It may surprise you to learn that testosterone is as essential to women's health as it is to men's.
Although testosterone belongs to a class of male hormones called androgens and was once considered an exclusively male hormone, research over the past decade demonstrates that this hormone also plays a definitive role in women's physical and psychological health.
Both testosterone and estrogen are produced by the ovaries. Relatively small quantities of testosterone are released into a women's bloodstream by the ovaries and also the adrenal glands.
In addition to being produced by the ovaries, estrogen is also produced by fat tissue in the body.
Both of these critical sex hormones are involved in the growth, maintenance, and repair of reproductive tissues, as well as other body tissues, bone mass, and particularly in their sex drive.
However, heightened libido is not the only benefit of testosterone; many women report that they have more energy and a greater sense of well-being when their testosterone levels are normal.
While there are a host of other symptoms, primary symptoms of low testosterone levels in women include low libido, painful intercourse, and fatigue. At menopause, women experience a decline in testosterone.
That decline may be correlated to reduced libido. Testosterone levels in women are known to also decrease during menopause or post-hysterectomy surgery, and removal of the ovaries. Testosterone levels are also known to drop due to the following:
Testosterone is not only important to a woman's sexual health, but also to her overall well-being. Other than a low sex drive, other symptoms that are associated with low testosterone levels in women may include:
A primary symptom of low testosterone is fatigue, a feeling of considerably less energy; one of constantly feeling tired and run down.
If it seems that doing a physical activity takes you longer with considerably more effort, or if post-workout or exercise recovery takes longer, you may be experiencing the effects of low T.
Ironically, because of the general feeling of malaise, many women may altogether stop working out, which can result in even poorer health and lower energy levels, and as they gain weight, and have more to carry around with less muscle to accomplish it, they more easily experience fatigue and general low energy.
Natural supplementation of this essential hormone may help you overcome exhaustion.
Testosterone is a vital component of female sexuality, enhancing interest in initiating sexual activity and responding to sexual stimulation.
In contrast to estrogen level dropoff, which dramatically falls at the time of menopause, testosterone levels naturally decline with age, particularly after the age of 40.
Total testosterone levels in women in their forties are approximately half of those of women in their twenties.
Since this hormone is directly linked to libido, rapid replenishment of testosterone is essential to the continuation of normal sexual health and enjoyment.
Replenishment of this essential hormone can be accomplished by the application of a 100% natural, plant-derived topical supplementation containing testosterone precursors believed to promote the body's own production of testosterone in a healthy, productive manner without falsely signaling the body to stop testosterone production, as is the case with synthetic testosterone.
Hot flashes, also known as hot flushes, or when they occur at night, night sweats, are a common symptom of menopause and perimenopause, typically experienced as a feeling of intense heat with sweating and rapid heartbeat, and may last from two to thirty minutes for each occurrence.
The sensation of heat usually begins in the face or chest, although it may appear elsewhere such as the back of the neck, and it can spread throughout the whole body. Some women pass out if the effects are strong enough. In addition to being an internal sensation, the surface of the skin, especially on the face, becomes hot to the touch.
This is the origin of the alternative term "hot flush," since the sensation of heat is often accompanied by visible reddening of the face. Excessive flushing can lead to rosacea.
Severe hot flashes can make it difficult to get a full night's sleep (often characterized as insomnia), which in turn can affect mood, impair concentration, and cause other physical problems.
When hot flashes occur at night, they are called "night sweats." As estrogen is typically lowest at night, some women get night sweats without having any hot flashes during the daytime.
In popular women's online forums, women who use supplements often report significant reduction and/or cessation of hot flashes.
Go here to see the original:
Low Testosterone In Women - VieNue Bioidentical ...
