Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause
Testosterone Creams are just one of the many effective forms of Testosterone Replacement Therapy available for the treatment of Andropause, and Low T. It is one of the most popular ways to administer this medication. Testosterone Creams are topical medications that are applied to the skin and absorbed directly into the body. A fancy term for the delivery of testosterone using cream via the skin is transdermal. There are a number of Testosterone cream and gel brands available, including Testim, Fortesta, Axiron, and Androgel. Each of these products have their own level of potency.
Testosterone Gels and Cream
Like all forms of Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy, the goal of Testosterone Creams and Gels is to restore normal and healthy Testosterone Levels for men whose bodies no longer produce enough of the vital hormone. And moreover, this transdermal method of replenishing testosterone in men and women is smoother and more steady, verses the weekly or bi-weekly injection protocol that is most commonly prescribed by endrocrinologists.
Low-T Creams are administered once-daily, and provide a day’s worth of Testosterone. They are quickly absorbed into the skin in a matter of minutes. Just wake up, take a good shower, massage the medication into the skin, wash your hands thoroughly, get dressed, and get on with your day. If you apply the cream to your forearms and massage it in with your other forearm, you dont have to worry about washing your hands as meticulously.
What are the Advantages of Testosterone Creams over Testosterone Injections?
All forms of Testosterone Therapy provide the same great benefits, so it is largely up to the preference of the patient regarding which form of treatment that is ideal. Here are a couple of reasons why a patient would choose Testosterone Creams or Gels over Testosterone Injections:
Testosterone Creams don’t require an injection. This makes it easier to stick with the therapy for many patients, especially those that get nervous around needles! Also, all you have to keep up with is a single bottle of treatment, rather than having to keep a supply of syringes and needles. The cream / gel method actually put testosterone in your body at a less of a cycle swing, and is much more steady in its approach of treating adrogen deficiency syndrome, hypogonadism, andropause or low t.
Testosterone Creams provide a steady supply of Testosterone daily. Low-T Injections (like Testosterone Cypionate) are generally administered once every week to ten days, meaning that Testosterone Levels are more variable over time. Testosterone cypionate has a 4 to 7 day half life, and thus your levels peak at day 2 and 3, then followed by a valley. Testosterone Creams are generally considered the best way to keep Testosterone Concentrations in the blood stream optimally stable. In other words the testosterone levels in your body are much more steady with the cream and gel approach, as approached to dramatic swings.
What are the Disadvantages of Testosterone Creams vs. Injections?
Some people do prefer Bio-Identical Testosterone Injections over Low-T Creams and Gels, however. Some people, for example, like that Injectable Testosterone is available in short or long-lasting formulations, such as testosterone propionate, testosterone enanthate and testosterone cypionate. With testosterone cypionate, it requires only administering one or two injections per week and thus makes it easier to just take advantage of the benefits of Testosterone without having to worry about remembering to apply their dose every day.
Low-T Injections are also cheaper than Testosterone Creams, because they have been around longer. Even when considering the cost of Injection Supplies, Testosterone Injections are still cheaper and easier to manage, even though they require more supplies such as alcohol swabs, sharps container, and injection syringes.
The Inadvertent Risks of Testosterone Transmission
Testosterone Creams also carry a risk of transmission. Low Testosterone treatment Creams and Gel residue must remain on the skin for a couple of hours before being washed off in order for the treatment to be maximally safe if those areas should need to come in contact with someone else like a spouse for instance. As such, it’s important to keep the treated area covered, as not to accidentally expose loved ones to the treatment.
Low-T Creams Vs. Testosterone Patches
Testosterone Creams and Testosterone Patches share many similarities. They both provide Testosterone via the same mechanism of topical absorption. The difference, however, is that Testosterone Creams deliver the entire dose of medication to the blood stream more quickly. Patches must remain on the skin for 22-24 hours before being removed and replaced. Some patches remain on the body for a longer time if one forgets about them being there.
Many people don’t like the idea of wearing a testosterone patch around all day and prefer Testosterone Creams. Other people like to take advantage of the fact that Testosterone Patches are more water-proof, so that they don’t have to worry about diminishing the effectiveness of treatment by sweating too hard, swimming, or showering. There is also a lower chance of testosterone transmission with the Low T patch.
