Video Download: Testosterone Anxiety And Depression
Video Stream: Testosterone Anxiety And Depression
Anxiety is a major health issue which impacts male health at a psychological as well as a physiological level. Generalized Anxiety Disorder is a medical condition which is characterized by apprehension, subconscious hyperactivity, physical tension, and hyper awareness.
Symptoms of subconscious hyperactivity include elevated pulse, flushing, dizziness, dry mouth, clammy palms, heart palpitations, and sweating. Physical tension includes sighing, muscle aches, and restlessness. Hyper awareness includes morning exhaustion, issues with sleep, insomnia, focus issues, irritability, distractability, edginess, and hypervigilence. Apprehension includes the whole bound of things which prevent us from being ourselves, including an intense worry about what other people think, unfounded fear in one's daily life, and excessive worrying about the welfare of oneself or others.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety expresses itself in many different ways, but it can be described most succinctly as an overwhelming sense of worry or anxiety that gets in the way of living one's life as he or she wishes it to be. Anxiety can be absolutely debilitating, and there is powerful evidence that Testosterone Deficiency contributes to worry and anxiety.
What are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
Low-T has been associated with a number of different issues that are related to Anxiety and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Both research and field study have shown that men with Low Testosterone are more likely to experience the following symptoms:
Inhibited Sense of Well-Being
How are Anxiety and Low-T Related?
Researchers and clinicians have long been aware of these symptoms, and they have been established in the medical record since at least 1946. In a 1946 study, researchers discovered the following:
Around 1/3 of men with Low-T experience issues with worrying
4 out of 10 experienced fear
½ of men with Hypogonadism were easily excitable
56% struggled with uneasiness and dread
4 out of 5 were irritable
9 out of 10 experienced high levels of nervousness
These numbers are much higher than normal, and researchers found that by treating these patients with bio-identical Testosterone, it was possible to alleviate their anxiety and improve their quality of life. In many cases, the symptoms completely disappeared!
Women Need Testosterone Too
Did you know that women also have a distinct need for Testosterone? Women produce significantly less of the hormone than men, but it still plays an important role in their health and wellness. There is even strong evidence that feminine Low-T contributes to heightened anxiety in female patients.
There is evidence that, for women with Low-T that suffer from anxiety, two months of Testosterone treatment was enough to mitigate the effects of anxiety for many patients, bringing them closer to a baseline psychological profile. Estradiol was effective at reducing anxiety on its own, but, when combined with Testosterone, the results improved dramatically.
How Does Testosterone Affect Anxiety?
There are a lot of anxiety studies that simply can't be performed on humans, but animal research helps fill the gap in our knowledge. According to research conducted on lab rats, Testosterone interacts with the hippocampus in a positive way. Lab rats without Testosterone had trouble learning and experienced high levels of anxiety, but similar lab rats treated with 3-Alpha-diol, DHT, or Testosterone experienced enhanced learning and mitigated anxiety.
Another similar study produced similar results, and there is broadening evidence that strongly supports the notion that Testosterone and other Androgens interact with the Hippocampus in a manner which reduces anxiety.
On the other hand, there is evidence that Testosterone primarily impacts subconscious fear, which is, of course, related to expressed fear and anxiety, but not directly. Low-T patients that were treated with Testosterone were shown to be less liable to experience unconscious fear in a surprise situation than their control counterparts.
Testosterone Deficiency and Depression
Low-T is also associated with increased incidence of depression and moodiness. Depression is defined clinically by the expression of symptoms. Symptoms of Depression include:
Reduced libido and desire
Issues with indecisiveness, focus, and controlled thought
Feelings of guilt and worthlessness
Irritability or reduced response to stimulus
Excessive sleep, insomnia, suppressed hunger, or weight loss
Thoughts of suicide or death
Testosterone Deficiency sometimes leads both to mild feelings of depression, as well as an increased incidence of clinically-diagnosed depression.
Low-T Increases the Likelihood of Experiencing Depression
Of course, Depression can occur on its own, but Testosterone Deficiency is a contributing factor for many patients. Also, the younger a man is when he experiences Low-T, the more likely he is to experience symptoms of Depression. Low-T patients treated with Testosterone patches, pills, or injections were alleviated of depression, but the administration of Testosterone had no effect on patients with normal Testosterone levels.
Depression is Complicated
Depression is a complex disorder which is the end result of a multitude of factors which weigh down the individual, including, but not limited to stress, diet, alcohol use, smoking, obesity, and mental illness, all of which make the Low-T individual more likely to experience Depression.
It is not completely clear which Low-T patients benefit most with regard to psychological health when it comes to Low-T treatment, but there is clinical evidence that Testosterone injections have a significant and perceptible effect on mood, when taken for six weeks.
Impact of DHEA on Mood
In addition to Testosterone, DHEA also has a positive impact on mood. In addition to being the precursor hormone which is eventually converted into Testosterone and Estrogen (depending on sex), the hormone also has a controlling influence on levels of GABA in the brain, and has the ability to control and uplift mood as a direct result. There is also evidence that the presence of DHEA in the brain suppresses the activity of Pregnenolone, a hormone associated with Depression and anxiety.
DHEA supplementation was found to have a positive effect on both psychological and physical well-being in both sexes. 84% of women experienced improvement, whereas 67% of men experienced improvement. Enhanced well-being in this context is defined as improved capacity to handle stress, increased relaxation, uplifted mood, sounder sleep, and increased energy.
If You are Experiencing Depression and Anxiety as You Grow Older, You May Benefit from Testosterone Therapy!
As you can see, Testosterone and DHEA are not only hormones which promote sexual health, they also play an important role in sustaining psychological health in both sexes. If you are growing older and experiencing increased issues related to anxiety, as well as other symptoms which are inhibiting your quality of life, you may be suffering from Andropause, and Testosterone therapy may be able to improve your quality of life as well as your health!
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - March 30th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low on Testosterone? No Problem! - February 10th, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - September 16th, 2019
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 2nd, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Richard Bebb - Testosterone, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome - Video - August 21st, 2019
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - August 12th, 2019
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - August 11th, 2019
- TEFINA: Nasal Spray That Can Increase Female Orgasms - Video - August 10th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - August 9th, 2019
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - August 1st, 2019
- Behavior and Lifestyle Linked to the Effect of Declining Testosterone, Not Necessarily Natural Aging - July 31st, 2019
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - July 28th, 2019
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - July 20th, 2019
- Green tea could mask testosterone doping - July 14th, 2019
- Some experts say testosterone decline is a normal part of aging in men - July 14th, 2019
- The Secret to Guys’ Sex Appeal: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - July 7th, 2019
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - July 4th, 2019
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - March 17th, 2019
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - March 16th, 2019
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - March 16th, 2019
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - March 15th, 2019
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - August 9th, 2016
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
Contact Us Now
Word Count: 1096