We all know that Testosterone has some profound effects on male psychology, physiology, and sexuality. It even has some compelling benefits for women too.
As we delve deeper into the sociological implications of Testosterone, we continue to learn of new and interesting ways that Testosterone alters our perception and our actions.
We also learn more about how it protects and facilitates health and wellness. Let's go over some recent developments in Testosterone Research in the last year!
Testosterone Reduces Aversion to Risk
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/293546269
Video Download: Six Ways That Elevated Testosterone Levels Affect Male Behavior And Health
Video Stream: Six Ways That Elevated Testosterone Levels Affect Male Behavior And Health
While Alpha Males have long been associated with getting things done, there are some potential downsides to putting too much confidence in their abilities.
Researchers analyzed over 3,000 hedge fund managers based on their Testosterone Levels. Men with higher Testosterone Levels tend to have wider faces than those with average and low Testosterone Levels.
Researches grouped investors by the shape of their faces and analyzed how successful they were at investing. Perhaps surprisingly, those with less Testosterone (exemplified by their slimmer face) outpaced their testosterone-laden associates by around 6% annually.
Men with higher Testosterone Levels were also more likely to take chances on risky stocks and make unethical business decisions to further their gain.
Testosterone Makes Men More Prone to Snap Judgments
Elevated Testosterone Levels strongly impact the way that men make decisions. Men with High Testosterone Levels are more prone to operating more functionally in association with fight-or-flight.
In high tension situations where split-second decisions are necessary, this is a great thing. One area that does not benefit men is in the field of test-taking.
In a recent study published last year, men were treated with Bio-Identical Testosterone and then were given a Cognitive Reflection Test. This test is designed to reward thoughtful answers and punish snap-decisions.
Questions are worded in a way in which the instinctive first-impression is not the correct answer. It's hypothesized that this bleeds into other aspects of men's lives. Men with High Testosterone are better at taking action based on quick decision-making but more prone to mistakes when the best course of action requires deliberation.
Testosterone Levels Are Strongly Correlated With Where You Were Born
Your Testosterone Levels as an adult have a lifelong association with the environment in which you were raised. In one recent study, men of Bangladeshi heritage had their Testosterone Levels evaluated.
Men that were born and raised in Bangladesh before moving to the United Kingdom had demonstrably lower Testosterone than men whose parents were born in Bangladesh but were born in the United Kingdom, themselves.
Furthermore, the men born in Great Britain reached puberty at an earlier age than their counterparts born in Bangladesh.
They also found that boys that moved from Bangladesh to London before puberty had more Testosterone than those that migrated after puberty.
There are lots of factors that can suppress the activity of Testosterone during adolescence. Sanitation issues, poor diet, and illness can all suppress the expression of Testosterone during puberty, which can lead to diminished Testosterone Levels later in life.
High Testosterone Levels Make Men More Interested In Displays of Wealth
It's well known that Testosterone is associated with mating behavior in all manner of species, but this also demonstrates itself in men's preferences and shopping habits.
Men that have higher Testosterone Levels are more likely to be interested in luxury products that are associated with status rather than function.
It is common in other species to expend energy and metabolism on flashy displays that are solely intended for courtship, and these habits also appear to extend to how adult males spend money and display wealth.
High Testosterone Associated With Narcissistic Behavior
An article released last month analyzed the effect of Testosterone on leadership ability. They sorted men and women based on relative Testosterone Levels and put individuals in positions of power.
They found that participants with elevated baseline Testosterone Levels were more likely to demonstrate entitlement and were more likely to take advantage of others for personal gain.
Participants with lower Testosterone Levels were not as prone to show these negative aspects of having power. Unfortunately, it's hypothesized that those that are least inclined to lead reasonably are most likely to seek out power actively.
A Healthy Heart Is Correlated With Elevated Testosterone
One massive breakthrough in Testosterone Research is that evidence continues to strongly suggest that men with Higher Testosterone Levels have healthier hearts.
In one study published last year, researchers compared 296 men that opted out of Testosterone Therapy with 360 that adopted a Testosterone Replacement Regimen.
They found that men that took Testosterone experienced no strokes or heart attacks over a ten-year span, while those that did not utilize Testosterone experienced 56 heart attacks and strokes (all nonfatal).
Men that took Testosterone also had healthier body composition, more ideal blood pressure, more balanced cholesterol, and controlled blood sugar more effectively.
Men that took Testosterone also reported higher energy levels and were more likely to engage in physical activity, in spite of their weight.
Men that didn't take Testosterone also experienced increased mortality risk, primarily resulting from cardiovascular disease, which was the cause of death for 19-21 control participants.
Contact Us Today
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - October 5th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - December 15th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Murfreesboro Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Nashville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Abilene Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Amarillo Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Arlington Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 861