Testosterone; hormone known by many, truly understood by few and quite possible one of the more remarkable hormones in the human body; if not, it's at least the most exciting! Testosterone is a steroidal hormone found in both men and women; yes both men and women, although in higher concentrations among men. Although testosterones are essential to both men in women, it is primarily a male sex hormone, as well as perhaps the single most important hormone when it comes to anabolic steroids and that is exactly what we are concerned with here.
When it comes to gaining muscle tissue or generating high performance, several key things must be in play. Adequate proper training and properly planned nutrition are both a must but to get the most from your set goals testosterone is king. Most are familiar with the importance of protein; proteins are the building blocks of muscle and essential to meet that end but it is testosterone that plays a role in utilizing each protein to the fullest extent possible.
Testosterones have obviously always existed; it is part of the very human structure but use, exogenous use is what we are referring to here. The benefits of Testosterone use date back further than many realize. In ancient Greece many athletes prior to the first Olympic Games would eat animal testicles in order to gain a higher level of performance over their competitors. It is unlikely these individuals understood why or how this would help and it is unclear as to the magnitude in-which it worked but being as Testosterone is largely created in the testicles of mammals, the ancient Greeks were on to something.
Throughout the 18th Century testicular extract was often used in medical practice but it was not until the 1930's where we would see the birth of Testosterone use as we know it today. In 1931, a German chemist Adolf Butenandt cleansed and filtered urine to extract the hormone androstenone. A few short years later in 1934 a fellow chemist Leopold Ruzicka found a way to synthesize the hormone and the age of anabolic steroid use was born. Butenandt and Ruzicka's work made it apparent that not only could hormones be isolated but further synthesized for safe human use and subsequently the race to synthesize the first batch of testosterone was underway.
In a 1935 paper aptly titled On Crystalline Male Hormone from Testicles Karoly Gyula David, E. Dingemanse, J. Freud and Ernst Laqueur announced they had in-fact isolated the hormone testosterones and in less than a year's time the first batch of synthetic testosterone was made. The breakthrough was of such great importance that both Butenandt and Ruzicka were awarded the Nobel Prize in 1939. Testosterone was in a way of speaking born for the first time and thanks to Butenandt and Ruzicka the first every clinical injections of testosterone in the testosterone propionate form were achieved
With the first batch of testosterone ever used being that of testosterone propionate, since that time a bevy of testosterones have made their way into hands of many. To this day testosterone propionate still remains very popular among many testosterone users but as the years have passed various forms of testosterone have become just as popular.
Something many seem to fail to understand is testosterone is testosterone is testosterone. Regardless of the form, and there are many, no matter which of the testosterones you choose the basic principle action is the same. Two of the most common forms of testosterone beyond propionate are testosterone enanthate and testosterone cypionate. The largest difference in these two testosterones as compared to testosterone propionate is the half life of the drugs. Testosterone propionate has a half life of approximately forty eight hours, while testosterone-enanthate has a half-life of fifteen days and testosterone cypionate a half life extending a few more hours.
When we speak of the half life of various testosterones or any anabolic steroid for that matter, we often hear a lot of misinformation. For example, a very common mistake is to assume that "half-life" refers the duration of action. Half-life is in truth a very simple concept and it applies to all testosterones as well:
Half-Life: the half-life of any anabolic steroid represents the time in-which half or 50% of the administered drug has been used. For example; if we inject 100mg of testosterone-propionate with a half-life of 48hrs, at the 48hr mark after injection we will have 50mg of active testosterone propionate left in our system. Now contrary to belief this does not mean after another 48hr mark passes the drug will be out of our system, at the second 48hr mark if we injected 100mg of testosterone propionate we would now have 25mg of the drug still in our system. Here's a sample chart that will help you understand:
As you can see from the above chart, this is why testosterone with a shorter half-life such as testosterone-propionate must be injected more frequently than testosterone with a longer half-life such as testosterone-cypionate.
Each of the various testosterones available has a different half-life and this half-life is determined by the ester that is attached to the testosterone. For example, testosterone-propionate is a testosterone with the "Propionate" ester attached to it, as testosterone enanthate is a testosterone with the "Enanthate" ester attached to it. It is important to note that esters carry with them more important things than simply determining the half-life of various testosterones; for example the ester attached can affect the drugs soluble level but understanding the half-life effect is perhaps the most important aspect as it pertains to the discussion here.
In recent years testosterone that is comprised of a mixture of numerous testosterones have become popular. The most popular form of testosterone mixture is that of Sustanon-250. Sutstanon-250 is a type of testosterone comprised of four different testosterones each possessing a different ester. What this accomplishes is it gives the individual a steady release of testosterone throughout the body at various intervals. The idea behind this type of testosterone model is to enable the user to maintain constant levels of testosterone throughout the body because as we have seen, as the drug reaches its various half-life stages the amount of active testosterone in the body declines
Sustanon-250 is comprised of four different testosterones which include
From this mixture of four different testosterones we receive a steady dose of testosterone at different times keeping the level of active testosterone in the body stable. There are many varying opinions as to if a blend of testosterones such as that of Sustanon is needed and as is with so many things in the anabolic steroid world this is very user dependent. Make no mistake, 250mg of Sustanon versus 250mg of testosterone-enanthate is either way 250mg of testosterone and you can keep your levels of flowing testosterone exactly the same regardless of the type of testosterones you use, however, to do so will depend on your injection frequency.
