Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause
Whatever you call it—Hypogonadism, Andropause, or Low-T—Testosterone Deficiency is no laughing matter, nor is it something that you should feel any embarrassment about. There are several highly effective treatments for Testosterone Deficiency, and one of the oldest and most reliable is Injectable Testosterone Therapy.
Testosterone Injections are physician-prescribed and deliver between three days and three weeks of Testosterone in a single shot, dependent upon the formulation.
The most oft-prescribed form of Low-T Injection in the United States in known as Testosterone Cypionate, and it is designed to be injected once every seven to ten days for maximum effectiveness.
How Do Testosterone Injections Work?
Low-T Injections work by directly supplementing your body's supply of Testosterone with a Recombinant, Bio-Identical form of the hormone that is produced by a pharmaceutical manufacturer or compounding pharmacy. Testosterone Injections, for the most part, are ester compounds.
Esterization is a process by which Bio-Identical Testosterone is chemically linked to an ester compound in order to slow down the rate by which the body absorbs the medication.
This is why Testosterone Injections last as long as they do. Testosterone is normally absorbed quickly and readily by the human body, but when combined to an ester, it “locks” the Testosterone in a dormant state until it is freed from the bond created between the two compounds.
The half-life of a Testosterone Injection is directly correlated with the size of the ester compound that is attached—the larger the ester, the longer it takes for the Testosterone delivered in a single injection to be fully absorbed by the body.
How Are Testosterone Shots Given?
Injectable Testosterone is delivered intramuscularly, meaning that the medication is delivered directly into muscle tissue. Testosterone is generally delivered in an oil suspension.
Intramuscular Testosterone Injections are delivered with a needle that is 22-23 gauge, and with a needle that is from 1-1.5 inches long, depending on the size of the muscle and the amount of tissue covering the fat. Testosterone Injections can be delivered to a number of different muscle groups, but are often delivered into the thigh, gluteal muscle, biceps, or deltoids.
Testosterone Injection Dosage
Testosterone Dosage depends upon a few different factors. For example, the severity of your deficiency will warrant a particular concentration of Testosterone for maximum benefit.
Also, the particular type of Testosterone Injection you are prescribed will affect the dosage, because both the size of the ester and the length of time between doses will alter the amount of Testosterone that you are prescribed per administration.
The goal of Testosterone Therapy is not to unnecessarily elevate Testosterone Levels, but to bring Testosterone Levels up to healthy concentrations associated with those experienced during the twenties and thirties.
Generally, the goal of the prescription will be to increase Testosterone Levels to what is considered mid-normal for a young and healthy man. The older that a man gets, the more sensitive that he becomes to Testosterone, so patients over the age of sixty will often start out at a lower dose, and increase dosage as needed.
Testosterone Injection Benefits
For men with Clinical Testosterone Deficiency of any kind, Testosterone Injections can provide a wide variety of benefits. Because Testosterone is such a potent and omnipresent hormone, it provides benefits all throughout the body.
It speeds up metabolism, making it easier to maintain or improve body composition and burn body fat. Testosterone Injections also increase the body's ability to sustain and build muscle mass.
It sustains muscle mass even without exercise, but by combining it with a healthy exercise regimen, it is possible to amplify the muscle-building power.
There is also evidence that Low-T Treatments, including injections, have the ability to support optimal cognitive and emotional health as well.
Testosterone Injection Therapy also improves sexual health to a potentially remarkable degree, especially for patients that are experiencing a decline in quality of life directly associated with their loss of sexual ability. Testosterone has the ability to increase libido and augments sexual function.
Many men that don't appropriately respond to Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra respond readily to Testosterone Therapy. Some other patients may require both treatments simultaneously to achieve optimal sexual ability.
Testosterone provides its most potent benefits when combined with a lifestyle that puts an emphasis on health and wellness. If you want to make the most out of your Low-T Therapy, it is recommended to exercise regularly and prioritize healthy eating and healthy living.
Types of Testosterone Injection for Men
Testosterone Decanoate – This form of Testosterone is the longest-acting of the commonly prescribed Testosterone Injection Treatments. A single injection of this compound remains active in the bloodstream for two weeks to a full month.
Evidence suggests, however, that Testosterone concentrations fall off rather steadily after two weeks, which means that the patient will likely need to administer an injection every two to three weeks to maintain steady hormone levels.
Testosterone Cypionate – This is the most commonly used form of Low-T Injection in the United States. It has a half-life of around 12 days, and is designed to be injected once every seven to fourteen days. Because of its relatively long duration, it is the most popular Testosterone Injection in America.
It is preferred by many to Testosterone Decanoate because it supplies a more steady and predictable pattern of Testosterone, and also allows the prescribing physician to adjust the treatment more readily in the instance of side-effects.
Testosterone Enanthate – This is the most common form of Testosterone Injection globally, although it is very rarely used in the United States, which opts for its cousin, Testosterone Cypionate. The only difference between Cypionate and Enanthate is a single Carbon molecule added to the ester.
Enanthate has 7 carbons, whereas Cypionate has 8 carbons. Although this means that Cypionate remains active very slightly longer, in terms of Testosterone Replacement Therapy, the two medications are interchangeable.
Testosterone Propionate – Testosterone Propionate is the smallest common Testosterone Ester used for Low-T Injection. This form of Testosterone is delivered two to three times per week.
Although it is not as popular as Testosterone Cypionate, it is associated with a lower level of water retention since it stays in the system for a shorter period of time, making it popular among people interested in gaining muscle mass.
- The Evolutionary Effects of Testosterone on Human Society - September 20th, 2021
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - September 7th, 2021
- Men Want to Know – Free Testosterone versus Total Testosterone - August 24th, 2021
- What is testosterone? - May 23rd, 2021
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - May 22nd, 2021
- Boosting testosterone levels (First of two parts) - May 8th, 2021
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - May 1st, 2021
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 28th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Deer Antler, HGH and Testosterone: Tim on Scott and BR Radio Show - Video - April 17th, 2021
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - April 14th, 2021
- How Testosterone Affects the Skin of Men - April 11th, 2021
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - April 8th, 2021
- Testosterone Levels and Wall Street - March 27th, 2021
- Women can resist testosterone-fuelled political debate - March 12th, 2021
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - March 11th, 2021
- Attention Baby Boomers -- Could Testosterone be the Modern Day "Fountain of Youth?" - March 4th, 2021
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - February 28th, 2021
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - February 28th, 2021
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - February 27th, 2021
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - February 25th, 2021
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - February 22nd, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Testosterone Plays Powerful Role in Motivating Revolutionary Change - February 15th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - January 9th, 2021
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - January 6th, 2021
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 25th, 2020
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - December 24th, 2020
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - December 20th, 2020
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - December 18th, 2020
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - December 12th, 2020
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - December 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 5th, 2020
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 3rd, 2020
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - December 3rd, 2020
- Low-T and Your Health - November 30th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - November 19th, 2020
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 12th, 2020
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - November 9th, 2020
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 8th, 2020
- Intricate relationship between Oestrogen & Testosterone XXY Guys (Klinefelters' syndrome) - Video - November 7th, 2020
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 5th, 2020
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - October 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - October 20th, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - October 19th, 2020
- Testosterone levels in older men - October 17th, 2020
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - September 30th, 2020
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 1st, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - May 21st, 2020
- How to Raise Testosterone Naturally. Sermorelin - Some Have Called It A The New Fountain of Youth. A Natural Cure for Anxiety and Depression. - May 9th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
Word Count: 1058