Testosterone (tes-TOS-te-rone gel) CIII
Read this Medication Guide that comes with testosterone gel before you start using it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This Medication Guide does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or your treatment.
What is the most important information I should know about testosterone gel?
1. Early signs and symptoms of puberty have happened in young children who were accidentally exposed to testosterone through contact with men using testosterone gel.
Signs and symptoms of early puberty in a child may include:
Testosterone gel can transfer from your body to others.
2. Women and children should avoid contact with the unwashed or unclothed area where testosterone gel has been applied to your skin.
Stop using testosterone gel and call your healthcare provider right away if you see any signs and symptoms in a child or a woman that may have occurred through accidental exposure to testosterone gel.
Signs and symptoms of exposure to testosterone gel in children may include:
Signs and symptoms of exposure to testosterone gel in women may include:
To lower the risk of transfer of testosterone gel from your body to others, you should follow these important instructions:
What is testosterone gel?
Testosterone gel is a prescription medicine that contains testosterone. Testosterone gel is used to treat adult males who have low or no testosterone due to certain medical conditions.
Your healthcare provider will test your blood before you start and while you are using testosterone gel.
It is not known if testosterone gel is safe or effective to treat men who have low testosterone due to aging.
It is not known if testosterone gel is safe or effective in children younger than 18 years old. Improper use of testosterone gel may affect bone growth in children.
Testosterone gel is a controlled substance (CIII) because it contains testosterone that can be a target for people who abuse prescription medicines. Keep your testosterone gel in a safe place to protect it. Never give your testosterone gel to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms you have. Selling or giving away this medicine may harm others and is against the law.
Testosterone gel is not meant for use in women.
Who should not use testosterone gel?
Do not use testosterone gel if you:
Talk to your healthcare provider before taking this medicine if you have any of the above conditions.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using testosterone gel?
Before you use testosterone gel, tell your healthcare provider if you:
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Using testosterone gel with certain other medicines can affect each other.
Especially, tell your healthcare provider if you take:
Know the medicines you take. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for a list of these medicines, if you are not sure. Keep a list of them and show it to your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How should I use testosterone gel?
Applying testosterone gel:
Testosterone gel comes in a pump or in packets.
If you are using the testosterone gel pump:
If you are using testosterone gel packets:
What are the possible side effects of testosterone gel?
Testosterone gel can cause serious side effects including:
Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the serious side effects listed above.
The most common side effects of testosterone gel include:
Other side effects include more erections than are normal for you or erections that last a long time.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of testosterone gel. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store testosterone gel?
Keep testosterone gel and all medicines out of the reach of children.
General information about the safe and effective use of testosterone gel.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use testosterone gel for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give testosterone gel to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them.
This Medication Guide summarizes the most important information about testosterone gel. If you would like more information, talk to your healthcare provider. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information about testosterone gel that is written for health professionals.
For more information, go to http://www.perrigo.com or call 1-866-634-9120
What are the ingredients in testosterone gel?
Active ingredient: testosterone
Inactive ingredients: carbomer 980, ethyl alcohol 67.0%, isostearic acid, purified water and sodium hydroxide.
This Medication Guide has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Made in Israel
Manufactured By Perrigo
Yeruham 80500, Israel
Allegan, MI 49010
: 1C200 RC J4
Read the original:
- What Causes Dark Circles Under Your Eyes? - July 5th, 2019
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - April 9th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- Testosterone Gel Information - July 18th, 2018
- Testosterone gel - Drugs.com - August 16th, 2016
- LowTestosterone.com - Testosterone Gel - August 11th, 2016
- AndroGel testosterone gel - Drug information from MediLexicon - June 15th, 2016
- Side Effects of Testim (Testosterone Gel) Drug Center - RxList - May 5th, 2016
- DailyMed - TESTIM - testosterone gel - May 3rd, 2016
- Testosterone gel is no fountain of youth, study finds - CBS News - April 10th, 2016
- Testosterone Gel & Testicular Shrinkage! - October 24th, 2015
- Testim (Testosterone Gel) Drug Information: Medication ... - October 24th, 2015
