Low-T and Your Health
How Does the Body Produce Testosterone?
The production of Testosterone is the result of a cascade of hormone signals, with a cycle beginning at the hypothalamus. When the hypothalamus receives the signal to produce Testosterone, it releases a hormone known as Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone, usually referred to in scientific literature as GnRH. In both sexes, GnRH travels through the Hypophyseal Portal System from the Hypothalamus to the Pituitary, where it stimulates the production of two important hormones: Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
From here, the sex hormone cycle differs for both sexes. In women, Follicle Stimulating Hormone prepares for the release of an egg by stimulating the production of fluid pouches known as follicles which store the developed egg in preparation for fertilization. Luteinizing Hormone, on the other hand, encourages ovulation. In men, on the other hand, the two hormones are associated with the production of Testosterone and Sperm.
Luteinizing Hormone travels to the testes, where it activates cells known at Leydig Cells that are responsible for the production of Testosterone. Follicle-Stimulating Hormone travels to Sertoli Cells in the Testes, which encourage the production of sperm.
Some Testosterone that is produced by the testes is naturally converted into Estrogen by various tissues, including adipose fat tissue. Estrogen Levels in the male blood stream are monitored by the Hypothalamus, and Estrogen activates receptors in the Hypothalamus which modulate the release of upstream Testosterone Precursors, creating a cycle which is designed to maintain balanced Testosterone Production. When this hormone balance is disrupted, it contributes to Andropause.
What Causes Low-T?
There are three categories of Testosterone Deficiency, dependent upon the source of the deficiency: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Low-T.
Primary Testosterone Deficiency is the result of a malfunction of the testes which prevents Testosterone from being adequately produced to meet the needs of the body. This is a rare form of natural Low-T, and is generally the result of damage to the testes resulting from trauma, injury, surgery, cancer, or other illnesses.
Secondary Testosterone Deficiency is the result of inadequacies within the Pituitary Gland which prevent the body from producing the Testosterone that it needs. In general, Secondary Testosterone Deficiency is also quite rare. The pituitary generally retains its ability to produce the various hormones that are associated with the organ, and the issue tends to be that the organ does not receive the required stimulation to produce such hormones.
Tertiary Testosterone Deficiency is caused by changes in hypothalamic activity which contribute to the suppressed production of Testosterone. This is generally the root cause of Andropause, the age-related decline in Testosterone Production which leads to symptoms such as Loss of Sex Drive, Suppressed Libido, and unwanted changes in body composition.
How is Low-T Treated?
Depending on the form of Testosterone Treatment, there are a number of forms of Testosterone Therapy available for patients suffering from Low-T.
Primary Testosterone Deficiency Treatment
For patients suffering from Primary Testosterone Deficiency, the only form of treatment is Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy, but there are a variety of ways to deliver the therapy effectively, including Testosterone Patches, Creams, Injections, and Implants. These products provide a regular supply of Testosterone to sustain normal male health and physiology.
Secondary Testosterone Deficiency Treatment
For Secondary Testosterone Deficiency resulting from Pituitary Insufficiency, the range of options is slightly larger. All forms of Bio-Identical Low-T Therapy are effective, and these patients also have the opportunity to use HCG Therapy. HCG is a functional analogue of Luteinizing Hormone. It is a naturally occurring hormone that is produced by women, and, when used as a medical treatment in men, mimics the actions of Luteinizing Hormone in the male body, stimulating the production of Testosterone by the Leydig Cells.
Tertiary Testosterone Deficiency Treatment
Low-T caused by upstream issues with the hypothalamus have the widest range of options available. Both Testosterone Therapy and HCG can benefit patients with Tertiary Low-T, as well as hormones that alter the signaling patterns of the Hypothalamus. For example, Clomiphene Citrate is a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator which suppresses the negative feedback mechanism associated with Estrogen which inhibits the production of Testosterone, one of the leading contributors to Andropause. By reducing the influence of Estrogen on the Hypothalamus, it is possible to increase the production of Testosterone to more naturally healthy levels.
Combination Testosterone Therapy
Testosterone Therapy is the most popular treatment for Low-T, and it is often combined with other forms of treatment in order to maximize the success of therapy. These secondary treatments are combined with Testosterone Therapy in order to mitigate the side-effects that are sometimes associated with treatment.
Testosterone with HCG
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin can be used on its own as a means to enhance Testosterone Levels, and it can also be combined with Testosterone Therapy in order to sustain fertility and normal testicular function and appearance during therapy. When Bio-Identical Testosterone is prescribed on its own, it provides all of its great benefits but has two unavoidable side effects: Suppressed Fertility and Testicular Shrinkage. By adding Bio-Identical HCG to normal Testosterone Treatment, it is possible to eliminate these two side effects.
Testosterone with Estrogen Blockers
As we mentioned earlier, the presence of Testosterone in the blood stream encourages an elevation in Estrogen production due to the conversion of Testosterone into Estrogen. If the body is producing too much Estrogen, this can lead to symptoms such as gynecomastia and edema which can be problematic. By combining Estrogen Blockers with Low-T Therapy, it is possible to mitigate these symptoms of elevated Estrogen Levels in the blood stream, improving how the body takes to the treatment. Estrogen Blockers also help preserve fertility and prevent testicular shrinkage like HCG.
These Estrogen Blockers can also be used as a substitute for Testosterone at sufficient doses for some patients, especially those that are interested in having children while simultaneously benefiting from enhanced Testosterone Levels.
Testosterone with Human Growth Hormone
Many patients simultaneously suffer from multiple forms of Hormone Deficiency simultaneously. Both HGH Deficiency and Testosterone Deficiency are Age-Associated conditions which share many symptoms with one another. Many Hormone Clinics provide what is known as a Comprehensive Hormone Panel to provide the prescribing physician with a full set of health and hormone data which can accurately reveal a variety of hormone, health, and nutritional deficiencies.
HGH Restoration can be achieved through two primary mechanisms, Bio-Identical Human Growth Hormone Injections and Sermorelin Acetate Injections.
Contact Us Now
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - July 10th, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - June 26th, 2018
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - June 26th, 2018
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - June 26th, 2018
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - June 26th, 2018
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - June 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - May 31st, 2018
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - May 31st, 2018
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - May 31st, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - May 25th, 2018
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - May 23rd, 2018
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - May 22nd, 2018
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - May 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - May 16th, 2018
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - May 16th, 2018
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - May 9th, 2018
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - May 5th, 2018
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - May 3rd, 2018
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - May 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - May 1st, 2018
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 1st, 2018
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - October 9th, 2017
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - January 28th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - October 26th, 2015
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - October 24th, 2015
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - October 24th, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - October 12th, 2015
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - October 10th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - September 30th, 2015
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - September 28th, 2015
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - September 19th, 2015
- Seven Types of Drugs that Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - September 19th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - September 15th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 12th, 2015
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 11th, 2015
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 8th, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 1st, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015
- Depo-Testosterone Inj - Uses, Side Effects, Interactions ... - May 24th, 2015
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 8th, 2015
- testosterone creams , gamma o testosterone booster , testosterone support - Video - May 5th, 2015
- testosterone cream , what is testosterone booster , testosterone patch - Video - May 5th, 2015