Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline
Are you over the age of thirty, and feel like your body is starting to just slow down? Are you starting to experience sexual issues such as low libido or erectile dysfunction? You very well may be suffering from Andropause. Andropause is a natural condition and nothing to be embarrassed about.
Video Download: Andropause Age Associated Testosterone Decline
Video Stream: Andropause Age Associated Testosterone Decline
What is Andropause?
Andropause is a natural, age-related condition that men deal with, that bears some similarity to Menopause. Beginning at puberty, male Testosterone Levels skyrocket, and drop to normal adult levels by the late teens. Those high Testosterone Levels contribute to a lot of the characteristics that we attribute to teenagers and young men. They are full of vitality and bursting with libido and sexual desire. They tend to be highly confident and assertive, and there's a reason why many men consider this the physical peak of their lives.
The Effects of Low-T and Andropause Clearly Shown in Athletes
Of course, like all good things, this healthy Testosterone Production eventually comes to an end. All men will experience Testosterone Decline. It is a natural aspect of the human condition. Testosterone Production starts to drop slowly around the late twenties or early thirties. In fact, you can see this drop-off play out in sports.
Scientific research has shown that men hit their athletic peak around the age of 27. At this point, they have dedicated years upon years to their craft, honing their skills to become the elite members of their sport. Then, around the age of 27 on average, their output starts to go into decline. A big reason for this is because Testosterone Levels start to drop, meaning that no matter how hard they work out, they can't sustain the output of their younger peers.
Of course, a large subset of players remain successful long after the age of 27, but this physiological decline bears out in the data, and players start to drop off in physical ability.
How Fast Does Andropause Occur?
The average person, however, likely won't notice this decline immediately. Testosterone Levels drop slowly at first, at a rate of only about 1%-2% per year. Around the age of forty, this decline speeds up somewhat, and this is when many men start to become symptomatic.
How Do the Symptoms of Andropause Manifest?
The initial symptoms that most people experience are related to energy and metabolism. Men get tired more easily, giving in to both mental and physical fatigue. If they regularly exercise, they may start to have trouble gathering up the willpower to workout, or might notice a reduced physiological exercise capacity.
Andropause and Body Composition
Later on, these issues start to manifest themselves in changes in body composition. They start to gain weight and lose muscle mass. Testosterone is perhaps the most powerful anabolic hormone produced by the human body, and is absolutely necessary for men to sustain the muscle mass that is associated with masculinity.
Andropause and Sexual Health
In addition to metabolism and strength, Testosterone, as well as its precursors, is necessary to sustain sexual health. Testosterone is the hormone which kicks off sexual libido, and facilitates sexual pleasure and sexual ability. As Testosterone Levels start to fall, it directly correlates with a decline in libido and sexual function.
Although other symptoms of Andropause (also known as Age-Associated Low-T) manifest earlier, they are often misinterpreted. Often, men believe that they are just getting lazier or less outgoing as they grow older, but it can actually be attributed to Hormone Deficiency.
Andropause and Psychology
Testosterone Deficiency even contributes to depression and anxiety. Testosterone is one of the keys to a healthy male psychology, and as its levels decline, men are more likely to become more timid, or the dominant side of their personality starts to diminish. There is even research that shows that men that have more Testosterone than their peers tend to do better in business and finance, because they are more likely to engage in the healthy risks necessary to maximize success in such industries.
Symptoms of Andropause
So, if you are growing older and you have an inkling that you may be suffering from hormone decline. It pays to understand the signs. If you are suffering from three or more of the following symptoms or you are experiencing any of the following sexual symptoms, there is a real chance that you are suffering from Andropause or Low-T, and would benefit from making an appointment with a licensed and board certified hormone specialist:
Loss of Muscle Mass
Loss of Bone Mineral Density
Thinning Beard or Body Hair
What Are the Options for Patients Suffering from Andropause?
If you discover that you are suffering from Andropause, there are a lot of treatment options available to you. You've likely heard of Testosterone Creams like Androgel and Axiron, but there are a number of other ways to deliver therapeutic Testosterone Therapy for Low-T. The following are some of the types of Testosterone Therapy available to you as a patient:
Testosterone Patches – Low-T Patches are applied daily and provide a steady stream of Testosterone through the skin, and are replaced every 24 hours.
Testosterone Creams - Low-T Creams and Gels are applied once every day, usually in the morning, and provide enough Testosterone to sustain healthy, youthful Testosterone Levels for an entire day.
Testosterone Injections – Low-T Injections, such as Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate, are designed to provide a substantive dose of Testosterone that lasts anywhere from a few days (Testosterone Propionate) to a week or more (Testosterone Enanthate and Cypionate)
Testosterone Pellet Implants – For patients that are interested in an ongoing Testosterone Treatment that is long-lasting and doesn't require daily or weekly administrations, Testosterone Implants are delivered via a simple, nearly painless surgical procedure that provides three to five months of steady Testosterone.
Sublingual Testosterone – Sublingual Low-T Therapy is generally ordered from compounding pharmacies, and is administered daily underneath the tongue, where it absorbs directly into the body.
Buccal Testosterone – Buccal Low-T Therapy is an oral patch that is administered to the gums once daily and delivers a day's worth of Testosterone.
Don't Resign Yourself to Andropause and Low-T
Just because Andropause is a natural aspect of the human condition, doesn't mean that it's something that you have to live with. Countless chronic conditions have treatments available to mitigate the effects of the condition and improve health, and Testosterone Replacement Therapy can help men that are losing their vitality sustain their health, wellness, and sexual vigor.
By combining Low-T Therapy with a healthy nutrition and exercise regimen, many men find themselves healthier than they have been in years or even decades. Talk to your doctor about Low-T, it has changed the lives of countless men all across the country.
Word Count: 1148
Contact Us Now
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - December 15th, 2018
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - December 15th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - December 5th, 2018
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - December 5th, 2018
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 8th, 2018
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 7th, 2018
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - July 10th, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - June 26th, 2018
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - June 26th, 2018
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - June 26th, 2018
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - June 26th, 2018
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - June 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - May 31st, 2018
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - May 31st, 2018
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - May 31st, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - May 25th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - May 23rd, 2018
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - May 22nd, 2018
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - May 17th, 2018
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - May 16th, 2018
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - May 9th, 2018
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - May 5th, 2018
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - May 3rd, 2018
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - May 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - May 1st, 2018
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 1st, 2018
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015