Video Link: https://vimeo.com/282903476
Video Download: More Than 152 Million Men Suffer From Hypogonadism And Low Testosterone
Video Stream: More Than 152 Million Men Suffer From Hypogonadism And Low Testosterone
Testosterone deficiency is a worldwide health issue that impacts millions upon millions of men across the globe. The world health organization estimates that 152 million males suffer from low-t.
There are researchers and scientists from every major country on earth working on treatments and strategies to treat low-t and andropause so that men can live healthier and longer lives, as well as achieve restored sexual ability and satisfaction.
Age-related hypogonadism is common and widespread, and your risk of experiencing issues related to low-t only increases as you grow older.
Low-T is a Condition, not a Disease
It's important to realize that andropause, though treatable and correctable, is distinctly correlated with the aging process. Testosterone deficiency is not caused by a virus or bacteria, nor is it a malfunction of the human body.
It's a slow but steady decline in hormone balance which negatively impacts wellness and sexual health. Another name for this condition is hypoandrogenic deficiency syndrome.
Testosterone levels follow a predictable pattern throughout the lifespan of the average male. Testosterone production naturally spikes during the formation of primary sex characteristics in the womb, and at the onset of puberty.
After puberty has completed, testosterone levels reach an elevated, healthy plateau that is associated with some favorable characteristics — assertiveness, sexual health, healthy muscle-fat ratio, and high energy.
Beginning at about age 30, the body slowly experiences a drain in testosterone production which, over the course of many years, leads to testosterone levels that are no longer able to sustain prime, optimal health in men.
Most guys think of sexual health and dysfunction when it comes to testosterone and low-t, but the condition is statistically correlated with quite a few issues which are unhealthy and can significantly increase mortality risk, including hypertension, obesity, elevated cholesterol, diabetes, and more.
Who is at the Highest Risk of Low-T?
Though all men experience declining testosterone levels as they age, there are some factors that increase the risk and severity of low-t.
Men with erectile dysfunction, low libido, obesity, and type-2 diabetes are at very high risk for testosterone deficiency, as well as those with a sedentary lifestyle, those that smoke, and those that take opiates or other painkillers for the treatment of chronic pain.
How Widespread are Testosterone Deficiency and Erectile Dysfunction?
Low-t is a vast global medical issue. Among men between the ages of 20 and 75, nearly one in six males suffer from hypogonadism.
As life expectancies continue to grow worldwide, and as lifestyle habits change in developing nations, cases of low-t and erectile dysfunction are expected to increase at a rapid rate. It's estimated that in the next eight years, the number of cases of erectile dysfunction will more than double.
Many Men Don't Get the Low-T Treatment that They Need
Though testosterone deficiency has such a substantial impact on the quality of life, most males don't get treated. Only around 15-20% of men with erectile dysfunction receive medical treatment for their sexual issues.
Furthermore, erectile dysfunction is strongly correlated with both anxiety and depression, which affects around a quarter of males struggling with the condition. It's sad that low-t and ED can be treated so quickly, and have such a profound effect on wellness, but are addressed so insufficiently.
Avoid Low-T Pills and Supplements — Only Use Prescription Testosterone
When considering testosterone therapy, it's important only to use treatments that are guaranteed to work. Many websites, infomercials, nutrition stores, and armchair specialists claim that testosterone supplements and pills are the keys to resolving low-t issues.
Understand that this is not the case. Many of these products are available over the counter, but that doesn't mean that they are safe or that they even work.
Testosterone pills and other forms of an oral testosterone supplement aren't beneficial because the body cannot properly absorb testosterone through the digestive system.
If you research bio-identical prescription testosterone, you'll find that all current treatments are delivered in a method that bypasses the gastrointestinal tract so that testosterone can make its way directly to the bloodstream.
There's always going to be that urge to side-step the rules and try to make things easy, but remember that easily doesn't mean safe and that the non-clinical route will not adequately treat your low-t.
Always work with a licensed medical professional that understands your needs.
Revolutionary Andropause and Hypogonadism Treatments
As of today, there are some low-t treatments available, among which are testosterone patches, low-t creams, transdermal testosterone pellets, and low-t injections.
Patches and creams offer a transdermal infusion of testosterone which must be applied daily. Testosterone pellets are a treatment which supplies testosterone steadily for months, but it requires an outpatient surgery.
Hypogonadism injections, such as Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate are popular treatment options that provide 10-14 days of testosterone in a single dose.
Low-T Treatment with Testosterone Undecanoate
All of these testosterone treatment options are valid, but endocrinologists, urologists, and medical researchers continue to look for ways to improve and expand treatment options.
