Testosterone Deficiency has a big impact on male health, and, like most hormonal deficiencies, Low-T leads to a full spectrum of related symptoms. Among the most well-known signs of Testosterone Deficiency are low sex drive, fatigue, and depression. These aren’t the only symptoms, however, and knowing a greater range of symptoms can help you recognize your need for treatment more quickly. Andropause not only affects sex, energy levels, and psychological well-being, but it can also impacts body fat distribution, cognitive health, cardiovascular health, and the strength of your bones.
If you feel that Testosterone Deficiency may be suppressing your ability to live and enjoy your life, it is simple and easy to get tested for Low-T. A physical and blood test provide all of the information needed to assess your Testosterone Levels. Let’s discuss some of the less well-recognized symptoms of Low-T.
Testosterone Deficiency Saps Bone Density
One of the most insidious symptoms of Low-T is that it reduces your bone mineral density, putting you more at risk for Osteoporosis, bone fractures, and breaks. Less Testosterone leads directly to weaker bones. The scary thing about this is that Osteoporosis isn’t easily diagnosed until you actually break a bone.
Studies have shown that Testosterone Replacement Therapy can reduce the risks associated with Osteoporosis, giving you stronger and healthier bones. In one study, published in the American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, doctors provided a 12-month regimen of Bio-Identical Low-T Treatment to males sixty years and older with Low-T. After a year of treatment, the men were found to have stronger bones, including in the two areas that put men most at risk — the hip bone and the bones of the lower spine.
Researchers are just beginning to understand how Testosterone interacts with the human bone structure. It appears that Testosterone encourages a process known as Bone Remodelling, in which structures known as osteoblasts take minerals and cycle them back into healthy bone.
Testosterone, Stroke, and Heart Attack
There has been a lot of debate regarding how Testosterone Therapy affects cardiovascular health and impacts the risk of myocardial infarctions and stroke. A huge study released in 2015 showed that there were no significant negative effects associated with Testosterone Treatment as related to the heart, and that Testosterone Replacement may actually reduce the risk of many dangerous cardiovascular events.
Men with Low-T are more likely to experience heart attack, stroke, and other heart-related health issues. A survey of medical literature released in Andrology in fall of 2014 analyzed data from a decade of over fifty studies, and found that Low-T was strongly associated with early mortality and heart-related health issues.
Testosterone, Numbness, and Nerve Damage
Low Testosterone Levels, and conditions related to Low-T such as chronic pain and diabetes, are associated with peripheral nerve damage. Many other conditions and events can lead to nerve damage, including physical trauma and cancer treatment. There is growing evidence that Testosterone Replacement Therapy with Creams, Gels, or Injections can alleviate symptoms associated with nerve pain and nerve damage and may even encourage the healing process. Men with Diabetes in particular have been found to benefit greatly from Andropause/Low-T Treatment.
Testosterone Deficiency and Skin Health
One area which is rarely discussed with regard to Low-T is skin health. Men that have physiologically low levels of Testosterone are more likely to experience problems with existing skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis, and men in general are more likely to experience dry and cracked skin. In a study released by The Journal of Dermatology in 2015, scientists evaluated male patients with psoriasis and organized them based on their Testosterone Levels. They discovered that males that suffered from psoriasis were more likely to have suppressed Testosterone Levels than men with adequate or naturally high Testosterone Levels. This could be because health issues related to inflammation generally lead to increased cortisol production, which encourages Estrogen production and suppresses Testosterone Levels.
Testosterone Deficiency, Obesity, and Weight Loss Struggles
There is a powerful connection between obesity and Testosterone Deficiency. This is also true for patients that are simply overweight. It is believed that Low-T naturally encourages the body to preserve body mass, and it is also true that putting on the pounds inhibits your body’s ability to maintain homeostatic Testosterone Levels. Adipose fat cells are the male body’s primary means to produce Estrogen. This means that men that are overweight produce too much Estrogen, which suppresses Testosterone Levels and encourages further weight gain.
Males that have tried exercise and diet but have found little benefit in spite of their best efforts would be smart to get their Testosterone Levels checked, because Low-T could be what is preventing them from dropping the pounds.
One particular study released by Obesity Research and Clinical Practice in summer of 2014 followed 181 men that were significantly overweight. While taking Low-T Treatment, these males lost an average of 47 pounds. Testosterone HRT also benefitted the patients in other ways—It improved their cholesterol profile, reduced blood pressure, and normalized blood sugar. Testosterone may not only help men lose weight, but protect them from diabetes and insulin resistance as well.
Testosterone, Cognitive Capacity, and Memory
One recently analyzed issue related to Low-T is cognitive insufficiency. There is growing evidence that Low Testosterone Levels are related to inhibited cognitive ability and mental fogginess. Furthermore, Testosterone Therapy appears to ameliorate cognitive issues related to Low-T, which may even relate to Alzheimer’s, though much more research will need to be done.
Researchers released data analysis in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism regarding aging men that took part in the Concord Health and Ageing in Men Project. They discovered that men with Less Testosterone were more likely to experience memory issues than their peers. There is also evidence that Low-T can inhibit hand-eye coordination, based on data from Supportive Care in Cancer, August 2014. Men with prostate cancer take drugs to greatly suppress Testosterone Production, and while their T-Levels were down, visual-motor coordination was found to be significantly lower than it was prior to treatment.
