Video Download: High Dose Testosterone Injections May Be A Viable Palliative Late Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment
Video Stream: High Dose Testosterone Injections May Be A Viable Palliative Late Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment
There is some evidence that Testosterone encourages the proliferation of prostate cancer cells, but new research shows that Testosterone Injection directly to the prostate may improve patients' long-term outcomes when dealing with inoperable prostate cancer.
No studies have shown that elevated Testosterone Levels are associated with an increased incidence of Prostate Cancer, but for men with existing Prostate Cancer, high Testosterone Levels can make cancer harder to treat.
Medical professionals have understood for over 70 years that it is possible to slow the growth of Prostate Tumors by suppressing Testosterone Levels in the body.
As a result of this knowledge, and further research derived from that knowledge, advanced prostate cancer is often treated by prescribing the patient with pharmaceuticals designed to sharply slow down the release of Testosterone, and other hormones that can be converted into Testosterone. This medical regimen is known as chemical castration.
Unfortunately, this is often only a stop-gap, short-term measure, like prostate cancer, like many other cancers, is highly adaptive to changes in the environment, and often learns to thrive even in an ecosystem where Testosterone Levels are very low.
They have a few different mechanisms by which this adaptation is possible, two of the most notable being to proliferate new chemical receptors for growth to reduce the need for Testosterone, or simply to increase the concentration of Testosterone Receptors in order to respond more readily to suppressed Testosterone Levels.
As these adaptations have been recognized by medical researchers, there are other methods that have been established in an attempt to circumvent resistance, one of which is by prescribing a medication designed to prevent Testosterone from binding to its receptor sites in cancer cells, but tumors have been shown to adapt to this treatment as well.
Testosterone Treatment Slows Progression of Advanced Prostate Cancer
Recent research has shown that it may be possible to improve outcomes for some advanced prostate cancer patients by limiting Testosterone Levels most of the time, and by flooding the tumor with Testosterone occasionally.
In Prostate Cancers that do not respond adequately to Testosterone Suppression, it may be possible to slow the spread of the tumor by injecting high doses of Testosterone directly into the cancer cell.
Interestingly enough, the same physiological adaptation that causes these Prostate Cancer cells to thrive in an ecosystem where Testosterone Levels are low makes them highly vulnerable to relatively high doses of Testosterone. In this case, a high volume of the adapted cells dies off, unable to function in the Testosterone-rich environment.
Clinical Trials Test Prostate Cancer Hypothesis in Humans
The promise of this study has advanced to a point at which the treatment has moved into real clinical trials, for men with advanced prostate cancer, with tumors adapted to Low Testosterone.
Sixteen patients were selected for this study, the majority of which had Prostate Cancer which had already spread to other areas of the body through the process of metastasis.
In this study, each of the patients continued with treatments designed to suppress Testosterone, but once every four weeks, they received a very high dose of Testosterone, which vastly increases Testosterone concentrations for a relatively short period of time, before returning to previous levels.
This hill-and-valley approach to Prostate Cancer treatment appears to benefit these patients with advanced, resistant Prostate Cancer, because it prevents Low-T Adapted Cancer Cells from proliferating while promoting the long-term benefits of Testosterone Suppression for these patients.
Results of Testosterone Prostate Cancer Study
Among the patients that received treatment, 14 of the 16 were able to tolerate the experiment, whereas two were forced to quit the study early as a result of side-effects. Among the other fourteen patients, half experienced benefits from these monthly Testosterone Injections.
Prostate Cancer activity was monitored through the evaluation of PSA-Count, and seven of the patients experienced a decline in PSA which could be associated with diminishing tumors. In the end, four patients experienced a decline in short-term prostate cancer growth, and one patient even experienced temporary remission.
Prostate Tumors Appear to Slowly Return for Most Patients
Unfortunately, like other forms of treatment for these patients, the prostate tumors eventually began to adapt to the changing environment, after an average of around seven months.
Among the patients that did not respond to treatment, there did not appear to be an overly negative response to the therapy, so even if it ends up being ineffective for half of the patients, it may still be worth it to attempt the treatment on a large segment of patients with advanced prostate cancer of this kind.
Contact Us Now
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 1st, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - July 19th, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - July 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - June 29th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
- A New Link Between Testosterone and the Prevention of Dementia in Women - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Women Make Better Money Managers - April 30th, 2020
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - April 28th, 2020
- Testosterone Drug, Androxal, Helped Gay Cubans Have More Sex - April 10th, 2020
- Androxal Meets its Testosterone Study Goals - April 1st, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low on Testosterone? No Problem! - February 10th, 2020
- Dr. Richard Bebb - Testosterone, Diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome - Video - January 21st, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - September 16th, 2019
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 2nd, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 2nd, 2019
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - August 12th, 2019
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - August 11th, 2019
- TEFINA: Nasal Spray That Can Increase Female Orgasms - August 10th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - August 9th, 2019
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - August 4th, 2019
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - August 1st, 2019
- Behavior and Lifestyle Linked to the Effect of Declining Testosterone, Not Necessarily Natural Aging - July 31st, 2019
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - July 28th, 2019
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - July 20th, 2019
- Some experts say testosterone decline is a normal part of aging in men - July 14th, 2019
- The Secret to Guys Sex Appeal: Low Stress, High Testosterone, Strong Immunity - July 7th, 2019
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - July 4th, 2019
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - August 9th, 2016
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
Word Count: 769