There is some evidence that Testosterone encourages the proliferation of prostate cancer cells, but new research shows that Testosterone Injection directly to the prostate may improve patients' long-term outcomes when dealing with inoperable prostate cancer.
No studies have shown that elevated Testosterone Levels are associated with an increased incidence of Prostate Cancer, but for men with existing Prostate Cancer, high Testosterone Levels can make cancer harder to treat.
Medical professionals have understood for over 70 years that it is possible to slow the growth of Prostate Tumors by suppressing Testosterone Levels in the body.
As a result of this knowledge, and further research derived from that knowledge, advanced prostate cancer is often treated by prescribing the patient with pharmaceuticals designed to sharply slow down the release of Testosterone, and other hormones that can be converted into Testosterone. This medical regimen is known as chemical castration.
Unfortunately, this is often only a stop-gap, short-term measure, like prostate cancer, like many other cancers, is highly adaptive to changes in the environment, and often learns to thrive even in an ecosystem where Testosterone Levels are very low.
They have a few different mechanisms by which this adaptation is possible, two of the most notable being to proliferate new chemical receptors for growth to reduce the need for Testosterone, or simply to increase the concentration of Testosterone Receptors in order to respond more readily to suppressed Testosterone Levels.
As these adaptations have been recognized by medical researchers, there are other methods that have been established in an attempt to circumvent resistance, one of which is by prescribing a medication designed to prevent Testosterone from binding to its receptor sites in cancer cells, but tumors have been shown to adapt to this treatment as well.
Testosterone Treatment Slows Progression of Advanced Prostate Cancer
Recent research has shown that it may be possible to improve outcomes for some advanced prostate cancer patients by limiting Testosterone Levels most of the time, and by flooding the tumor with Testosterone occasionally.
In Prostate Cancers that do not respond adequately to Testosterone Suppression, it may be possible to slow the spread of the tumor by injecting high doses of Testosterone directly into the cancer cell.
Interestingly enough, the same physiological adaptation that causes these Prostate Cancer cells to thrive in an ecosystem where Testosterone Levels are low makes them highly vulnerable to relatively high doses of Testosterone. In this case, a high volume of the adapted cells dies off, unable to function in the Testosterone-rich environment.
Clinical Trials Test Prostate Cancer Hypothesis in Humans
The promise of this study has advanced to a point at which the treatment has moved into real clinical trials, for men with advanced prostate cancer, with tumors adapted to Low Testosterone.
Sixteen patients were selected for this study, the majority of which had Prostate Cancer which had already spread to other areas of the body through the process of metastasis.
In this study, each of the patients continued with treatments designed to suppress Testosterone, but once every four weeks, they received a very high dose of Testosterone, which vastly increases Testosterone concentrations for a relatively short period of time, before returning to previous levels.
This hill-and-valley approach to Prostate Cancer treatment appears to benefit these patients with advanced, resistant Prostate Cancer, because it prevents Low-T Adapted Cancer Cells from proliferating while promoting the long-term benefits of Testosterone Suppression for these patients.
Results of Testosterone Prostate Cancer Study
Among the patients that received treatment, 14 of the 16 were able to tolerate the experiment, whereas two were forced to quit the study early as a result of side-effects. Among the other fourteen patients, half experienced benefits from these monthly Testosterone Injections.
Prostate Cancer activity was monitored through the evaluation of PSA-Count, and seven of the patients experienced a decline in PSA which could be associated with diminishing tumors. In the end, four patients experienced a decline in short-term prostate cancer growth, and one patient even experienced temporary remission.
Prostate Tumors Appear to Slowly Return for Most Patients
Unfortunately, like other forms of treatment for these patients, the prostate tumors eventually began to adapt to the changing environment, after an average of around seven months.