Testosterone Deficiency is a complex and multifaceted disorder. If you feel that Low-T may be impacting your health and wellness, reach out to a medical professional for blood testing and evaluation. Testosterone Replacement Therapy may be able to seriously change your life.
Contact Us Now
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- What is Andropause - July 25th, 2018
- Hypogonadism Guide - July 25th, 2018
- Clomiphene Citrate for Testosterone Deficiency - July 13th, 2018
- Low-T Therapy for Andropause — Treating Male Menopause - July 12th, 2018
- Got Andropause? Male Renewal With Androgen Testosterone Treatment for Men - August 17th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Renew Youth - August 14th, 2016
- Andropause - July 21st, 2016
- Male menopause - NHS Choices - July 4th, 2016
- Male menopause: Myth or reality? - Mayo Clinic - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - zrtlab.com - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ... - June 9th, 2016
- About Andropause - Masters Men's Clinic - May 14th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Global Healing Center Health Products & Information - May 14th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - ZRT Laboratory - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms - Male Menopause Symptoms - BodyLogicMD - Home Page - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause/Male Menopause - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis ... - April 6th, 2016
- Andropause: Physical and Mental Symptoms and Treatment - April 5th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment| Symptoms | Peptides Australia - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause or male menopause | Manna Health - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment Program Renew Man - September 18th, 2015
- Andropause: When Guys Get 'The Change' | Lisa Turner - September 7th, 2015
- Low T/Andropause - Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health - August 3rd, 2015
- Symptoms Of Andropause (Male Menopause) Renew Man - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause / Male Menopause - Treatment - Medindia - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause (Male Menopause) Treatments - May 11th, 2015
- "TongKat Ali - Great for Andropause" - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Andropause Meaning - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Andropause - Male menopause - Symptoms - Causes ... - April 4th, 2015
- Five Ways to Manage Cholesterol without Medication - April 3rd, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T CD 2 - Video - March 26th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T - Video - March 26th, 2015
- The Male Menopause: Andropause - Nicole Ortiz, ND - Video - March 25th, 2015
- How Hucksters Are Profiting Off of Testosterone and Growth Hormone - March 25th, 2015
- 112 L'andropause suite... - Video - March 19th, 2015
- 111 L'andropause - Video - March 19th, 2015
- FAMILY FUSION: Single parents, value teens (I) - March 18th, 2015
- The 10-point guide to the integral management of menopausal health - March 17th, 2015
- Andropause "Low T": #1: High Blood Sugar - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Menopause/Andropause List - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Andropause - Low Testosterone :: Department of Urology - February 23rd, 2015
- Live life! Avoid fatigue - hormonal imbalances - February 21st, 2015
- 3 out of 10 S.Korean men over 40 suffer andropause symptoms / YTN - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Andropause - Manoj Bhawuk - Video - February 11th, 2015
- Tips to ease fatigue - January 22nd, 2015
- Andropause and Prostate Enlargement #15 - Video - January 11th, 2015
- Prostate - Masters Men's Clinic For Andropause (Male ... - January 11th, 2015
- Myth of male Menopause ( Andropause) - Sexologist Dr Vijaya Sarathi Answers - Video - January 5th, 2015
- Andropause | Health | Embarrassing | Channel4.com/bodies - December 29th, 2014
- Aging changes in the male reproductive system: MedlinePlus ... - December 19th, 2014
- Natesto Testosterone Nasal Gel Therapy on the Horizon - December 12th, 2014
- How to Pronounce Andropause - Video - December 9th, 2014
- EMAS promotes the study of midlife health through its journal - December 2nd, 2014
- Managing Menopausal Symptoms - Breastcancer.org - December 2nd, 2014
- Bodybuilding.com - My Journey In And Out Of Andropause! - November 19th, 2014
- GENERATION RX PLUS- ANDROPAUSE- ASK THE EXPERTS - Video - November 13th, 2014
- What are hormones and how do they affect me? - November 12th, 2014
- Andropause Depression Symptoms What Are Andropause Depression Symptoms - Video - November 10th, 2014
- Andropause, Late Onset Hypogonadism (LOH), male menopause ... - November 4th, 2014
- Osteopathie et andropause - Video - November 1st, 2014
- Osteopathy and andropause - Video - October 31st, 2014
- MEN HEALTH PROBLEMS - blogspot.com - October 30th, 2014
- Menopause | Andropause Workshop Preview - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Andropause: Dealing With Male Menopause - blogspot.com - October 28th, 2014
- What is Male Menopause - Healthline - October 28th, 2014
- Male Menopause: Get Facts about Symptoms and Treatments - October 28th, 2014
- The Male Andropause - Schachter Center for Complementary ... - October 28th, 2014
- Health Column: Anti-aging strategies - October 23rd, 2014
- Herbs For Andropause - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Dr. Farnesi explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Healthy Trinbago - Andropause - Video - October 3rd, 2014
- Find Out What Makes Sex Amazing Instead of So-So in this New Book by Sexual Medicine Scientist, Dr. E - October 3rd, 2014
- Hormone fluctuation affects men, too - October 1st, 2014
- Do you have male menopause? - September 23rd, 2014
- Tired? Not interested in sex? Mister, you might be in andropause - September 18th, 2014
- Elsevier journal Maturitas publishes position statement on breast cancer screening - September 17th, 2014
- Dr. Reese explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Study Questions Longtime Treatment for Prostate Cancer - September 12th, 2014
- Menopause in Men (a.k.a. Andropause) - Fact or Fiction - Video - September 6th, 2014