Video Download: Five Ways To Manage Cholesterol Without Medication
Video Stream: Five Ways To Manage Cholesterol Without Medication
High Cholesterol is one of the leading risk factors associated with poor heart health and increased mortality rate from conditions associated with the heart and the cardiovascular system. The quickest way to get dangerously high cholesterol levels under control quickly is through the use of Statin Drugs and similar medications, but for patients that are looking to prevent their cholesterol levels from reaching a problematic, dangerous level, there are a number of steps that you can take to keep your cholesterol under control.
Also, even if you do currently take drugs to control your Cholesterol, it's still heavily in your favor as a patient to make strong efforts to improve your natural cholesterol balance, not only to limit your need for Cholesterol Medications, but also because these same steps can significantly improve your health in a variety of ways.
Lose Weight to Control Cholesterol
The food that you eat and the bodyfat that you carry play a major, central role in your underlying cholesterol levels. If you lose weight, you help get your cholesterol in check more effectively. If you eat less of the foods associated with elevated cholesterol, you'll also improve your Cholesterol balance.
A little lost weight can go a long way, when it comes to controlling cholesterol. For example, losing only five to ten percent of your weight can lead to major benefits with regard to your cholesterol.
There are a lot of steps that you can take to drop the pounds. For example, many people eat when they are frustrated or bored, but there are lots of more productive things that you can do. Go for a jog or run some errands. Even just taking a walk around the block can help out a lot. Take stock of habits which lead you to overeat or be under active. For example, if you are always in a hurry for work and end up having to eat fast food every practically daily, pack lunch, or rearrange your schedule so that you have more time to eat. If you find yourself eating unhealthy food in front of the television, switch to eating fruit or vegetables, such as cauliflower, brocolli, or carrots.
Do everything that you can to increase the activity in your day. Even relatively small things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator can produce significant gains.
Eat Foods that Are Proven Healthy for the Heart
It doesn't matter how long you've catered to unhealthy cravings, or how old you are, altering your diet can quickly lead to immensely positive changes in your health, wellness, and cardiovascular profile.
Not all fats are created equal. For example, you should try to completely delete transfats from your life, period. They are incredibly unhealthy and do nothing but harm your heart in the long term. Saturated fats, on the other hand, are necessary, but most people consume far too much saturated fat. Most people should only consume around seven percent of their diet in saturated fat. Saturated fat has been clearly shown to elevate Cholesterol Levels. Most of the fat from your diet should come from unsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Canola, peanut, and olive oil are three strong choices to infuse your diet with monounsaturated fats. In order to reduce the amount of fat you consume inyour diet, turn to dairy products with low-fat, and choose lean meats over their fatty counterparts.
A no-brainer for lowering your cholesterol is to simply eat less cholesterol. The average, healthy person should have no more than three hundred milligrams of daily cholesterol, and at-risk patients should have even less—two hundred max. There are certain products that are particularly high in cholesterol, including whole milk, egg yolks, and meats such as liver that are made from organs.
Ditch the white bread and other highly processed breads for whole grain bread. Whole grains are loaded with awesome nutrients that have been shown to strongly promote cardiovascular health. Brown rice, whole-wheat flour, whole-wheat pasta, and whole-grain breads are all awesome choices.
Eat lots of fruits and veggies, especially those with high levels of fiber. Dietary fiber helps cholesterol pass through the digestive system without being fully absorbed, which helps promote lower cholesterol. Dried fruits are also an option, but they are dense in calories and are easy to overeat, so they should be consciously consumed in moderation.
Finally, add Omega-3 Fatty Acids to your diet. These nutrients have been shown to suppress LDL Cholesterol, improving your heart health. Cold-water fish such as herring, mackerel, and salmon are among the best sources of Omega-3s, but flaxseeds, almonds, and walnuts are quality choices as well.
Exercise Regularly to Promote Improved Cholesterol Balance
In addition to controlling what you eat to balance cholesterol, you can also improve your activity level to promote improved cardiovascular health. There is undeniable evidence that modest, regular exercise can boost good HDL Cholesterol. Around thirty minutes of activity four to six times per week can provide significant improvement. You can even chop up that thirty minutes throughout your day if it suits you!
Here are some exercise options to think about:
- Play sports that you enjoy, such as basketball, golf, or soccer.
- Go to the pool for a swim.
- Take your bike, rather than your car, to work.
- Go for a walk during lunch.
In addition to scheduled exercise, make the conscious decision to be more active in your day-to-day activities. Doing push-ups in front of the television, or using the staircase as opposed to the elevator are smart decisions as well.
Stop Smoking for Your Heart!
Smoking causes incredible levels of stress on you heart and your lungs over time. For example, smoking increases your LDL Cholesterol Levels and suppresses your HDL Cholesterol Levels. The cardiovascular benefits of smoking cessation can occur very quickly. For example, after only about twenty minutes, blood pressure drops. Within a single day, you become less likely to have a heart attack. After a single year, you drop your heart disease risk by fifty percent. If you stop smoking for the long haul, your heart will be nearly as healthy as a non-smoker after fifteen years.
Consume Moderate Levels of Alcohol Regularly
There is evidence that drinking alcohol is associated with improved HDL Cholesterol Levels. The benefits are significant, but not so powerful that people should pick up drinking just for the heart-health benefit. For men over sixty-five and women, one drink per day is the ideal amount to maximize the benefits of alcohol for the heart. For men under sixty-five, two beverages appear to be the sweet spot. Of course, alcohol abuse is counterproductive, and can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure, and hypertension.