In the end it really doesn't matter which type of testosterone you use. What's important is keeping your levels stable, finding the ester that fits your needs and simply going with what you enjoy. Beyond the basics of testosterone we discussed here there is so much more information for you to enjoy but hopefully you have a better understanding of how testosterones work and you can begin to find how it works best for you.
See the rest here:
- Testosterone Cypionate | Steroidology.com - May 25th, 2021
- Testosterone Cypionate Injectable - April 7th, 2020
- Testosterone cypionate: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings - Drugs.com - August 14th, 2016
- Testosterone cypionate - about Anabolic Steroids - June 23rd, 2016
- Testosterone Cypionate Cycle - Testosterone Cypionate .com - June 23rd, 2016
- Benefits of Testosterone Cypionate - Testosterone ... - June 16th, 2016
- Testosterone Cypionate Injection, USP - DailyMed - May 22nd, 2016
- Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection) - RxList - May 6th, 2016
- DailyMed - DEPO-TESTOSTERONE- testosterone cypionate injection, solution - May 2nd, 2016
- Testosterone Cypionate - Steroids for Sale | Buy ... - May 1st, 2016
- About Testosterone Cypionate Injections | Anti-Aging Group - April 26th, 2016
- testosterone cypionate intramuscular : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions ... - April 13th, 2016
- TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE- testosterone cypionate injection - DailyMed - April 13th, 2016
- Side Effects of Testosterone Cypionate | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Cypionate Male Enhancement Information - December 21st, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate - 200mg/ml 10ml/vial EP - PSL - August 29th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate - buy Testosterone Cypionate ... - August 29th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate 200mg per ml - LA Pharma - Injectible ... - August 29th, 2015
- DailyMed - DEPO-TESTOSTERONE- testosterone cypionate ... - August 11th, 2015
- DailyMed - TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE- testosterone cypionate injection ... - July 19th, 2015
- Depo-Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate Injection) Drug ... - July 3rd, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate for Sale: Injectable Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Buy TESTOSTERONE STEROIDS: Testosterone Cypionate - May 23rd, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Injections for Sale - Best Price on ... - April 4th, 2015
- TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE | XRoids.com - March 17th, 2015
- Depot Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate) - March 6th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate - Growth hormone - March 5th, 2015
- Welcome to Testosterone Cypionate A Potent Androgen - February 18th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate A Potent Long-Acting Androgenic Anabolic ... - February 18th, 2015
- Genuine Cheap Testosterone Cypionate for Sale Online - January 20th, 2015
- DailyMed - TESTOSTERONE CYPIONATE- testosterone cypionate ... - September 25th, 2014
- Anabolic Steroids List: Benefits of Testosterone Cypionate - September 17th, 2014
- testosterone cypionate intramuscular : Uses, Side Effects ... - September 1st, 2014
- Derivatives Of Testosterone - What does Testosterone Cypionate do - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Derivatives Of Testosterone - Testosterone Cypionate dosage and side effects - Video - August 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate A Gentle Way to Elevate ... - May 8th, 2014
- TestosteroneCypionat - TOMA Ardream warrior - priest ANATOLIA - GiYOTiN Clan - Video - May 6th, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate - FDA prescribing information, side ... - May 2nd, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate - Roid-Shop.com - April 30th, 2014
- Buy Testosterone Cypionate Injection Online | steroid ... - April 15th, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate - Steroids Profile - March 11th, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate - Steroidology.com | Uncover the ... - January 27th, 2014
- Testosterone cypionate: Indications, Side Effects ... - January 20th, 2014
- Testosterone Cypionate for Muscle Building | eHow - December 30th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate - Steroid .com - December 21st, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate Injection, USP100 mg/mL and 200 mg/mL - December 6th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate – A Gentle Way to Elevate ... - November 23rd, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate Official FDA information, side effects ... - November 17th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate - Testosterone Injections ... - November 16th, 2013
- Testosterone cypionate: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings ... - November 10th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate - Steroidology.com | Uncover the truth ... - November 10th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate Official FDA information, side effects and ... - November 6th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate - Steroid .com - Anabolic Steroids ... - November 6th, 2013
- testosterone cypionate IM : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate - Testosterone Injections | Testosterone ... - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate Information - October 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate - Testosterone Cypionate .com - October 31st, 2013
- Subcutaneous Testosterone Cypionate Injection - Video - August 22nd, 2013
- will testosterone cypionate build muscle | Pro Testosterone - July 30th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate Advantages And Disadvantages » I Click U ... - July 25th, 2013
- Testosterone Cypionate And Its Use In Sports » I Click U Click ... - July 23rd, 2013
- Compared – Essential Details In testosterone cypionate | Health ... - May 17th, 2013
- Welcome to autumnhorne Testosterone Cypionate A Potent Long ... - February 19th, 2013
- Tesosterone - Injectible or Gel? - August 10th, 2011
Word Count: 1237