Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline
Are you over the age of thirty, and feel like your body is starting to just slow down? Are you starting to experience sexual issues such as low libido or erectile dysfunction? You very well may be suffering from Andropause. Andropause is a natural condition and nothing to be embarrassed about.
Video Download: Andropause Age Associated Testosterone Decline
Video Stream: Andropause Age Associated Testosterone Decline
What is Andropause?
Andropause is a natural, age-related condition that men deal with, that bears some similarity to Menopause. Beginning at puberty, male Testosterone Levels skyrocket and drop to normal adult levels by the late teens.
Those high Testosterone Levels contribute to a lot of the characteristics that we attribute to teenagers and young men. They are full of vitality and bursting with libido and sexual desire. They tend to be highly confident and assertive, and there's a reason why many men consider this the physical peak of their lives.
The Effects of Low-T and Andropause Clearly Shown in Athletes
Of course, like all good things, this healthy Testosterone Production eventually comes to an end. All men will experience Testosterone Decline. It is a natural aspect of the human condition.
Testosterone Production starts to drop slowly around the late twenties or early thirties. In fact, you can see this drop-off play out in sports.
Scientific research has shown that men hit their athletic peak around the age of 27. At this point, they have dedicated years upon years to their craft, honing their skills to become the elite members of their sport.
Then, around the age of 27 on average, their output starts to go into decline. A big reason for this is because Testosterone Levels start to drop, meaning that no matter how hard they work out, they can't sustain the output of their younger peers.
Of course, a large subset of players remain successful long after the age of 27, but this physiological decline bears out in the data, and players start to drop off in physical ability.
How Fast Does Andropause Occur?
The average person, however, likely won't notice this decline immediately. Testosterone Levels drop slowly at first, at a rate of only about 1%-2% per year.
Around the age of forty, this decline speeds up somewhat, and this is when many men start to become symptomatic.
How Do the Symptoms of Andropause Manifest?
The initial symptoms that most people experience are related to energy and metabolism. Men get tired more easily, giving in to both mental and physical fatigue.
If they regularly exercise, they may start to have trouble gathering up the willpower to work out, or might notice a reduced physiological exercise capacity.
Andropause and Body Composition
Later on, these issues start to manifest themselves in changes in body composition. They start to gain weight and lose muscle mass.
Testosterone is perhaps the most powerful anabolic hormone produced by the human body and is absolutely necessary for men to sustain the muscle mass that is associated with masculinity.
Andropause and Sexual Health
In addition to metabolism and strength, Testosterone, as well as its precursors, is necessary to sustain sexual health. Testosterone is the hormone that kicks off sexual libido and facilitates sexual pleasure and sexual ability.
As Testosterone Levels start to fall, it directly correlates with a decline in libido and sexual function.
Although other symptoms of Andropause (also known as Age-Associated Low-T) manifest earlier, they are often misinterpreted.
Often, men believe that they are just getting lazier or less outgoing as they grow older, but it can actually be attributed to Hormone Deficiency.
Andropause and Psychology
Testosterone Deficiency even contributes to depression and anxiety. Testosterone is one of the keys to healthy male psychology, and as its levels decline, men are more likely to become timider, or the dominant side of their personality starts to diminish.
There is even research that shows that men that have more Testosterone than their peers tend to do better in business and finance because they are more likely to engage in the health risks necessary to maximize success in such industries.
Symptoms of Andropause
So, if you are growing older and you have an inkling that you may be suffering from hormone decline. It pays to understand the signs.
If you are suffering from three or more of the following symptoms or you are experiencing any of the following sexual symptoms, there is a real chance that you are suffering from Andropause or Low-T, and would benefit from making an appointment with a licensed and board-certified hormone specialist:
Loss of Muscle Mass
Loss of Bone Mineral Density
Thinning Beard or Body Hair
What Are the Options for Patients Suffering from Andropause?