- Low Thyroid Level Symptoms | HagglundMD.com Thyroid Doctor - September 26th, 2015
- List Of Low-Carb Doctors - September 25th, 2015
- AndroGel (testosterone gel) - August 12th, 2015
- AndroGel® (Testosterone Gel) 1.62% - August 2nd, 2015
- Testim gel: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings - Drugs.com - July 3rd, 2015
- Testim (Testosterone Gel) Drug Information: Description ... - July 3rd, 2015
- DailyMed - TESTOSTERONE- testosterone gel, metered - July 3rd, 2015
- number one testosterone booster , testosteron booster , testosterone gel , booster testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- natural testosterone boosting , natural testosterone gel , best testosterone supplements - Video - May 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone Gel Treatment of Gynecomastia | eHow - April 6th, 2015
- Why Repros Therapeutics, Inc. Shares Are Soaring - April 2nd, 2015
- Low T Treatment | FORTESTA (testosterone) Gel CIII - March 17th, 2015
- Testosterone Gel - How RS Transaderm makes your test ... - March 12th, 2015
- MEDICATION GUIDE Testosterone (tes-TOS-te-rn) Gel, CIII - March 12th, 2015
- High testosterone ups heart disease risk in men - March 10th, 2015
- Men's heart disease risk linked to high testosterone and low estrogen - March 9th, 2015
- Higher heart disease risk for men due to high testosterone, low estrogen - March 9th, 2015
- Vital Health, Inc. Provides Tips On How To Combat Cystic Acne Through Dietary Changes and Natural Remedies - February 20th, 2015
- Men, women: Why cholesterol matters - January 30th, 2015
- How the menopause can drive women MAD - January 26th, 2015
- How the menopause can drive women MAD Panic attacks, violent rages, hallucinations just some of the terrifying ... - January 26th, 2015
- Gilead rival AbbVie's new hepatitis C treatment wins EU approval - January 20th, 2015
- Testosterone Gel A Convenient, Natural Solution - December 30th, 2014
- Doctor's Testosterone Gel - Buy Doctors Testosterone Gel ... - December 28th, 2014
- DailyMed - ANDROGEL- testosterone gel - November 25th, 2014
- Endo Int'l Buys Rights To Natesto Testosterone Nasal Gel From Trimel BioPharma - November 25th, 2014
- Secaucus police officer charged with selling steroid gel on eBay: officials - November 18th, 2014
- What Are the Benefits of Testosterone Gel? | eHow - November 2nd, 2014
- AbbVie Sales Blow Past Expectations - October 31st, 2014
- Buy Cernos Gel, Buy Testosterone Gel from Certified Online ... - October 28th, 2014
- testosterone gel (Androgel): Drug Facts, Side Effects and ... - October 3rd, 2014
- Woman Says Dentists Testosterone Gel Rubbed Off On Her During Sexual Attack, Causing Her To Grow Unsightly Body Hair - September 30th, 2014
- Androxal superior to Androgel in Phase 3 trial - September 27th, 2014
- 'When I look at myself I am not impressed at all' - August 2nd, 2014
- Don't Make This Big Investing Mistake Once Interest Rates Start Rising - August 2nd, 2014
- Why Isn't This Swirling Low in the Atlantic a Tropical Storm? - August 2nd, 2014
- As Political Disenchantment Soars, Lines At The Polls Grow Shorter - July 26th, 2014
- Love Letters: We Don't Have Much To Talk About - July 26th, 2014
- Wonkblog: Britains economy is finally bigger than it was in 2008. What took so long? - July 26th, 2014
- Wounded veteran is standing tall, looking to the future - July 6th, 2014
- Testosterone Nasal Gel Claims To Help Women Reach Orgasm (And Has 'No Side Effects') - June 18th, 2014
- Tefina NOSE gel claims to boost number of orgasms a woman can have - June 18th, 2014
- Book Extract: Set ambitious targets to win - June 2nd, 2014
- Double Blessing For Trimel Pharma... - May 31st, 2014
- Testosterone Gels - May 1st, 2014
- Andractim Testosterone Gel for Testosterone Replacement ... - April 30th, 2014
- AUXL Gives Bleak Outlook, IG Reverses Loss, ENDP Opens Wallet, BOTA Stops Work - April 30th, 2014
- How to Apply Testosterone Gel - 31 Day Testosterone Plan - Video - April 22nd, 2014
- Is Your Husband At Risk for a Testosterone Heart Attack? - April 16th, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate | Best Testosterone Supplments - April 14th, 2014
- Low T Litigation - Video - April 2nd, 2014
- Perrigo sues FDA over failure to grant therapeutic equivalence rating for testosterone gel - March 24th, 2014
- Testosterone Monograph for Professionals - Drugs.com - March 7th, 2014
- Could the male hormone testosterone transform a woman's looks, life and libido? - March 6th, 2014
- Group wants heart attack warning on testosterone - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports - February 25th, 2014
- Startling Effects of Testosterone Therapy - February 8th, 2014
- Questions & Answers 195 - Video - February 5th, 2014
- Testosterone Tx Ups Heart Attack Risk at Any Age - January 31st, 2014
- Testosterone Treatments Linked to Heart Attacks - January 30th, 2014
- Testosterone gel: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings ... - January 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Gel Vs. Patch | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - December 24th, 2013
- AndroGel (Testosterone Gel for Topical Use) Drug Information ... - December 24th, 2013
- Best Natural Testosterone Booster (Get FREE Bottle) - Video - December 23rd, 2013
- Top Testosterone Boosters (FREE Bottle Offer) - Video - December 23rd, 2013
- Female Sexual Desire Drug Rejected by U.S. Regulators - December 12th, 2013
- Manufacturers of "female Viagra" appeal FDA denial - December 12th, 2013
- Side Effects of AndroGel (Testosterone Gel for Topical Use ... - December 10th, 2013
Word Count: 859