If you have signs and symptoms of low testosterone that bother you or effect the quality of your living condition (quality of life), there are many choices for raising testosterone levels. Not everyone chooses treatment. Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can be given using:
Buy Testosterone Gel or Cream
The most common type is skin gel or creams, which is used by about 50 out of 100 patients. The gel or cream is rubbed onto your shoulders or upper arms after a shower.
Buy Testosterone Shots
About 25 out of 100 patients use testosterone shots to treat testosterone deficiency.
Testosterone Patches in Decline of Use
Less than 5 to 10 out of 100 use testosterone patches, and the number is declining rapidly.
Nearly three out of 100 patients use testosterone in other forms, such as pellets placed in the body. Pellets are usually placed under the skin near the belly region and slowly release the Testosterone over an extended period of time.
Testosterone Pills Are Not Recommended
At this time, pills are not approved for use in the U.S.
When You Should Take Testosterone?
You should not take testosterone for non-medical reasons, such as bodybuilding, preventing aging changes or performance enhancement in the sports arena. Men should not take TRT if they have normal testosterone levels or if their testosterone levels have not been tested. If you have normal testosterone levels, using TRT will not help your health problems, unless there is a medical necessity. Also, if you are trying to father a child, you should not be on TRT. TRT can decrease your sperm count and fertility.
Testosterone Specialist Physicians / TRT / Testosterone Replacment Doctors
Before you take TRT, a doctor who is skilled in diagnosing low-T should scrutinize you. Your doctor should not prescribe TRT without taking an in-depth health history and giving you a physical exam and blood tests. Many of the symptoms of low-T can be the result of other health problems. Other causes of symptoms need to be ruled out before testosterone is prescribed.
Before you start TRT, your doctor should talk to you about possible side effects. Side effects can include: Anger Management Issues, Hypertension, Pimples, Aggression, Testicular Shrinkage (when testosterone is used without estrogen blockers) and Cardiovascular Risks.
Testosterone Levels Must Be Checked
If your doctor prescribes TRT, you should have regular check-ups. Your doctor should follow up with blood tests for testosterone level, PSA, and hematocrit. (PSA is a test for prostate issues including prostate cancer. Hematocrit tests your red blood cell count.) Based on your health history, your doctor may want to follow up with other tests.
Benefits and Risks of Testosterone Replacement Protocol Treatments
Discuss the benefits and risks of taking testosterone replacement therapy with your doctor. You should not be taking TRT if you do not have low levels of testosterone or side effects associated with Low-T. You should understand the possible benefits, side effects, and risks before you start taking TRT. You should also know that today's science does not offer final answers about whether taking TRT will increase your risk of prostate cancer or heart disease. There is conflicting evidence about Testosterone and prostate cancer or heart disease, but the FDA requires warnings for risks associated with Heart attacks and Strokes concerning Testosterone usage.
- NATESTO (testosterone) Nasal Spray - October 30th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - April 9th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- Testosterone Treatments May Alleviate Negative Effects of Type-Two Diabetes - March 20th, 2019
- Clomiphene Citrate for Low-T - August 20th, 2018
- Excessive Use of Tylenol / Acetaminophen May Negatively Affect Testosterone Levels in Unborn Boys - August 9th, 2018
- What Is Male Hypogonadism - July 25th, 2018
- More than 152 Million Men Suffer from Hypogonadism and Low Testosterone - July 17th, 2018
- Risk Factors for and Causes of Male Hypogonadism - May 1st, 2018
- HIV and Testosterone Deficiency - verywell.com - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - UT Medical Center - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Definition, Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - July 17th, 2016
- Lipocine - Hypogonadism - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - Risks, Symptoms and Leading Causes | Treato - July 17th, 2016
- Hypogonadism and Hypogonadism Resources - What is ... - July 17th, 2016
- Male Hypogonadism - Genitourinary Disorders - Merck ... - July 9th, 2016
- Hypogonadism - May 6th, 2016
- Male - Hypogonadism -- Low T Treatment Help!? - Drugs.com - May 6th, 2016
- Hypogonadism Causes Infertility. Learn how to detect and ... - May 6th, 2016
- BodyLogicMD - Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone in Men) - February 8th, 2016
- Hypogonadism | Disorders | Knowledge Base - August 26th, 2015
- hypogonadism | pathology | Britannica.com - July 22nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism Tests and diagnosis - Mayo Clinic - May 23rd, 2015
