Anyone asking the question does Andro 400 work might want to first ponder a relevant question:
Does higher testosterone result in lower body fat or does lower body fat result in higher testosterone?
That questions relevant because the marketers of Andro 400 are angling their Ageless Male-like product at guys who are middle-aged and older with the notion that if we boost our testosterone, the fat will start falling off.
But if youre one of the guys asking does Andro 400 work, you should know an important fact first: A high fat level results in lower testosterone. Body fat, especially the kind accumulated in the belly area, raises estradiol levels. This heightened amount of endogenous female hormone can squelch testosterone in a man as likely as would the accidental ingestion of a handful of womens estrogen pills.
But testosterone, if marginally raised by a high enough amount, can help burn calories and fat stores as well. This might turn the whole issue of testosterone and body fat into the quintessential chicken and egg question of which comes first. Thus, to answer the question does Andro 400 work, one must really ask a two-fold question:
The answer to the question does Andro 400 work basically boils down to whether theres any plant extract in the world that somehow stimulates testosterone production in the body.
Does Andro 400 Work? The Research being cited
To address the question does Andro 400 work, we first need to analyze the ingredients of the product. The companys website claims that each capsule of Andro 400 contains 300 mg. of pure eurycoma longifolia. It also claims that dosage instructions for the product are 2 tablets per day for most men. It goes on to say that some men with very low testosterone might need 3 to 4 capsules per day to see results they desire.
First off, eurycoma longifolia is nothing new; its a product thats been around for a while. Its the name of a flowering plant native mostly to Indonesia and Malaysia, but is found in smaller amounts within other Southeast Asian countries. The roots of the plant are often boiled in order to remove the extract thats claimed by some marketers to be a testosterone booster. In marketing or street vernacular, the product is referred to as either Tongkat Ali or Longjack.
On the Andro 400 website, its interesting to see that the first study cited is one in which exogenous testosterone was administered. The website claims (without references) that a Swedish study showed 9 of 11 men who received supplemental testosterone for six weeks experienced reductions in waist and hip circumference. Whats important is that this was an outside-the-body source of testosterone that was administered to the research subjects. It hardly adds direct credibility to the idea that Andro 400 will be effective in burning body fat. The obvious question is whether the eurycoma longifolia present in Andro 400 will raise testosterone enough (if at all) to produce similar results.
'Low Testosterone': Is it really due to aging or is it more a result of carrying excess body fat?
Undoubtedly, thereve been studies demonstrating that dosage-dependent increases in testosterone can make a significant difference in the ease with which body fat is shed. Thats the good news. When T-levels go up, existing body fat is more easily lost and adipose tissue is less easily deposited. In one such study, 54 healthy young men were put through a 20 week, randomized, double-blind test in which five different doses of testosterone enanthate were administered. The men, ranging in age from 18 to 35, were given a weekly dose of 25, 50, 125, 300, or 600 mg. of the exogenous testosterone. Although the study delved into such particulars as to the regional distribution of adipose tissue as related to increased testosterone, the takeaway is that there was a correlation between the dose of testosterone increase and the amount of fat loss; the guys getting 600 mg. per week lost the most fat.
But a positive answer to the question does Andro 400 work depends on whether 300 to 1,200 mg. of eurycoma longifolia will raise natural testosterone to any similar degree.
The Andro 400 website points out a rat study for its claim that eurycoma longifolia will do exactly that. This study is often cited by those promoting longjack as a testosterone booster. It was done back in 2000 at the University of Malaysia. In the experiment, the castrated male rodents were given orally administered doses of long jack at 200, 400, and 800 mg. /kg. of body weight, twice-per-day. Results showed that the rats demonstrated improved sexual performance from the eurycoma longifolia extract in a dose-dependent manner.
What never seems to be pointed out about this study by product marketers is the dosage used. Even the lowest dosage given to the rats (200 mg. /kg. twice daily) would equate to a daily intake of well over 30 grams of the extract for a 180-pound man.
What? The rats got the equivalent of thirty grams daily of the extract? Nothing on the market containing longjack even comes close to that. Andro 400 provides a whopping dosage of 1,200 mg. at its highest recommended usage. Even if someone downed thirty grams, the possibility of toxicity would likely become an issue.
Testosterone Boosting: Evidence Provides the First Step
Many guys asking the question does Andro 400 work should probably take note of a recent study released by the Endocrine Society. The research, done over five years on nearly 1400 men with an average age of 54 years, showed no significant age-related decline in testosterone. Instead, researchers observed that changes in habits and health caused declines in the hormone more than did aging itself. One of the negative changes noted in the study was obesity; a significant gain in body fat.
This makes sense given that body fat increases the amount of a testosterone-to-estrogen conversion hormone in a mans body. Once higher estrogen levels begin occupying the receptor sites where testosterone once resided, the loop-feedback that signals more testosterone to be produced is sort of put to sleep.
Can a product like Andro 400 awaken it and cause body fat to drop via higher testosterone?
Or does lower body fat need to first exist for testosterone to have a hope of being raised in the first place?
If I were a betting man, Id wager on the latter being the case.
However, if youve tried Andro 400 or any other eurycoma longifolia product and you think it worked for you, wed welcome your comments.
Follow this link:
Contact Us Now
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - January 9th, 2021
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - January 6th, 2021
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 25th, 2020
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - December 24th, 2020
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - December 20th, 2020
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - December 18th, 2020
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - December 12th, 2020
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - December 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 5th, 2020
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 3rd, 2020
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - December 3rd, 2020
- Low-T and Your Health - November 30th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - November 19th, 2020
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 12th, 2020
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - November 9th, 2020
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 8th, 2020
- Intricate relationship between Oestrogen & Testosterone XXY Guys (Klinefelters' syndrome) - Video - November 7th, 2020
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 5th, 2020
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - October 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - October 20th, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - October 19th, 2020
- Testosterone levels in older men - October 17th, 2020
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - September 30th, 2020
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 1st, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - July 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - June 29th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - May 21st, 2020
- How to Raise Testosterone Naturally. Sermorelin - Some Have Called It A The New Fountain of Youth. A Natural Cure for Anxiety and Depression. - May 9th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
- A New Link Between Testosterone and the Prevention of Dementia in Women - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Women Make Better Money Managers - April 30th, 2020
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - April 28th, 2020
- Testosterone Drug, Androxal, Helped Gay Cubans Have More Sex - April 10th, 2020
- Androxal Meets its Testosterone Study Goals - April 1st, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low on Testosterone? No Problem! - February 10th, 2020
- Dr. Richard Bebb - Testosterone, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome - Video - January 21st, 2020
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 2nd, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 2nd, 2019
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - August 12th, 2019
- TEFINA: Nasal Spray That Can Increase Female Orgasms - August 10th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - August 9th, 2019
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - August 1st, 2019
- Behavior and Lifestyle Linked to the Effect of Declining Testosterone, Not Necessarily Natural Aging - July 31st, 2019
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - July 28th, 2019
- Some experts say testosterone decline is a normal part of aging in men - July 14th, 2019
- The Secret to Guys Sex Appeal: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - July 7th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
Word Count: 1062