Video Download: Five Facts About Testosterone That Maybe You Didnt Know
Video Stream: Five Facts About Testosterone That Maybe You Didnt Know
Have you been a bit moody lately? Always feeling fatigued? Lacking motivation? Depressed about your lack of sex drive, or inability to perform in the bedroom?
Then Maybe That Dreaded “Low-T” Syndrome has Struck
Face reality. It may be time to have your testosterone checked.
Similar to how important estrogen is for a woman, an adequate level of testosterone is just as crucial to a man.
Testosterone is primarily a male hormone, and men have significantly higher levels of testosterone flowing through their veins than women.
When those levels drop (usually due to aging), men feel it, and it's devastating in all critical areas of a man's life: physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Here are five things you need to know that will allow you to understand better how this masculine hormone functions, and why you may need to have your testosterone levels checked...
- Low testosterone is not just a concern of aging men. While it is true that levels begin to decline after about 25-30 years old, low levels can occur at any age. Men in their early 20s and 30s can be at risk for low concentrations, especially if they have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and testicular failure. A low level is considered less than 300 ng/dL total testosterone and under 35 pg/mL for free testosterone.
- The type and timing of testosterone release are essential. Testosterone is highest in the morning (hence those morning erections), so, therefore, men should have their blood drawn before 9 a.m. — closer to 8 a.m. is even better. In addition, it is essential to look at both the total and free testosterone levels, in addition to sex hormone-binding globulin, also referred to as SHBG. SHBG will bind up excess testosterone (and estrogen) to keep it in check. The higher the SHBG, the lower the testosterone levels.
- If testosterone over-converts into estrogen, you're at risk. You may suffer from mood swings, weight gain, and breast development. This process is called aromatization. If this is a problem, it is vital that your estrogen is tested as well.
- Some testosterone converts into dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. DHT is the most potent androgen, and if it's too high, it can cause aggression, anger, mood swings, prostate problems, and male pattern baldness. This increase in DHT is due to an enzyme known as 5-alpha reductase. Elevated 5-alpha reductase is often due to genetics. However, there are pharmaceutical and natural options to help. It is important to recognize that testosterone is more than just testosterone by itself, as the bigger picture must be evaluated.
- Typical symptoms of low testosterone are varied. Fatigue, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction (ED), low bone mass, loss of lean muscle mass, weight gain, depression, decreased strength, and blood sugar issues... these are all common but do not have to occur at once. For example, you may still have your sex drive but feel moody and unmotivated, or start gaining weight despite exercise and a healthy diet.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is tricky since once it is started, it usually does not stop.
Therefore, consider exploring other options for raising testosterone such as lowering aromatization and blocking the 5-alpha reductase enzyme.
This can sometimes be accomplished by more natural methods such as exercise, nutritional changes, reducing stress, getting more sleep and taking supplements.
Taking testosterone can also reduce sperm count, so those looking to become fathers should always talk with their doctors first.
TRT can be administered by a wide array of methods: injections, pills, sublingual tablets, creams, gels, or pellets.
You may need to try one form before switching to a different type if it is not working.
Blood work to check red blood cells and platelets, lipids, liver enzymes, and blood sugar is often required when taking testosterone due to the potential risks.
Not every man is a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy.
A full health history, physical, and lab work are usually required before any prescription is given.
If you think you may be at risk of “Low-T,” or are unsure if you are an ideal candidate for the therapy, strongly consider making an appointment with your physician for more information.
Word Count: 702
Contact Us Now
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - December 15th, 2018
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - December 15th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - December 5th, 2018
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - December 5th, 2018
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 8th, 2018
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 7th, 2018
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - July 10th, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - June 26th, 2018
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - June 26th, 2018
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - June 26th, 2018
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - June 26th, 2018
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - June 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - May 31st, 2018
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - May 31st, 2018
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - May 31st, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - May 25th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - May 23rd, 2018
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - May 22nd, 2018
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - May 17th, 2018
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - May 9th, 2018
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - May 5th, 2018
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - May 3rd, 2018
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - May 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - May 1st, 2018
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 1st, 2018
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015