For example, during a recent conference in Egypt, scientists unveiled a new form of testosterone injection that provides an extended dose that lasts for months and provides a steady and predictable release of testosterone for the duration of the bio-identical hormone's presence in the bloodstream.
One doctor from Cairo University named Bahgat Metawee believes that long-acting testosterone injections like Testosterone Undecanoate will be the next wave of andropause care.
Though all forms of prescription testosterone on the market today provide relief from testosterone deficiency and do lead to a marked and significant improvement in health and quality of life, there are always ways to improve and enhance current andropause technology.
For example, testosterone creams and patches can both lead to skin irritation in some patients. Also, these products must be used with care because of the risk of testosterone transmission through physical contact with others.
Current injection treatments like Testosterone Cypionate work well, but serum testosterone can fluctuate over the duration of the medication's activity.
In coming years, new advancements in low-t treatment will likely lead to the widespread co-option of a new testosterone therapy option — Testosterone Undecanoate — which will only require four doses annually, while also providing a constant supply of testosterone to relieve the symptoms of low-t with minimal hassle and maximum effectiveness.
Contact Our Hormone Clinic if You are Interested in the Latest Testosterone Treatments!
At our board-certified HRT clinic, we are dedicated to treating testosterone deficiency and other forms of hormone imbalance thoughtfully and with integrity.
We've helped men across America receive quality testosterone therapy from a provider they can trust. If you'd like to know more about the HRT treatments that we provide, or if you'd like to have a free consultation with one of our hormone specialists, we encourage you to contact us today!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Testosterone, Memory and Diabetes: What’s the Link? - January 11th, 2023 [July 9th, 2022]
- Female Hypogonadism Symptoms | eHow - November 14th, 2021 [May 18th, 2021]
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - November 20th, 2021 [April 25th, 2021]
- Hypogonadism - April 11th, 2021 [April 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - November 29th, 2021 [March 13th, 2021]
- Testosterone Treatments May Alleviate Negative Effects of Type-Two Diabetes - November 24th, 2021 [December 8th, 2020]
- Clomiphene Citrate for Low-T - October 24th, 2021 [October 28th, 2020]
- NATESTO (testosterone) Nasal Spray - October 27th, 2020 [October 27th, 2020]
- Risk Factors for and Causes of Male Hypogonadism - November 12th, 2021 [October 11th, 2020]
- What Is Male Hypogonadism - October 25th, 2021 [August 14th, 2020]
- Excessive Use of Tylenol / Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels in Unborn Boys - November 11th, 2021 [August 1st, 2020]
- Ordering Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) – Buy it Online! - November 11th, 2021 [May 8th, 2020]
- Hypogonadism: Treatment, Diagnosis, and Prognosis - January 9th, 2023 [April 16th, 2020]
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - October 21st, 2021 [February 11th, 2020]
- HIV and Testosterone Deficiency - verywell.com - October 22nd, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism - UT Medical Center - November 25th, 2018 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - October 8th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Lipocine - Hypogonadism - November 8th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism - Risks, Symptoms and Leading Causes | Treato - November 27th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism and Hypogonadism Resources - What is ... - October 7th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Male Hypogonadism - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck ... - November 19th, 2020 [July 9th, 2016]
- Male - Hypogonadism -- Low T Treatment Help!? - Drugs.com - October 14th, 2020 [May 6th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism Causes Infertility. Learn how to detect and ... - October 9th, 2020 [May 6th, 2016]
- BodyLogicMD - Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone in Men) - November 13th, 2020 [February 8th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism | Disorders | Knowledge Base - November 1st, 2020 [August 26th, 2015]
- hypogonadism | pathology | Britannica.com - November 28th, 2020 [July 22nd, 2015]
- Male hypogonadism Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic - January 2nd, 2018 [May 23rd, 2015]
- Hypogonadism (Medical Condition) - Video - November 7th, 2020 [April 21st, 2015]
- Treatment Options for Hypogonadism - Healthline - November 6th, 2020 [April 4th, 2015]
- Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free ... - December 23rd, 2017 [March 23rd, 2015]
- Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism - UpToDate - October 13th, 2020 [March 23rd, 2015]
- Statins may lower testosterone and libido - November 24th, 2020 [March 16th, 2015]
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Pipeline Review, H1 2015 - November 22nd, 2020 [March 13th, 2015]
