Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides a wide variety of benefits to aging men suffering from the effects of Andropause.
Many of these benefits are well-known, especially those related to body composition, mood, and sexual appetite. There are many obscure benefits to Low-T Treatment, one of which is improved Bone Mineral Density.
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/290599644
Video Download: Testosterone Promotes Bone Health And Can Help Treat Osteoporosis
Video Stream: Testosterone Promotes Bone Health And Can Help Treat Osteoporosis
Dr. Robert Ashley has worked with patients suffering from Low-T and Osteoporosis for years.
He explains that research has shown that Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy for Andropause improves not only sexual desire and libido while increasing energy and helping patients lose weight, but also has positive effects on bone health.
Should Men Worry About Osteoporosis?
It's widely known that women are at an elevated risk of Osteoporosis compared to men. This is because Testosterone has anabolic effects on the skeletal structure. Testosterone promotes bone recycling, which helps preserve bone mineral density.
Specifically, Testosterone encourages Osteoblast activity, which are cells designed to fortify bone with recycled minerals.
Just because women are at elevated risk for Osteopenia and Osteoporosis doesn't mean that men are safe, however.
Testosterone Deficiency causes an imbalance in the pattern of bone recycling, favoring Osteoclast activity.
Osteoclasts are cells designed to break down bone tissue for recycling. Ideally, Osteoblasts and Osteoclasts work in harmony to preserve bone strength, but declining Testosterone Levels hurt that balance.
For younger patients with significantly Low Testosterone Levels, Testosterone Replacement Therapy has shown itself to be highly beneficial in bolstering and restoring bone mineral density.
It should not be considered the sole avenue of treatment, but it does provide practical results as an additional treatment.
Testosterone Therapy and Bone Mineral Density in Aging Men
1996 Testosterone Injection Osteoporosis Study
In adults suffering from Andropause, there have been multiple studies involving the relationship between Prescription Testosterone Therapy and Bone Health.
One early study, published in 1996, with 36 patients, showed promise in the effectiveness of Low-T Treatment for aging men.
Patients took Intramuscular Testosterone Injections for as long as eighteen months in this study. In the end, Bone Mineral Density increased 5%, and also provided significant benefits for overall body composition.
2004 Testosterone/Bone Mineral Density Study
In 2004, researchers conducted another Low-T Research Study, again utilizing Testosterone Injections for patients suffering from Clinical Testosterone Deficiency.
In another small study, researchers followed 48 patients for three years, half of which took bi-weekly injections of Testosterone, while the control group received a placebo. In this study, spinal cord density was shown to improve dramatically, by around 9%.
2017 AndroGel Low-T Treatment for Osteoporosis Study
One of the most recent studies regarding Bone Density and Low-T was published in 2017.
In this study, participants averaged 72 years of age, and all were clinically diagnosed with Testosterone Deficiency.
Whereas patients took Testosterone Shots in the first study, in this study, they were treated with AndroGel, a highly effective form of Topical Testosterone.
Results were pronounced in this study, especially about spinal bone density. Compared to the control group, the AndroGel Test Group experienced a 7.5% boost in spinal density, paired with a more modest increase in hip density.
What was interesting about this study was that both groups were treated with supplemental Vitamin D and Calcium.
While this supplementation proved highly beneficial to the control group about Hip Bone Density, it provided only minor results for the spine.
It appears that bone tissue in the spine is more responsive to Testosterone than the hip bones.
Can Patients With Normal Testosterone Levels Benefit from Testosterone Replacement?
Mostly because of the nature of Medical Research, there has not been a significant amount of research regarding the benefits of Testosterone Treatments for patients with Testosterone Levels in the normal range.
What we do know is that Testosterone Supplementation does lead to increased Prostate-Specific Antigen Levels, and does cause the prostate to grow in size.
There are no signs that increased PSA Levels caused by Testosterone Therapy are dangerous, but increased Prostate size can become problematic.
At least for now, Testosterone should only be used by patients with demonstrably low Testosterone Levels.
What are the Risks of Testosterone Therapy for Low-T?
For patients with Low-T, the risks appear to be minimal, but patients should be regularly examined for prostate health.
There is evidence that Bio-Identical Testosterone may contribute to an increased risk of Heart Attack and Stroke.
It's hypothesized that this risk is mostly the result of Testosterone Misuse and Abuse, or by physicians that inadequately tested Testosterone Levels before and during treatment.
When Testosterone Therapy is used to boost Testosterone Levels modestly into the normal range, these risks appear to be minimal and may be negligible. Further research is needed.
Are You Interested in Testosterone Replacement?
Our clinic firmly stands by its use of Bio-Identical Testosterone for Andropause and Low-T. We work with patients nationwide to provide quality HRT Services to men and women thirty and older.
If you feel that Testosterone Shots, Gels, or Patches may be the answer to your waning libido and energy levels, we proudly offer our services.
Contact us today for a no-cost consultation with one of our Hormone Specialists. Testosterone Optimization is proven to burn fat, increase muscle mass, and strengthen bones!
