The Testosterone Controversy: To Take or not to Take?
That is the question. Here’s the answer!
It’s a fact. Men’s testosterone levels are plummeting at an alarming rate. The number of men in America suffering from anxiety, depression, or other mental disorders has skyrocketed to more than 20 million. Is it too much of a stretch to connect both of these developments?
Of course not! More than 2,500 years ago, the ancient Greeks understood that the body and mind are one unit. If the body is not healthy and vigorous, the mind will follow – or the other way around.
Mental health disorders are routinely treated with pharmaceuticals to boost hormones like serotonin and dopamine. These drugs have helped many people, but not everyone. However, it is considered standard practice by mental health professionals to look at hormone replacement therapy for treating mental illness.
But the same cannot be said about the health of the body. As mentioned earlier, the mind and body are one unit, and both must be functioning efficiently for optimal health.
Knowing this, it follows that Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) might be considered to strengthen the body, pump new life into those tired muscles, ease the ever-increasing muscle and joint aches and pains, boost the immune system, and help beat insomnia.
These developments brought on by testosterone will, naturally, work wonders in the battle against depression. Also, low testosterone levels have been linked to poor concentration and brain fog. Here are a few of the many benefits of TRT:
- An upsurge in energy
- A robust, safeguarding immune system that shrugs off disease
- Stronger muscles
- Melting fat, especially incredibly stubborn belly fat
- A renewed ability to get deep, recuperative sleep
- Increased mental sharpness
- A relief from the many aches and pains brought on by “old-man aging.”
- A renewed quiet, calm confidence that kicks depression to the curb
- A healthy, vibrant libido
- Stronger bones
- And more benefits, many more. Testosterone, when used correctly, can be the gift that just keeps on giving.
As an added bonus, never forget that TRT has been proven safe and efficient when TRT is applied correctly under medical supervision with the correct dosage.
So why is testosterone considered controversial?
Good question. Recently the phrase “Toxic masculinity” has seeped into our modern-day vocabulary. As evidence, critics of masculinity point to the upswing of mass shootings, aggressive male behavior, and violence committed by men.
When these events are combined with the stereotypical image of the power-hungry men, especially in the business world, who are determined to ride roughshod over anyone on their way to the top, it is easy to point the finger at testosterone-loaded men.
Another aspect that adds to the testosterone controversy is the ambulance-chasing law firms that pump out a continual drumbeat of the dangers of TRT. Also, the medical community is not entirely blameless. Some physicians who are not hormone specialists refuse to recommend TRT to their patients without weighing the benefits and risks.
So what is the answer to these criticisms?
Consider what masculinity has accomplished. From the brave men who stormed the beaches at Normandy and Iwo Jima to the visionaries who erected skyscrapers, sacrificed so much for their wives and children, and quietly lived decent lives as role models, testosterone did indeed play a positive role.
Also, here is a counter-point to the bad behavior exhibited by men who do mass shootings, commit rape, and behave in other despicable ways. Perhaps those cowardly men feel weak, scared, hopeless, and powerless. Their horrific actions serve (in their minds) to validate their miserable, pathetic existence.
Contrast that with a strong man who has no need to prove his masculinity continually. Testosterone gives men a quiet calm and confidence, which is an antidote to bad behavior.
Men, young men, in particular, are definitely in crisis mode. The change of social norms in the past few decades has occurred at a blistering pace that has left many men confused about what they are expected to do and how they are expected to behave.
This, in turn, leads to increased anxiety, isolation, and bitterness. Faced with continual ambiguities, some men give up entirely and lose hope of living a meaningful, productive, impactful life. This is possibly the cause of their mental breakdowns and resultant explosive incidents of violence on innocent folks.
Think about this. Men’s testosterone levels have been on a steady decline in recent years. As recently as 2000, the average man in America had a testosterone level of 605 nanograms per deciliter. Currently, the average testosterone reading in men is 450 nanograms per deciliter. That is a GIGANTIC CRASH!
In 2022, the average young man in his 20s has approximately the same levels of testosterone that a 60-year-old man had in the year 2000. The reasons behind this disappearance of testosterone in young men are many: the obesity epidemic, a lack of emphasis on physical fitness, and the continual barrage of toxic, testosterone-destroying chemicals in our food, the air we breathe, and the everyday household products that are estrogen bombs all add up and take a terrible toll.
The results of this are not pretty. Look around, and compare what’s happening today to several decades past. Enough said.
The men that accomplished so many life-changing achievements were not suffering from this epidemic of evaporating testosterone, aka “Low-T.” Men with normal testosterone levels are productive and channel their energies into positive endeavors that benefit society.
The cost of this Low-T epidemic to society is immeasurable. There will, of course, always be evil, violent, dangerous men. But the best way to stop them is stronger, braver, and better men. In other words, strong men are more caring, compassionate, and respectful and feel no need to go on a violent rampage.
When men are performing at optimal levels, everyone benefits. Healthy male role models have been a rock of steadiness throughout history, which remains as true today as ever. Strong men with a good moral compass are precisely what is needed!
Contact our clinic for a FREE, no-obligation discussion about the incredible benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - December 1st, 2022
- Punicalagin: A powerful Testosterone Booster - November 24th, 2022
- Think Testosterone is for Men Only? THINK AGAIN! - November 16th, 2022
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 8th, 2022
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022
- Male menopause: it’s real! - October 26th, 2022
- Can Low Testosterone cause brain fog or other mental problems? - October 17th, 2022
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Depression - October 8th, 2022
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - October 5th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - December 15th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 1018