Video Download: Research Peptides Hcg Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
Video Stream: Research Peptides Hcg Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
What is Sermorelin Acetate?
Sermorelin acetate is a recombinant prescription medication designed for the treatment of idiopathic human growth hormone deficiency in children and adults.
Sermorelin acetate is often prescribed instead of human growth hormone therapy to elevate and restore ordinary endogenous human growth hormone levels.
Sermorelin acetate is a truncated version of a naturally produced hormone known as growth hormone-releasing hormone or GH-RH.
How Does Sermorelin Acetate Work?
Sermorelin works by correctly copying the effect of GH-RH on the pituitary gland. When the body recognizes a need for human growth hormone, the hypothalamus releases GH-RH to stimulate the pituitary somatotrophs which are responsible for secreting endogenous human growth hormone.
GH-RH travels through a series of blood vessels in the brain known as the hypophyseal portal system to activate the somatotrophs. At this point, human growth hormone is released.
What's the Difference between Sermorelin and GH-RH?
Sermorelin is a functional analog of GH-RH, meaning that, though it is not molecularly identical, it stimulates the human body in the same way.
Sermorelin contains the functional protein structure of GH-RH, without the physiologically impotent junk proteins that comprise a portion of the hormone.
This makes it cheaper to produce than bio-identical GH-RH while providing the same therapeutic value.
Sermorelin vs. Human Growth Hormone
Sermorelin is increasingly prescribed as an alternative to prescription human growth hormone therapy. Bio-identical HGH and recombinant sermorelin acetate are both highly effective at restoring healthy growth hormone balance but do so in very different ways.
Human growth hormone merely works by replacing the body's waning supply and production of natural HGH, thereby boosting growth hormone levels in the healthy range for an adult.
On the other hand, sermorelin increases growth hormone levels via a higher point in the hypothalamic/pituitary axis. Rather than replace human growth hormone, sermorelin encourages endogenous growth hormone production by the pituitary gland.
Why Patients Choose Sermorelin Over HGH
Though sermorelin and human growth hormone both treat somatopause and idiopathic human growth hormone deficiency quite capably, there are some distinct reasons why hormone doctors and their patients frequently opt for sermorelin over prescription HGH.
For one, sermorelin is less expensive than human growth hormone. HGH is among the most complex molecules produced by the human body, making it costly to produce bio-identically.
Sermorelin is a simpler molecule, reducing its production costs. Because many people pay for HGH replacement out of pocket, these savings matter.
Second, the body can regulate HGH levels in the bloodstream more effectively with sermorelin than with growth hormone injections.
When HGH is delivered into the blood, the body will utilize and convert the human growth hormone into IGF-1 as quickly as possible under any circumstances.
There are limiting factors in place about sermorelin acetate, however. The body can regulate how quickly that the pituitary uptakes sermorelin acetate just as it does with GH-RH, meaning that the body produces human growth hormone in a much more natural pattern, and is more resistant to tachyphylaxis.
Third, sermorelin is less strictly regulated than human growth hormone therapy, making it available to more patients that may benefit from HGH restoration.
Because HGH injections have a history of being used for performance enhancement, legal safeguards were put in place to limit the availability of bio-identical human growth hormone to patients that fit relatively strict parameters.
This means that your doctor cannot legally prescribe recombinant human growth hormone injections for off-label use. Sermorelin is under no such restrictions.
If your doctor feels that you can benefit from HGH optimization even if you don't qualify for growth hormone injections, he or she may offer sermorelin. This may be the case if your HGH levels are clinically low, but you aren't symptomatic enough to justify HGH therapy, for example.
Why Patients Choose HGH Over Sermorelin
Bio-identical human growth hormone has a longer track record of effectiveness than sermorelin, which makes some feel more comfortable with the treatment.
Also, some patients with HGH deficiency do not retain the ability to produce human growth hormone from the pituitary gland effectively.
For these patients, sermorelin acetate will be ineffective. The vast majority of patients with human growth hormone deficiency retain the ability to produce their own natural human growth hormone.
The core problem of age-related human growth hormone deficiency is diminished signaling for the production of natural HGH by the hypothalamus.
Sermorelin Side Effects
Of course, no medication doesn't come with its own set of potential side effects, and sermorelin acetate is no different. Most patients using sermorelin acetate do not experience symptoms severe enough to suspend treatment. The following are some symptoms that you may encounter while taking sermorelin:
- A headache
- Odd taste in the mouth
- Swelling and irritation at the point of injection
A smaller minority of patients may experience an allergic reaction to sermorelin, characterized by the following:
- Facial and oral swelling
- Chest tightness
- Trouble breathing
- Itching, hives, and rash
Storing Sermorelin Acetate
Sermorelin acetate is stored the same way as human growth hormone. It should be kept under refrigeration at 36-46 degrees Fahrenheit, and should never be frozen under any circumstances.
Sermorelin should also get minimal exposure to light, moisture, and heat. Sermorelin is stored as a lyophilized powder and should not be reconstituted until it is time for the patient to take the medication.
