True health and hormone balance begin in the kitchen. It all boils down to what you put in your body, day in and day out, even if you are on a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) program, with injections and everything.
You will not see the maximum benefits if your diet is deficient and lacks nutrients.
This also includes supplements. Some people might knock supplements but if they are truly helping to balance hormones and increase testosterone levels, then they are really beneficial. Here are six reasons why taking testosterone boosting supplements should be added to your health arsenal.
The Benefits of Hormone Optimization
Making sure your hormones are balanced and your endocrine system is in tip-top shape will help to prevent many different diseases, including osteoporosis, diabetes, arthritis, and heart disease. Not only this but everyday things like anxiety levels and sexual function will be improved. Energy levels usually increase and brain fog decreases.
All of these benefits are usually felt by patients who increase their testosterone production and ensure it’s at adequate levels in the blood. This can even be achieved naturally, via diet, lifestyle changes, and testosterone boosting supplements.
1. Prevention of Heart Disease
Men who have adequate testosterone levels, in the normal to above normal range, are less likely to be diagnosed with heart disease when compared to men with lower-than-normal levels. In fact, the biggest benefit of taking testosterone supplements is improved cardiovascular health. With increased testosterone, estrogen levels are lowered, and high estrogen levels are associated with heart disease in men. Men should not be producing too much estrogen. Testosterone levels in the normal range support the healthy functioning of the blood vessels which plays a role in heart health, improved exercise performance, higher energy levels, stamina, and better blood sugar regulation.
2. Building lean muscle mass while losing body fat
Despite what you think, increased testosterone doesn’t necessarily mean you will get huge muscles that are increased in size. Most patients see leaner, toned muscles because the excess body fat dissipates, leaving your muscles to shine in all their glory. Of course, the increased testosterone will also help you to build bigger muscles if you work out in a way that causes that to happen, such as hypertrophy training.
Testosterone supplementation will reduce fat in the stomach and mid-section, the most difficult area to lose fat and get abs. Who doesn’t want that??
3. Increasing blood flow for muscle and strength
To grow and develop muscle, you need good blood flow to bring nutrients and protein to the muscles. Testosterone supplementation will improve circulation, therefore improving the rate of nutrient absorption by the muscles. Patients see increased energy levels resulting in better performance and improved endurance throughout a workout. You might find that a more difficult exercise is significantly easier once your testosterone levels are optimized.
The better blood flow also translates to improved sexual health for physical reasons as well as mental reasons as well. Men who balance their testosterone levels find that they have more confidence, improved mood, and more satisfying sex with their partners.
4. Boosting energy and improving performance
Low testosterone results in chronic fatigue for most men who are suffering from it.
All-day fatigue would ruin anyone’s day. Increase your testosterone levels and you’ll be able to exercise on a regular basis, keeping up with the routine that you want to and get through daily life with more energy. For example, try taking D-Aspartic Acid and Tribulus Terrestris.
Both of these will supply the “raw materials” needed to produce more testosterone naturally and you’ll get an energy boost. With more energy, you will be more productive, eat healthier, and exercise regularly.
5. Improving mental health
Testosterone is an incredibly important hormone, especially for men. It is not just important for blood flow, muscle strength, and sexual function. It also immensely impacts mental health.
If a man has low testosterone, he will most likely experience anxiety and depression and a man with either one of these will have a hard time achieving his goals. Increased testosterone will increase serotonin in the body which is the “happy hormone”. Very cool!
Scientific studies show that once a man balances his testosterone levels, the symptoms of depression and/or anxiety steadily go away. Adequate testosterone levels ensure an improved sense of well-being and quality of life.
6. Improving blood sugar control
A lot of people have poor blood sugar control due to their standard American diet. Improving your diet and optimizing your hormones will improve blood sugar control and reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
High levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) and low levels of testosterone can cause an increased risk of type 2 diabetes because of poor blood sugar control.
Testosterone actually reduces cortisol levels and regulates insulin. Regulating blood sugar boosts energy levels, improves mood (no more brain fog!), and improves health in general by maintaining optimal metabolism.
Optimizing testosterone levels yields many, many benefits for men, especially as they age, and start to experience some adverse symptoms such as erectile dysfunction or chronic fatigue.
Consider contacting our clinic to learn more about what testosterone boosting supplements are available to you and how to get your testosterone levels checked. Improving your health is never a waste of your time!
