Video Download: Can Testosterone Deficiency Cause Or Contribute To Feelings Of Depression
Video Stream: Can Testosterone Deficiency Cause Or Contribute To Feelings Of Depression
Testosterone is a complex hormone which influences physical and psychological health in many ways. Most people are aware of the sexual effects of Testosterone Deficiency, such as impotence and lack of libido, but they aren't so aware of the variety of other issues that Testosterone Deficiency can cause.
Testosterone belongs to a class of hormones that are referred to as Androgens. These hormones are produced in both men and women but are produced in far greater quantities in males. Testosterone plays a role in maintaining the normal function of the body in a variety of ways. Testosterone promotes muscle mass and physical strength, and it fosters sex drive and sexual ability. Testosterone is also a potent anabolic hormone, which means that it has a powerful effect upon metabolism. Men naturally have less body fat than women mostly because of Testosterone.
In addition to promoting sexual function and libido, Testosterone is also integrally crucial to the production of sperm and therefore regulates fertility. There is increasing evidence that Testosterone is also strongly correlated with a positive psychological state in males. Men with Low-T are more likely to experience depression and anxiety, and they are also more likely to be less confident, and less willing to take sensible risks.
Testosterone Deficiency not only leads to symptoms of depression and anxiety in men but also in women. Because women don't produce nearly as much Testosterone as men, they can be more sensitive to specific effects of Low-T, especially those associated with bone density.
What Causes Testosterone Deficiency?
There are some causes of Low-T, but they can all be organized into two particular categories—Primary Hypogonadism and Secondary Hypogonadism. Primary Hypogonadism refers to any cause of Low-T which is the direct result of a malfunction of the Testes which directly inhibits the body's ability to produce Testosterone. The following are some causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Testicular Trauma
- Excess Iron in the Bloodstream
Secondary Hypogonadism, on the other hand, refers to any form of Low-T which is caused by systemic issues outside of the testes. The testes rely on signals from the Hypothalamus and Pituitary to produce Testosterone, and if they do not adequately receive these signals, then the testes will not provide enough Testosterone to meet the needs of the body, in spite of being perfectly healthy. The following are some causes of Secondary Hypogonadism:
- Opiate Use
Out of all of the examples listed above, Testosterone Deficiency is most commonly the result of either Aging or Obesity. The body naturally loses its ability to produce Testosterone over time. Some patients respond more severely to these changes than others. Not everyone ends up needing Testosterone Therapy, but a medically significant number of men will end up struggling with their emotional, physical, and sexual vitality as a result of their declining Testosterone Production.
Obesity is a common cause of Testosterone Deficiency because obesity suppresses the body' natural production of Testosterone. Adipose fat cells can convert Testosterone directly into Estrogen, and the more body fat that a person has, the more Estrogen and Less Testosterone they will have in circulation.
Testosterone and Psychology
Testosterone Deficiency alters the psychological balance in many ways. Some changes are the natural result of declining energy levels and reduced metabolism, whereas other symptoms are a direct result of changes in neurological hormones which require a certain balance to maintain an optimal psychological state.
One psychological change clearly associated with Low-T and Andropause is reduced sex drive. As Testosterone Levels drop below a certain threshold, men often lose their interest in sex, often to their own frustration and chagrin.
Other psychological symptoms associated with Testosterone Deficiency are irritability, anxiety, and depression. A recent study published by the International Journal of Endocrinology makes it clear that depression and Low-T have a strong correlation, and there is also profound evidence that for men that simultaneously experience Low-T and Depression, Testosterone Replacement Therapy improves psychological balance and promotes health. This is particularly pronounced in elderly patients with very low Testosterone.
As men grow older as a result of 20th and 21st-century medical advances, this increases the importance of treating particular disorders. Because men are living longer on average in America than ever, more men are experiencing depression as a direct result of their age-related Testosterone Deficiency. There is strong evidence that Testosterone Therapy of any means, whether it be Testosterone Creams, Patches, Injections, or other effective means, can relieve not only depression in aging men, but also can improve and enhance the overall quality of life. There is also evidence that Testosterone Therapy improves cognitive function, including memory and mental sharpness.
Diagnosing Depression Caused by Testosterone Deficiency
It's important to remember that there are many different causes of Depression, and Testosterone Deficiency is only one root cause. Unfortunately, many men don't reach out for the Testosterone Treatments that could benefit them, because they are under the impression that grouchiness and irritability are natural symptoms of aging, and don't associate those symptoms with those an underlying hormone disorder.
Luckily, it is straightforward to diagnose Testosterone Deficiency. If you contact a medical specialist, they can reveal your underlying hormone status just with a routine physical and a blood test. If your Testosterone Levels are below 350 ng/dl, and you are experiencing symptoms such as depression and anxiety, in combination with other issues such as fatigue and changes in body composition, there is a real chance that you can benefit significantly from treatment.
If Testosterone Therapy alone is not able to improve your depression and anxiety, you may benefit from a psychological medication such as Lexapro or Celexa. If you feel that Testosterone is helping your health, you can also take both treatments simultaneously.
Testosterone Deficiency, Depression, and Women
Of course, women can also experience depressive symptoms resulting from Testosterone Deficiency. A study published in Maturitas provided strong evidence that Testosterone Deficiency can directly lead to symptoms of depression, as well as reduced libido and reduced sexual pleasure. Women with Low-T often report pain during sex, because their bodies are unable to become physically “ready” for sex. For women with Low-T during Perimenopause and Menopause, Testosterone is often prescribed to promote improved psychological and sexual health.
