Type-2 Diabetes is one of the most prevalent medical conditions in American society today, as well as one of the most dangerous.
Type-2 Diabetes is caused when lifestyle factors inhibit the body's ability to utilize insulin, which is responsible for the transport and utilization of glucose, the body's primary energy source.
There are many factors that increase the risk of Diabetes, but the most powerful and direct cause of diabetes is the overconsumption of simple carbohydrates such as sugar and processed grains.
As a result of the dangers of Type-2 Diabetes, which wreaks havoc on the cardiovascular system, tens of millions of dollars are pumped into Diabetes research each year.
Another factor that contributes to diabetes is obesity. This is unsurprising, considering that people that are overweight are more likely to consume the foods that lead to diabetes, and are more likely to consume them in great abundance.
A recent study suggests that, among patients that are obese, suffering from Low-T, and currently suffering from Type-2 diabetes, Bio-Identical Testosterone Treatments can improve health outcomes for patients.
Testosterone Study Provides Insight into the Link between Low-T and Diabetes
This study was recently released in the periodical, the European Journal of Medical Research. In this study, eighty-five participants were chosen, all of which were overweight, with a body mass between 27 and 48 kilograms per meter squared, male, and diabetic.
All of these patients were put on a unique health regimen to improve their health. Half of the patients were provided Low-T Treatment in combination with exercise and nutrition control, while the others received the same exceptional care, but received placebo rather than Testosterone Treatment.
This course of treatment was provided for a total of six months, after which, the groups were evaluated for changes in their health status.
One distinct difference between the two groups was related to cholesterol. Among patients on placebo, the prescribed health regimen did not lead to significant benefits concerning cholesterol levels, whereas patients using Testosterone in combination with this regimen experienced substantial improvement in cholesterol balance.
In addition to this, HbA1c levels were also impacted by the use of Testosterone Therapy.
Both placebo and experimental groups experienced worthwhile changes in their HbA1c levels, but patients taking Testosterone underwent even more significant improvement.
Other benefits afforded by Testosterone Therapy included healthier leptin levels, blood pressure, and Body Mass Index, as compared to placebo, which provided some benefit, but not as significant as that of Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy.
In the conclusion of the research article, the authors claim that the research clearly shows that Low-T Treatment can improve the body's ability to control blood sugar and increases the strength of Insulin to perform its necessary duties to sustain and bolster health effectively.
The researchers associated with this critical Testosterone Diabetes Study are all scientists working in the country of Georgia at the National Institute of Endocrinology.
Testosterone Replacement Hypothesized to Mitigate the Effects of Diabetes
The goal of this study was not to flood the body with excess Testosterone but to bolster Testosterone Levels to those associated with younger, healthier males.
Study after study continues to bear out the fact that Testosterone Therapy has immense benefits for patients suffering from Testosterone Deficiency.
The human body is designed to operate in peak condition when there is a certain amount of Testosterone circulating through the body and inhibited Testosterone Levels clearly contribute to health issues ranging from atherosclerosis to Alzheimer's to both Type-1 and Type-2 Diabetes.
Testosterone Therapy Diabetes Study Results
- Testosterone Diabetes LDL – LDL Cholesterol Levels dropped from 103.0 down to 95.6.
- Testosterone Diabetes HDL – HDL Cholesterol Levels rose from 55.5 to 71.1.
- Testosterone Diabetes Triglycerides – Triglyceride Levels dropped slightly from 185.6 down to 178.3
- Testosterone Diabetes Leptin -Leptin Levels in the bloodstream fell from 21.7 to 11.6.
- Testosterone Diabetes HbA1c – Hemoglobin concentrations in the bloodstream dropped from 8.3 down to 7.5.
- Testosterone Diabetes BMI – In this study, six months of Testosterone Therapy with lifestyle counseling led to a drop in BMI from 35.7 down to 29.7.
As you can see, the combination of nutrition counseling, physical activity, and Testosterone Therapy can have truly life-changing health effects for patients with Type-2 Diabetes.
The authors discuss the fact that the structure of this study is based primarily on three issues among patients with Type-2 Diabetes and Testosterone Deficiency:
- Patients that have diabetes have significantly increased odds of experiencing cardiovascular disease. When too much sugar is in the bloodstream, it is literally toxic and degrades the health of the entire system, including the heart.
- Research has also shown that patients with Low-T are much more likely to experience cardiovascular disease. Studies have shown that Testosterone has a protective effect upon the heart and cardiovascular system, and when Testosterone Levels fall, this directly leads to an increased risk of cardiovascular issues.
- Men that have diabetes are much more likely to experience significant Testosterone Deficiency than men that do not have Diabetes. Obesity and high blood sugar are both factors that suppress the body's ability to make Testosterone and/or maintain healthy Testosterone Levels in the bloodstream.
