Testosterone Replacement Therapy is a highly effective hormone treatment designed to restore Testosterone Levels in patients suffering from Low-T and Andropause. One issue with Testosterone Treatments as they exist today is that each form of therapy has its own distinct drawbacks. Common forms of treatment involve Testosterone Patches, Testosterone Gels, Testosterone Implants, and Testosterone Injections
Low-T Patch Drawbacks – Transdermal Patches have to adhere to the skin 22-24 hours per day. Some people don’t like the appearance of these patches, and a small portion of patients develop irritation as a result of the patches. These patches also have issues when submerged in water.
Low-T Gel Drawbacks – Gel and Cream Testosterone come with the risk of transference if someone makes physical contact with the area where the treatment is administered, in the hours following application. These treatments also wash off when exposed to water in the first few hours, reducing the effectiveness of treatment in that case.
Low-T Implant Drawbacks – Testosterone Pellets provide a 3-5 month dose of Testosterone, but must be surgically implanted in an outpatient procedure. Furthermore, there is a small risk of infection and a slightly more significant risk that the pellets will dislodge from the implantation site.
Low-T Injection Drawbacks – Testosterone Injections provide a Testosterone Dose which lasts from three days to three weeks, but many people have issues with needle anxiety, and Injectable Testosterone takes the most special care to administer.
Because of these drawbacks, and the millions of patients nationwide and worldwide that can benefit from Low-T Therapy, pharmaceutical companies are coming up with new and inventive ways to administer Bio-Identical Testosterone. One of the latest of these is Natesto, which is a Low-T treatment designed to be delivered to the inside of the nostril. The skin inside the nose is thin and readily absorbs the medication, and the area is incredibly resistant to transference. The idea behind applying the drug to the nostril is similar to medications like Axiron, which are designed to be delivered to the armpit—by providing medication to an area which is difficult to make contact with by accident, it reduces the risk of transference.
As of December 2014, Natesto is owned by Endo Pharmaceuticals and was developed by Trimel Pharmaceuticals. The rights to Natesto were sold by Trimel for a total of twenty-five million dollars, with potential future revenues. Natesto has been under FDA Testing and finally met FDA approval in May of the same year. The product should be available to patients for prescription in the spring of 2015.
What is Natesto Used For?
Natesto is intended for the treatment of Testosterone Deficiency, Andropause, and Low-T. Patients with abnormally low Testosterone Levels can use Natesto to Boost Testosterone Levels to normal levels associated with health and vitality. The treatment can be used for both Primary and Secondary Testosterone Deficiency.
Who Should Not Use Natesto?
Natesto is not intended for women with Low-T, because Natesto is concentrated at a dose much higher than women need. Natesto may be available in the future for the treatment of Pediatric Testosterone Deficiency, but there has not been sufficient clinical study conducted on Natesto for it to be approved for use by boys with Testosterone Deficiency.
How Does Natesto Work?
Natesto is intended to be applied inside the nostrils three times daily. The Low-T Treatment is delivered in a canister with a pump-action. Each time the pump is pressed, it delivers half of the necessary dose. It takes two pumps to deliver an entire dose of Natesto Testosterone, a pump for each nostril. Each pump provides 5.5 milligrams of Bio-Identical Hormone Treatment, and each tri-daily dose provides 11 milligrams of treatment, meaning that the patient receives 33 milligrams of Testosterone each day.
What Men Should Avoid Natesto Low-T Nasal Therapy?
Men that have prostate cancer should avoid Testosterone Therapy because there is evidence that Testosterone Treatments exacerbate existing tumors. Patients with breast cancer should also avoid taking Natesto Andropause Treatment because it can potentially worsen breast cancer through its conversion into Estrogen.
Side Effects That May Occur as a Result of Natesto Treatment
- Low-T Therapy can lead to or exacerbate sleep apnea in at-risk patients.
- Patients with liver, kidney, or heart disease may experience edema.
- If Natesto is used externally, it can potentially lead to a wholly suppressed sperm count.
- There is some evidence that suggests that patients using Low-T products such as Natesto may be at an increased risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis or Venous Thromboembolism.
- Testosterone Treatments can increase PSA Counts, but there is no evidence that this has any adverse health effects. Because of this symptom, be sure to be evaluated for Prostate Cancer before starting treatment.
Common Reactions to Natesto
The following are symptoms that were experienced while Natesto was being evaluated by the FDA, all of which occurred in more than three percent of patients:
- Nasal Scabbing
- Sinus Infection
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Discomfort in Natesto Application
- Stuffy nose
- A headache
- Increased PSA Count
Who Should I Talk to if I am Interested in Testosterone Therapy?
Natesto will be available to patients shortly, but there are lots of awesome Low-T Treatments available to you today. We listed the drawbacks of various forms of Testosterone Treatment at the start of the article, but none of these drawbacks are so dominant that they should lead you not to consider treatment if you can benefit. Testosterone HRT is a fantastic option for patients looking to restore their Testosterone Production to a healthy level, and want to improve their health and quality of life in the face of Andropause and Low-T.
If you are interested in Low-T Treatment, or any other form of Hormone Treatment, we encourage you to contact our clinic. We have specialists standing by that can discuss HRT Options with you and help you decide if you’d like to set up an appointment with a physician in your area that can get you started. If diagnostic testing shows that you can benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy, we can deliver HRT Products directly to your address so you can begin treatment as soon as possible!
