Most men assume that high Testosterone Levels are a sign of optimal health.
Most guys have it in their head that more is better.
That just isn't always the case, however, and it's especially true with Testosterone. To protect and preserve your wellness, it's only necessary to have Testosterone Levels in the normal range.
Still, men across the globe are turning to OTC Testosterone Supplements that purport to boost Testosterone Levels sky-high, presumably to help men feel stronger and sexier.
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/289159490
Video Download: The Effects Of Testosterone Among Healthy Men And Men With Low T
Video Stream: The Effects Of Testosterone Among Healthy Men And Men With Low T
Our Hormone Clinic does not recommend that men artificially increase their Testosterone Levels above the normal range.
This vastly increases the risk of side-effects even when using pharmaceutical-grade Testosterone, and the use of Over-the-Counter Testosterone Supplements only increases the chances further.
Clinical Research shows that having Testosterone Levels in the healthy range is optimal, and there are no severe benefits to amplifying your Testosterone Levels further, beyond merely increased muscle mass.
What Are Normal Testosterone Levels?
There is still a lot of institutional debate regarding what is officially considered the Normal Range for Testosterone, but the consensus is that T-Levels between 300 and 1000 ng/dl are ideal.
To date, there are still questions being asked regarding the benefits of being at the top of this range vs. being at the bottom.
At this time, all signs suggest that there is only a minimal difference in wellness between those toward the bottom of the Healthy Testosterone span and its highest bound.
Dr. Bhasin of Harvard Medical School agrees. He says that libido and energy are most profoundly affected by those with Testosterone Production below 300 ng/dl.
Recent research published by the Journal of the American Medical Association examined the difference in the effects of Testosterone Replacement for patients with Clinically Low Testosterone (average 230 ng/dl) to those that received HRT Treatment in the Low but Normal Range (300+).
Both groups received Testosterone Replacement Therapy sufficient to boost Testosterone to 500 ng/dl. The Low Testosterone Group experienced significant benefits in fatigue-reduction and sex drive, while those in the Low-Normal Range experienced no such tangible benefit.
The Effects of Testosterone on Muscle Mass
There is one particular area where Testosterone Treatments have an impact regardless of starting Testosterone Levels—Muscle Mass.
Testosterone Injections, Patches, and Creams have a proven anabolic effect on muscle mass, which makes it popular among those that want to improve strength and muscle mass.
While this may be the case, the risks associated with Artificially High Testosterone Levels are much more significant than the benefits.
On the other hand, amplifying Testosterone in this way does not benefit elderly men in areas that are most important, specifically about general mobility.
Who Should Use Testosterone and Why Do Testosterone Levels Fall?
There are lots of things that cause Testosterone Production to drop. Chronic Inflammation can tap stores of important Testosterone Precursors. Obesity converts existing Testosterone into Estrogen Compounds.
Even being around your kids can have a suppressive impact on Testosterone Production, likely for evolutionary reasons.
In general, though, we all experience the same pathway of Testosterone Decline. Testosterone Production plateaus during the twenties before finally beginning a progressive decline from age thirty, onward.
Testosterone Production falls by around 1% per year, not enough to notice in a year or even five years, but it can eventually have an impact, depending on your physiological baseline Testosterone Production.
Low Testosterone is a relatively common medical issue for aging men, affecting around 5% of guys in their fifties, contributing primarily to problems like fatigue and low sex drive.
Currently, the FDA gives explicit approval for men with Testosterone Levels below 300 ng/dl to initiate Testosterone Therapy. Some men lose Testosterone Production because of illness, disease, or trauma.
Others need Testosterone because aging has depleted their ability to produce Testosterone. Most insurance companies cover Testosterone Replacement Therapy as long as the patient is experiencing symptoms, and Testosterone Levels are verified twice before Low-T Treatment is prescribed.
The Endocrine Society agrees with the FDA's guidelines as of March 2018, and strongly recommends that men at high risk for Prostate Cancer or those that have had a heart attack or stroke in the last six months not take Testosterone.
Every Man Has Unique Testosterone Needs
While the FDA Suggests that Bio-Identical Testosterone is only for use by patients with Testosterone Levels below 300 ng/dl, these recommendations are not legally binding, and doctors are urged to prescribe Testosterone at their discretion.
Many doctors choose to prescribe Testosterone to men that display the symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency even if Hormone Testing shows that they are in the normal range.
For example, some men report sexual and metabolic benefits from Testosterone at T-Levels as high as 450 ng/dl. Of course, for these patients, there may be a placebo effect at play.
