Testosterone injections aren't generally discussed as a first line treatment option when starting testosterone replacement.
There are many androgen preparations on the market such as; gels (Androgel and Testim), creams, pills (Andriol), pellets and patches.
However the marketing efforts of pharmaceutical companies are quite effective at influencing your doctor's prescribing habits away from the older and more effective (testosterone shots/injections).
What's sad to say... they are all inferior to the much older technology of testosterone injections, IM (intramuscular) when treating hypogonadism.
It's not what you'd generally think is supposed to happen. Isn't medical science supposed to come out with newer and better products?
The thing is... not everyone loves needles. Understandably so.
So in lieu of this, we have many alternatives that have very poor absorption, leading to less efficacy and worse outcomes.
What's the point? Why use a less invasive method if it's barely going to work? There are limited testosterone side effects.
They allow for higher and more stable testosterone levels, and are 5-10 times cheaper!
All the other testosterone formulations are self-limiting in how much testosterone can be absorbed.
They may be enough to get you to the mid range of normal.
For a lot of men, mid range isn't enough to increase energy, libido, and mood to a satisfactory level.
What you want is to be in the high normal range.
Testosterone injection dosages can also be titrated much easier compared to the other formulations.
Most likely your doctor will want to prescribe testosterone gel and testosterone creams like Androgel, Testim, and compounded formulations.
The pharmaceutical companies are marketing these products quite heavily, and as you probably already know, doctors like prescribing the latest "greatest" thing.
With Androgel and Testim you have to worry about transfer to women and children when in close contact.
This is a very unhealthy practice as you can imagine! Not to mention they run around $400 a month USD at the higher dosages! Absorption rates vary from very good, to extremely poor. It's a crap shoot.
Testosterone pills (Andriol) are another new formulation to treat low testosterone levels in men. They have horrendous absorption rates, need to be taken with large amounts of dietary fats, and are quite expensive.
If the absorption rates were higher, Andriol would be probably the top running low T replacement formulation today. Unfortunately, you will most likely only get to the mid range of normal for your blood tests. Hardly good for successful therapy.
Testosterone pellets and the testosterone patch (Androderm and Testoderm) are not used very widely anymore due to their low absorption rates and difficulty of use.
The patches don't tend to stay on very well and tend to develop rashes in a small minority of people. The testosterone pellets have always had poor absorption rates and fell out of favor quite quickly.
I'd highly recommend you talk to your doctor about the advantages of the best testosterone method though injections. It could save you a few months of needless roadblocks, and get you to the greater quality of life and health you've been looking for!
Testosterone Injections for Men - Men's Hormonal Health
Contact Us Now
- Treatment for male menopause - September 17th, 2019
- Testosterone Injection Replacement Therapy for Low T - April 6th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- Learning About Testosterone: Testosterone Esters - July 28th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections For Women: Benefits & Side Effects - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone Injections - Testosterone Injections for Men - April 30th, 2016
- Treatment for Hypogonadism with Testosterone Injections - October 21st, 2015
- Risk of Testosterone Injections | eHow - October 14th, 2015
- Testosterone Injections - Elite Men's Guide - September 11th, 2015
- testosterone injections withdrawal - Men's Health - MedHelp - May 28th, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Proper Injection and Dosing ... - May 13th, 2015
- Happy Mondays Star Shaun Ryder Needs Testosterone Injections To Stay Alive - April 9th, 2015
- Testosterone Injection - SteroidAbuse .com - March 23rd, 2015
- Male Testosterone Therapy - Renew Man - February 23rd, 2015
- TESTOSTERONE | Testosterone Injections | Testosterone ... - February 23rd, 2015
- side effects of testosterone injections - Video - January 11th, 2015
- All about Testosterone Injections - 2014's Best 3 ... - December 2nd, 2014
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects & Benefits - October 28th, 2014
- MegaTEST 500 - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Shot Day For Me! - Video - July 13th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections | Get Low Testosterone Therapy at ... - April 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections: Uses, Side Effects & Warnings ... - April 18th, 2014
- Growing pains on testosterone with fibromyalgia. - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow eHow | How to - April 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Women - Buzzle - January 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 24th, 2014
- Kindergartner gets no money for lost testicles - January 24th, 2014
- Boy who lost testicles during OHSU surgery awarded no money by Portland jury - January 24th, 2014
- Medical board charges Modesto doctor with negligence in weight-loss program - January 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Shots, Side Effects ... - January 19th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects! Inject Testosterone! - January 9th, 2014
- Side Effects of Testosterone Injections | eHow - December 24th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Steroid .com - December 19th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Low Testostosterone Treatment ... - November 19th, 2013
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Testosterone Injections ... - November 19th, 2013
- How Intramuscular Testosterone Injections is Done? - Video - November 14th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Low Testostosterone Treatment @ www ... - November 2nd, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Testosterone Injections for Men and Women - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Steroid .com - Anabolic Steroids ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Shots, Side Effects, Dosage ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects - Buzzle - October 31st, 2013
- What Are Testosterone Injections? - Video - January 18th, 2013
- the truth about 6 pack abs amazon - Video - December 10th, 2012
- the truth about 6 pack abs ebook - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free 6 pack abs exercises - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free free lower ab workouts muscles - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free abs circle pro workout - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free truth about 6 pack abs - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Testosterone Injections: How To Inject Testosterone - Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Military press 90lb dumbbells 40 years old - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Testosterone Roundtable -- Low Testosterone Treatment Options (Part 5) - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Wall Street’s Castration Not Just Metaphorical - February 14th, 2012
- Testosterone Therapy Can Help Men With Heart Failure - April 19th, 2010
Word Count: 522