earth working on treatments and strategies to treat low-t and andropause so that men can live healthier and longer lives, as well as achieve restored sexual ability and satisfaction. Age-related hypogonadism is common and widespread, and your risk of experiencing issues related to low-t only increases as you grow older.
Low-T is a Condition, not a Disease
It's important to realize that andropause, though treatable and correctable, is distinctly correlated with the aging process. Testosterone deficiency is not caused by a virus or bacteria, nor is it a malfunction of the human body. It's a slow but steady decline in hormone balance which negatively impacts wellness and sexual health. Another name for this condition is hypoandrogenic deficiency syndrome.
Testosterone levels follow a predictable pattern throughout the lifespan of the average male. Testosterone production naturally spikes during the formation of primary sex characteristics in the womb, and at the onset of puberty. After puberty has completed, testosterone levels reach an elevated, healthy plateau that is associated with some favorable characteristics — assertiveness, sexual health, healthy muscle-fat ratio, and high energy.
Beginning at about age 30, the body slowly experiences a drain in testosterone production which, over the course of many years, leads to testosterone levels that are no longer able to sustain prime, optimal health in men. Most guys think of sexual health and dysfunction when it comes to testosterone and low-t, but the condition is statistically correlated with quite a few issues which are unhealthy and can significantly increase mortality risk, including hypertension, obesity, elevated cholesterol, diabetes, and more.
Who is at the Highest Risk of Low-T?
Though all men experience declining testosterone levels as they age, there are some factors which increase the risk and severity of low-t. Men with erectile dysfunction, low-libido, obesity, and type-2 diabetes are at very high risk for testosterone deficiency, as well as those with a sedentary lifestyle, those that smoke, and those that take opiates or other painkillers for the treatment of chronic pain.
How Widespread are Testosterone Deficiency and Erectile Dysfunction?
Low-t is a vast global medical issue. Among men between the ages of 20 and 75, nearly one in six males suffer from hypogonadism. As life expectancies continue to grow worldwide, and as lifestyle habits change in developing nations, cases of low-t and erectile dysfunction are expected to increase at a rapid rate. It's estimated that in the next eight years, the number of cases of erectile dysfunction will more than double.
Many Men Don't Get the Low-T Treatment that They Need
Though testosterone deficiency has such a substantial impact on quality of life, most males don't get treated. Only around 15-20% of men with erectile dysfunction receive medical treatment for their sexual issues. Furthermore, erectile dysfunction is strongly correlated with both anxiety and depression, which affects around a quarter of males struggling with the condition. It's sad that low-t and ED can be treated so quickly, and have such a profound effect on wellness, but are addressed so insufficiently.
Avoid Low-T Pills and Supplements — Only Use Prescription Testosterone
When considering testosterone therapy, it's important only to use treatments that are guaranteed to work. Many websites, infomercials, nutrition stores, and armchair specialists claim that testosterone supplements and pills are the keys to resolving low-t issues. Understand that this is not the case. Many of these products are available over the counter, but that doesn't mean that they are safe or that they even work.
Testosterone pills and other forms of oral testosterone supplement aren't beneficial because the body cannot properly absorb testosterone through the digestive system. If you research bio-identical prescription testosterone, you'll find that all current treatments are delivered in a method which bypasses the gastrointestinal tract so that testosterone can make its way directly to the bloodstream.
There's always going to be that urge to side-step the rules and try to make things easy, but remember that easily doesn't mean safe and that the non-clinical route will not adequately treat your low-t. Always work with a licensed medical professional that understands your needs.
Revolutionary Andropause and Hypogonadism Treatments
As of today, there are some low-t treatments available, among which are testosterone patches, low-t creams, transdermal testosterone pellets, and low-t injections. Patches and creams offer a transdermal infusion of testosterone which must be applied daily. Testosterone pellets are a treatment which supplies testosterone steadily for months, but it requires an outpatient surgery. Hypogonadism injections, such as Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate are popular treatment options which provide 10-14 days of testosterone in a single dose.
Low-T Treatment with Testosterone Undecanoate
All of these testosterone treatment options are valid, but endocrinologists, urologists, and medical researchers continue to look for ways to improve and expand treatment options. For example, during a recent conference in Egypt, scientists unveiled a new form of testosterone injection that provides an extended dose which lasts for months and provides a steady and predictable release of testosterone for the duration of the bio-identical hormone's presence in the bloodstream.
One doctor from Cairo University named Bahgat Metawee believes that long-acting testosterone injections like Testosterone Undecanoate will be the next wave of andropause care. Though all forms of prescription testosterone on the market today provide relief from testosterone deficiency and do lead to a marked and significant improvement in health and quality of life, there are always ways to improve and enhance current andropause technology.
For example, testosterone creams and patches can both lead to skin irritation in some patients. Also, these products must be used with care because of the risk of testosterone transmission through physical contact with others. Current injection treatments like Testosterone Cypionate work well, but serum testosterone can fluctuate over the duration of the medication's activity.
In coming years, new advancements in low-t treatment will likely lead to the widespread co-option of a new testosterone therapy option — Testosterone Undecanoate — which will only require four doses annually, while also providing a constant supply of testosterone to relieve the symptoms of low-t with minimal hassle and maximum effectiveness.
Contact Our Hormone Clinic if You are Interested in the Latest Testosterone Treatments!
