Are you experiencing a low sex drive?
It's more common than you think! Low testosterone affects both men AND women. Both sexes also experience a lack of energy, a decrease in bone density, and muscle mass.
In general, men start to lose testosterone after the age of 40, as their bodies gradually produce less and less with each passing year.
Video Download: How Low Testosterone Could Be Deadly
Video Stream: How Low Testosterone Could Be Deadly
It is not unusual for women to seek help with a doctor for any type of ailment, but it is for men. Men tend to be more embarrassed about their issues, especially when it comes to sexual matters, like ED, and want to just "deal with it." Amazingly, about 95 percent of men with low-T go untreated. Now, research has found that ignoring these issues can have deadly consequences.
“I knew there was something wrong. I just couldn't put the finger on what it was,” said Jon Yaskowitz of Glendale, NJ. Jon is a man who has been struggling with low testosterone, or hypogonadism, for almost 20 years!
The symptoms he experienced over this long timespan were chronic fatigue, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, lowered physical strength, and overall general sadness. “It was getting incredibly difficult to do normal activities that I used to do,” he says.
Low Testosterone Can Be a Sign of Heart Disease
Sexual issues induced by low testosterone can lead to heart problems -- and serious ones. Men experiencing ED are at an increased risk for heart attacks and strokes within just three years of when it started. Low testosterone is linked to a whole host of other major health problems, however.
These other issues include diabetes, obesity, and hip fractures. The most common complication with low testosterone is diabetes, as men are four times as likely to get diabetes if they are also suffering from low-T. Also, 70% of men who go to a doctor with hip fractures have low testosterone, as well as a 20% mortality rate!
In terms of heart attacks, one-third of men who have one also have low-T indicating some sort of relationship between low-T and heart attacks. Correlation does not equal causation, however, and more research must be done. It is interesting, though, because the heart is a muscle, and testosterone is a hormone that has a direct relationship with our muscle growth and health.
The Science Behind Testosterone and Improved Heart Health
Unfortunately, the literature and science behind how safe testosterone replacement therapy for men are riddled with controversy, and there have been conflicting results found by researchers.
However, in a more recent study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, the findings indicate that 2,400 men in the age group 70-90 years of age were less likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke if their testosterone levels were in the higher range, as compared to men with the lowest levels of testosterone.
The lead author of the study, Asa Tivesten of the Sahlgrenska University Hospital, stated, “What we can say is that elderly men with high testosterone levels are relatively protected against cardiovascular events, and therefore lower testosterone levels is a marker for increased cardiovascular risk.”
In the same study, when the researchers accounted for health factors, including obesity, the men in the “highest-testosterone group” showed a 30% lower risk of heart disease or stroke compared to the other three-quarters of the subjects.
Contact our Testosterone Clinic to Get Tested
Thankfully, Jon Yaskowitz caught his symptoms relatively early in life – at 41 years old – despite suffering for two decades before that.
He says, “It was the best thing I ever did.” If you feel like Jon was, even if you're still considered “young,” do not wait to get your levels tested. It is so easy to do! All you have to do is call our clinic or fill out the simple contact form on our webpage, and we will set you up with a local blood screening clinic. Nobody wants to suffer from a heart attack or stroke when it could be something as easy as balancing your hormones to prevent one!
