A testosterone cream is simply a form of testosterone medication; while it comes in a cream-like gel substance the active hormonal ingredient is simply testosterone. Be it a testosterone cream or injectable testosterone the bottom line remains the same, however, mode of action, potency, efficiency and overall effectiveness can greatly vary from one to the next. Generally there are two specific testosterone gels worth mentioning and both carry very similar properties with one distinguishing difference. However, while one was created for specific performance enhancing most testosterone cream is used in hormone replacement plans and all are applied in a transdermal form.
Without question AndroGel is the most commonly used testosterone cream on the market and one of the primary forms of therapy for those who undergo low testosterone treatment. The application of this hormonal compound is very simple, take it out of the bottle and rub it on the skin; pretty basic but you will normally want to apply it to the upper arms or shoulders and simply allow the testosterone to soak in. It is important you allow ample time for the absorption process to take effect; meaning, you will need to keep the applied area dry after application for several hours.
Known simply as The Cream it was the testosterone cream manufactured by the infamous Bay Area Laboratory Cooperative (BALCO) and for all intense purposes is identical to AndroGel; actually we can say it is AndroGel. The mode of action, the ratings and absorption is the same. What can be said of AndroGel can be said of the famous BALCO mixture; this testosterone cream simply has fame because of the name that surrounds it with one distinguishable difference. The Cream was created for the purpose of beating steroid drug tests and it did so perfectly. A combination of testosterone and epitestosterone, the mixture allowed testosterone levels to rise while simultaneously increasing epitestosterone. By matching this increase, two factors often measured in a steroid test, when they increase in equal parts detection will fail.
Most injectable testosterone does not have a 100% absorption rating but many are close; however, as it pertains to testosterone cream it only has about a 10% absorption rating at best, meaning most of the applied drug never makes it into the blood stream in a usable manner. For example, if we inject 100mg of Testosterone-Propionate we will receive approximately close to the full dose, conversely if we apply 100mg of testosterone cream we will only receive approximately 10mg of usable testosterone. For this reason a testosterone cream dose will need to be much higher than an injectable form in order to receive an adequate dose.
In general the only suitable purpose for testosterone cream is in a hormone replacement plan designed to aid in bringing low levels of the hormone back to normal. For performance enhancing purposes this mode of testosterone application will prove to be weak and not the desired form to meet the desired end. To receive a true performance enhancing boost from this form of testosterone you would need to apply it in massive amounts multiple times per day to get even close to standard performance enhancing doses. Even so, athletes who are looking for a very slight boost may find this form of medication useful, however most will not.
The common side-effects of injectable testosterone are the same when the hormone is applied in gel form; side-effects such as Gynecomastia, water retention, high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and other aromatizing effects are all possible. However, testosterone cream presents one possible side-effect injectable testosterone does not; irritation of the skin or burns at the applied area. It is impossible to know if you will fall prey to this side-effect however of all the possible side-effects this will prove to be the most prominent one.
Testosterone cream is rarely found on the black market; in most cases if you desire to use it you will need to visit a physician or hormone replacement clinic and receive a prescription. It should be easy to understand why this product is rarely found on the black market due to it being a poor performance enhancer in-terms of how we largely define enhancement but for those who simply need therapy to improve low testosterone levels this can be a fine choice and will normally get the job done.
Read the original:
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - April 9th, 2019
- testosterone cream - Professional Online Poker - April 11th, 2016
- LowTestosterone.com - Testosterone Cream - April 11th, 2016
- Testosterone Cream??? | Yahoo Answers - April 3rd, 2016
- The Compounder - Transdermal Testosterone Cream - April 3rd, 2016
- Testosterone Cream - Steroid .com - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone eye cream The Dry Eye Zone - September 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cream for Women - Get Free Offer Today - August 11th, 2015
- testosterone booster , testosterone cream for women , testosterone booster for women - Video - May 4th, 2015
- Testosterone Cream for Women (LE) - AmericasNutrition.com - March 23rd, 2015
- Testosterone cream for low sex drive? | Go Ask Alice! - March 2nd, 2015
- 3 treatments to fight aging - January 20th, 2015
- Doctor's Testosterone Gel/ Cream | Increase Muscle Mass ... - December 28th, 2014
- Doctor's Testosterone Creme for Women - Testosterone Cream ... - November 19th, 2014
- Benefit of Testosterone Cream | eHow - eHow | How to ... - October 28th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream for HRT | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - October 28th, 2014
- What Is Testosterone Cream? (with picture) - August 13th, 2014
- Hormone Solutions - Testosterone Cream & Progesterone ... - April 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects | eHow - April 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 20th, 2014
- Topical Testosterone Cream Uses | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - December 24th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream - December 8th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream - Steroid .com - Anabolic Steroids ... - December 3rd, 2013
- What Is Testosterone Cream? - wiseGEEK - December 2nd, 2013
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects! Testosterone Cream Benefits! - November 25th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream for Men | Increase Libido and Stamina - November 10th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream - Mens Blog Talk - www.Mensblogtalk.com - Male ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Testosterone Cream Update and Bullworker - Video - October 12th, 2013
- Guide to Applying Testosterone Cream for Women - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Guide to Applying Testosterone Cream for Men - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Trial date set for steroids accused - May 18th, 2012
- The healthy boost from balanced hormones - February 21st, 2012
- Testosterone Replacement for Men and Women seen on Fox News - Video - November 5th, 2011
- Dispensing and Applying Compounded Testosterone Cream - June 1st, 2011
- The Testosterone Cream, Will It Come Off On My Partner Or Grandchildren? - May 30th, 2011
Word Count: 731