Anyone asking the question does Andro 400 work might want to first ponder a relevant question:
Does higher testosterone result in lower body fat or does lower body fat result in higher testosterone?
That questions relevant because the marketers of Andro 400 are angling their Ageless Male-like product at guys who are middle-aged and older with the notion that if we boost our testosterone, the fat will start falling off.
But if youre one of the guys asking does Andro 400 work, you should know an important fact first: A high fat level results in lower testosterone. Body fat, especially the kind accumulated in the belly area, raises estradiol levels. This heightened amount of endogenous female hormone can squelch testosterone in a man as likely as would the accidental ingestion of a handful of womens estrogen pills.
But testosterone, if marginally raised by a high enough amount, can help burn calories and fat stores as well. This might turn the whole issue of testosterone and body fat into the quintessential chicken and egg question of which comes first. Thus, to answer the question does Andro 400 work, one must really ask a two-fold question:
The answer to the question does Andro 400 work basically boils down to whether theres any plant extract in the world that somehow stimulates testosterone production in the body.
Does Andro 400 Work? The Research being cited
To address the question does Andro 400 work, we first need to analyze the ingredients of the product. The companys website claims that each capsule of Andro 400 contains 300 mg. of pure eurycoma longifolia. It also claims that dosage instructions for the product are 2 tablets per day for most men. It goes on to say that some men with very low testosterone might need 3 to 4 capsules per day to see results they desire.
First off, eurycoma longifolia is nothing new; its a product thats been around for a while. Its the name of a flowering plant native mostly to Indonesia and Malaysia, but is found in smaller amounts within other Southeast Asian countries. The roots of the plant are often boiled in order to remove the extract thats claimed by some marketers to be a testosterone booster. In marketing or street vernacular, the product is referred to as either Tongkat Ali or Longjack.
On the Andro 400 website, its interesting to see that the first study cited is one in which exogenous testosterone was administered. The website claims (without references) that a Swedish study showed 9 of 11 men who received supplemental testosterone for six weeks experienced reductions in waist and hip circumference. Whats important is that this was an outside-the-body source of testosterone that was administered to the research subjects. It hardly adds direct credibility to the idea that Andro 400 will be effective in burning body fat. The obvious question is whether the eurycoma longifolia present in Andro 400 will raise testosterone enough (if at all) to produce similar results.
'Low Testosterone': Is it really due to aging or is it more a result of carrying excess body fat?
Undoubtedly, thereve been studies demonstrating that dosage-dependent increases in testosterone can make a significant difference in the ease with which body fat is shed. Thats the good news. When T-levels go up, existing body fat is more easily lost and adipose tissue is less easily deposited. In one such study, 54 healthy young men were put through a 20 week, randomized, double-blind test in which five different doses of testosterone enanthate were administered. The men, ranging in age from 18 to 35, were given a weekly dose of 25, 50, 125, 300, or 600 mg. of the exogenous testosterone. Although the study delved into such particulars as to the regional distribution of adipose tissue as related to increased testosterone, the takeaway is that there was a correlation between the dose of testosterone increase and the amount of fat loss; the guys getting 600 mg. per week lost the most fat.
But a positive answer to the question does Andro 400 work depends on whether 300 to 1,200 mg. of eurycoma longifolia will raise natural testosterone to any similar degree.
The Andro 400 website points out a rat study for its claim that eurycoma longifolia will do exactly that. This study is often cited by those promoting longjack as a testosterone booster. It was done back in 2000 at the University of Malaysia. In the experiment, the castrated male rodents were given orally administered doses of long jack at 200, 400, and 800 mg. /kg. of body weight, twice-per-day. Results showed that the rats demonstrated improved sexual performance from the eurycoma longifolia extract in a dose-dependent manner.
What never seems to be pointed out about this study by product marketers is the dosage used. Even the lowest dosage given to the rats (200 mg. /kg. twice daily) would equate to a daily intake of well over 30 grams of the extract for a 180-pound man.
What? The rats got the equivalent of thirty grams daily of the extract? Nothing on the market containing longjack even comes close to that. Andro 400 provides a whopping dosage of 1,200 mg. at its highest recommended usage. Even if someone downed thirty grams, the possibility of toxicity would likely become an issue.
Testosterone Boosting: Evidence Provides the First Step
Many guys asking the question does Andro 400 work should probably take note of a recent study released by the Endocrine Society. The research, done over five years on nearly 1400 men with an average age of 54 years, showed no significant age-related decline in testosterone. Instead, researchers observed that changes in habits and health caused declines in the hormone more than did aging itself. One of the negative changes noted in the study was obesity; a significant gain in body fat.
This makes sense given that body fat increases the amount of a testosterone-to-estrogen conversion hormone in a mans body. Once higher estrogen levels begin occupying the receptor sites where testosterone once resided, the loop-feedback that signals more testosterone to be produced is sort of put to sleep.
Can a product like Andro 400 awaken it and cause body fat to drop via higher testosterone?
Or does lower body fat need to first exist for testosterone to have a hope of being raised in the first place?
If I were a betting man, Id wager on the latter being the case.
However, if youve tried Andro 400 or any other eurycoma longifolia product and you think it worked for you, wed welcome your comments.
Follow this link:
Word Count: 1062
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - December 15th, 2018
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - December 15th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - December 5th, 2018
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - December 5th, 2018
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 8th, 2018
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 7th, 2018
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - July 10th, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - June 26th, 2018
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - June 26th, 2018
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - June 26th, 2018
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - June 26th, 2018
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - June 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - May 31st, 2018
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - May 31st, 2018
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - May 31st, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - May 25th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - May 23rd, 2018
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - May 22nd, 2018
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - May 17th, 2018
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - May 16th, 2018
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - May 9th, 2018
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - May 5th, 2018
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - May 3rd, 2018
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - May 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - May 1st, 2018
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 1st, 2018
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015