Among the patients that did not respond to treatment, there did not appear to be an overly negative response to the therapy, so even if it ends up being ineffective for half of the patients, it may still be worth it to attempt the treatment on a large segment of patients with advanced prostate cancer of this kind.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- MOTS-c Therapy To Improve Body Composition - December 15th, 2022 [December 11th, 2022]
- Punicalagin: A powerful Testosterone Booster - January 17th, 2023 [November 24th, 2022]
- Blocking Testosterone to Defeat Melanoma - September 9th, 2022 [August 11th, 2022]
- Stomach Inflammation: Another Ailment That Testosterone Can Stop in its Tracks - December 19th, 2022 [August 3rd, 2022]
- Study Finds that Testosterone Boosts Memory for Uncontrolled Diabetics - July 11th, 2022 [June 24th, 2022]
- Causes of Low Libido - Could It Be Low-T? - June 24th, 2022 [May 30th, 2022]
- The Evolutionary Effects of Testosterone on Human Society - November 24th, 2021 [September 20th, 2021]
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - October 30th, 2021 [September 7th, 2021]
- Men Want to Know – Free Testosterone versus Total Testosterone - January 2nd, 2023 [August 24th, 2021]
- What is testosterone? - November 10th, 2021 [May 23rd, 2021]
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - May 23rd, 2021 [May 22nd, 2021]
- Boosting testosterone levels (First of two parts) - May 9th, 2021 [May 8th, 2021]
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - November 27th, 2021 [May 1st, 2021]
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - November 21st, 2021 [April 28th, 2021]
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - November 20th, 2021 [April 25th, 2021]
- Deer Antler, HGH and Testosterone: Tim on Scott and BR Radio Show - Video - November 27th, 2021 [April 17th, 2021]
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - April 14th, 2021 [April 14th, 2021]
- How Testosterone Affects the Skin of Men - November 28th, 2021 [April 11th, 2021]
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - November 23rd, 2021 [April 8th, 2021]
- Testosterone Levels and Wall Street - October 28th, 2021 [March 27th, 2021]
- Women can resist testosterone-fuelled political debate - March 13th, 2021 [March 12th, 2021]
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - November 4th, 2021 [March 11th, 2021]
- Attention Baby Boomers -- Could Testosterone be the Modern Day "Fountain of Youth?" - October 31st, 2022 [March 4th, 2021]
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - October 18th, 2021 [February 28th, 2021]
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - October 21st, 2021 [February 28th, 2021]
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - October 18th, 2021 [February 27th, 2021]
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - February 25th, 2021 [February 25th, 2021]
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - November 21st, 2021 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Evidence Suggests Testosterone Plays Powerful Role in Motivating Revolutionary Change - October 20th, 2021 [February 15th, 2021]
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - November 27th, 2021 [January 9th, 2021]
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - November 21st, 2021 [January 6th, 2021]
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - November 5th, 2021 [December 25th, 2020]
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - November 3rd, 2021 [December 24th, 2020]
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - October 19th, 2021 [December 23rd, 2020]
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - November 16th, 2021 [December 20th, 2020]
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - November 2nd, 2021 [December 18th, 2020]
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - November 12th, 2021 [December 12th, 2020]
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - October 22nd, 2021 [December 11th, 2020]
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 23rd, 2021 [December 5th, 2020]
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - October 31st, 2022 [December 3rd, 2020]
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - November 21st, 2021 [December 3rd, 2020]
- Low-T and Your Health - October 17th, 2021 [November 30th, 2020]
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - October 17th, 2021 [November 19th, 2020]
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 3rd, 2021 [November 12th, 2020]
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020 [November 11th, 2020]
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - October 21st, 2021 [November 9th, 2020]
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 9th, 2020 [November 8th, 2020]
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 6th, 2020 [November 5th, 2020]
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020 [October 25th, 2020]
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - November 28th, 2021 [October 22nd, 2020]
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - November 18th, 2021 [October 20th, 2020]
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - November 9th, 2021 [October 19th, 2020]
- Testosterone levels in older men - November 23rd, 2021 [October 17th, 2020]
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 29th, 2021 [October 4th, 2020]
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020 [September 30th, 2020]
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020 [September 30th, 2020]
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - November 19th, 2021 [September 30th, 2020]
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - November 4th, 2021 [August 21st, 2020]
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - November 14th, 2021 [August 10th, 2020]
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - November 29th, 2021 [August 6th, 2020]
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - October 31st, 2022 [August 5th, 2020]
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - November 28th, 2021 [August 3rd, 2020]
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - October 26th, 2021 [August 1st, 2020]
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - November 5th, 2021 [July 29th, 2020]
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - October 16th, 2021 [July 26th, 2020]
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - October 23rd, 2021 [July 22nd, 2020]
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - October 20th, 2021 [July 21st, 2020]
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - November 14th, 2021 [July 12th, 2020]
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - November 4th, 2021 [July 6th, 2020]
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - November 11th, 2021 [July 5th, 2020]
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - November 5th, 2021 [July 4th, 2020]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - November 9th, 2021 [June 30th, 2020]
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - November 14th, 2021 [June 28th, 2020]
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - November 20th, 2021 [June 27th, 2020]
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - November 28th, 2021 [June 23rd, 2020]
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - November 18th, 2021 [June 22nd, 2020]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - November 19th, 2021 [June 15th, 2020]
- Physiology of Testosterone - November 12th, 2021 [June 9th, 2020]
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - November 19th, 2021 [May 26th, 2020]
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - January 15th, 2021 [May 21st, 2020]
Word Count: 769