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Low Total Testosterone in Men Linked to Chronic Diseases - August 11th, 2022
- Did You Know? Testosterone Protects Your Heart! - January 21st, 2022
- Marijuana and Testosterone Levels: Are Your Manboobs Caused by Smoking Weed? - October 19th, 2021
- Low Levels of Testosterone Linked to Sleep Apnea - September 29th, 2021
- Testosterone, Intelligence, and Your Brain - September 1st, 2021
- Increased Fat Intake Could Boost Moderate Low Testosterone Levels - June 13th, 2021
- Low Testosterone In Women - VieNue Bioidentical ... - May 30th, 2021
- Truth About Testosterone Quiz: Low Testosterone and Axiron - April 26th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - March 13th, 2021
- Ester Marsh: Low testosterone and exercise - November 6th, 2020
- It is the rare man who has low T - November 4th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Linked to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - September 10th, 2020
- Hypotestosteronism - Low Testosterone and Hypogonadism - June 12th, 2020
- The Effects of Marijuana on Testosterone Production - May 16th, 2020
- Can Testosterone Deficiency Cause or Contribute to Feelings of Depression? - May 6th, 2020
- Methadone Suppresses Testosterone Production in Men - May 5th, 2020
- How Low Testosterone Could Be Deadly - April 24th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Explained - WebMD - July 29th, 2016
- Testosterone therapy: Potential benefits and risks as you age - Mayo Clinic - July 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone in Men - Hormone Health Network - May 9th, 2016
- 7 Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Women - May 9th, 2016
- Low Male Testosterone Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - April 29th, 2016
- Low Testosterone (Low-T) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - eMedicineHealth - April 17th, 2016
- How can I boost my testosterone level? - WebMD Answers - April 10th, 2016
- Increase Low Testosterone Levels with Testosterone-Rx ... - February 8th, 2016
- Low Testosterone and Your Health - WebMD - October 29th, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Steroid .com - October 22nd, 2015
- LowTestosterone.com - Symptoms of Low Testosterone - October 5th, 2015
- Is Low Testosterone Affecting Your Health? - August 8th, 2015
- Low Testosterone (Low-T): Get Facts on Levels and Treatment - August 7th, 2015
- Low Testosterone in Men With Diabetes - July 6th, 2015
- Myths and Misconceptions around Low Testosterone Treatment - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Cure Intro - Video - May 3rd, 2015
- Luke McNally - Low Vitamin D may cause low testosterone - Video - April 30th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy Risks and Benefits - Video - April 25th, 2015
- Too Much Estrogen? Every Man Should Watch This! - Video - April 24th, 2015
- The Truth About Low Testosterone - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Low Testosterone - Men Lose 90% of their Testosterone from age 25 to age 70 - Video - April 21st, 2015
- Ageless Living - Topic: Low Testosterone - Video - April 17th, 2015
- 10 Foods That overcome low testosterone levels - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone - April 13th - Video - April 17th, 2015
- Low testosterone help - Video - April 11th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment Center in St. Louis | Low T Therapy - April 4th, 2015
- Low-T in women can lead to obesity, study finds - April 2nd, 2015
- Men's Health Show | Low-T, Prostate, Robotic Surgery - Video - March 30th, 2015
- How can we find out if my husband has low testosterone? - Video - March 29th, 2015
- How Even Borderline Low T Might Affect Your Health - Video - March 14th, 2015
- Feel Like You are 25 Again,Low Testosterone, Testosterone solution - Video - March 5th, 2015
- Antares Announces Positive Pharmacokinetic Results From QuickShot Phase 3 Study - February 25th, 2015
- Low Testosterone anxiety - Men's Health - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- low libido High Testosterone - Urology - MedHelp - February 23rd, 2015
- Low Testosterone Therapy | Men's Health - February 23rd, 2015
- Valentine's Day is an important day for men's health - Video - February 18th, 2015
- Treatments for Low Testosterone from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 19th Edition - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Testosterone treatment soars, but is it the answer? - Video - February 15th, 2015
- Why is Low Testosterone so Common - Video - February 12th, 2015
- 7 ways hormones improve your quality of life - February 5th, 2015
- Low T | How To Increase Testosterone Naturally - February 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Symptoms | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 31st, 2015
- Low Testosterone | Symptoms, Causes, Treatments - January 30th, 2015
- Analysis Rejects Linkage Between Testosterone Therapy And Cardiovascular Risk - January 28th, 2015
- Bodybuilding supplement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - January 11th, 2015
- Strategy Might Thwart Resistance to a Common Prostate Cancer Treatment - January 10th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment for Men Insurance Accepted ... - December 29th, 2014
- What is Testosterone? | Boston Medical Group - December 29th, 2014
- Renew Male Review: Fix Low Testosterone With Natural Booster - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Symptoms of A Low Testosterone Level How To Know Quickly - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- The Link Between Low Testosterone and Heart Disease - December 17th, 2014
- The ONE Hormone That Makes You FAT and Kills Your SEX Drive - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Manhood down the drain, everyday products could be wiping out your testosterone - November 27th, 2014
- How To Get Rid Of Low Testosterone Using Home Remedies? - Video - November 26th, 2014
- Low Testosterone? Boost it Naturally! - Video - November 22nd, 2014
- Is Low Testosterone Dangerous to Your Health? - November 19th, 2014
- diabetes - Video - November 18th, 2014
- Gladstone Barret -Low Testosterone Levels - Video - November 17th, 2014
- Healthy Living Series on Low Testosterone - Video - November 15th, 2014
- Low Testosterone | Men's Health Doctor | Dr George Forgan-Smith - Video - October 26th, 2014
- ASK UNMC! What treatments are available for low testosterone and are they safe? - Video - October 23rd, 2014
Word Count: 890