This study was designed to explore further the consequences of these three factors which have been extensively observed in scientific research.
In the end, the data and the conclusions derived from the data show that Testosterone Therapy can improve heart-health outcomes for patients with Diabetes and Testosterone Deficiency.
People with Type-2 Diabetes are stuck in a negative feedback loop that severely puts their health in danger. Issues related to Diabetes drive Testosterone Levels down in the bloodstream which prevents Testosterone from providing its immense benefits.
This directly leads to more severe problems and a more significant breakdown of physiological health which impairs Testosterone Production further.
Future Testosterone-Diabetes Study Could Provide More Insight into the Benefits of Testosterone
The researchers admit that, while this study was large enough to provide significant conclusions, more extensive, more extended studies will have to be performed to more accurately assess the benefits of Testosterone Treatment, as well as provide stronger data in support of these preliminary claims.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, and the results of this Diabetes Testosterone study show that it is possible to impede the progression of Diabetes through the intervention of Testosterone Replacement.
Other studies have been conducted in recent months and years which have explored the link between Testosterone and Diabetes.
In one particular study in the state of New York, Diabetic Patients on Low-T Treatment were found to respond to Insulin more readily, leading to a thirty percent boost in the utilization of glucose, while also providing many other benefits, similar to those produced in the Georgian study.
The jury is still ultimately out at this point, as other studies have shown no strong link between the use of Testosterone Patches, Creams, Gels, and Injections for Diabetes, including a study released in the country of Australia.
Could testosterone therapy benefit men with type 2 diabetes?
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Testosterone, Memory and Diabetes: What’s the Link? - January 11th, 2023 [July 9th, 2022]
- Female Hypogonadism Symptoms | eHow - November 14th, 2021 [May 18th, 2021]
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - November 20th, 2021 [April 25th, 2021]
- Hypogonadism - April 11th, 2021 [April 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - November 29th, 2021 [March 13th, 2021]
- More than 152 Million Men Suffer from Hypogonadism and Low Testosterone - November 17th, 2021 [November 26th, 2020]
- Clomiphene Citrate for Low-T - October 24th, 2021 [October 28th, 2020]
- NATESTO (testosterone) Nasal Spray - October 27th, 2020 [October 27th, 2020]
- Risk Factors for and Causes of Male Hypogonadism - November 12th, 2021 [October 11th, 2020]
- What Is Male Hypogonadism - October 25th, 2021 [August 14th, 2020]
- Excessive Use of Tylenol / Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels in Unborn Boys - November 11th, 2021 [August 1st, 2020]
- Ordering Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) – Buy it Online! - November 11th, 2021 [May 8th, 2020]
- Hypogonadism: Treatment, Diagnosis, and Prognosis - January 9th, 2023 [April 16th, 2020]
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - October 21st, 2021 [February 11th, 2020]
- HIV and Testosterone Deficiency - verywell.com - October 22nd, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism - UT Medical Center - November 25th, 2018 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - October 8th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Lipocine - Hypogonadism - November 8th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism - Risks, Symptoms and Leading Causes | Treato - November 27th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism and Hypogonadism Resources - What is ... - October 7th, 2020 [July 17th, 2016]
- Male Hypogonadism - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck ... - November 19th, 2020 [July 9th, 2016]
- Male - Hypogonadism -- Low T Treatment Help!? - Drugs.com - October 14th, 2020 [May 6th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism Causes Infertility. Learn how to detect and ... - October 9th, 2020 [May 6th, 2016]
- BodyLogicMD - Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone in Men) - November 13th, 2020 [February 8th, 2016]
- Hypogonadism | Disorders | Knowledge Base - November 1st, 2020 [August 26th, 2015]
- hypogonadism | pathology | Britannica.com - November 28th, 2020 [July 22nd, 2015]
- Male hypogonadism Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic - January 2nd, 2018 [May 23rd, 2015]
- Hypogonadism (Medical Condition) - Video - November 7th, 2020 [April 21st, 2015]
- Treatment Options for Hypogonadism - Healthline - November 6th, 2020 [April 4th, 2015]
- Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free ... - December 23rd, 2017 [March 23rd, 2015]
- Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism - UpToDate - October 13th, 2020 [March 23rd, 2015]
- Statins may lower testosterone and libido - November 24th, 2020 [March 16th, 2015]
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Pipeline Review, H1 2015 - November 22nd, 2020 [March 13th, 2015]
