It's an unfortunate part of marriage, boyfriend-and-girlfriend or intimate relationships in general, but in a great majority of cases, one partner has a stronger sex drive than the other. Therefore different libido levels can create problems in relationships.
As men age, their sex drives typically decline (there are exceptions of course), due primarily to testosterone decline, but also major factors include lifestyle, and sometimes women, mainly wives, and girlfriends experience a boost in their libido as they age. This can be a big problem if one partner's sex drive is declining and the other is increasing.
Different Libidos in Relationships
This is one of the major both-sided issues that can occur in such unions. Of course, the reverse can happen, women can lose interest in sexual intimacy, while their husbands and boyfriends can experience a boost in their sex drive.
When this kind of problem occurs, it's time to speak with a doctor and get your blood drawn for hormone testing. Our HRT clinic would like to speak with you about hormone replacement therapy, consider filling out the contact form, so we can discuss your options. HRT isn't always the necessary solution, sometimes there can be other factors, but it's good to start with a doctor evaluation and blood test to see if any deficiencies are present.
A concerned woman asks the following questions about her significant other: My hubby (husband) has a low libido, erectile dysfunction, and a diminished sex drive. He has little or no desire for any physical affectionate contact with me. I'm the opposite in contrast, I have a high libido, I'm horny all the time, and affectionate touch is necessary, even vital to me. It's having a deleterious effect on me, not having such intimate contact with my loved one.
I need sex and I need affection, as most women in relationships do. I have tried pretending this isn't a problem and I have tried to ignore this problem. But then I feel these overwhelming emotions of abandon: pain, anger, despair, moodiness, hurt, depression, listlessness, diminished motivation, and self-defeating thoughts. I know I'm not alone in all this, would killing my own libido with drugs solve this problem? He refuses to talk about the subject, or go to counseling with me, so I feel like I'm at a dead end. Women with normal healthy libidos need sex. Sex is not just a man thing.
Hormone Research Specialist Answer: If your hubby (husband) knew that this was destroying your relationship and could lead to a break-up, he might reconsider things. Libido, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and other sex-related problems are often difficult for me to talk about for a number of personal reasons. Some men feel like they lose their masculinity if they admit they have a problem. Other men are afraid to talk about the subject out of egocentric self-worth. The truth is millions of men around the world develop sex-related difficulties every year.
Sex is the Cornerstone of Committed Intimate Relationships
Intimacy is the cornerstone of most healthy relationships. Communication is the first step, so don't give up. You should both consider having your blood tested for hormone deficiency, that might be the culprit, of course, there could be many other factors, but you should start exploring and researching your options to mitigate this problem.
Low Testosterone Deficiency Blood Analysis
Millions of men experience Low-T (low testosterone) and often TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) can mitigate these issues if the treatment is the right fit. But low-T might not be the only issue, because libido and erectile function are complicated urological matters, so speaking with a specialist physician is the right step forward, and we would like to talk to you, have a conversation, and an exploratory discussion.
There are drugs which can dampen sexual desire, many of these include antidepressant meds. There are many medications which can diminish a man's sex drive. If your hubby is working too much, not getting enough exercise and sleep, that could also be an issue.
Obesity Can Destroy the Sex Drive
Weight gain and obesity are also factors in a man's sex drive dropping. Sometimes a little bit of T-therapy, that is testosterone therapy, can go a long way, but TRT is not enough, behaviors and lifestyle must also change. Processed foods and a poor diet can contribute to a man's lack of desire, and so can alcohol, drugs, certain medications and cigarettes.
Check out this new book by the psychologist Harriet Lerner. The title is "Marriage Rules," and it offers numerous tips on improving relationships and communication.
Communication is the Hallmark of a Strong Relationship
The first step is communication, that has to be the first barrier you breakthrough, but if you are struggling there, see if you can get him to get his blood tested, we offer blood testing panels which check more than Testosterone, but also human growth hormone levels, he might be deficient there as well. Take a look at the comprehensive male and female blood panels we offer through LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. We list a plethora of tests on our website here.
If you and your hubby are looking to lose weight, build muscle, we offer the HCG injections diet, but usually optimizing HGH and testosterone has the best effect, when the deficiency is present. Contact us for a free no-obligation dialogue. Also, check out our state maps so you can see where we will send you to LabCorp or quest diagnostics for an easy blood draw.
Contact Us Now
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - September 16th, 2019
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 2nd, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Richard Bebb - Testosterone, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome - Video - August 21st, 2019
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - August 12th, 2019
- TEFINA: Nasal Spray That Can Increase Female Orgasms - Video - August 10th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - August 9th, 2019
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - August 1st, 2019
- Behavior and Lifestyle Linked to the Effect of Declining Testosterone, Not Necessarily Natural Aging - July 31st, 2019
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - July 28th, 2019
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women 0 - July 20th, 2019
- Green tea could mask testosterone doping - July 14th, 2019
- Some experts say testosterone decline is a normal part of aging in men - July 14th, 2019
- The Secret to Guys’ Sex Appeal: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - July 7th, 2019
- Low on testosterone? No problem - July 7th, 2019
- Is testosterone the new drug of choice on Wall Street? How traders are using male hormone booster shots to maintain a ... - July 4th, 2019
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - March 17th, 2019
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - March 16th, 2019
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - March 16th, 2019
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - March 15th, 2019
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - March 18th, 2017
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - August 9th, 2016
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
Word Count: 928