Lifestyle Changes Not Always Sufficient to Control Cholesterol
Even the most structured changes in lifestyle may not ultimately be enough to get your Cholesterol Levels under control. If your doctor feels that Statins or other Cholesterol Lowering Medications may benefit you as a patient, take their advice and get your prescription filled. These lifestyle changes can help control your need for medication in the long-run, and they will provide other ancillary benefits, so keep up the good work, even if you have to start taking pills for cholesterol!
Contact Us Now
- Clomiphene Citrate for Testosterone Deficiency - April 22nd, 2019
- Low-T Therapy for Andropause — Treating Male Menopause - April 22nd, 2019
- Andropause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - April 18th, 2019
- Got Andropause? Male Renewal With Androgen Testosterone Treatment for Men - March 23rd, 2019
- Natesto Testosterone Nasal Gel Therapy on the Horizon - September 5th, 2018
- Six Surprising Low-T Signs - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- What is Andropause - July 25th, 2018
- Hypogonadism Guide - July 25th, 2018
- What is Andropause? - Renew Youth - August 14th, 2016
- Andropause - July 21st, 2016
- Male menopause - NHS Choices - July 4th, 2016
- Male menopause: Myth or reality? - Mayo Clinic - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ... - June 9th, 2016
- About Andropause - Masters Men's Clinic - May 14th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Global Healing Center Health Products & Information - May 14th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - ZRT Laboratory - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms - Male Menopause Symptoms - BodyLogicMD - Home Page - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause/Male Menopause - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis ... - April 6th, 2016
- Andropause: Physical and Mental Symptoms and Treatment - April 5th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment| Symptoms | Peptides Australia - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause or male menopause | Manna Health - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment Program Renew Man - September 18th, 2015
- Andropause: When Guys Get 'The Change' | Lisa Turner - September 7th, 2015
- Low T/Andropause - Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health - August 3rd, 2015
- Symptoms Of Andropause (Male Menopause) Renew Man - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause / Male Menopause - Treatment - Medindia - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause (Male Menopause) Treatments - May 11th, 2015
- "TongKat Ali - Great for Andropause" - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Andropause Meaning - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Andropause - Male menopause - Symptoms - Causes ... - April 4th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T CD 2 - Video - March 26th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T - Video - March 26th, 2015
- The Male Menopause: Andropause - Nicole Ortiz, ND - Video - March 25th, 2015
- How Hucksters Are Profiting Off of Testosterone and Growth Hormone - March 25th, 2015
- The 10-point guide to the integral management of menopausal health - March 17th, 2015
- Andropause "Low T": #1: High Blood Sugar - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Menopause/Andropause List - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Andropause - Low Testosterone :: Department of Urology - February 23rd, 2015
- Live life! Avoid fatigue - hormonal imbalances - February 21st, 2015
- 3 out of 10 S.Korean men over 40 suffer andropause symptoms / YTN - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Andropause - Manoj Bhawuk - Video - February 11th, 2015
- Tips to ease fatigue - January 22nd, 2015
- Andropause and Prostate Enlargement #15 - Video - January 11th, 2015
- Myth of male Menopause ( Andropause) - Sexologist Dr Vijaya Sarathi Answers - Video - January 5th, 2015
- Andropause | Health | Embarrassing | Channel4.com/bodies - December 29th, 2014
- Aging changes in the male reproductive system: MedlinePlus ... - December 19th, 2014
- How to Pronounce Andropause - Video - December 9th, 2014
- EMAS promotes the study of midlife health through its journal - December 2nd, 2014
- Managing Menopausal Symptoms - Breastcancer.org - December 2nd, 2014
- Bodybuilding.com - My Journey In And Out Of Andropause! - November 19th, 2014
- GENERATION RX PLUS- ANDROPAUSE- ASK THE EXPERTS - Video - November 13th, 2014
- What are hormones and how do they affect me? - November 12th, 2014
- Andropause Depression Symptoms What Are Andropause Depression Symptoms - Video - November 10th, 2014
- Andropause, Late Onset Hypogonadism (LOH), male menopause ... - November 4th, 2014
- Osteopathy and andropause - Video - October 31st, 2014
- MEN HEALTH PROBLEMS - blogspot.com - October 30th, 2014
- Menopause | Andropause Workshop Preview - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Andropause: Dealing With Male Menopause - blogspot.com - October 28th, 2014
- What is Male Menopause - Healthline - October 28th, 2014
- Male Menopause: Get Facts about Symptoms and Treatments - October 28th, 2014
- The Male Andropause - Schachter Center for Complementary ... - October 28th, 2014
- Health Column: Anti-aging strategies - October 23rd, 2014
- Herbs For Andropause - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Dr. Farnesi explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Healthy Trinbago - Andropause - Video - October 3rd, 2014
- Find Out What Makes Sex Amazing Instead of So-So in this New Book by Sexual Medicine Scientist, Dr. E - October 3rd, 2014
- Hormone fluctuation affects men, too - October 1st, 2014
- Do you have male menopause? - September 23rd, 2014
- Tired? Not interested in sex? Mister, you might be in andropause - September 18th, 2014
- Elsevier journal Maturitas publishes position statement on breast cancer screening - September 17th, 2014
- Dr. Reese explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Study Questions Longtime Treatment for Prostate Cancer - September 12th, 2014
- Menopause in Men (a.k.a. Andropause) - Fact or Fiction - Video - September 6th, 2014
- Menopause For Men - Check Out wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Eliminate Andropause - Video - August 31st, 2014
- What are the symptoms of andropause? - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Andropause and Depression - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Symptoms of Male Menopause - Check Out wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Treat Andropause - Video - August 28th, 2014
- Male Hot Flashes - Check Out wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Solve Andropause - Video - August 23rd, 2014
Word Count: 1216