Browse Articles & Videos By Category
Since 2005, James Rutter has worked as a freelance journalist for print and Internet publications, including the News of Delaware County, Main Line Times and Broad Street Review. As a former chemist, college professor and competitive weightlifter, he writes about science, education and exercise. Rutter earned a B.A. in philosophy and biology from Albright College and studied philosophy and cognitive science at Temple University.
Doctors administer injections of synthetic versions of the natural hormone testosterone to treat low production of testosterone. These injections are not appropriate for patients with certain pre-existing medical conditions and may cause a number of detrimental side effects and complications.
Testosterone occurs naturally in mammals and is produced in the testes of males, also the site of sperm production; in much smaller amounts by female ovaries; and by the adrenal glands of both sexes. Testosterone causes both anabolic, tissue building, and androgenic, masculinizing, effects. By binding to the androgen receptors in muscle tissues, testosterone promotes muscle growth and bone density. In pubertal males, testosterone causes the development of male sexual characteristics, including a deepened voice and facial hair.
Pharmaceutical companies offer a number of synthetic versions of testosterone that differ from the natural hormone only by modifications that extend the drug's effects. Injectable versions include testosterone cypionate and testosterone enanthate.
Testosterone injections are prescribed for use in men suffering from hypogonadism, a condition in which the body does not produce enough of the hormone naturally. Hypogonadism can result from congenital conditions (such as Klinefelter's syndrome), injuries or trauma to the hypothalamus or pituitary, chemotherapy or diseases such as alcoholism, hepatitis, diabetes and syphilis.
Doctors may also prescribe testosterone to men as part of a regimen of hormone-replacement therapy. After age 25, a man's natural production of testosterone declines at a rate of about 2 percent yearly, and testosterone injections can help supplement this age-related deficit.
Hypogonadism can cause men to experience a decrease in muscle mass and bone density, loss of energy, decreased libido, difficulty remembering and concentrating, fatigue, erectile dysfunction and a decline in overall mental health and well-being. Doctors use injectable testosterone during hormone-replacement therapy to alleviate or reverse these effects and improve the quality of life in men as they age.
According to Tulane University Medical Center's Dr. Wayne Hellstrom, testosterone administration should try to replicate an individual's natural production of testosterone, and the dosage for injectable testosterone can range from 200 to 300 mg, every two or three weeks.
Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow eHow | How to
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Testosterone: The Key to Male Longevity! - January 20th, 2022
- How Testosterone Benefits Your Life - January 17th, 2022
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Men's Hormonal Health - May 21st, 2021
- Testosterone Therapy Can Help Men With Risk of Heart Failure - February 5th, 2021
- Testosterone Injection Replacement Therapy for Low-T - November 17th, 2020
- Treatment for male menopause - October 19th, 2020
- Learning About Testosterone: Testosterone Esters - August 13th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections For Women: Benefits & Side Effects - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone Injections - Testosterone Injections for Men - April 30th, 2016
- Treatment for Hypogonadism with Testosterone Injections - October 21st, 2015
- Risk of Testosterone Injections | eHow - October 14th, 2015
- Testosterone Injections - Elite Men's Guide - September 11th, 2015
- testosterone injections withdrawal - Men's Health - MedHelp - May 28th, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Proper Injection and Dosing ... - May 13th, 2015
- Happy Mondays Star Shaun Ryder Needs Testosterone Injections To Stay Alive - April 9th, 2015
- Testosterone Injection - SteroidAbuse .com - March 23rd, 2015
- Male Testosterone Therapy - Renew Man - February 23rd, 2015
- TESTOSTERONE | Testosterone Injections | Testosterone ... - February 23rd, 2015
- side effects of testosterone injections - Video - January 11th, 2015
- All about Testosterone Injections - 2014's Best 3 ... - December 2nd, 2014
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects & Benefits - October 28th, 2014
- MegaTEST 500 - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Shot Day For Me! - Video - July 13th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections | Get Low Testosterone Therapy at ... - April 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections: Uses, Side Effects & Warnings ... - April 18th, 2014
- Growing pains on testosterone with fibromyalgia. - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Women - Buzzle - January 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 24th, 2014
- Kindergartner gets no money for lost testicles - January 24th, 2014
- Boy who lost testicles during OHSU surgery awarded no money by Portland jury - January 24th, 2014
- Medical board charges Modesto doctor with negligence in weight-loss program - January 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Shots, Side Effects ... - January 19th, 2014
- When You Inject Testosterone Be Aware Of The Possible Mood Swing Side Effects - January 9th, 2014
- Side Effects of Testosterone Injections | eHow - December 24th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Steroid .com - December 19th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Low Testostosterone Treatment ... - November 19th, 2013
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Testosterone Injections ... - November 19th, 2013
- How Intramuscular Testosterone Injections is Done? - Video - November 14th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Low Testostosterone Treatment @ www ... - November 2nd, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Testosterone Injections for Men and Women - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Steroid .com - Anabolic Steroids ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects - Buzzle - October 31st, 2013
- What Are Testosterone Injections? - Video - January 18th, 2013
- the truth about 6 pack abs amazon - Video - December 10th, 2012
- the truth about 6 pack abs ebook - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free free lower ab workouts muscles - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free abs circle pro workout - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free truth about 6 pack abs - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Testosterone Injections: How To Inject Testosterone - Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Military press 90lb dumbbells 40 years old - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Testosterone Roundtable -- Low Testosterone Treatment Options (Part 5) - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Wall Street’s Castration Not Just Metaphorical - February 14th, 2012
Word Count: 420