Contact Us Now
- Five Ways to Manage Cholesterol Without Medication - August 27th, 2018
- Six Surprising Low-T Signs - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- What is Andropause - July 25th, 2018
- Hypogonadism Guide - July 25th, 2018
- Clomiphene Citrate for Testosterone Deficiency - July 13th, 2018
- Low-T Therapy for Andropause — Treating Male Menopause - July 12th, 2018
- Got Andropause? Male Renewal With Androgen Testosterone Treatment for Men - August 17th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Renew Youth - August 14th, 2016
- Andropause - July 21st, 2016
- Male menopause - NHS Choices - July 4th, 2016
- Male menopause: Myth or reality? - Mayo Clinic - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - zrtlab.com - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ... - June 9th, 2016
- About Andropause - Masters Men's Clinic - May 14th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Global Healing Center Health Products & Information - May 14th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - ZRT Laboratory - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms - Male Menopause Symptoms - BodyLogicMD - Home Page - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause/Male Menopause - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis ... - April 6th, 2016
- Andropause: Physical and Mental Symptoms and Treatment - April 5th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment| Symptoms | Peptides Australia - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause or male menopause | Manna Health - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment Program Renew Man - September 18th, 2015
- Andropause: When Guys Get 'The Change' | Lisa Turner - September 7th, 2015
- Low T/Andropause - Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health - August 3rd, 2015
- Symptoms Of Andropause (Male Menopause) Renew Man - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause / Male Menopause - Treatment - Medindia - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause (Male Menopause) Treatments - May 11th, 2015
- "TongKat Ali - Great for Andropause" - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Andropause Meaning - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Andropause - Male menopause - Symptoms - Causes ... - April 4th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T CD 2 - Video - March 26th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T - Video - March 26th, 2015
- The Male Menopause: Andropause - Nicole Ortiz, ND - Video - March 25th, 2015
- How Hucksters Are Profiting Off of Testosterone and Growth Hormone - March 25th, 2015
- The 10-point guide to the integral management of menopausal health - March 17th, 2015
- Andropause "Low T": #1: High Blood Sugar - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Menopause/Andropause List - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Andropause - Low Testosterone :: Department of Urology - February 23rd, 2015
- Live life! Avoid fatigue - hormonal imbalances - February 21st, 2015
- 3 out of 10 S.Korean men over 40 suffer andropause symptoms / YTN - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Andropause - Manoj Bhawuk - Video - February 11th, 2015
- Tips to ease fatigue - January 22nd, 2015
- Andropause and Prostate Enlargement #15 - Video - January 11th, 2015
- Prostate - Masters Men's Clinic For Andropause (Male ... - January 11th, 2015
- Myth of male Menopause ( Andropause) - Sexologist Dr Vijaya Sarathi Answers - Video - January 5th, 2015
- Andropause | Health | Embarrassing | Channel4.com/bodies - December 29th, 2014
- Aging changes in the male reproductive system: MedlinePlus ... - December 19th, 2014
- How to Pronounce Andropause - Video - December 9th, 2014
- EMAS promotes the study of midlife health through its journal - December 2nd, 2014
- Managing Menopausal Symptoms - Breastcancer.org - December 2nd, 2014
- Bodybuilding.com - My Journey In And Out Of Andropause! - November 19th, 2014
- GENERATION RX PLUS- ANDROPAUSE- ASK THE EXPERTS - Video - November 13th, 2014
- What are hormones and how do they affect me? - November 12th, 2014
- Andropause Depression Symptoms What Are Andropause Depression Symptoms - Video - November 10th, 2014
- Andropause, Late Onset Hypogonadism (LOH), male menopause ... - November 4th, 2014
- Osteopathy and andropause - Video - October 31st, 2014
- MEN HEALTH PROBLEMS - blogspot.com - October 30th, 2014
- Menopause | Andropause Workshop Preview - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Andropause: Dealing With Male Menopause - blogspot.com - October 28th, 2014
- What is Male Menopause - Healthline - October 28th, 2014
- Male Menopause: Get Facts about Symptoms and Treatments - October 28th, 2014
- The Male Andropause - Schachter Center for Complementary ... - October 28th, 2014
- Health Column: Anti-aging strategies - October 23rd, 2014
- Herbs For Andropause - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Dr. Farnesi explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Healthy Trinbago - Andropause - Video - October 3rd, 2014
- Find Out What Makes Sex Amazing Instead of So-So in this New Book by Sexual Medicine Scientist, Dr. E - October 3rd, 2014
- Hormone fluctuation affects men, too - October 1st, 2014
- Do you have male menopause? - September 23rd, 2014
- Tired? Not interested in sex? Mister, you might be in andropause - September 18th, 2014
- Elsevier journal Maturitas publishes position statement on breast cancer screening - September 17th, 2014
- Dr. Reese explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Study Questions Longtime Treatment for Prostate Cancer - September 12th, 2014
- Menopause in Men (a.k.a. Andropause) - Fact or Fiction - Video - September 6th, 2014
- Menopause For Men - Check Out wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Eliminate Andropause - Video - August 31st, 2014
- What are the symptoms of andropause? - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Low T Symptoms - Visit wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Solve Andropause - Video - August 31st, 2014
- Symptoms of Low Testosterone In Men - Visit wwwAndropauseGuide dot com To Treat Andropause - Video - August 30th, 2014