At our board-certified HRT clinic, we are dedicated to treating testosterone deficiency and other forms of hormone imbalance thoughtfully and with integrity. We've helped men across America receive quality testosterone therapy from a provider they can trust. If you'd like to know more about the HRT treatments that we provide, or if you'd like to have a free consultation with one of our hormone specialists, we encourage you to contact us today!
Word Count: 1142
Contact Us Now
- Testosterone Treatments May Alleviate Negative Effects of Type-Two Diabetes - December 11th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - December 5th, 2018
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - December 5th, 2018
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - December 5th, 2018
- Clomiphene Citrate for Low-T - August 20th, 2018
- Excessive Use of Tylenol / Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels in Unborn Boys - August 9th, 2018
- What Is Male Hypogonadism - July 25th, 2018
- Risk Factors for and Causes of Male Hypogonadism - May 1st, 2018
- NATESTO (testosterone) Nasal Gel CIII | Prescriber Site - July 26th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT ) - July 19th, 2016
- HIV and Testosterone Deficiency - verywell.com - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - UT Medical Center - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - July 17th, 2016
- Lipocine - Hypogonadism - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Risks, Symptoms and Leading Causes | Treato - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism and Hypogonadism Resources - What is ... - July 17th, 2016
- Male Hypogonadism - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck ... - July 9th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - May 6th, 2016
- Male - Hypogonadism -- Low T Treatment Help!? - Drugs.com - May 6th, 2016
- Hypogonadism Causes Infertility. Learn how to detect and ... - May 6th, 2016
- BodyLogicMD - Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone in Men) - February 8th, 2016
- Hypogonadism | Disorders | Knowledge Base - August 26th, 2015
- hypogonadism | pathology | Britannica.com - July 22nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic - May 23rd, 2015
- Hypogonadism (Medical Condition) - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Treatment Options for Hypogonadism - Healthline - April 4th, 2015
- Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free ... - March 23rd, 2015
- Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism - UpToDate - March 23rd, 2015
- Statins may lower testosterone and libido - March 16th, 2015
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Pipeline Review, H1 2015 - March 13th, 2015
- Biomarker monitors testosterone therapy for osteoporosis - March 12th, 2015
- Overcome Hypogonadism Subliminal Track + Binaural Beat - Video - March 6th, 2015
- The effect of hypogonadism and testosterone-enhancing therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males - March 2nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism: symptoms, cause, treatment, risk ... - February 18th, 2015
- Male Hypogonadism 1/28/15 - Video - January 31st, 2015
- What is Hypogonadism - Symptoms and Treatment | Hormone ... - January 30th, 2015
- Auxilium Announces Results from Special Meeting of Stockholders - January 28th, 2015
- Male hypogonadism pathophysiology - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Endo to Acquire Rights to Testosterone Nasal Gel Natesto - Analyst Blog - November 26th, 2014
- Female Hypogonadism Symptoms | eHow - November 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Deficiency (Hypogonadism) Overview ... - November 23rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutic Pipeline Industry Review, H2 2014 - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism in men living with HIV - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Will Repros (RPRX) Miss Estimates This Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - November 5th, 2014
- Urology Care Foundation - Urology A-Z - Low Testosterone - November 3rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism: Male Reproductive Endocrinology: Merck ... - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism Wikipedia - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism No Moustache! No Beard!! - October 28th, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with the in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene, a phase 2b ready asset, from ... - October 21st, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene - October 21st, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal: Repros Therapeutics shares drop on drug application setback - October 18th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Analyst Brief Report; Androxal(R) Achieves Superiority in Top Line Analysis by Small Cap Street ... - September 30th, 2014
- Repros Reports Encouraging Late-Stage Data on Androxal - Analyst Blog - August 28th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Q2 Loss a Penny Wider than Expected - Analyst Blog - August 12th, 2014
- Zinc Deficiency Diseases Hypogonadism - Nutrition Tips - Health Tips - Video - July 31st, 2014
- Clarus Therapeutics Files For $86.25 Mln IPO - May 24th, 2014
- Prevalence, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypogonadism in ... - April 30th, 2014
- Repros Completes Enrollment for Androxal Study - Analyst Blog - April 16th, 2014
- VLog #127 Frances Explains Hypogonadism. - Video - April 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Medical ... - April 6th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism Symptoms - Diseases and Conditions ... - April 2nd, 2014
- Update on Endo's Product Portfolio - Analyst Blog - March 11th, 2014
- Unit Project 1 Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Endo: FDA Oks AVEED Injection For Treatment Of Adult Men With Hypogonadism - March 6th, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical ... - February 23rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism : Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Healthline - February 17th, 2014
- Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) in Men - Video - February 14th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms Healthline - February 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Therapy Not Always Good for Older Men - February 11th, 2014
- Repros Shares Soar After FDA Meeting - Analyst Blog - February 8th, 2014
- Endocrine Society calls for large-scale studies to evaluate testosterone therapy risks - February 8th, 2014
- Repros Meets With FDA To Discuss Data Requirements For Androxal - February 6th, 2014
- Study Finds Potential Heart Risks from Testosterone Therapy - February 3rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism - SharedJourney - January 23rd, 2014
- Repros Continues to Gain on Androxal News - Analyst Blog - January 15th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism: Causes - MayoClinic.com - January 3rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical Trials ... - December 30th, 2013
- Hypogonadism - HealthCentral - December 24th, 2013
- Hypogonadism - December 23rd, 2013