Video Link: https://vimeo.com/387307760
Video Download: Testosterone Linked To Heart Disease Testosterone Prescription
Video Stream: Testosterone Linked To Heart Disease Testosterone Prescription
Scientists say they now have new evidence about why women live longer than men, from a study of historical data showing castrated Koreans far outlived their non-eunuch contemporaries.
The study, published in the scientific journal Current Biology, used detailed genealogical records of the Imperial nobility during Koreas' Joseon dynasty, which spanned more than 500 years from the late 1300s to the early 1900s.
According to the data, most men, including kings and royal family members, died in their late 40s or early 50s.
But noble-class eunuchs, men who were castrated either by accident or because of social benefits, lived, on average, to the ripe old age of 70.
Study author Kyung-Jin Min of South Koreas' Inha University told AFP the reason is probably that manly hormone, testosterone:
"Testosterone is known to increase the incidence of coronary heart disease and reduce immune function in males," he said.
Castration removes the source of male sex hormones, the study notes, adding the practice has already been proven to help many male animals live longer.
Castration also cuts off the possibility of reproduction, which Kyung-Jin stated could also be a factor.
According to one of the leading theories of aging, aging occurs at the expense of reproduction, he said, because the body has limited energy that can be used: either to keep up reproductive function or else to keep up everything else within the body.
But although the eunuchs could not father children biologically, they married, adopted, and raised children, and generally lived lives very similar to their non-castrated peers.
To eliminate socioeconomic factors that could have affected lifespan, the lifespan of the eunuchs was compared to the lifespan of men from other Yan-ban (noble class) families with similar socioeconomic status, Kyung-Jin said.
Contact Us Today
- Testosterone for TRT Could Someday Be Supplied from a Single Skin Cell - September 5th, 2022
- Guide to Boosting Your Testosterone Levels Naturally - August 16th, 2022
- Testosterone and Human Behavior: Hormone Promotes Prosocial Behaviors - August 15th, 2022
- Frustrating Factors That Suppress Testosterone Levels - July 10th, 2022
- Study Investigates the Effects of Democratic Outcomes on Testosterone Levels - March 30th, 2022
- Your Life on Testosterone: Overly Sure, Unwilling to Listen to Anyone - October 17th, 2021
- Too much testosterone makes for bad decisions, tests show - Testosterone Prescription - May 10th, 2021
- With testosterone, it's 'my way or the highway': UK study - Testosterone Prescription - May 9th, 2021
- Testosterone therapy — good idea or not? - Testosterone Prescription - May 5th, 2021
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women- Testosterone Prescription - May 3rd, 2021
- Environment trumps genes in testosterone levels, study finds - Testosterone Prescription - May 2nd, 2021
- Men with higher testosterone tend to lie less, study suggests - April 30th, 2021
- Increase in testosterone drug use - Testosterone Prescription - April 29th, 2021
- The top ten testosterone booster supplements: A review - April 27th, 2021
- Testosterone replacement therapy improves symptoms of metabolic syndrome - Testosterone Prescription - April 24th, 2021
- Who Would Have Thought? The Moon’s Cycles Affect Men’s Hormones Too! - April 23rd, 2021
- Testosterone Therapy Could Lower Diabetes Risk for Men – The Science is Promising! - February 19th, 2021
- Acidosis: The Hidden Health Destroyer - January 20th, 2021
- Testosterone Drives Ego, Reduces Cooperation — Testosterone Prescription - November 2nd, 2020
- Hypogonadism and Testosterone - Testosterone Replacement Therapy - June 14th, 2020
- Low-T: Men With Low Testosterone Found More Likely to Die From COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - June 12th, 2020
- A Disturbing Trend: Testosterone Levels Falling Even Lower in Adolescent Males - May 31st, 2020
- Testosterone, Viagra not a winning combination for erectile dysfunction - Testosterone Prescription - April 30th, 2020
- Testosterone Reduces Group Think, Cooperation, and Less Sheep-Like Mentality - April 25th, 2020
- Five Myths About Low Testosterone And Testosterone Therapy — Testosterone Prescription - April 8th, 2020
- A Great Way to Boost Your Testosterone? Get Married! - April 1st, 2020
- Co-Sleeping with Baby Drops Men’s Testosterone Levels - March 21st, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels Cause Health Woes -- Testosterone Prescription - March 11th, 2020
- Question: What Makes Men Sexy to Women? Answer: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - Testosterone Therapy - February 29th, 2020
Word Count: 301