Video Download: Five Facts About Testosterone That Maybe You Didnt Know
Video Stream: Five Facts About Testosterone That Maybe You Didnt Know
Have you been a bit moody lately? Always feeling fatigued? Lacking motivation? Depressed about your lack of sex drive, or inability to perform in the bedroom?
Then Maybe That Dreaded “Low-T” Syndrome has Struck
Face reality. It may be time to have your testosterone checked.
Similar to how vital estrogen is for a woman, an adequate level of testosterone is just as crucial to a man.
Testosterone is primarily a male hormone, and men have significantly higher levels of testosterone flowing through their veins than women.
When those levels drop (usually due to aging), men feel it, and it's devastating in all critical areas of a man's life: physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Here are five things you need to know that will allow you to understand better how this masculine hormone functions, and why you may need to have your testosterone levels checked...
- Low testosterone is not just a concern of aging men. While it is true that levels begin to decline after about 25-30 years old, low levels can occur at any age. Men in their early 20s and 30s can be at risk for low concentrations, especially if they have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and testicular failure. A low level is considered less than 300 ng/dL total testosterone and under 35 pg/mL for free testosterone.
- The type and timing of testosterone release are essential. Testosterone is highest in the morning (hence those morning erections), so, therefore, men should have their blood drawn before 9 a.m. — closer to 8 a.m. is even better. Also, it is essential to look at both the total and free testosterone levels, in addition to sex hormone-binding globulin, also referred to as SHBG. SHBG will bind up excess testosterone (and estrogen) to keep it in check — the higher the SHBG, the lower the testosterone levels.
- If testosterone over-converts into estrogen, you're at risk. You may suffer from mood swings, weight gain, and breast development. This process is called aromatization. If this is a problem, it is vital that your estrogen is tested as well.
- Some testosterone converts into dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. DHT is the most potent androgen, and if it's too high, it can cause aggression, anger, mood swings, prostate problems, and male pattern baldness. This increase in DHT is due to an enzyme known as 5-alpha reductase. Elevated 5-alpha reductase is often due to genetics. However, there are pharmaceutical and natural options to help. It is important to recognize that testosterone is more than just testosterone by itself, as the bigger picture must be evaluated.
- Typical symptoms of low testosterone are varied. Fatigue, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction (ED), low bone mass, loss of lean muscle mass, weight gain, depression, decreased strength, and blood sugar issues... these are all common but do not have to occur at once. For example, you may still have your sex drive but feel moody and unmotivated, or start gaining weight despite exercise and a healthy diet.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is tricky since once it is started, it usually does not stop.
Therefore, consider exploring other options for raising testosterone such as lowering aromatization and blocking the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme.
This can sometimes be accomplished by more natural methods such as exercise, nutritional changes, reducing stress, getting more sleep and taking supplements.
Taking testosterone can also reduce sperm count, so those looking to become fathers should always talk with their doctors first.
TRT can be administered by a wide array of methods: injections, pills, sublingual tablets, creams, gels, or pellets.
You may need to try one form before switching to a different type if it is not working.
Blood work to check red blood cells and platelets, lipids, liver enzymes, and blood sugar is often required when taking testosterone due to the potential risks.
Not every man is a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy.
A full health history, physical, and lab work are usually required before any prescription is given.
If you think you may be at risk of “Low-T,” or are unsure if you are an ideal candidate for the therapy, strongly consider making an appointment with your physician for more information.
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - September 16th, 2019
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 2nd, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Richard Bebb - Testosterone, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome - Video - August 21st, 2019
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - August 12th, 2019
- Low testosterone levels may affect man's sex drive and affect his intimate relationships - August 11th, 2019
- TEFINA: Nasal Spray That Can Increase Female Orgasms - Video - August 10th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - August 9th, 2019
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - August 1st, 2019
- Behavior and Lifestyle Linked to the Effect of Declining Testosterone, Not Necessarily Natural Aging - July 31st, 2019
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - July 28th, 2019
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - July 20th, 2019
- Green tea could mask testosterone doping - July 14th, 2019
- Some experts say testosterone decline is a normal part of aging in men - July 14th, 2019
- The Secret to Guys’ Sex Appeal: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - July 7th, 2019
- Low on testosterone? No problem - July 7th, 2019
- Is testosterone the new drug of choice on Wall Street? How traders are using male hormone booster shots to maintain a ... - July 4th, 2019
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - March 17th, 2019
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - March 16th, 2019
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - March 15th, 2019
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - August 9th, 2016
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
Contact Us Now
How useful was this post?
Click on a smiley face to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Word Count: 707