If you discover that you are suffering from Andropause, there are a lot of treatment options available to you.
You've likely heard of Testosterone Creams like Androgel and Axiron, but there are a number of other ways to deliver therapeutic Testosterone Therapy for Low-T. The following are some of the types of Testosterone Therapy available to you as a patient:
Testosterone Patches – Low-T Patches are applied daily and provide a steady stream of Testosterone through the skin, and are replaced every 24 hours.
Testosterone Creams - Low-T Creams and Gels are applied once every day, usually in the morning, and provide enough Testosterone to sustain healthy, youthful Testosterone Levels for an entire day.
Testosterone Injections – Low-T Injections, such as Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate, are designed to provide a substantive dose of Testosterone that lasts anywhere from a few days (Testosterone Propionate) to a week or more (Testosterone Enanthate and Cypionate)
Testosterone Pellet Implants – For patients that are interested in an ongoing Testosterone Treatment that is long-lasting and doesn't require daily or weekly administrations, Testosterone Implants are delivered via a simple, nearly painless surgical procedure that provides three to five months of steady Testosterone.
Sublingual Testosterone – Sublingual Low-T Therapy is generally ordered from compounding pharmacies, and is administered daily underneath the tongue, where it absorbs directly into the body.
Buccal Testosterone – Buccal Low-T Therapy is an oral patch that is administered to the gums once daily and delivers a day's worth of Testosterone.
Don't Resign Yourself to Andropause and Low-T
Just because Andropause is a natural aspect of the human condition, doesn't mean that it's something that you have to live with.
Countless chronic conditions have treatments available to mitigate the effects of the condition and improve health, and Testosterone Replacement Therapy can help men that are losing their vitality sustain their health, wellness, and sexual vigor.
By combining Low-T Therapy with a healthy nutrition and exercise regimen, many men find themselves healthier than they have been in years or even decades.
Talk to your doctor about Low-T, it has changed the lives of countless men all across the country.
- Boosting testosterone levels (First of two parts) - May 8th, 2021
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - May 1st, 2021
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 28th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Deer Antler, HGH and Testosterone: Tim on Scott and BR Radio Show - Video - April 17th, 2021
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - April 14th, 2021
- How Testosterone Affects the Skin of Men - April 11th, 2021
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - April 8th, 2021
- Testosterone Levels and Wall Street - March 27th, 2021
- Women can resist testosterone-fuelled political debate - March 12th, 2021
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - March 11th, 2021
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - March 4th, 2021
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - February 28th, 2021
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - February 28th, 2021
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - February 27th, 2021
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - February 25th, 2021
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - February 22nd, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Testosterone Plays Powerful Role in Motivating Revolutionary Change - February 15th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - January 9th, 2021
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - January 6th, 2021
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 25th, 2020
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - December 24th, 2020
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - December 20th, 2020
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - December 18th, 2020
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - December 12th, 2020
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - December 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 5th, 2020
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 3rd, 2020
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - December 3rd, 2020
- Low-T and Your Health - November 30th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - November 19th, 2020
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 12th, 2020
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - November 9th, 2020
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 8th, 2020
- Intricate relationship between Oestrogen & Testosterone XXY Guys (Klinefelters' syndrome) - Video - November 7th, 2020
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 5th, 2020
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - October 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - October 20th, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - October 19th, 2020
- Testosterone levels in older men - October 17th, 2020
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - September 30th, 2020
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - July 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - June 29th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - May 21st, 2020
- How to Raise Testosterone Naturally. Sermorelin - Some Have Called It A The New Fountain of Youth. A Natural Cure for Anxiety and Depression. - May 9th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
- A New Link Between Testosterone and the Prevention of Dementia in Women - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Women Make Better Money Managers - April 30th, 2020
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - April 28th, 2020
- Testosterone Drug, Androxal, Helped Gay Cubans Have More Sex - April 10th, 2020
Word Count: 1143