How to Use Sermorelin Acetate
Sermorelin is administered via subcutaneous injection, just like bio-identical human growth hormone. Sermorelin is delivered to the patient in lyophilized form, meaning that it is dehydrated to extend shelf life.
Before administering the injection, the sermorelin will have to be reconstituted into a solution. After reconstitution, you will use a small needle, the same type of needle used for insulin injections, to deliver the sermorelin just under the dermis, where it will enter the bloodstream and provide its benefits.
Sermorelin Acetate Prescriptions in Your Area
Sermorelin is becoming a more popular choice every year for those interested in HGH optimization. If you'd like to learn more about sermorelin acetate, and whether this treatment can benefit you as a patient, our licensed and board-certified hormone clinic can help.
We offer our HRT services to men and women thirty years and over located anywhere in the United States. We have a knowledgeable and well-trained staff that can help you get the quality HRT products that can help enhance and elevate your life.
If you think that you may benefit from human growth hormone restoration with sermorelin acetate, we can arrange for the preliminary examination and testing necessary to reveal your underlying hormone levels and health state to discover if you are a candidate for sermorelin acetate or any other quality HRT regimen that we provide.
Just call us at the number at the top of this page to contact us, or fill out the contact form on this page to arrange for a consultation!
- Testosterone Testing - May 7th, 2021
- Testosterone for Men - April 13th, 2021
- Testosterone Side Effects, Risks, Dangers and Negative Effects - March 2nd, 2021
- Testosterone Supplements: Vitamin and Amino Acid Pills Versus Real Testosterone - March 1st, 2021
- Testosterone Frequently Asked Questions - February 26th, 2021
- The Effects of Beer on Testosterone Production and Gynecomastia - January 30th, 2021
- Grumpy Old Man Syndrome – Causes and Treatments - January 22nd, 2021
- Testosterone Levels Associated with Serotonin Activity in the Brain - January 19th, 2021
- How to Administer a Testosterone Injection -- Low-T Injection Guide - January 17th, 2021
- Relieve Fatigue and Increase Energy with Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 16th, 2021
- Is Male Menopause Real? The Science of Andropause - January 11th, 2021
- Low Testosterone Symptoms - January 7th, 2021
- 4 Foods to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - January 4th, 2021
- 12 Health Issues That Can Kill Libido and Limit Sexual Performance - January 3rd, 2021
- Limiting the Influence of Estrogen on Male Hormone Balance Through Diet - December 31st, 2020
- The Importance of Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) for Healthy Testosterone Levels - December 28th, 2020
- The Relationship Between Testosterone and Cortisol - December 19th, 2020
- Testosterone Promotes Bone Health and Can Help Treat Osteoporosis - December 17th, 2020
- The Role of Testosterone in Women's Health - December 7th, 2020
- The Influence of Testosterone on Protective Mating Behaviors in Men - December 6th, 2020
- The Significance of Telomeres in Stem Cell Treatments - November 27th, 2020
- Testosterone and Diet – How to Support Testosterone Levels with Healthy Eating - October 29th, 2020
- Vitamin A is Essential for Good Health - Are You Getting Enough ? - October 14th, 2020
- 7 Exercises to Elevate Testosterone Levels - October 10th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone on Asthma Prevalence Among Men and Women - October 6th, 2020
- Changes to LabCorp Guidelines for Low-T Diagnosis and How They Impact Your Treatment - September 22nd, 2020
- Low-T Treatment Before and After -- How Testosterone Therapy Improves Vitality - September 6th, 2020
- The Importance of Proteins, Carbs, and Fats - September 2nd, 2020
- Exercise and Mental Health - September 1st, 2020
- What is Erectile Dysfunction? - August 30th, 2020
- Understanding Heartburn in the 21st Century - August 28th, 2020
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Cancer Proliferation And Prevention - August 26th, 2020
- Understanding how Muscle and Fat Impact Body Mass, Weight, and Health - August 25th, 2020
- Reexamining Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy - August 12th, 2020
- Weight Cycling and the Problem with Crash Dieting - July 30th, 2020
- The Effect of Testosterone on Auto-Immune Function and Multiple Sclerosis - June 21st, 2020
- Does Ibuprofen Contribute to Low Testosterone? - June 20th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Therapy on Male Patients -- Who Should Use Testosterone? - June 16th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency and Low-T at Epidemic Levels Among Men in the United States - May 17th, 2020
- The Importance of Dietary Fat for Testosterone Production - January 2nd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Helps Men with Low-T Ward Off Prostate Cancer - December 29th, 2019
- Types of Testosterone Products and Delivery - January 22nd, 2014
- HCG and Testosterone - January 18th, 2014
- Hormone Level Testing - January 13th, 2014
- Hormone Levels in Men - January 12th, 2014
- What Causes Low Testosterone - January 7th, 2014
- Aging and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 3rd, 2014
- Buy Testosterone Injections Online, Testosterone Prescription for Low T, Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 1st, 2014
- Buy Testosterone | Types of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Programs, Injections, Cream and Gel - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Gel, Cream, and the Testosterone Patch - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Levels - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone and Body Building - December 30th, 2013
- Testosterone Androgen - December 29th, 2013
- Testosterone for Women - December 29th, 2013
Word Count: 1160