It's an unfortunate part of marriage, boyfriend-and-girlfriend, or intimate relationships in general, but in a great majority of cases, one partner has a stronger sex drive than the other.
Therefore different libido levels can create problems in relationships.
As men age, their sex drives typically decline (there are exceptions of course), due primarily to testosterone decline, but another major factor includes lifestyle.
Sometimes women, mainly wives, and girlfriends experience a boost in their libido as they age. This can be a big problem if one partner's sex drive is declining and the other is increasing.
Different Libidos in Relationships
This is one of the major issues that can occur in such unions. Of course, the reverse can happen: women can lose interest in sexual intimacy, while their husbands and boyfriends can experience a boost in their sex drive.
When this kind of problem occurs, it's time to speak with a doctor and get your blood drawn for hormone testing. Our HRT clinic would like to speak with you about hormone replacement therapy!
Consider filling out the contact form, so we can discuss your options. HRT isn't always the necessary solution, sometimes there can be other issues going on, but it's good to start with a medical evaluation and blood test to see if any deficiencies are present.
A concerned woman asks the following questions about her significant other: My hubby (husband) has a low libido, erectile dysfunction, and a diminished sex drive.
He has little or no desire for any physical affectionate contact with me. I'm the opposite. In contrast, I have a high libido, I'm horny all the time, and affectionate touch is necessary, even vital to me.
It's having a deleterious effect on me, not having such intimate contact with my loved one.
I need sex and I need affection, as most women in relationships do. I have tried pretending this isn't a problem and I have tried to ignore this problem.
But then I feel these overwhelming emotions of abandonment: pain, anger, despair, moodiness, hurt, depression, listlessness, diminished motivation, and self-defeating thoughts.
I know I'm not alone in all this. Would killing my own libido with drugs solve this problem? He refuses to talk about the subject, or go to counseling with me, so I feel like I'm at a dead end.
Women with normal healthy libidos need sex. Sex is not just a man thing.
Hormone Research Specialist Answer: If your hubby (husband) knew that this was destroying your relationship and could lead to a divorce, he might reconsider things.
Libido, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and other sex-related problems are often difficult for men to talk about for a number of personal reasons.
Some men feel like they lose their masculinity if they admit they have a problem. Other men are afraid to talk about the subject out of egocentric self-worth. The truth is millions of men around the world develop sex-related difficulties every year.
Sex is the Cornerstone of Committed Intimate Relationships
Intimacy is the cornerstone of most healthy relationships. Communication is the first step, so don't give up. You should both consider having your blood tested for hormone deficiency.
That might be the culprit, but of course, there could be many other factors. You should start exploring and researching your options to mitigate this problem.
Low Testosterone Deficiency Blood Analysis
Millions of men experience Low-T (low testosterone) and often TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) can mitigate these issues if the treatment is the right fit.
But low-T might not be the only issue, because libido and erectile function are complicated urological matters, so speaking with a specialist physician is the right step forward, and we would like to talk to you, have a conversation, and an exploratory discussion.
There are drugs that can dampen sexual desire and many of these include antidepressant meds.
There are many medications that can diminish a man's sex drive. If your hubby is working too much, not getting enough exercise and sleep, that could also be an issue.
Obesity Can Destroy the Sex Drive
Weight gain and obesity are also factors in a man's sex drive dropping. Sometimes a little bit of T-therapy, that is, testosterone therapy can go a long way, but TRT is not enough -- behaviors and lifestyle must also change.
Processed foods and a poor diet can contribute to a man's lack of desire, and so can alcohol, drugs, certain medications, and cigarettes.
Check out this new book by the psychologist Harriet Lerner. The title is Marriage Rules, and it offers numerous tips on improving relationships and communication.
Communication is the Hallmark of a Strong Relationship
The first step is communication. That has to be the first barrier you smash through, but if you are struggling there, see if you can get him to get his blood tested.
We offer blood testing panels which check more than Testosterone, but also human growth hormone levels. He might be deficient there as well. Take a look at the comprehensive male and female blood panels we offer through LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. We list a plethora of tests on our website here.
If you and your hubby are looking to lose weight and build muscle, we offer the HCG injections diet. But usually optimizing HGH and testosterone has the best effect, when the deficiency is present.
Contact us for a free no-obligation dialogue. Also, check out our state maps so you can see where we will send you to LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics for an easy blood draw.
- The Evolutionary Effects of Testosterone on Human Society - September 20th, 2021
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - September 7th, 2021
- Men Want to Know – Free Testosterone versus Total Testosterone - August 24th, 2021
- What is testosterone? - May 23rd, 2021
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - May 22nd, 2021
- Boosting testosterone levels (First of two parts) - May 8th, 2021
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - May 1st, 2021
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 28th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Deer Antler, HGH and Testosterone: Tim on Scott and BR Radio Show - Video - April 17th, 2021
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - April 14th, 2021
- How Testosterone Affects the Skin of Men - April 11th, 2021
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - April 8th, 2021
- Testosterone Levels and Wall Street - March 27th, 2021
- Women can resist testosterone-fuelled political debate - March 12th, 2021
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - March 11th, 2021
- Attention Baby Boomers -- Could Testosterone be the Modern Day "Fountain of Youth?" - March 4th, 2021
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - February 28th, 2021
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - February 28th, 2021
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - February 27th, 2021
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - February 25th, 2021
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - February 22nd, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Testosterone Plays Powerful Role in Motivating Revolutionary Change - February 15th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - January 9th, 2021
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - January 6th, 2021
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 25th, 2020
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - December 24th, 2020
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - December 20th, 2020
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - December 18th, 2020
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - December 12th, 2020
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - December 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 5th, 2020
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 3rd, 2020
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - December 3rd, 2020
- Low-T and Your Health - November 30th, 2020
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 12th, 2020
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - November 9th, 2020
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 8th, 2020
- Intricate relationship between Oestrogen & Testosterone XXY Guys (Klinefelters' syndrome) - Video - November 7th, 2020
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 5th, 2020
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - October 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - October 20th, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - October 19th, 2020
- Testosterone levels in older men - October 17th, 2020
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - September 30th, 2020
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 1st, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - July 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - May 21st, 2020
- How to Raise Testosterone Naturally. Sermorelin - Some Have Called It A The New Fountain of Youth. A Natural Cure for Anxiety and Depression. - May 9th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
Word Count: 935