A concise review of testosterone and bone health
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Testosterone Testing - November 20th, 2021 [May 7th, 2021]
- Testosterone for Men - April 13th, 2021 [April 13th, 2021]
- Testosterone Side Effects, Risks, Dangers and Negative Effects - October 26th, 2021 [March 2nd, 2021]
- Testosterone Supplements: Vitamin and Amino Acid Pills Versus Real Testosterone - October 16th, 2021 [March 1st, 2021]
- Testosterone Frequently Asked Questions - November 22nd, 2021 [February 26th, 2021]
- The Effects of Beer on Testosterone Production and Gynecomastia - November 5th, 2021 [January 30th, 2021]
- Grumpy Old Man Syndrome – Causes and Treatments - November 20th, 2021 [January 22nd, 2021]
- Testosterone Levels Associated with Serotonin Activity in the Brain - November 5th, 2021 [January 19th, 2021]
- How to Administer a Testosterone Injection -- Low-T Injection Guide - October 31st, 2021 [January 17th, 2021]
- Relieve Fatigue and Increase Energy with Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 22nd, 2021 [January 16th, 2021]
- Is Male Menopause Real? The Science of Andropause - October 22nd, 2021 [January 11th, 2021]
- Low Testosterone Symptoms - October 18th, 2021 [January 7th, 2021]
- 4 Foods to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - October 28th, 2021 [January 4th, 2021]
- 12 Health Issues That Can Kill Libido and Limit Sexual Performance - November 17th, 2021 [January 3rd, 2021]
- Limiting the Influence of Estrogen on Male Hormone Balance Through Diet - October 24th, 2021 [December 31st, 2020]
- The Importance of Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) for Healthy Testosterone Levels - November 2nd, 2021 [December 28th, 2020]
- The Relationship Between Testosterone and Cortisol - November 7th, 2021 [December 19th, 2020]
- The Role of Testosterone in Women's Health - October 16th, 2021 [December 7th, 2020]
- The Influence of Testosterone on Protective Mating Behaviors in Men - October 24th, 2021 [December 6th, 2020]
- The Significance of Telomeres in Stem Cell Treatments - November 4th, 2021 [November 27th, 2020]
- Testosterone and Diet – How to Support Testosterone Levels with Healthy Eating - November 20th, 2021 [October 29th, 2020]
- Vitamin A is Essential for Good Health - Are You Getting Enough ? - November 10th, 2021 [October 14th, 2020]
- 7 Exercises to Elevate Testosterone Levels - November 20th, 2021 [October 10th, 2020]
- The Effects of Testosterone on Asthma Prevalence Among Men and Women - October 30th, 2021 [October 6th, 2020]
- Changes to LabCorp Guidelines for Low-T Diagnosis and How They Impact Your Treatment - November 28th, 2021 [September 22nd, 2020]
- Low-T Treatment Before and After -- How Testosterone Therapy Improves Vitality - November 8th, 2021 [September 6th, 2020]
- The Importance of Proteins, Carbs, and Fats - November 3rd, 2021 [September 2nd, 2020]
- Exercise and Mental Health - November 7th, 2021 [September 1st, 2020]
- Sermorelin Acetate Drug Information - November 8th, 2021 [August 31st, 2020]
- What is Erectile Dysfunction? - November 11th, 2021 [August 30th, 2020]
- Understanding Heartburn in the 21st Century - November 12th, 2021 [August 28th, 2020]
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Cancer Proliferation And Prevention - November 14th, 2021 [August 26th, 2020]
- Understanding how Muscle and Fat Impact Body Mass, Weight, and Health - November 10th, 2021 [August 25th, 2020]
- Reexamining Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy - November 21st, 2021 [August 12th, 2020]
- Weight Cycling and the Problem with Crash Dieting - November 8th, 2021 [July 30th, 2020]
- The Effect of Testosterone on Auto-Immune Function and Multiple Sclerosis - October 19th, 2021 [June 21st, 2020]
- Does Ibuprofen Contribute to Low Testosterone? - October 24th, 2021 [June 20th, 2020]
- The Effects of Testosterone Therapy on Male Patients -- Who Should Use Testosterone? - October 16th, 2021 [June 16th, 2020]
- Testosterone Deficiency and Low-T at Epidemic Levels Among Men in the United States - November 18th, 2021 [May 17th, 2020]
- The Importance of Dietary Fat for Testosterone Production - November 27th, 2021 [January 2nd, 2020]
- Testosterone Therapy Helps Men with Low-T Ward Off Prostate Cancer - November 19th, 2021 [December 29th, 2019]
- Types of Testosterone Products and Delivery - November 13th, 2020 [January 22nd, 2014]
- HCG and Testosterone - November 11th, 2020 [January 18th, 2014]
- Hormone Level Testing - October 9th, 2020 [January 13th, 2014]
- Hormone Levels in Men - November 7th, 2020 [January 12th, 2014]
- What Causes Low Testosterone - November 19th, 2020 [January 7th, 2014]
- Aging and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 22nd, 2020 [January 3rd, 2014]
- Buy Testosterone Injections Online, Testosterone Prescription for Low T, Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 16th, 2020 [January 1st, 2014]
- Buy Testosterone | Types of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Programs, Injections, Cream and Gel - November 22nd, 2020 [December 31st, 2013]
- Testosterone Gel, Cream, and the Testosterone Patch - October 5th, 2020 [December 31st, 2013]
- Testosterone Levels - November 10th, 2020 [December 31st, 2013]
- Testosterone and Body Building - November 23rd, 2020 [December 30th, 2013]
- Testosterone Androgen - November 19th, 2020 [December 29th, 2013]
- Testosterone for Women - October 15th, 2020 [December 29th, 2013]
Word Count: 870