- Biomarker monitors testosterone therapy for osteoporosis - November 16th, 2020 [March 12th, 2015]
- The effect of hypogonadism and testosterone-enhancing therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015 [March 5th, 2015]
- Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males - March 2nd, 2015 [March 2nd, 2015]
- Male hypogonadism: symptoms, cause, treatment, risk ... - November 12th, 2020 [February 18th, 2015]
- Male Hypogonadism 1/28/15 - Video - November 1st, 2020 [January 31st, 2015]
- What is Hypogonadism - Symptoms and Treatment | Hormone ... - January 5th, 2018 [January 30th, 2015]
- Auxilium Announces Results from Special Meeting of Stockholders - May 4th, 2015 [January 28th, 2015]
- Male hypogonadism pathophysiology - Video - October 31st, 2020 [January 14th, 2015]
- Endo to Acquire Rights to Testosterone Nasal Gel Natesto - Analyst Blog - November 12th, 2020 [November 26th, 2014]
- Testosterone Deficiency (Hypogonadism) Overview ... - November 23rd, 2014 [November 23rd, 2014]
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutic Pipeline Industry Review, H2 2014 - Video - November 14th, 2020 [November 7th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism in men living with HIV - Video - November 22nd, 2020 [November 7th, 2014]
- Will Repros (RPRX) Miss Estimates This Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - October 11th, 2020 [November 5th, 2014]
- Urology Care Foundation - Urology A-Z - Low Testosterone - June 19th, 2015 [November 3rd, 2014]
- Male Hypogonadism: Male Reproductive Endocrinology: Merck ... - December 24th, 2017 [October 28th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism Wikipedia - November 10th, 2020 [October 28th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism No Moustache! No Beard!! - November 20th, 2020 [October 28th, 2014]
- Apricus expands development pipeline with the in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene, a phase 2b ready asset, from ... - November 20th, 2020 [October 21st, 2014]
- Apricus expands development pipeline with in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene - November 21st, 2020 [October 21st, 2014]
- The Wall Street Journal: Repros Therapeutics shares drop on drug application setback - October 22nd, 2020 [October 18th, 2014]
- Repros Therapeutics Analyst Brief Report; Androxal(R) Achieves Superiority in Top Line Analysis by Small Cap Street ... - October 31st, 2020 [September 30th, 2014]
- Repros Reports Encouraging Late-Stage Data on Androxal - Analyst Blog - October 5th, 2020 [August 28th, 2014]
- Repros Therapeutics Q2 Loss a Penny Wider than Expected - Analyst Blog - October 3rd, 2020 [August 12th, 2014]
- Prevalence, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypogonadism in ... - April 30th, 2014 [April 30th, 2014]
- Repros Completes Enrollment for Androxal Study - Analyst Blog - October 27th, 2020 [April 16th, 2014]
- VLog #127 Frances Explains Hypogonadism. - Video - November 4th, 2020 [April 7th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Medical ... - November 11th, 2020 [April 6th, 2014]
- Male hypogonadism Symptoms - Diseases and Conditions ... - October 20th, 2020 [April 2nd, 2014]
- Update on Endo's Product Portfolio - Analyst Blog - October 17th, 2020 [March 11th, 2014]
- Unit Project 1 Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Video - November 26th, 2020 [March 8th, 2014]
- Endo: FDA Oks AVEED Injection For Treatment Of Adult Men With Hypogonadism - November 3rd, 2020 [March 6th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical ... - October 6th, 2020 [February 23rd, 2014]
- Hypogonadism : Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Healthline - January 28th, 2018 [February 17th, 2014]
- Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) in Men - Video - November 7th, 2020 [February 14th, 2014]
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms Healthline - December 5th, 2017 [February 14th, 2014]
- Testosterone Therapy Not Always Good for Older Men - October 3rd, 2020 [February 11th, 2014]
- Endocrine Society calls for large-scale studies to evaluate testosterone therapy risks - November 18th, 2020 [February 8th, 2014]
- Study Finds Potential Heart Risks from Testosterone Therapy - November 24th, 2020 [February 3rd, 2014]
- Hypogonadism - SharedJourney - December 19th, 2017 [January 23rd, 2014]
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical Trials ... - December 18th, 2017 [December 30th, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - HealthCentral - December 14th, 2017 [December 24th, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - January 12th, 2018 [December 23rd, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - Medscape Reference - January 29th, 2018 [December 21st, 2013]
- Audio-Digest Foundation Announces the Release of Oncology Volume 04, Issue 16: Highlights from Future Directions ... - December 15th, 2013 [December 15th, 2013]
- Male hypogonadism: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com - March 28th, 2020 [December 12th, 2013]
- Exciting medical advances using HRT - May 4th, 2015 [December 12th, 2013]
- Hypogonadism - About.com Men's Health - December 12th, 2017 [December 2nd, 2013]
Word Count: 1155