- Hypogonadism (Medical Condition) - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Treatment Options for Hypogonadism - Healthline - April 4th, 2015
- Hypergonadotropic hypogonadism - Wikipedia, the free ... - March 23rd, 2015
- Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism - UpToDate - March 23rd, 2015
- Statins may lower testosterone and libido - March 16th, 2015
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism - Pipeline Review, H1 2015 - March 13th, 2015
- Biomarker monitors testosterone therapy for osteoporosis - March 12th, 2015
- The effect of hypogonadism and testosterone-enhancing therapy - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males - March 2nd, 2015
- Male hypogonadism: symptoms, cause, treatment, risk ... - February 18th, 2015
- Male Hypogonadism 1/28/15 - Video - January 31st, 2015
- What is Hypogonadism - Symptoms and Treatment | Hormone ... - January 30th, 2015
- Auxilium Announces Results from Special Meeting of Stockholders - January 28th, 2015
- Male hypogonadism pathophysiology - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Endo to Acquire Rights to Testosterone Nasal Gel Natesto - Analyst Blog - November 26th, 2014
- Female Hypogonadism Symptoms | eHow - November 23rd, 2014
- Testosterone Deficiency (Hypogonadism) Overview ... - November 23rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism Therapeutic Pipeline Industry Review, H2 2014 - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism in men living with HIV - Video - November 7th, 2014
- Will Repros (RPRX) Miss Estimates This Earnings Season? - Analyst Blog - November 5th, 2014
- Urology Care Foundation - Urology A-Z - Low Testosterone - November 3rd, 2014
- Male Hypogonadism: Male Reproductive Endocrinology: Merck ... - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism Wikipedia - October 28th, 2014
- Hypogonadism No Moustache! No Beard!! - October 28th, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with the in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene, a phase 2b ready asset, from ... - October 21st, 2014
- Apricus expands development pipeline with in-licensing of US rights for fispemifene - October 21st, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal: Repros Therapeutics shares drop on drug application setback - October 18th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Analyst Brief Report; Androxal(R) Achieves Superiority in Top Line Analysis by Small Cap Street ... - September 30th, 2014
- Repros Reports Encouraging Late-Stage Data on Androxal - Analyst Blog - August 28th, 2014
- Repros Therapeutics Q2 Loss a Penny Wider than Expected - Analyst Blog - August 12th, 2014
- Clarus Therapeutics Files For $86.25 Mln IPO - May 24th, 2014
- Prevalence, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypogonadism in ... - April 30th, 2014
- Repros Completes Enrollment for Androxal Study - Analyst Blog - April 16th, 2014
- VLog #127 Frances Explains Hypogonadism. - Video - April 7th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Medical ... - April 6th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism Symptoms - Diseases and Conditions ... - April 2nd, 2014
- Update on Endo's Product Portfolio - Analyst Blog - March 11th, 2014
- Unit Project 1 Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - Video - March 8th, 2014
- Endo: FDA Oks AVEED Injection For Treatment Of Adult Men With Hypogonadism - March 6th, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical ... - February 23rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism : Types, Causes, & Symptoms - Healthline - February 17th, 2014
- Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) in Men - Video - February 14th, 2014
- Hypogonadism: Types, Causes, & Symptoms Healthline - February 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Therapy Not Always Good for Older Men - February 11th, 2014
- Repros Shares Soar After FDA Meeting - Analyst Blog - February 8th, 2014
- Endocrine Society calls for large-scale studies to evaluate testosterone therapy risks - February 8th, 2014
- Study Finds Potential Heart Risks from Testosterone Therapy - February 3rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism - SharedJourney - January 23rd, 2014
- Repros Continues to Gain on Androxal News - Analyst Blog - January 15th, 2014
- Male hypogonadism: Causes - MayoClinic.com - January 3rd, 2014
- Hypogonadism | Medscape - Latest Medical News, Clinical Trials ... - December 30th, 2013
- Hypogonadism - HealthCentral - December 24th, 2013
- Hypogonadism - December 23rd, 2013
- Hypogonadism - Medscape Reference - December 21st, 2013
- Audio-Digest Foundation Announces the Release of Oncology Volume 04, Issue 16: Highlights from Future Directions ... - December 15th, 2013
- Male hypogonadism: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com - December 12th, 2013
Contact Us Now
How useful was this post?
Click on a smiley face to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Word Count: 544