Video Link: https://vimeo.com/293592869
Video Download: Male Fertility Myths And Misunderstandings Resolved
Video Stream: Male Fertility Myths And Misunderstandings Resolved
There has always been a lot of magical thinking about fertility.
Everyone thinks that they understand the birds and the bees, but when it comes down to it, pretty much every person has at least a couple of dangerous misconceived notions about fertility.
In this article, we'll correct some common fertility myths, provide helpful information, and clear the air about male fertility!
Having Sex Every Day Doesn't Greatly Improve Fertility
It is commonly held that to maximize the odds of pregnancy couples need to have sex every single day. While this can be fun for many couples, it's important to understand two factors: The Lifespan of Sperm and the Fertility Window.
First, because sperm can survive in a woman's body for 2-3 days, the rule of thumb is that having sex every other day is sufficient to keep high volumes of active sperm ready for impregnation.
Second, the fertility window is the period in which you should be most concerned with maximizing sexual contact. Having sex during the five to six days before ovulation provides the highest odds of fertilization by far.
Visual Assessment of Ejaculate is a Poor Indicator of Fertility
It's a commonly held belief that if a man's ejaculate looks normal, that means that his sperm is healthy.
This is a terrible way to judge fertility. Every load of ejaculate contains 15-200 million sperm.
The health of the sperm is among the most essential means of fertility, which can only be determined via sperm analysis.
Just because you have a high sperm count, that does not mean that your sperm is adequate for reproduction, though relatively clear ejaculate is a sign of low sperm count, this only doesn't tell the whole story.
Testosterone Supplements Suppress Fertility
One of the most significant issues with the underground use of Testosterone Supplements is that guys aren't taught precisely what is happening to their bodies.
There is a misconception among many that Testosterone can increase sperm count just as it increases strength and libido. This is not the case. Sperm production is the result of the actions of Testosterone Precursors.
When Testosterone is introduced from an outside source, this signals the brain to produce a lower volume of these precursors, which can have a drastic effect on fertility over time. Luckily, quitting Testosterone Supplements restores sperm count.
Marijuana Use Is Not Correlated with Impaired Fertility
Marijuana has been mischaracterized for generations. One of the more fascinating myths about weed is that it makes it harder to get pregnant. A study published in 2017 analyzed a variety of factors associated with couples attempting to conceive naturally.
Participants filled out surveys every 2-12 months. One of the questions was whether couples had smoked marijuana in the two months before their periodic questionnaires.
Statistical analysis showed that marijuana smoking had no significant impact on the couples' ability to conceive.
Does a Man's Choice In Underwear Affect His Fertility?
Frequently, ideas derived from common sense don't have much predictive power in reality. While it is true that sperm production relies on the testes having a slightly lower ambient temp than the rest of the body, many people carry the misinformed belief that the type of underwear that a man wears affects his overall fertility.
They feel that snugger underwear presses the testes closer to the body, causing the temperature of the testicles to increase, thus reducing fertility.
Studies have shown that a man's choice of underwear bears no significant relationship to his sperm county. Merely wear what makes you feel most comfortable!
Too Much Time in the Hot Tub Can Reduce Fertility
In many cases, there is truth to commonly held beliefs about fertility, even if the overall risk associated with the fact is very low.
That's the case with hot tubs. Spending too much time in hot tubs does have a suppressive effect on sperm production.
Ideally, the testicles should be two degrees lower than core body temperature to maximize sperm production.
Spending time in the hot tub can lead to a modest decrease in sperm count of around 2%.
For the vast majority of men, this decrease is negligible, but for men that are struggling to conceive, avoiding hot tubs is one of some small steps that guys can take to boost their fertility rate.
Poor Sleeping Habits Can Have a Strong Impact on Fertility
Our bodies thrive when we get the sleep we need every night—for most people, 7-9 hours of rest is optimal. Sleeping less than six hours per night can have dramatic effects on hormone production.
Concerning fertility, such restlessness can lead to a drop in the fertility of around 40% per menstrual cycle. If you're a man looking to have a child, don't lose sleep over the small things, just ensure you get enough sleep in the first place!
Alcohol Consumption Lowers Sperm Count
For any guy that's had trouble getting it up when he was drunk, it should come to no surprise that moderate to heavy alcohol consumption have an increasingly adverse effect not only on erectile function but fertility.
In addition to lowering sperm count, alcohol consumption also led to lower quality sperm, both concerning the size and shape of the sperm.
These effects are pronounced even among men in their prime, as shown by a Danish study of males from 18 to 28.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Avatar director James Cameron says testosterone is toxic. Commentators on Twitter call him a 'beta male' - December 6th, 2022
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - December 1st, 2022
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 8th, 2022
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022
- Male menopause: it’s real! - October 26th, 2022
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - October 5th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Murfreesboro Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 909