Type-2 Diabetes is one of the most prevalent medical conditions in American society today, as well as one of the most dangerous. Type-2 Diabetes is caused when lifestyle factors inhibit the body’s ability to utilize insulin, which is responsible for the transport and utilization of glucose, the body’s primary energy source. There are many factors which increase the risk of Diabetes, but the most powerful and direct cause of diabetes is the overconsumption of simple carbohydrates such as sugar and processed grains. As a result of the dangers of Type-2 Diabetes, which wreaks havoc on the cardiovascular system, tens of millions of dollars are pumped into Diabetes research each year.
Another factor which contributes to diabetes is obesity. This is unsurprising, considering that people that are overweight are more likely to consume the foods that lead to diabetes, and are more likely to consume them in great abundance. A recent study suggests that, among patients that are obese, suffering from Low-T, and currently suffering from Type-2 diabetes, Bio-Identical Testosterone Treatments have the ability to improve health outcomes for patients.
Testosterone Study Provides Insight into the Link between Low-T and Diabetes
This study was recently released in the periodical, the European Journal of Medical Research. In this study, eighty five participants were chosen, all of which were overweight, with a body mass between 27 and 48 kilograms per meter squared, male, and diabetic. All of these patients were put on a special health regimen in order to improve their health. Half of the patients were provided Low-T Treatment in combination with exercise and nutrition control, while the others received the same special care, but received placebo rather than Testosterone Treatment.
This course of treatment was provided for a total of six months, after which, the groups were evaluated for changes in their health status. One distinct difference between the two groups was related to cholesterol. Among patients on placebo, the prescribed health regimen did not lead to significant benefits with regard to cholesterol levels, whereas patients using Testosterone in combination with this regimen experienced great improvement in cholesterol balance.
In addition to this, HbA1c levels were also impacted by the use of Testosterone Therapy. Both placebo and experimental groups experienced worthwhile changes in their HbA1c levels, but patients taking Testosterone experienced even greater improvement. Other benefits afforded by Testosterone Therapy included healthier leptin levels, blood pressure, and Body Mass Index, as compared to placebo, which provided some benefit, but not as significant as that of Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy.
In the conclusion of the research article, the authors claim that the research clearly shows that Low-T Treatment has the ability to improve the body’s ability to control blood sugar and increases the ability of Insulin to effectively perform its necessary duties in order to sustain and bolster health. The researchers associated with this important Testosterone Diabetes Study are all scientists working in the country of Georgia at the National Institute of Endocrinology.
Testosterone Replacement Hypothesized to Mitigate Effects of Diabetes
The goal of this study was not to flood the body with excess Testosterone, but to bolster Testosterone Levels to those associated with younger, healthier males. Study after study continues to bear out the fact that Testosterone Therapy has immense benefits for patients suffering from Testosterone Deficiency. The human body is designed to operate in peak condition when there is a certain amount of Testosterone circulating through the body, and inhibited Testosterone Levels clearly contribute to health issues ranging from atherosclerosis to Alzheimer’s to both Type-1 and Type-2 Diabetes.
Testosterone Therapy Diabetes Study Results
- Testosterone Diabetes LDL – LDL Cholesterol Levels dropped from 103.0 down to 95.6.
- Testosterone Diabetes HDL – HDL Cholesterol Levels rose from 55.5 to 71.1.
- Testosterone Diabetes Triglycerides – Triglyceride Levels dropped slightly from 185.6 down to 178.3
- Testosterone Diabetes Leptin -Leptin Levels in the blood stream dropped from 21.7 to 11.6.
- Testosterone Diabetes HbA1c – Hemoglobin concentrations in the blood stream dropped from 8.3 down to 7.5.
- Testosterone Diabetes BMI – In this study, six months of Testosterone Therapy with lifestyle counseling led to a drop in BMI from 35.7 down to 29.7.
As you can can see, the combination of nutrition counseling, physical activity, and Testosterone Therapy can have truly lifechanging health effects for patients with Type-2 Diabetes. The authors discuss the fact that the structure of this study is based primarily on three issues among patients with Type-2 Diabetes and/or Testosterone Deficiency:
- Patients that have diabetes have significantly increased odds of experiencing cardiovascular disease. When too much sugar is in the blood stream, it is literally toxic, and degrades the health of the entire system, including the heart.
- Research has also shown that patients with Low-T are much more likely to experience cardiovascular disease. Studies have shown that Testosterone has a protective effect upon the heart and cardiovascular system, and when Testosterone Levels fall, this directly leads to increased risk of cardiovascular issues.
- Men that have diabetes are much more likely to experience significant Testosterone Deficiency than men that do not have Diabetes. Obesity and high blood sugar are both factors which suppress the body’s ability to make Testosterone and/or maintain healthy Testosterone Levels in the bloodstream.
This study was designed to further explore the consequences of these three factors which have been extensively observed in scientific research. In the end, the data and the conclusions derived from the data show that Testosterone Therapy can improve heart-health outcomes for patients with Diabetes and Testosterone Deficiency. People with Type-2 Diabetes are stuck in a negative feedback loop that severely puts their health in danger. Issues related to Diabetes drive Testosterone Levels down in the blood stream which prevents Testosterone from providing its immense benefits. This directly leads to more severe issues and a greater breakdown of physiological health which impairs Testosterone Production further.
Future Testosterone-Diabetes Study Could Provide More Insight into the Benefits of Testosterone
The researchers admit that, while this study was large enough to provide significant conclusions, larger, longer studies will have to be performed in order to more accurately assess the benefits of Testosterone Treatment, as well as provide stronger data in support of these preliminary claims. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, and the results of this Diabetes Testosterone study show that it is possible to impede the progression of Diabetes through the intervention of Testosterone Replacement.
