Testosterone is a steroid hormone found in animals. In humans, it is secreted in the testes of male, ovaries of the females and the adrenal glands. Besides being important for good health, it is responsible for the secondary sexual characteristics like the growth of body hair, deepening of voice and increased muscle and bone mass in men. Although testosterone is present in both men and women, men secrete about ten times as much testosterone as women. While testosterone levels vary from person to person, it is known to decline gradually with age. In such cases, some people resort to replacement therapy in the form of testosterone injections among others. Medically, testosterone injections are used mostly by men and boys to correct the conditions caused because of lower levels of this hormone in their body. It treats conditions like hormonal imbalances, impotence and delayed puberty in boys. It is also oftentimes used to treat breast cancer in women.
Testosterone injections are normally given at low doses as long as needed. The duration of the injection therapy depends on what is being treated or desired as the result. To keep the testosterone levels steady, the medication is usually prescribed once or twice daily. These injections can be administered to nearly any muscle on the body. From the muscles, it quickly enters the bloodstream.
Testosterone injections should never be administered by someone who does not have sufficient experience and knowledge about steroids. Its important that the testosterone levels in the body are monitored by a health care provider on a regular basis. Testosterone injections may have serious side effects if not administered and monitored correctly.
Testosterone injections increase the synthesis of proteins in muscles which in turn allows the muscle fiber to grow and repair faster than in an average man. Athletes use it to improve performance because it enhances muscle development, strength and endurance. Although in most sports, taking a testosterone shot is considered to be a form of doping.
Testosterone injections are now being popularly used to bulk up or simply to improve the physique and look of the body in men. Today the world of body building, as we know, is devoid of steroids and testosterone injections. Body builders resort to it as an easier and quicker way to beef up.
Have a look at our videos of how to administer testosterone injections.
The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback. Get the latest Flash Player or Watch this video on YouTube.
Symptoms of steroid abuse and wrong implementation include swelling and rapid gain in body weight. Other symptoms may be an increased and ongoing erection of the penis, there might be pain in bones, feeling of increased thirst, loss of appetite, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting. In some cases there is twitching of muscles, and memory problems besides weakness.
Testosterone injections are related to some other adverse effects or dangers too. It aggravates sleep apnea, which is a sleep disorder in which the person stops breathing intermittently during the night. It causes increase in RBC count which in turn can lead to a heart attack. Adult men receiving these injections might have enlarged breasts and in some men, the testicles might stop producing sperms leading to infertility.
In woman, an overdose of testosterone can cause irreversible changes. They might develop male characteristics like facial and body hair. Others have reported changes in menstrual periods and sometimes even baldness. As earlier stated therefore, testosterone injections should be administered with care and under the guidance of a medical expert.
Contact Us Now
- Learning About Testosterone: Testosterone Esters - August 13th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Treatment for male menopause - September 17th, 2019
- Testosterone Injection Replacement Therapy for Low-T - April 6th, 2019
- Testosterone Injections For Women: Benefits & Side Effects - May 4th, 2016
- Treatment for Hypogonadism with Testosterone Injections - October 21st, 2015
- Risk of Testosterone Injections | eHow - October 14th, 2015
- Testosterone Injections - Elite Men's Guide - September 11th, 2015
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Men's Hormonal Health - August 23rd, 2015
- testosterone injections withdrawal - Men's Health - MedHelp - May 28th, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Proper Injection and Dosing ... - May 13th, 2015
- Happy Mondays Star Shaun Ryder Needs Testosterone Injections To Stay Alive - April 9th, 2015
- Testosterone Injection - SteroidAbuse .com - March 23rd, 2015
- Male Testosterone Therapy - Renew Man - February 23rd, 2015
- TESTOSTERONE | Testosterone Injections | Testosterone ... - February 23rd, 2015
- side effects of testosterone injections - Video - January 11th, 2015
- All about Testosterone Injections - 2014's Best 3 ... - December 2nd, 2014
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects & Benefits - October 28th, 2014
- MegaTEST 500 - Video - September 13th, 2014
- Shot Day For Me! - Video - July 13th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections | Get Low Testosterone Therapy at ... - April 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections: Uses, Side Effects & Warnings ... - April 18th, 2014
- Growing pains on testosterone with fibromyalgia. - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow eHow | How to - April 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Women - Buzzle - January 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 24th, 2014
- Kindergartner gets no money for lost testicles - January 24th, 2014
- Boy who lost testicles during OHSU surgery awarded no money by Portland jury - January 24th, 2014
- Medical board charges Modesto doctor with negligence in weight-loss program - January 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Shots, Side Effects ... - January 19th, 2014
- When You Inject Testosterone Be Aware Of The Possible Mood Swing Side Effects - January 9th, 2014
- Side Effects of Testosterone Injections | eHow - December 24th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Steroid .com - December 19th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Low Testostosterone Treatment ... - November 19th, 2013
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Testosterone Injections ... - November 19th, 2013
- How Intramuscular Testosterone Injections is Done? - Video - November 14th, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Low Testostosterone Treatment @ www ... - November 2nd, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Testosterone Injections for Men and Women - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections - Steroid .com - Anabolic Steroids ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Men | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections for Men - Shots, Side Effects, Dosage ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Injections Side Effects - Buzzle - October 31st, 2013
- What Are Testosterone Injections? - Video - January 18th, 2013
- the truth about 6 pack abs amazon - Video - December 10th, 2012
- the truth about 6 pack abs ebook - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free 6 pack abs exercises - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free free lower ab workouts muscles - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free abs circle pro workout - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Free truth about 6 pack abs - Video - December 10th, 2012
- Testosterone Injections: How To Inject Testosterone - Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Military press 90lb dumbbells 40 years old - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Testosterone Roundtable -- Low Testosterone Treatment Options (Part 5) - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Wall Street’s Castration Not Just Metaphorical - February 14th, 2012
- Testosterone Therapy Can Help Men With Heart Failure - April 19th, 2010
Word Count: 590