- Low Testosterone Means A Higher Risk Of Cardiac Problems - January 17th, 2022
- Marijuana and Testosterone Levels: Are Your Manboobs Caused by Smoking Weed? - October 19th, 2021
- Low Levels of Testosterone Linked to Sleep Apnea - September 29th, 2021
- Testosterone, Intelligence, and Your Brain - September 1st, 2021
- Increased Fat Intake Could Boost Moderate Low Testosterone Levels - June 13th, 2021
- Truth About Testosterone Quiz: Low Testosterone and Axiron - April 26th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - March 13th, 2021
- Ester Marsh: Low testosterone and exercise - November 6th, 2020
- It is the rare man who has low T - November 4th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Linked to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - September 10th, 2020
- Hypotestosteronism - Low Testosterone and Hypogonadism - June 12th, 2020
- The Effects of Marijuana on Testosterone Production - May 16th, 2020
- The History, Myths and Misconceptions of Testosterone - May 13th, 2020
- Can Testosterone Deficiency Cause or Contribute to Feelings of Depression? - May 6th, 2020
- Methadone Suppresses Testosterone Production in Men - May 5th, 2020
- How Low Testosterone Could Be Deadly - April 24th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Explained - WebMD - July 29th, 2016
- Testosterone therapy: Potential benefits and risks as you age - Mayo Clinic - July 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone in Men - Hormone Health Network - May 9th, 2016
- 7 Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Women - May 9th, 2016
- Low Male Testosterone Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone (Low-T) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - eMedicineHealth - April 17th, 2016
- How can I boost my testosterone level? - WebMD Answers - April 10th, 2016
- Increase Low Testosterone Levels with Testosterone-Rx ... - February 8th, 2016
- Low Testosterone and Your Health - WebMD - October 29th, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Steroid .com - October 22nd, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 5th, 2015
- Is Low Testosterone Affecting Your Health? - August 8th, 2015
- Low Testosterone (Low-T): Get Facts on Levels and Treatment - August 7th, 2015
- Low Testosterone in Men With Diabetes - July 6th, 2015
- Myths and Misconceptions around Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Cure Intro - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Luke McNally - Low Vitamin D may cause low testosterone - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy Risks and Benefits - Video - April 25th, 2015
- Too Much Estrogen? Every Man Should Watch This! - Video - April 24th, 2015
- The Truth About Low Testosterone - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Men Lose 90% of their Testosterone from age 25 to age 70 - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Ageless Living - Topic: Low Testosterone - Video - April 17th, 2015
- 10 Foods That overcome low testosterone levels - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone - April 13th - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone help - Video - April 11th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment Center in St. Louis | Low T Therapy - April 4th, 2015
- Low-T in women can lead to obesity, study finds - April 2nd, 2015
- Men's Health Show | Low-T, Prostate, Robotic Surgery - Video - March 30th, 2015
- How can we find out if my husband has low testosterone? - Video - March 29th, 2015
- Increase testosterone supplements - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How to increase your testosterone - Video - March 19th, 2015
- How Even Borderline Low T Might Affect Your Health - Video - March 14th, 2015
- Feel Like You are 25 Again,Low Testosterone, Testosterone solution - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Antares Announces Positive Pharmacokinetic Results From QuickShot Phase 3 Study - February 25th, 2015
- Low Testosterone anxiety - Men's Health - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- low libido High Testosterone - Urology - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy | Men's Health - February 23rd, 2015
- Valentine's Day is an important day for men's health - Video - February 18th, 2015
- Treatments for Low Testosterone from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th Edition - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Testosterone treatment soars, but is it the answer? - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Why is Low Testosterone so Common - Video - February 12th, 2015
- 7 ways hormones improve your quality of life - February 5th, 2015
- Low T | How To Increase Testosterone Naturally - February 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Symptoms | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 31st, 2015
- Low Testosterone | Symptoms, Causes, Treatments - January 30th, 2015
- Analysis Rejects Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk - January 28th, 2015
- Bodybuilding supplement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - January 11th, 2015
- Strategy Might Thwart Resistance to a Common Prostate Cancer Treatment - January 10th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment for Men Insurance Accepted ... - December 29th, 2014
- What is Testosterone? | Boston Medical Group - December 29th, 2014
- Renew Male Review: Fix Low Testosterone With Natural Booster - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Symptoms of A Low Testosterone Level How To Know Quickly - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Heart Disease - December 17th, 2014
- The ONE Hormone That Makes You FAT and Kills Your SEX Drive - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Manhood down the drain, everyday products could be wiping out your testosterone - November 27th, 2014
- How To Get Rid Of Low Testosterone Using Home Remedies? - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Low Testosterone? Boost it Naturally! - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Is Low Testosterone Dangerous to Your Health? - November 19th, 2014
- diabetes - Video - November 18th, 2014
- Gladstone Barret -Low Testosterone Levels - Video - November 17th, 2014
- Healthy Living Series on Low Testosterone - Video - November 15th, 2014
- Low Testosterone | Men's Health Doctor | Dr George Forgan-Smith - Video - October 26th, 2014
Word Count: 753