Avatar director James Cameron says testosterone is toxic. Commentators on Twitter call him a 'beta male.'
In a recent article by The Hollywood Reporter, film director James Cameron said that he believes that the male hormone testosterone is a toxin to the body, and people do not like what he said. While discussing his long-delayed Avatar sequel, Cameron maintained that “A lot of things I did earlier, I wouldn’t do — career-wise and just risks that you take as a wild, testosterone-poisoned young man. I always think of [testosterone] as a toxin that you have to slowly work out of your system.”
Soon after, the feedback came roaring in on Twitter, with many taking offense at his comments, calling him a 'beta male' among other things. Here are a few examples:
"Hollywood director and soy fan James Cameron said testosterone is “a toxin that you have to slowly work out of your system.” It’s crystal clear Cameron is a beta male who is waging a war on masculinity through his woke movies. Patriots must BOYCOTT his upcoming Avatar sequel!"
“Wait, what the hell? This is coming from the man who made some of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time and worked with people like Schwarzenegger. I must be missing something.”
“Bruh, it's one thing to make a point of controlling aggressive behaviors or whatever, but to literally suggest that you have to remove/purge natural chemicals and hormones from your body which literally affect how your body physically maintains itself, is absurd.”
“Boy, I sure enjoyed the testosterone-filled action in Terminator 2 and Aliens.”
“So is oestrogen a toxin woman must remove from their system & so we all become 1 single gender? Testosterone makes men men. This is outrageously sexist. Cameron created 1 & enhanced another of the greatest heroines in cinema, but why does that have to be at the expense of men?”
"This is the most dangerous statement I’ve ever seen, though not surprised by Hollywood scum ever. Put aside the “masculine” side effects; testosterone is crucial for proper health. They want you low testosterone, unhealthy, & depressed F*** James Cameron & anyone who loves him."
Others discussed the countless ways Cameron's "toxic" masculinity assuredly contributed to his fantastic success and questioned if this could mean he'll be returning all the revenue from his blockbuster yet toxic testosterone-laden movies. There was also speculation that his comments would hurt the success of the upcoming film.
Plus, there were separate tweets claiming that Cameron’s statements were further evidence of a “war against men” and “They want you low testosterone, unhealthy, and depressed” while not specifying who are the nebulous “THEY.”
While that may be a stretch, Cameron’s rant needs unpacking, so let’s take a look and present the other side of the “testosterone controversy.”
For starters, consider the health consequences of hypogonadism (low testosterone, aka “Low-T”):
- Chronic fatigue
- Weight gain
- Accumulation of hideous fat, especially in the midsection
- Shrinking, weakened muscles
- Depression that often leads to apathy and a lack of motivation
- Trouble concentrating
- Joint aches and pains
- Weakened bones
No man in his right mind would welcome these developments from the loss of testosterone due to aging. At age 30, men, on average, lose approximately 10% of their testosterone per decade if nothing is done to slow it down.
Even Mr. Cameron would probably not want to “work testosterone out of his system” if he would just stop and think of the benefits that testosterone delivers. Benefits that attack the above-mentioned symptoms with a vengeance.
Also, the manly hormone is responsible for the development in males of the penis, testicles, and a deep, masculine voice to stop you from sounding like a Soprano. Thank testosterone if you are a man and appreciate these male attributes.
Here is another consideration. The crucial element of a man’s testosterone is the balance between too much and too little. A man acting rude or overly aggressive could be due to an imbalance of the hormone either way.
Common knowledge is that too much testosterone can easily lead to cockiness. Most agree with that conclusion, but it is, at first, hard to grasp that too little testosterone can make a man super aggressive and overcompensate for his feelings of inadequacy.
Again, the vital thing to remember is that balance is the key. A healthy amount of testosterone breeds quiet confidence, and a man with that inner strength has no reason to constantly act like a jerk to prove his manhood.
Testosterone is often used as an excuse for bad behavior by weak men – and that’s pathetic. Testosterone does not make anyone do anything.
Cameron wants to work testosterone out of his system, but he fails to mention how he can do that and the adverse consequences of doing that.
One more nail in the coffin of Cameron’s theory is this: older men, who should know better, often act more immaturely than men much younger. Since testosterone declines with age, it’s hard to place the blame on testosterone for old men acting like idiots.
The bottom line is this: all men need a healthy testosterone level. And that’s where we come in. Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation concerning the astonishing benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - December 1st, 2022
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 8th, 2022
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022
- Male menopause: it’s real! - October 26th, 2022
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - October 5th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - December 15th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Murfreesboro Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 889