- Biomarker monitors testosterone therapy for osteoporosis - November 16th, 2020 [March 12th, 2015]
- The effect of hypogonadism and testosterone-enhancing therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015 [March 5th, 2015]
- Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males - March 2nd, 2015 [March 2nd, 2015]
- Male hypogonadism: symptoms, cause, treatment, risk ... - November 12th, 2020 [February 18th, 2015]
- Male Hypogonadism 1/28/15 - Video - November 1st, 2020 [January 31st, 2015]
- What is Hypogonadism - Symptoms and Treatment | Hormone ... - January 5th, 2018 [January 30th, 2015]
- Auxilium Announces Results from Special Meeting of Stockholders - May 4th, 2015 [January 28th, 2015]
- Male hypogonadism pathophysiology - Video - October 31st, 2020 [January 14th, 2015]
- Endo to Acquire Rights to Testosterone Nasal Gel Natesto - Analyst Blog - November 12th, 2020 [November 26th, 2014]
- Testosterone Deficiency (Hypogonadism) Overview ... - November 23rd, 2014 [November 23rd, 2014]
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutic Pipeline Industry Review, H2 2014 - Video - November 14th, 2020 [November 7th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism in men living with HIV - Video - November 22nd, 2020 [November 7th, 2014]
- Will Repros (RPRX) Miss Estimates This Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - October 11th, 2020 [November 5th, 2014]
- Urology Care Foundation - Urology A-Z - Low Testosterone - June 19th, 2015 [November 3rd, 2014]
- Male Hypogonadism: Male Reproductive Endocrinology: Merck ... - December 24th, 2017 [October 28th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism Wikipedia - November 10th, 2020 [October 28th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism No Moustache! No Beard!! - November 20th, 2020 [October 28th, 2014]
- Apricus expands development pipeline with the in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene, a phase 2b ready asset, from ... - November 20th, 2020 [October 21st, 2014]
- Apricus expands development pipeline with in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene - November 21st, 2020 [October 21st, 2014]
- The Wall Street Journal: Repros Therapeutics shares drop on drug application setback - October 22nd, 2020 [October 18th, 2014]
- Repros Therapeutics Analyst Brief Report; Androxal(R) Achieves Superiority in Top Line Analysis by Small Cap Street ... - October 31st, 2020 [September 30th, 2014]
- Repros Reports Encouraging Late-Stage Data on Androxal - Analyst Blog - October 5th, 2020 [August 28th, 2014]
- Repros Therapeutics Q2 Loss a Penny Wider than Expected - Analyst Blog - October 3rd, 2020 [August 12th, 2014]
- Prevalence, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypogonadism in ... - April 30th, 2014 [April 30th, 2014]
- Repros Completes Enrollment for Androxal Study - Analyst Blog - October 27th, 2020 [April 16th, 2014]
- VLog #127 Frances Explains Hypogonadism. - Video - November 4th, 2020 [April 7th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Medical ... - November 11th, 2020 [April 6th, 2014]
- Male hypogonadism Symptoms - Diseases and Conditions ... - October 20th, 2020 [April 2nd, 2014]
- Update on Endo's Product Portfolio - Analyst Blog - October 17th, 2020 [March 11th, 2014]
- Unit Project 1 Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Video - November 26th, 2020 [March 8th, 2014]
- Endo: FDA Oks AVEED Injection For Treatment Of Adult Men With Hypogonadism - November 3rd, 2020 [March 6th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical ... - October 6th, 2020 [February 23rd, 2014]
- Hypogonadism : Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Healthline - January 28th, 2018 [February 17th, 2014]
- Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) in Men - Video - November 7th, 2020 [February 14th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms Healthline - December 5th, 2017 [February 14th, 2014]
- Testosterone Therapy Not Always Good for Older Men - October 3rd, 2020 [February 11th, 2014]
- Endocrine Society calls for large-scale studies to evaluate testosterone therapy risks - November 18th, 2020 [February 8th, 2014]
- Study Finds Potential Heart Risks from Testosterone Therapy - November 24th, 2020 [February 3rd, 2014]
- Hypogonadism - SharedJourney - December 19th, 2017 [January 23rd, 2014]
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical Trials ... - December 18th, 2017 [December 30th, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - HealthCentral - December 14th, 2017 [December 24th, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - January 12th, 2018 [December 23rd, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - Medscape Reference - January 29th, 2018 [December 21st, 2013]
- Audio-Digest Foundation Announces the Release of Oncology Volume 04, Issue 16: Highlights from Future Directions ... - December 15th, 2013 [December 15th, 2013]
- Male hypogonadism: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com - March 28th, 2020 [December 12th, 2013]
- Exciting medical advances using HRT - May 4th, 2015 [December 12th, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - About.com Men's Health - December 12th, 2017 [December 2nd, 2013]
Word Count: 1140