Andropause is an area of growing interest for physicians, researchers and of course men.
The existence of Andropause is now recognized by the medical world - including the Canadian Andropause Society - and by Canadians alike.
In fact, a recent Angus Reid survey found that 70% of the general public share the belief that men experience a mid-life stage similar to women's menopause. Andropause (also called "male menopause") is a normal part of aging; although, for some men it is accompanied by a gradual and undesired decline in their sexuality, mood and overall energy. Sometimes it can even expose men to more serious health risks.
As with women, Andropause begins at a time when life often offers some of its greatest rewards. This site has been designed to arm you with actionable information about Andropause - what causes it and what you can do about it. And if you are going through Andropause, we hope this information will help you maintain a healthy and active quality of life throughout your middle-years.
Between the ages of 40 and 80+, men can experience a clinical syndrome similar to the female menopause, called andropause. For men, unlike women, there isnt a clear-cut signpost to mark this transition.
Andropause, just like menopause, is characterized by a drop in hormone levels. The bodily changes, as a result of reduced hormones, occur very gradually in men and may be accompanied by adverse changes in attitudes and moods, ongoing fatigue, a loss of vitality, and decreased sex drive. Added to this, there is usually a decline in physical agility and ability. What's more, medical studies show that this decline in testosterone can actually contribute to the risks for other health problems like heart disease and weak bones.
For most men, since this happens at a time when they are beginning to take stock of their achievements and direction in life, it's often difficult to realize that the developing changes are related to more than just outside circumstances.
Unlike menopause, which generally occurs in women during their mid-forties to mid-fifties, men's "transition" may be much more gradual and expand over many decades. Attitude, psychological stress, alcohol, injuries or surgery, medications, obesity and infections can contribute to its onset.
A reason why Andropause has been under-diagnosed over the years is that symptoms can be vague and can vary a lot among individuals. Some men find it difficult to admit that there's even a problem. And often physicians didn't always think of low testosterone levels as a possible culprit. So these factors often lead doctors to conclude that symptoms were related to other medical conditions (i.e. depression) or were simply related to aging and often encouraged their patients to accept that "they were no longer spring chickens". But this situation is changing.
New blood testing methods are available and there is a increased interest in men's' aging among medical researchers. In fact, so much attention is being focused on Andropause that major efforts are underway to quickly share emerging scientific information with Canadian physicians.
Yes and no. Obviously, not for nature. As a clinical phenomenon, andropause was first described in medical literature in the 1940's. In spite of that description, until now, the ability to effectively diagnose this syndrome has been limited.
Andropause has gone through a long period where it was under-diagnosed and under-treated. In fact, it even went unacknowledged! Fortunately, doctors now have a new sensitive bioavailable testosterone test for measuring testosterone. This test measures active testosterone which is the testosterone that is actually doing something. With this technology, andropause has now been identified as a legitimate clinical concern!
Since men are living longer, there is heightened interest in the andropause. At the Masters Mens Clinic, we are dedicated to improving the clinical approach to this significant life phase which was identified so long ago.
Unlike menopause, which generally occurs in women during their mid-forties to mid-fifties, men's "transition" is much more gradual and it happens over many decades. Attitude, psychological stress, alcohol, injuries, surgery, medications, obesity and infections can contribute to its onset.
With age, a decline in testosterone levels will occur in virtually all men, although there is no way of predicting who will experience andropause symptoms severe enough to seek medical help, nor is it predictable at what age symptoms will occur in a particular individual. Where andropause is concerned, each man's symptoms may be different.
Review the following questions. If you answered yes to question #3 or to any two of the other questions, call the Masters Mens Clinic to see how you can recover your vitality.
1) Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?
2) Do you often have a general lack of energy?
3) Do you have a decrease in your sex drive (libido)?
4) Do you often feel irritable?
5) Do you take longer to recover from exercise or do your injuries heal less quickly?
6) Have you noticed a decreased enjoyment of life?
7) Have you noticed a decline in your ability to participate in recreational activities?
8) Have you noticed a change with your memory?
9) Are your erections/ejaculations less strong?
10) Do you have trouble getting a night of restful sleep?
11) Is it difficult to get and stay in shape?
12) Are you eating the same or even less and putting on weight?
13) Do you feel that you are under chronic stress?
14) Are you more easily frustrated than previously?
15) Do you frequently suffer from joint pain or prolonged stiffness?