Testosterone Products Cream and Gel Brands
Fortesta is a topical gel Testosterone produced by Endo Pharmaceuticals. Fortesta contains 2% Testosterone, and is designed to be applied to the inner and front thighs. It is strong enough so that it only takes a small amount of the gel to provide the full benefits of therapy. It is absorbed very quickly, in less than three minutes. Gel Testosterone absorbs into the skin more quickly than Cream Testosterone. Fortesta is colorless, clear, and odorless.
Fortesta comes in a small container with a trigger which dispenses Testosterone. With two pumps, the container provides a consistent 20 milligrams of Testosterone, and every bottle holds a number of doses.
Testim is a Topical Testosterone Gel produced by Auxilium Pharmaceuticals and distributed in generic form by Prasco Laboratories. Testim is notable for being the first Low-T Cream or Gel available on the generic market. Both the Generic and Brand Name forms of the product are the same formulation and provide the same great benefits. Testim Testosterone is designed to be massaged into the upper arms and shoulders.
Like Fortesta, Testim is odorless, clear, and colorless. When starting Testim, the initial dosage is 50 milligrams per day and each dose comes in its own container, making it easy to deliver the same, consistent dosage on a daily basis. If 50 milligrams does not provide the ideal Testosterone Levels, the dose can be increased to 100 milligrams delivered from two containers. Testim is a 1% concentrated form of Topical Testosterone.
Axiron is a Topical Low-T Gel manufactured and distributed by Eli Lilly for the Treatment of Low-T. Unlike Testim and Fortesta, Axiron is applied using an applicator, making it less messy than others that applied directly with the hand. Axiron absorbs into the skin in just a few minutes, similar to other Testosterone Gels. Axiron is designed to be delivered directly to the armpits. The simultaneous use of both Axiron and Deodorant is not an issue, just wait a few minutes after applying deodorant before applying the Low-T treatment.
Androgel is a Testosterone Therapy Gel produced by AbbVie for the treatment of Andropause and Testosterone Deficiency. Androgel is available in two concentrations: 1% Testosterone and 1.62% Testosterone. Androgel 1% is designed to be applied to the upper arms or stomach, whereas Testosterone 1% is intended solely for the upper arms. The 1.62% Testosterone provides the same amount of Testosterone with a smaller applied dose. Four pumps of Androgel 1.62% provides 81 milligrams of Testosterone, whereas four pumps of Androgel 1% only provides 50 Milligrams.
Testosterone Cream Considerations
It is important to remember that exposure to water in the hours after applying Testosterone Cream can impact absorption rate. Every form of Testosterone has its own considerations that need to be taken into account.
Always cover the area of the body that you apply Testosterone Cream to, until you’ve had the opportunity to wash the area.
Keep an eye out for Testosterone symptoms and Side-Effects. Testosterone Creams are safe and have few major side effects, but no form of medical treatment is perfectly safe.
Only use Testosterone Creams with the prescription of a licensed and board-certified medical professional.
Never switch brands of Testosterone without discussing the change with your doctor. Every Testosterone formulation has its own strength and own intended dosage based upon the area where the medication is applied, and other factors.
Contact Us Now
- Six Surprising Low-T Signs - August 2nd, 2018
- What is Andropause - July 25th, 2018
- Hypogonadism Guide - July 25th, 2018
- Clomiphene Citrate for Testosterone Deficiency - July 13th, 2018
- Low-T Therapy for Andropause — Treating Male Menopause - July 12th, 2018
- Got Andropause? Male Renewal With Androgen Testosterone Treatment for Men - August 17th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Renew Youth - August 14th, 2016
- Andropause - July 21st, 2016
- Male menopause - NHS Choices - July 4th, 2016
- Male menopause: Myth or reality? - Mayo Clinic - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - zrtlab.com - July 4th, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatments and Causes ... - June 9th, 2016
- About Andropause - Masters Men's Clinic - May 14th, 2016
- What is Andropause? - Global Healing Center Health Products & Information - May 14th, 2016
- Andropause (Male Menopause) - ZRT Laboratory - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause Symptoms - Male Menopause Symptoms - BodyLogicMD - Home Page - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause/Male Menopause - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 21st, 2016
- Andropause - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis ... - April 6th, 2016
