Thanks to a brilliant marketing campaign, there has been increased awareness amongst men of the condition known as Low T an easier way to relate to testosterone deficiency.
A number of young adults are wearing this badge with pride while showing off their newfound virility. At long last, they can blame their chronic fatigue, insomnia, poor work performance, depression and evaporation of libido to low testosterone levels.
This new syndrome was not developed through the effort of brilliant scientists, but by the El Lilly Company attempting to let everyone know how widespread testosterone deficiency is amongst men from age 30 onward. To make the problem easier to understand, and by using a nationwide campaign blitz, Low T is now a household world.
If you dont have it, youd better get it. After all, if you have it, you are part of the in crowd, working on anti aging and on the hope of being forever young. Numerous scholarly studies have indeed shown that in men over the age of 45, an average of 37 percent will have testosterone levels in the low normal but not deficient range.
Low testosterone does interfere with some critically important functions. The hormone is essential for the production of viable and healthy sperm, and it plays a role in libido, but not in regard to becoming aroused or having an erection.
It is not surprising, therefore, that a research study just published in The Annals of Internal Medicine showed that adding testosterone to the erectile dysfunction drug Viagra in men with low testosterone did not improve the quality of the erection in any way.
Testosterone is also essential for strong healthy muscles and bones, and when deficient, can lead to osteoporosis and weakness. These symptoms generally occur in men well beyond the age of 75 and are much rarer in men in their 60s
What is attracting men of all ages to Low T clinics, which have blossomed everywhere, are the non-specific symptoms that have been ascribed in part to low testosterone.
These include fatigue, reduced muscle mass and weakness, decreased sports performance, depression, increased body fat, decreased bone strength, loss of body hair, a need to shave less frequently and temporal crown baldness.
Whether in a doctors office or at a Low T clinic, patients are begging for a testosterone shot preferably combined with a Vitamin B12 injection to help their vim and vigor.
Because so many of the symptoms of low testosterone are non-specific and could be caused by stress, depression, sleep disorders and many other conditions, rushing to treat a younger patient with a testosterone injection or cream should be done with caution.
Testosterone should not be used as a panacea for more energy, better sleep habits or greater prowess on the tennis court or golf course. It should be used for far more serious problems such as infertility, muscle mass loss, osteoporosis and improving libido.
And testosterone is not without side effects. It can lead to prostate cancer and cause the prostate to enlarge, leading to symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, causing difficulty with voiding and emptying the bladder completely. Accidents can occur as well.
Prior to initiating treatment with testosterone, the Prostate-Specific Antigen test should be measured, and the patient examined to define the severity of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. And new evidence suggests that high risk may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
At the moment, therapy can be given as self administered injections every two weeks. This is the safest approach, as material can easily be discarded to avoid contamination of others.
There are testosterone creams available that are effective, easy to use but very expensive. And if a woman, child or pet comes in contact with cream, virilization can occur.
The most important positive endpoints of treatment are improved libido, more muscle strength, less fatigue and less osteoporosis.
And remember: There are significant side effects such as acne, hirsutism, male pattern baldness, seborrhea, breast soreness, priapism (a painful enlarged penis), bladder irritability, headache, virilization, liver damage and bleeding tendencies.
Sadly, hormone replacement with testosterone for men, and estrogen and progesterone for women, is not the fountain of youth. And the long-term side effects are more serious than any short-term benefit.