Everything Andropause http://www.everythingandropause.com
About Andropause - Masters Men's Clinic
- How Can Low Testosterone Affect Male Fertility? - July 28th, 2021
- Andropause | Male Menopause | Male Menopause Symptoms | Male Hot ... - May 30th, 2021
- Got Andropause? Male Renewal With Androgen Testosterone Treatment for Men - May 11th, 2021
- Andropause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - March 15th, 2021
- Clomiphene Citrate for Testosterone Deficiency - January 13th, 2021
- Low-T Therapy for Andropause — Treating Male Menopause - January 12th, 2021
- Study Questions Longtime Treatment for Prostate Cancer - November 10th, 2020
- Hypogonadism Guide - August 16th, 2020
- What is Andropause - August 15th, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Six Surprising Low-T Signs - August 8th, 2020
- Natesto Testosterone Nasal Gel Therapy on the Horizon - July 2nd, 2020
- Five Ways to Manage Cholesterol Without Medication - May 18th, 2020
- What is Andropause? - Renew Youth - August 14th, 2016
- Andropause - July 21st, 2016
- Male menopause - NHS Choices - July 4th, 2016
- Male menopause: Myth or reality? - Mayo Clinic - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ... - June 9th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Global Healing Center Health Products & Information - May 14th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - ZRT Laboratory - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms - Male Menopause Symptoms - BodyLogicMD - Home Page - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause/Male Menopause - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis ... - April 6th, 2016
- Andropause: Physical and Mental Symptoms and Treatment - April 5th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment| Symptoms | Peptides Australia - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause or male menopause | Manna Health - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment Program Renew Man - September 18th, 2015
- Andropause: When Guys Get 'The Change' | Lisa Turner - September 7th, 2015
- Low T/Andropause - Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health - August 3rd, 2015
- Symptoms Of Andropause (Male Menopause) Renew Man - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause / Male Menopause - Treatment - Medindia - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause (Male Menopause) Treatments - May 11th, 2015
- "TongKat Ali - Great for Andropause" - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Andropause Meaning - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Andropause - Male menopause - Symptoms - Causes ... - April 4th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T CD 2 - Video - March 26th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T - Video - March 26th, 2015
- The Male Menopause: Andropause - Nicole Ortiz, ND - Video - March 25th, 2015
- How Hucksters Are Profiting Off of Testosterone and Growth Hormone - March 25th, 2015
- The 10-point guide to the integral management of menopausal health - March 17th, 2015
- Andropause "Low T": #1: High Blood Sugar - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Menopause/Andropause List - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Andropause - Low Testosterone :: Department of Urology - February 23rd, 2015
- Live life! Avoid fatigue - hormonal imbalances - February 21st, 2015
- 3 out of 10 S.Korean men over 40 suffer andropause symptoms / YTN - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Tips to ease fatigue - January 22nd, 2015
- Andropause and Prostate Enlargement #15 - Video - January 11th, 2015
- Andropause | Health | Embarrassing | Channel4.com/bodies - December 29th, 2014
- Aging changes in the male reproductive system: MedlinePlus ... - December 19th, 2014
- EMAS promotes the study of midlife health through its journal - December 2nd, 2014
- My Journey In And Out Of Andropause! - November 19th, 2014
- GENERATION RX PLUS- ANDROPAUSE- ASK THE EXPERTS - Video - November 13th, 2014
- What are hormones and how do they affect me? - November 12th, 2014
- Andropause Depression Symptoms What Are Andropause Depression Symptoms - Video - November 10th, 2014
- Andropause, Late Onset Hypogonadism (LOH), male menopause ... - November 4th, 2014
- MEN HEALTH PROBLEMS - blogspot.com - October 30th, 2014
- Menopause | Andropause Workshop Preview - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Andropause: Dealing With Male Menopause - blogspot.com - October 28th, 2014
- What is Male Menopause - Healthline - October 28th, 2014
- Male Menopause: Get Facts about Symptoms and Treatments - October 28th, 2014
- The Male Andropause - Schachter Center for Complementary ... - October 28th, 2014
- Health Column: Anti-aging strategies - October 23rd, 2014
- Herbs For Andropause - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Dr. Farnesi explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Healthy Trinbago - Andropause - Video - October 3rd, 2014
- Find Out What Makes Sex Amazing Instead of So-So in this New Book by Sexual Medicine Scientist, Dr. E - October 3rd, 2014
- Hormone fluctuation affects men, too - October 1st, 2014
- Tired? Not interested in sex? Mister, you might be in andropause - September 18th, 2014
- Elsevier journal Maturitas publishes position statement on breast cancer screening - September 17th, 2014
- Dr. Reese explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Menopause in Men (a.k.a. Andropause) - Fact or Fiction - Video - September 6th, 2014
- What are the symptoms of andropause? - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Andropause and Depression - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Male Hot Flashes - Check Out wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Solve Andropause - Video - August 23rd, 2014
- Daytime Dr Miller Menopause v Andropause MP4 version - Video - July 28th, 2014
- New Case Study Highlights Effectiveness of Testosterone Therapy in Fighting Weight Gain and Fatigue - July 26th, 2014
- Andropause, Menopause, and Sexuality As We Age: Art of Aging 102 - Video - July 9th, 2014
- Dr Naina About Andropause - Video - June 28th, 2014
- LBC Sat with Vanessa Menopause & Andropause - Video - June 26th, 2014
- Did You Know? - June 24th, 2014
Word Count: 913