According to a recent survey from Cleveland Clinic, sexual health is a huge concern for aging men.
Of those polled, 44% are worried about the dreaded erectile dysfunction (ED), 39% with a loss of sex drive, and 36% with low testosterone.
"I think that this is something men realize can change with age, and many men may not realize that it can happen to men of all ages," said Petar Bajic, MD, a urologist for Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Bajic said the survey had some other intriguing findings as well. Around 58% of men think low testosterone is the most common cause of erectile dysfunction.
"In fact, [for] most men who have erectile dysfunction, particularly over age 50, it's much more likely to be a consequence of cardiovascular disease, like hardening and narrowing of the arteries," he said. "It can be due to diabetes and all sorts of different things. A relatively small percentage of men have low testosterone as the primary cause of their sexual issues."
In addition, most of the men polled incorrectly believe they are more likely to get prostate cancer than any other cancer.
"Prostate cancer is very prevalent, but there are several other cancers that are also very common," he explained.
Dr. Bajic said this is why it's so essential for men to go in for routine checkups, which the survey shows they are not doing. Of those polled, 55% said they don't get regular health screenings.
"Men across the board need to take better care of their health. They tend to be more reactive when issues arise and maybe less proactive, so by getting routine health screenings, by really understanding your health status, things can be detected earlier on," he said.
Dr. Bajic said it's also vital for men to know their family history.
The survey found that 77% don't know their family history regarding urological issues, and 64% don't know their family history regarding cancers.
As to Dr. Bajic’s assertion that low testosterone levels (aka “Low-T”) are not the primary cause of erectile dysfunction, consider this. The Dr. might be correct, but he appears to be overlooking that Low-T is linked to many health afflictions that lead to ED.
For example, Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) delivers waves of energy, getting men off the couch and exercising for the first time in decades.
This leads to better circulation, which works wonders for the veins, arteries, and endothelial cells that make up the inner lining of our blood vessels. Improved blood flow helps ensure that the heart will receive more of the oxygenated blood it needs to function optimally.
TRT can also ease the joint aches and pains that creep up as we age. If joint soreness becomes unbearable, heading to the gym or even going for a walk is out of the question.
The result is the continued inactivity that leads to weight gain, bad eating habits, hours upon hours of mindless television viewing, and, eventually, diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease. These conditions are the perfect environment for the emergence of ED.
Therefore, TRT plays a significant role in the battle against ED.
Contact us for a FREE, no-obligation discussion concerning the incredible benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT).
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Avatar director James Cameron says testosterone is toxic. Commentators on Twitter call him a 'beta male' - December 6th, 2022
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - December 1st, 2022
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 8th, 2022
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022
- Male menopause: it’s real! - October 26th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - December 15th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Murfreesboro Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 538