Other studies have been conducted in recent months and years which have explored the link between Testosterone and Diabetes. In one particular study in the state of New York, Diabetic Patients on Low-T Treatment were found to respond to Insulin more readily, leading to a thirty percent boost in the utilization of glucose, while also providing many other benefits, similar to those produced in the Georgian study.
The jury is still ultimately out at this point, as other studies have shown no strong link between the use of Testosterone Patches, Creams, Gels, and Injections for Diabetes, including a study released in the country of Australia.
Contact Us Now
- Risk Factors for and Causes of Male Hypogonadism - May 1st, 2018
- More than 152 Million Men Suffer from Hypogonadism and Low Testosterone - July 24th, 2017
- NATESTO (testosterone) Nasal Gel CIII | Prescriber Site - July 26th, 2016
- Clinical review: Distinguishing constitutional delay of ... - July 21st, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT ) - July 19th, 2016
- HIV and Testosterone Deficiency - verywell.com - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - UT Medical Center - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - July 17th, 2016
- Lipocine - Hypogonadism - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Risks, Symptoms and Leading Causes | Treato - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism and Hypogonadism Resources - What is ... - July 17th, 2016
- Male Hypogonadism - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck ... - July 9th, 2016
- Compare 37 Hypogonadism, Male Medications | Drugs.com - July 3rd, 2016
- What Is Male Hypogonadism - June 25th, 2016
- Dr. Namey - Knoxville TN Rheumatologist, Rheumatology ... - May 8th, 2016
- EFPIA - Hypogonadism - May 6th, 2016
- Male - Hypogonadism -- Low T Treatment Help!? - Drugs.com - May 6th, 2016
- Hypogonadism Causes Infertility. Learn how to detect and ... - May 6th, 2016
- BodyLogicMD - Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone in Men) - February 8th, 2016
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - January 28th, 2016
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - October 26th, 2015
- Excessive Use of Tylenol / Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels in Unborn Boys - October 20th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate for Low-T - September 12th, 2015
- Hypogonadism | Disorders | Knowledge Base - August 26th, 2015
- hypogonadism | pathology | Britannica.com - July 22nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic - May 23rd, 2015
- Hypogonadism (Medical Condition) - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Treatment Options for Hypogonadism - Healthline - April 4th, 2015
- Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free ... - March 23rd, 2015
- Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism - UpToDate - March 23rd, 2015
- Statins may lower testosterone and libido - March 16th, 2015
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Pipeline Review, H1 2015 - March 13th, 2015
- Biomarker monitors testosterone therapy for osteoporosis - March 12th, 2015
- Overcome Hypogonadism Subliminal Track + Binaural Beat - Video - March 6th, 2015
- The effect of hypogonadism and testosterone-enhancing therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Male Hypogonadism and Testosterone therapy - March 2nd, 2015
- Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males - March 2nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism: symptoms, cause, treatment, risk ... - February 18th, 2015
- Male Hypogonadism 1/28/15 - Video - January 31st, 2015
- What is Hypogonadism - Symptoms and Treatment | Hormone ... - January 30th, 2015
- Auxilium Announces Results from Special Meeting of Stockholders - January 28th, 2015
- Male hypogonadism pathophysiology - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Endo to Acquire Rights to Testosterone Nasal Gel Natesto - Analyst Blog - November 26th, 2014
- Female Hypogonadism Symptoms | eHow - November 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Deficiency (Hypogonadism) Overview ... - November 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - November 18th, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutic Pipeline Industry Review, H2 2014 - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism in men living with HIV - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Will Repros (RPRX) Miss Estimates This Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - November 5th, 2014
- Urology Care Foundation - Urology A-Z - Low Testosterone - November 3rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism: Male Reproductive Endocrinology: Merck ... - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism Wikipedia - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism No Moustache! No Beard!! - October 28th, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with the in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene, a phase 2b ready asset, from ... - October 21st, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene - October 21st, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal: Repros Therapeutics shares drop on drug application setback - October 18th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Analyst Brief Report; Androxal(R) Achieves Superiority in Top Line Analysis by Small Cap Street ... - September 30th, 2014
- Repros Reports Encouraging Late-Stage Data on Androxal - Analyst Blog - August 28th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Q2 Loss a Penny Wider than Expected - Analyst Blog - August 12th, 2014
- Zinc Deficiency Diseases Hypogonadism - Nutrition Tips - Health Tips - Video - July 31st, 2014
- A-Rod 'OK'd for performance enhancer' - July 3rd, 2014
- Alex Rodriguez got performance enhancer MLB exemption - July 3rd, 2014
- Fact-checking Chael Sonnen: Rhetoric vs. reality in drug fail - June 21st, 2014
- Clarus Therapeutics Files For $86.25 Mln IPO - May 24th, 2014
- Prevalence, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypogonadism in ... - April 30th, 2014
- Repros Completes Enrollment for Androxal Study - Analyst Blog - April 16th, 2014
- VLog #127 Frances Explains Hypogonadism. - Video - April 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Medical ... - April 6th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism Symptoms - Diseases and Conditions ... - April 2nd, 2014
- Update on Endo's Product Portfolio - Analyst Blog - March 11th, 2014
- Unit Project 1 Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Endo: FDA Oks AVEED Injection For Treatment Of Adult Men With Hypogonadism - March 6th, 2014
- UFC to follow Nevada athletic commission's new ban on TRT - February 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical ... - February 23rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism : Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Healthline - February 17th, 2014
- Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) in Men - Video - February 14th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms Healthline - February 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Therapy Not Always Good for Older Men - February 11th, 2014
- Repros Shares Soar After FDA Meeting - Analyst Blog - February 8th, 2014
- Endocrine Society calls for large-scale studies to evaluate testosterone therapy risks - February 8th, 2014