In the end, it's up to you and your doctor whether Testosterone is right for you. Our Licensed Hormone Clinic offers Comprehensive Metabolic Testing for Low-T and other forms of Hormone Imbalance.
If our tests reveal that you may be a candidate for Testosterone Therapy, we provide a range of Low-T Treatment Options designed to boost your vitality and maximize your quality of life!
Hormone Replacement Therapy and Physical Function in Healthy Older Men. Time to Talk Hormones?
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Are All HRT Clinics the Same? - April 30th, 2023 [April 21st, 2023]
- Avatar director James Cameron says testosterone is toxic. Commentators on Twitter call him a 'beta male' - December 6th, 2022 [December 6th, 2022]
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - January 16th, 2023 [December 1st, 2022]
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 12th, 2022 [November 8th, 2022]
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022 [October 27th, 2022]
- Male menopause: it’s real! - December 16th, 2022 [October 26th, 2022]
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - January 2nd, 2023 [October 5th, 2022]
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - October 7th, 2022 [September 25th, 2022]
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - January 16th, 2023 [September 25th, 2022]
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 9th, 2022 [September 1st, 2022]
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - December 31st, 2022 [August 2nd, 2022]
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 24th, 2022 [June 14th, 2022]
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - June 24th, 2022 [February 10th, 2022]
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - June 24th, 2022 [December 16th, 2021]
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - May 17th, 2023 [November 27th, 2021]
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 26th, 2021 [November 9th, 2021]
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - November 17th, 2021 [October 30th, 2021]
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - November 27th, 2021 [October 2nd, 2021]
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - November 6th, 2021 [September 9th, 2021]
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - November 27th, 2021 [September 9th, 2021]
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 18th, 2021 [September 8th, 2021]
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - November 2nd, 2021 [September 8th, 2021]
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - October 18th, 2021 [August 6th, 2021]
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - November 29th, 2021 [July 1st, 2021]
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - November 12th, 2021 [June 24th, 2021]
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - November 11th, 2021 [June 3rd, 2021]
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - November 16th, 2021 [May 28th, 2021]
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 19th, 2021 [May 13th, 2021]
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - October 29th, 2021 [May 6th, 2021]
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - November 16th, 2021 [April 29th, 2021]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021 [April 15th, 2021]
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - November 19th, 2021 [April 14th, 2021]
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - November 6th, 2021 [April 8th, 2021]
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - November 21st, 2021 [April 8th, 2021]
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - November 18th, 2021 [April 4th, 2021]
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - November 18th, 2021 [March 22nd, 2021]
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - November 1st, 2021 [March 15th, 2021]
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - October 16th, 2021 [March 9th, 2021]
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - October 21st, 2021 [March 5th, 2021]
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - November 6th, 2021 [March 5th, 2021]
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - November 27th, 2021 [March 3rd, 2021]
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - October 17th, 2021 [February 24th, 2021]
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - October 24th, 2021 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 3rd, 2021 [February 21st, 2021]
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 1st, 2021 [February 19th, 2021]
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - November 12th, 2021 [February 17th, 2021]
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 24th, 2021 [February 16th, 2021]
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - November 17th, 2021 [February 12th, 2021]
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 12th, 2021 [February 10th, 2021]
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 27th, 2021 [February 9th, 2021]
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - November 1st, 2021 [February 8th, 2021]
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2021 [February 7th, 2021]
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - November 6th, 2021 [February 7th, 2021]
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 6th, 2021 [February 6th, 2021]
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 31st, 2021 [February 4th, 2021]
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 26th, 2021 [February 3rd, 2021]
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2021 [January 29th, 2021]
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 20th, 2021 [January 27th, 2021]
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 19th, 2021 [January 24th, 2021]
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 20th, 2021 [January 23rd, 2021]
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - November 15th, 2021 [January 21st, 2021]
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 15th, 2021 [January 14th, 2021]
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - October 18th, 2021 [December 30th, 2020]
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - November 7th, 2021 [December 23rd, 2020]
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - November 28th, 2021 [December 16th, 2020]
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - October 31st, 2021 [December 15th, 2020]
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 29th, 2021 [December 9th, 2020]
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - November 19th, 2021 [December 4th, 2020]
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - November 16th, 2021 [December 1st, 2020]
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 19th, 2021 [November 29th, 2020]
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 29th, 2021 [November 25th, 2020]
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 18th, 2021 [November 24th, 2020]
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 3rd, 2021 [November 16th, 2020]
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - October 29th, 2021 [November 14th, 2020]
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - October 26th, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - October 23rd, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 5th, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 21st, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 14th, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
Word Count: 881