This is a relevant article you must read because aging isn't the only primary source of why testosterone decline occurs in men.
An exciting men's health data research examination on the male endocrine system, discovered that common declines in testosterone score, ranging over the years, decades and one's lifespan, is more probable to occur from a man's lifestyle, health and behavioral changes, than by only aging itself. This doesn't mean that a man's testosterone decline isn't linked to aging, because it is, but behavior and lifestyle choices are thought to have a significant impact on a man's testosterone, more than thought before if this study holds up in the test of time.
Dr. Gary Wittert, MD, Testosterone Research Specialist and Medical Professor
The research examination and study conducted by co-author Dr. Gary Wittert, M.D., lead professor of medicine at the University of Adelaide in Adelaide, Australia, stated that “Testosterone changes are largely explained by smoking behavior, and changes in health status, particularly obesity and depression.” and “Declining testosterone levels are not an inevitable part of the aging process, as many people think."
The research results of this study will be delivered at the beginning of the workweek in Houston at The Endocrine Society's ninety-fourth annual meeting. The Endocrine Society, which is nearly a century old, is one of the most prestigious organizations for investigating advances in our knowledge within the science of endocrinology. The last hundred years have seen a quantum leap in our understanding of how the human endocrine system works, and testosterone is one of the most fascinating hormones. Even today, new studies are revealing some of its amazing properties in balancing the wellness of humans.
The article and presentation reveal some fascinating insights:
Deleterious, life-changing declining Testosterone levels, are not necessarily, par for the course in human aging processes, as many doctors previously thought, said Dr. Wittert. Testosterone decline can be very strongly correlated with unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking for instance. There are even studies linking alcohol use to declining testosterone levels. Lifestyle behaviors, diet, attitude toward life, and aging all play significant roles in Testosterone health. Everyone knows a "horny old man," so this idea that testosterone deficiency is a guarantee doesn't always hold for everyone.
There is a tendency to always blame aging on men having low levels of the sex hormone Testosterone, but some times, aging is not the main culprit. A lack of exercise can often be the missing ingredient, more sleep, and a diet which fires up the metabolism. This study by Dr. Willert was critical because the number of long-range population-based research studies on testosterone in men, tracked over decades, is not as common as previously believed.
The Testosterone Research Study
How Dr. Willert and cohorts conducted the scholarly evaluation:
"In this study, supported by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia, the authors analyzed testosterone measurements in more than 1,500 men who had measurements taken at two clinic visits five years apart. All blood testosterone samples underwent testing at the same time for each time point, according to Wittert.
After the researchers excluded from the analysis of any men who had abnormal lab values or who were taking medications or had medical conditions known to affect hormones, they included 1,382 men in the data analysis. Men ranged in age from 35 to 80 years, with an average age of 54."
On the average, measured testosterone scores, surprisingly, did not drop by any significant amount over five years. They tended to decrease by less than 1% each calendar year, according to the medical scientists who authored the research paper. However, in subgroups, they did find factors which caused testosterone levels to decline more significantly, and these were linked to lifestyle and behaviors, not aging. Thus how one conducted their life, rather than aging, seemed to have the ability to accelerate Testosterone decline.
It's NO shocker, the guys that became obese, smoked or had mental health issues like depression. So even something like one's attitude on life could affect testosterone. One shocker in the study was that men who quit smoking actually in the short run declined some in their testosterone, but Dr. Willert suggested the health benefits of quitting smoking far outweigh the slight testosterone decline. No one had expected that in the short term quitting smoking could cause one's T to dip.
There have been past research studies which linked low-t (low testosterone) with depression, but they were not publicized as much as they are now. Mental health has a strong correlation with declining T levels.
Testosterone is linked to fertility, too much or too little, can affect one's fertility, so getting to that optimal range is essential. Testosterone is also vital for maintaining body composition and sex drive. Obesity is a testosterone killer. The worst thing a man or woman can do is allow themselves to gain a high body fat percentage; it's something we all must fight tooth and nail. This is why aging can not be considered the only factor as to why a man has low testosterone. The total 360-degree view is required for a proper diagnosis as to what factors are causing hypogonadism, andropause, or low-t.
According to Dr. Willert, "Unmarried men in the study had more significant testosterone reductions than did married men."
The prevailing thought is that unmarried men would have higher testosterone and more likely to be horny, but this is not the case. Unmarried men have lower testosterone levels, probably due to the likelihood of less sex, and less happiness. Men are thought to be more happy on average and have more sex when they are married versus single, even more, sex than single guys who are "playing the field." It's obviously more complicated than that, but on average, married men have better testosterone levels than unmarried men. There are a lot of complicated factors to consider, but you get a general idea.
The conclusion of the study is that on average if you want to have better testosterone levels, don't smoke, don't allow yourself to become obese, get married, and stay married, also think really hard about things like exercise, diet, and lifestyle, these things all have a significant impact for the better and can mitigate the ravages of the inevitable aging process and natural testosterone decline.
The research study findings were delivered by Dr. Andre Araugo who was a vice president of epidemiology at the New England Research Institutes, Watertown, MA.
Contact Us Now
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
- A New Link Between Testosterone and the Prevention of Dementia in Women - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Women Make Better Money Managers - April 30th, 2020
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - April 28th, 2020
- Testosterone Drug, Androxal, Helped Gay Cubans Have More Sex - April 10th, 2020
- Androxal Meets its Testosterone Study Goals - April 1st, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low on Testosterone? No Problem! - February 10th, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - September 16th, 2019
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 2nd, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Richard Bebb - Testosterone, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome - Video - August 21st, 2019
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - August 11th, 2019
- TEFINA: Nasal Spray That Can Increase Female Orgasms - Video - August 10th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - August 9th, 2019
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - August 1st, 2019
- Behavior and Lifestyle Linked to the Effect of Declining Testosterone, Not Necessarily Natural Aging - July 31st, 2019
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - July 28th, 2019
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - July 20th, 2019
- Some experts say testosterone decline is a normal part of aging in men - July 14th, 2019
- The Secret to Guys Sex Appeal: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - July 7th, 2019
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - July 4th, 2019
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - March 17th, 2019
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - March 16th, 2019
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - March 16th, 2019
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - March 15th, 2019
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - August 9th, 2016
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
Word Count: 1081