- Increased Fat Intake Could Boost Moderate Low Testosterone Levels - June 13th, 2021
- Low Testosterone In Women - VieNue Bioidentical ... - May 30th, 2021
- Truth About Testosterone Quiz: Low Testosterone and Axiron - April 26th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - March 13th, 2021
- Ester Marsh: Low testosterone and exercise - November 6th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Linked to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - September 10th, 2020
- Hypotestosteronism - Low Testosterone and Hypogonadism - June 12th, 2020
- The Effects of Marijuana on Testosterone Production - May 16th, 2020
- The History, Myths and Misconceptions of Testosterone - May 13th, 2020
- Can Testosterone Deficiency Cause or Contribute to Feelings of Depression? - May 6th, 2020
- Methadone Suppresses Testosterone Production in Men - May 5th, 2020
- How Low Testosterone Could Be Deadly - April 24th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Explained - WebMD - July 29th, 2016
- Testosterone therapy: Potential benefits and risks as you age - Mayo Clinic - July 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone in Men - Hormone Health Network - May 9th, 2016
- 7 Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Women - May 9th, 2016
- Low Male Testosterone Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone (Low-T) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - eMedicineHealth - April 17th, 2016
- How can I boost my testosterone level? - WebMD Answers - April 10th, 2016
- Increase Low Testosterone Levels with Testosterone-Rx ... - February 8th, 2016
- Low Testosterone and Your Health - WebMD - October 29th, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Steroid .com - October 22nd, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 5th, 2015
- Is Low Testosterone Affecting Your Health? - August 8th, 2015
- Low Testosterone (Low-T): Get Facts on Levels and Treatment - August 7th, 2015
- Low Testosterone in Men With Diabetes - July 6th, 2015
- testosterone low , low testosterone effects , how to treat low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- do i have low testosterone , symptoms low testosterone , supplements for low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- low testosterone causes , what causes low testosterone , signs of low testosterone - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone levels by age , low testosterone levels - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone t , on testosterone booster , best testosterone product - Video - May 4th, 2015
- testosterone shots cost , testosterone suppliments , herbs for testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- free testosterone , high testosterone , testosterone shots , what does testosterone do - Video - May 4th, 2015
- muscle building testosterone , healthy testosterone boosters , healthy testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- testosterone for muscle mass , best testosterone booster for mass - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Myths and Misconceptions around Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - May 4th, 2015
- effects of low testosterone , low testosterone , what is low testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- low testosterone level , buy testosterone - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Cure Intro - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- low male testosterone , how to increase low testosterone in males , raising testosterone levels - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- symptoms of low testosterone , causes of low testosterone - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Luke McNally - Low Vitamin D may cause low testosterone - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy Risks and Benefits - Video - April 25th, 2015
- Too Much Estrogen? Every Man Should Watch This! - Video - April 24th, 2015
- The Truth About Low Testosterone - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Men Lose 90% of their Testosterone from age 25 to age 70 - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Ageless Living - Topic: Low Testosterone - Video - April 17th, 2015
- 10 Foods That overcome low testosterone levels - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone - April 13th - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone help - Video - April 11th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment Center in St. Louis | Low T Therapy - April 4th, 2015
- Low-T in women can lead to obesity, study finds - April 2nd, 2015
- Men's Health Show | Low-T, Prostate, Robotic Surgery - Video - March 30th, 2015
- How can we find out if my husband has low testosterone? - Video - March 29th, 2015
- Increase testosterone supplements - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How to increase your testosterone - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How Even Borderline Low T Might Affect Your Health - Video - March 14th, 2015
- Feel Like You are 25 Again,Low Testosterone, Testosterone solution - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Antares Announces Positive Pharmacokinetic Results From QuickShot Phase 3 Study - February 25th, 2015
- Low Testosterone anxiety - Men's Health - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- low libido High Testosterone - Urology - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy | Men's Health - February 23rd, 2015
- Valentine's Day is an important day for men's health - Video - February 18th, 2015
- Treatments for Low Testosterone from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th Edition - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Testosterone treatment soars, but is it the answer? - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Why is Low Testosterone so Common - Video - February 12th, 2015
- 7 ways hormones improve your quality of life - February 5th, 2015
- Low T | How To Increase Testosterone Naturally - February 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Symptoms | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 31st, 2015
- Low Testosterone | Symptoms, Causes, Treatments - January 30th, 2015
- Analysis Rejects Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk - January 28th, 2015
- Bodybuilding supplement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - January 11th, 2015
- Strategy Might Thwart Resistance to a Common Prostate Cancer Treatment - January 10th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment for Men Insurance Accepted ... - December 29th, 2014
- What is Testosterone? | Boston Medical Group - December 29th, 2014
- Renew Male Review: Fix Low Testosterone With Natural Booster - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Symptoms of A Low Testosterone Level How To Know Quickly - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Heart Disease - December 17th, 2014
Word Count: 699