Contact Us Now
- Ester Marsh: Low testosterone and exercise - November 6th, 2020
- It is the rare man who has low T - November 4th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Linked to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - September 10th, 2020
- Hypotestosteronism - Low Testosterone and Hypogonadism - June 12th, 2020
- The Effects of Marijuana on Testosterone Production - May 16th, 2020
- The History, Myths and Misconceptions of Testosterone - May 13th, 2020
- Can Testosterone Deficiency Cause or Contribute to Feelings of Depression? - May 6th, 2020
- Methadone Suppresses Testosterone Production in Men - May 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - April 9th, 2019
- Truth About Testosterone Quiz: Low Testosterone and Axiron - April 2nd, 2019
- Low Testosterone Explained - WebMD - July 29th, 2016
- Testosterone therapy: Potential benefits and risks as you age - Mayo Clinic - July 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone in Men - Hormone Health Network - May 9th, 2016
- 7 Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Women - May 9th, 2016
- Low Male Testosterone Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone (Low-T) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - eMedicineHealth - April 17th, 2016
- How can I boost my testosterone level? - WebMD Answers - April 10th, 2016
- Increase Low Testosterone Levels with Testosterone-Rx ... - February 8th, 2016
- Low Testosterone and Your Health - WebMD - October 29th, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Steroid .com - October 22nd, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 5th, 2015
- Is Low Testosterone Affecting Your Health? - August 8th, 2015
- Low Testosterone (Low-T): Get Facts on Levels and Treatment - August 7th, 2015
- Low Testosterone in Men With Diabetes - July 6th, 2015
- testosterone low , low testosterone effects , how to treat low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- do i have low testosterone , symptoms low testosterone , supplements for low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- low testosterone causes , what causes low testosterone , signs of low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone levels by age , low testosterone levels - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone t , on testosterone booster , best testosterone product - Video - May 4th, 2015
- testosterone shots cost , testosterone suppliments , herbs for testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- free testosterone , high testosterone , testosterone shots , what does testosterone do - Video - May 4th, 2015
- muscle building testosterone , healthy testosterone boosters , healthy testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- testosterone for muscle mass , best testosterone booster for mass - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Myths and Misconceptions around Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - May 4th, 2015
- effects of low testosterone , low testosterone , what is low testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- low testosterone level , buy testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Cure Intro - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- low male testosterone , how to increase low testosterone in males , raising testosterone levels - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- symptoms of low testosterone , causes of low testosterone - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Luke McNally - Low Vitamin D may cause low testosterone - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy Risks and Benefits - Video - April 25th, 2015
- Too Much Estrogen? Every Man Should Watch This! - Video - April 24th, 2015
- The Truth About Low Testosterone - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Men Lose 90% of their Testosterone from age 25 to age 70 - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Ageless Living - Topic: Low Testosterone - Video - April 17th, 2015
- 10 Foods That overcome low testosterone levels - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone - April 13th - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone help - Video - April 11th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment Center in St. Louis | Low T Therapy - April 4th, 2015
- Low-T in women can lead to obesity, study finds - April 2nd, 2015
- Men's Health Show | Low-T, Prostate, Robotic Surgery - Video - March 30th, 2015
- How can we find out if my husband has low testosterone? - Video - March 29th, 2015
- Increase testosterone supplements - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How to increase your testosterone - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How Even Borderline Low T Might Affect Your Health - Video - March 14th, 2015
- Feel Like You are 25 Again,Low Testosterone, Testosterone solution - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Antares Announces Positive Pharmacokinetic Results From QuickShot Phase 3 Study - February 25th, 2015
- Low Testosterone anxiety - Men's Health - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- low libido High Testosterone - Urology - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy | Men's Health - February 23rd, 2015
- Valentine's Day is an important day for men's health - Video - February 18th, 2015
- Treatments for Low Testosterone from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th Edition - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Testosterone treatment soars, but is it the answer? - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Why is Low Testosterone so Common - Video - February 12th, 2015
- 7 ways hormones improve your quality of life - February 5th, 2015
- Low Testosterone In Women - VieNue Bioidentical ... - February 1st, 2015
- Low T | How To Increase Testosterone Naturally - February 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Symptoms | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 31st, 2015
- Low Testosterone | Symptoms, Causes, Treatments - January 30th, 2015
- Analysis Rejects Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk - January 28th, 2015
- Bodybuilding supplement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - January 11th, 2015
- Strategy Might Thwart Resistance to a Common Prostate Cancer Treatment - January 10th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment for Men Insurance Accepted ... - December 29th, 2014
- What is Testosterone? | Boston Medical Group - December 29th, 2014
- Renew Male Review: Fix Low Testosterone With Natural Booster - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Symptoms of A Low Testosterone Level How To Know Quickly - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Heart Disease - December 17th, 2014
- The ONE Hormone That Makes You FAT and Kills Your SEX Drive - Video - December 12th, 2014
Word Count: 675