- Andropause: Physical and Mental Symptoms and Treatment - April 5th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment| Symptoms | Peptides Australia - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause or male menopause | Manna Health - April 4th, 2016
- Andropause Treatment Program Renew Man - September 18th, 2015
- Andropause: When Guys Get 'The Change' | Lisa Turner - September 7th, 2015
- Low T/Andropause - Maze Men's Sexual & Reproductive Health - August 3rd, 2015
- Symptoms Of Andropause (Male Menopause) Renew Man - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause / Male Menopause - Treatment - Medindia - July 13th, 2015
- Andropause (Male Menopause) Treatments - May 11th, 2015
- "TongKat Ali - Great for Andropause" - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Andropause Meaning - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Andropause - Male menopause - Symptoms - Causes ... - April 4th, 2015
- Five Ways to Manage Cholesterol without Medication - April 3rd, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T CD 2 - Video - March 26th, 2015
- Menopause Dr Dewi Gaduh and Andropause Dr Ridwan T - Video - March 26th, 2015
- The Male Menopause: Andropause - Nicole Ortiz, ND - Video - March 25th, 2015
- How Hucksters Are Profiting Off of Testosterone and Growth Hormone - March 25th, 2015
- 112 L'andropause suite... - Video - March 19th, 2015
- 111 L'andropause - Video - March 19th, 2015
- FAMILY FUSION: Single parents, value teens (I) - March 18th, 2015
- The 10-point guide to the integral management of menopausal health - March 17th, 2015
- Andropause "Low T": #1: High Blood Sugar - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Menopause/Andropause List - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Andropause - Low Testosterone :: Department of Urology - February 23rd, 2015
- Live life! Avoid fatigue - hormonal imbalances - February 21st, 2015
- 3 out of 10 S.Korean men over 40 suffer andropause symptoms / YTN - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Andropause - Manoj Bhawuk - Video - February 11th, 2015
- Tips to ease fatigue - January 22nd, 2015
- Andropause and Prostate Enlargement #15 - Video - January 11th, 2015
- Prostate - Masters Men's Clinic For Andropause (Male ... - January 11th, 2015
- Myth of male Menopause ( Andropause) - Sexologist Dr Vijaya Sarathi Answers - Video - January 5th, 2015
- Andropause | Health | Embarrassing | Channel4.com/bodies - December 29th, 2014
- Aging changes in the male reproductive system: MedlinePlus ... - December 19th, 2014
- Natesto Testosterone Nasal Gel Therapy on the Horizon - December 12th, 2014
- How to Pronounce Andropause - Video - December 9th, 2014
- EMAS promotes the study of midlife health through its journal - December 2nd, 2014
- Managing Menopausal Symptoms - Breastcancer.org - December 2nd, 2014
- Bodybuilding.com - My Journey In And Out Of Andropause! - November 19th, 2014
- GENERATION RX PLUS- ANDROPAUSE- ASK THE EXPERTS - Video - November 13th, 2014
- What are hormones and how do they affect me? - November 12th, 2014
- Andropause Depression Symptoms What Are Andropause Depression Symptoms - Video - November 10th, 2014
- Andropause, Late Onset Hypogonadism (LOH), male menopause ... - November 4th, 2014
- Osteopathie et andropause - Video - November 1st, 2014
- Osteopathy and andropause - Video - October 31st, 2014
- MEN HEALTH PROBLEMS - blogspot.com - October 30th, 2014
- Menopause | Andropause Workshop Preview - Video - October 30th, 2014
- Andropause: Dealing With Male Menopause - blogspot.com - October 28th, 2014
- What is Male Menopause - Healthline - October 28th, 2014
- Male Menopause: Get Facts about Symptoms and Treatments - October 28th, 2014
- The Male Andropause - Schachter Center for Complementary ... - October 28th, 2014
- Health Column: Anti-aging strategies - October 23rd, 2014
- Herbs For Andropause - Video - October 21st, 2014
- Dr. Farnesi explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - October 18th, 2014
- Healthy Trinbago - Andropause - Video - October 3rd, 2014
- Find Out What Makes Sex Amazing Instead of So-So in this New Book by Sexual Medicine Scientist, Dr. E - October 3rd, 2014
- Hormone fluctuation affects men, too - October 1st, 2014
- Do you have male menopause? - September 23rd, 2014
- Tired? Not interested in sex? Mister, you might be in andropause - September 18th, 2014
- Elsevier journal Maturitas publishes position statement on breast cancer screening - September 17th, 2014
- Dr. Reese explains that men also go through Menopause. Its called Andropause. - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Study Questions Longtime Treatment for Prostate Cancer - September 12th, 2014
- Menopause in Men (a.k.a. Andropause) - Fact or Fiction - Video - September 6th, 2014