In spite of the fascination with sex by the Western public and encouraged by the Western media, there are still many aspects of our sexuality, in which we are misinformed, largely because of our still somewhat-Puritanical views on sex in many aspects. A recent book looks to dispel some of these sex-myths, and it is called “Sex by Numbers: What statistics can tell us about sexual behavior.” In a world where we are fascinated by the mythology behind sexuality, this book attempts to dispel (or validate) those myths using real scientific data about sexuality. The author of the book is Cambridge professor Dr. David Spielgalhalter.
What is the average male penis size?
The commonly held wisdom regarding penis-size is that the average length of the male penis is around six inches. This myth is among the easiest to clarify, because there has been an abundance of research in recent years regarding penis size all across the world. One group of researchers performed a survey of twenty different studies specifically related to penis-size, measuring over 15,000 men across the globe.
One of the issues which made previous studies so inaccurate was that they largely revolved around “self-report” and were thus not truly scientific studies. Men, even to an anonymous surveyor, are likely to fib or exagerate their penis size, and many measure their penises in different ways—likely whichever way provides them the best result.
In all of these twenty studies, the length of the penis was calculated by a medical professional, in order to both standardize the methodology and provide a disinterested observer in order to get honest answers.
What researchers found was that men on average are about 5.2 inches long when hard, and that the average girth was 4.6 inches. The majority of men were in the 4.2-6.2 inch range.
What is the Correct Way to Measure a Penis?
In order to measure your penis in a scientifically valid manner, it is important to use measuring tape which follows the contour of the penis, rather than a firm ruler. The penis should be measured when hard, along the top. The penis is considered to protrude from the pubic bone, so push the base of the tape down so that it presses firmly against the pubic bone, and lead the ruler to the tip.
How Long Is the Average Sex Session?
Another aspect of human sexuality which is misunderstood is, “How long does healthy sex last on average?” Older studies suggested that a couple reaches ejaculation after an average of 2-3 minutes. Futher investigation has discovered that these early studies were highly flawed, and that sex generally lasts around nine minutes.
One of the largest studies was conducted in Europe, where 1,100 sets of partners were monitored for two months. They tried to have sex at least twice a week and were provided a stopwatch to keep track of the length of their sessions. The timer began upon penetration and was stopped after the male ejaculated.
Men that Exercise Regularly Have Harder Erections
Another recent study evaluated male sexual ability based upon the frequency with which they exercised. This research was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. What they discovered shouldn’t be all that surprising. Men that exercised a minimum of eighteen hours per week on average had the highest levels of sexual function, while those that exercised the least had far greater issues with sexual performance.
Do Pornography Habits Affect Male Sexual Ability?
There is a long-standing myth that has proliferated in the internet age that men that spend too much time looking at porn are more likely to experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction. It’s believed that they spend so much energy watching porn that they don’t have anything left for their partner. All signs indicate that there is no truth to this myth, and recent surveys corroborate. For the most part, there is no strong correlation between erectile dysfunction and porn-viewing habits.
There is a bit of evidence that suggests that those that have issues with sexual performance are more likely to watch porn to fulfill their sexual desire, but this is associated with the social stigma of erectile dysfunction.
Does Size Really Matter?
Having a long penis has long been associated with sexual prowess, but sex isn’t all about length. In fact, when surveying the stance of twenty-five prominent sex therapists, none of the experts considered size to be a top-consideration with regard to potential pleasure derived from good sex.
Do Men with Large Feet have Large Penises?
A longstanding misconception is the size of a man’s feet or hands is associated with the size of his penis. No studies have contributed credence to these beliefs, and there is no connection between the size of a man’s penis and the size of his feet or hands, when controlled for height. On the other hand, height does play a strong role in penis-length. Men that are taller are more likely to have lengthier penises.
Do Bald Men Have Stronger Libidos?
As opposed to the three previous questions, it appears that this myth is true. Male Pattern Baldness is associated with elevated levels of Testosterone in men. Hair loss is also well-known as a symptom of Testosterone Abuse. Men with high levels of Testosterone also have high levels of DHT, or Dihydrotestosterone. DHT is a derivitive of Testosterone, and contributes to the risk of baldness. Because DHT is associated with Testosterone, men that are bald or balding are more likely to have a stronger sex drive.
Contact Us Now
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A new form of testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 12th, 2018
- Testosterone: should you take it to regain your libido and youthful energy? - January 10th, 2018
- Manhood Washed Away: You could unknowingly be annihilating your testosterone - January 6th, 2018
- Testicular cancer survivors are at risk for low testosterone - January 5th, 2018
- New Research proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 30th, 2017
- Skinny bartender with Low Testosterone becomes a ripped bodybuilder - December 29th, 2017
- Five Facts About Testosterone (that maybe you didn't know) - December 23rd, 2017
- How To Build Muscle Quickly By Boosting Testosterone Levels - December 22nd, 2017
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - December 16th, 2017
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost your Testosterone Levels - December 15th, 2017
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy boosts aerobic capacity - December 9th, 2017
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) reduces the risk of serious adverse health consequences! - December 8th, 2017
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's share price SKYROCKET - December 2nd, 2017
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 1st, 2017
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the arteries) in Older Men - November 25th, 2017
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT cause prostate cancer to spread - November 18th, 2017
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - November 17th, 2017
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone. - November 11th, 2017
- The testosterone industry globally is booming - November 10th, 2017
- Five Benefits of Testosterone that you need to know - November 4th, 2017
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - October 26th, 2017
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - October 14th, 2017
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - October 9th, 2017
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Buy Steroids Online | Anabolic Steroids for Sale ... - February 8th, 2016
- Myokem Magnitropin, Testosterone Boosting King, Safe and ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - January 28th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - October 26th, 2015
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - October 24th, 2015
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - October 24th, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - October 12th, 2015
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - October 10th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - September 30th, 2015
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - September 28th, 2015
- Low-T and Your Health - September 25th, 2015
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - September 19th, 2015
- Seven Types of Drugs that Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - September 19th, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - September 15th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 12th, 2015
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 11th, 2015
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 8th, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 1st, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015
- Depo-Testosterone Inj - Uses, Side Effects, Interactions ... - May 24th, 2015