Should Men Turn to Testosterone for Depression?
Testosterone Deficiency is a severe medical condition, and it is becoming increasingly clear that Testosterone Therapy is a highly effective method to help aging men with Low-T feel more like their younger selves. Depression, anxiety, and fatigue are real and significant symptoms that can really inhibit health and well-being, and Testosterone Treatments have helped millions of men overcome these feelings and improve their quality of life.
Of course, Testosterone Deficiency is not the only thing that can lead to depression, so it can benefit many men to combine Testosterone Replacement with Psychological Therapy, and, if Testosterone alone isn't enough to resolve psychological issues, other treatments may be concurrently prescribed to provide maximum benefit to the patient.
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - April 9th, 2019
- Truth About Testosterone Quiz: Low Testosterone and Axiron - April 2nd, 2019
- Methadone Suppresses Testosterone Production in Men - September 6th, 2018
- Low Testosterone Explained - WebMD - July 29th, 2016
- Testosterone therapy: Potential benefits and risks as you age - Mayo Clinic - July 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone in Men - Hormone Health Network - May 9th, 2016
- 7 Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Women - May 9th, 2016
- Low Male Testosterone Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone (Low-T) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - eMedicineHealth - April 17th, 2016
- How can I boost my testosterone level? - WebMD Answers - April 10th, 2016
- Increase Low Testosterone Levels with Testosterone-Rx ... - February 8th, 2016
- Low Testosterone and Your Health - WebMD - October 29th, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Steroid .com - October 22nd, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 5th, 2015
- Is Low Testosterone Affecting Your Health? - August 8th, 2015
- Low Testosterone (Low-T): Get Facts on Levels and Treatment - August 7th, 2015
- Low Testosterone in Men With Diabetes - July 6th, 2015
- testosterone low , low testosterone effects , how to treat low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- do i have low testosterone , symptoms low testosterone , supplements for low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- low testosterone causes , what causes low testosterone , signs of low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone levels by age , low testosterone levels - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone t , on testosterone booster , best testosterone product - Video - May 4th, 2015
- testosterone shots cost , testosterone suppliments , herbs for testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- free testosterone , high testosterone , testosterone shots , what does testosterone do - Video - May 4th, 2015
- muscle building testosterone , healthy testosterone boosters , healthy testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- testosterone for muscle mass , best testosterone booster for mass - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Myths and Misconceptions around Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - May 4th, 2015
- effects of low testosterone , low testosterone , what is low testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- low testosterone level , buy testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Cure Intro - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- low male testosterone , how to increase low testosterone in males , raising testosterone levels - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- symptoms of low testosterone , causes of low testosterone - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Luke McNally - Low Vitamin D may cause low testosterone - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy Risks and Benefits - Video - April 25th, 2015
- Too Much Estrogen? Every Man Should Watch This! - Video - April 24th, 2015
- The Truth About Low Testosterone - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Men Lose 90% of their Testosterone from age 25 to age 70 - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Ageless Living - Topic: Low Testosterone - Video - April 17th, 2015
- 10 Foods That overcome low testosterone levels - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone - April 13th - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone help - Video - April 11th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment Center in St. Louis | Low T Therapy - April 4th, 2015
- Low-T in women can lead to obesity, study finds - April 2nd, 2015
- Men's Health Show | Low-T, Prostate, Robotic Surgery - Video - March 30th, 2015
- How can we find out if my husband has low testosterone? - Video - March 29th, 2015
- Increase testosterone supplements - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How to increase your testosterone - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How Even Borderline Low T Might Affect Your Health - Video - March 14th, 2015
- Feel Like You are 25 Again,Low Testosterone, Testosterone solution - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Antares Announces Positive Pharmacokinetic Results From QuickShot Phase 3 Study - February 25th, 2015
- Low Testosterone anxiety - Men's Health - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- low libido High Testosterone - Urology - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy | Men's Health - February 23rd, 2015
- Valentine's Day is an important day for men's health - Video - February 18th, 2015
- Treatments for Low Testosterone from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th Edition - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Testosterone treatment soars, but is it the answer? - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Why is Low Testosterone so Common - Video - February 12th, 2015
- 7 ways hormones improve your quality of life - February 5th, 2015
- Low Testosterone In Women - VieNue Bioidentical ... - February 1st, 2015
- Low T | How To Increase Testosterone Naturally - February 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Symptoms | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 31st, 2015
- Low Testosterone | Symptoms, Causes, Treatments - January 30th, 2015
- Analysis Rejects Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk - January 28th, 2015
- Bodybuilding supplement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - January 11th, 2015
- Strategy Might Thwart Resistance to a Common Prostate Cancer Treatment - January 10th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment for Men Insurance Accepted ... - December 29th, 2014
- What is Testosterone? | Boston Medical Group - December 29th, 2014
- Renew Male Review: Fix Low Testosterone With Natural Booster - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Symptoms of A Low Testosterone Level How To Know Quickly - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Heart Disease - December 17th, 2014
- The ONE Hormone That Makes You FAT and Kills Your SEX Drive - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Manhood down the drain, everyday products could be wiping out your testosterone - November 27th, 2014
- How To Get Rid Of Low Testosterone Using Home Remedies? - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Low Testosterone? Boost it Naturally! - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Is Low Testosterone Dangerous to Your Health? - November 19th, 2014
- diabetes - Video - November 18th, 2014
- Gladstone Barret -Low Testosterone Levels - Video - November 17th, 2014
- Healthy Living Series on Low Testosterone - Video - November 15th, 2014
Contact Us Now
Word Count: 1177