Video Download: The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths
Video Stream: The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths
Despite the fascination with sex by the Western public and encouraged by the Western media, there are still many aspects of our sexuality, in which we are misinformed, largely because of our still somewhat-Puritanical views on sex in many aspects.
A recent book looks to dispel some of these sex-myths, and it is called “Sex by Numbers: What statistics can tell us about sexual behavior.” In a world where we are fascinated by the mythology behind sexuality, this book attempts to dispel (or validate) those myths using real scientific data about sexuality. The author of the book is Cambridge professor Dr. David Spielgalhalter.
What is the average male penis size?
The commonly held wisdom regarding penis-size is that the average length of the male penis is around six inches. This myth is among the easiest to clarify because research has been abundant in recent years regarding penis size all across the world.
One group of researchers performed a survey of twenty different studies related explicitly to penis-size, measuring over 15,000 men across the globe.
One of the issues which made previous studies so inaccurate was that they mostly revolved around “self-report” and were thus not truly scientific studies. Men, even to an anonymous surveyor, are likely to fib or exaggerate their penis size, and many measure their penises in different ways—likely whichever way provides them the best result.
In all of these twenty studies, the length of the penis was calculated by a medical professional, to both standardize the methodology and provide a disinterested observer to get honest answers.
What researchers found was that men on average are about 5.2 inches long when hard and that the average girth was 4.6 inches. The majority of men were in the 4.2-6.2 inch range.
What is the Correct Way to Measure a Penis?
To measure your penis in a scientifically valid manner, it is vital to use measuring tape, which follows the contour of the penis rather than a firm ruler. The penis should be measured when hard, along the top. The penis is considered to protrude from the pubic bone, so push the base of the tape down so that it presses firmly against the pubic bone, and lead the ruler to the tip.
How Long Is the Average Sex Session?
Another aspect of human sexuality that is misunderstood is, “How long does healthy sex last on average?” Older studies suggested that a couple reaches ejaculation after an average of 2-3 minutes. Further investigation has discovered that these early studies were highly flawed, and that sex generally lasts around nine minutes.
One of the largest studies was conducted in Europe, where 1,100 sets of partners were monitored for two months. They tried to have sex at least twice a week and were provided a stopwatch to keep track of the length of their sessions. The timer began upon penetration and was stopped after the male ejaculated.
Men that Exercise Regularly Have Harder Erections
Another recent study evaluated male sexual ability based upon the frequency with which they exercised. This research was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. What they discovered shouldn't be all that surprising.
Men that exercised a minimum of eighteen hours per week on average had the highest levels of sexual function, while those that exercised the least had far greater issues with sexual performance.
Do Pornography Habits Affect Male Sexual Ability?
There is a long-standing myth that has proliferated in the internet age that men that spend too much time looking at porn are more likely to experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
It's believed that they spend so much energy watching porn that they don't have anything left for their partner. All signs indicate that there is no truth to this myth, and recent surveys corroborate. For the most part, there is no strong correlation between erectile dysfunction and porn-viewing habits.
There is a bit of evidence that suggests that those that have issues with sexual performance are more likely to watch porn to fulfill their sexual desire, but this is associated with the social stigma of erectile dysfunction.
Does Size Really Matter?
Having a long penis has long been associated with sexual prowess, but sex isn't all about length. In fact, when surveying the stance of twenty-five prominent sex therapists, none of the experts considered size to be a top-consideration about potential pleasure derived from good sex.
Do Men with Large Feet have Large Penises?
A longstanding misconception is the size of a man's feet, or hands is associated with the size of his penis. No studies have contributed credence to these beliefs, and there is no connection between the size of a man's penis and the size of his feet or hands when controlled for height.
On the other hand, height does play a strong role in penis-length. Taller men are more likely to have lengthier penises.
Do Bald Men Have Stronger Libidos?
As opposed to the three previous questions, it appears that this myth is true. Male Pattern Baldness is associated with elevated levels of testosterone in men.
Hair loss is also well-known as a symptom of Testosterone Abuse. Men with high levels of Testosterone also have high levels of DHT or Dihydrotestosterone.
DHT is a derivative of Testosterone and contributes to the risk of baldness. Because DHT is associated with Testosterone, men that are bald or balding are more likely to have a stronger sex drive.
- Boosting testosterone levels (First of two parts) - May 8th, 2021
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - May 1st, 2021
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 28th, 2021
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 25th, 2021
- Deer Antler, HGH and Testosterone: Tim on Scott and BR Radio Show - Video - April 17th, 2021
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - April 14th, 2021
- How Testosterone Affects the Skin of Men - April 11th, 2021
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - April 8th, 2021
- Testosterone Levels and Wall Street - March 27th, 2021
- Women can resist testosterone-fuelled political debate - March 12th, 2021
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - March 11th, 2021
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - March 4th, 2021
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - February 28th, 2021
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - February 28th, 2021
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - February 27th, 2021
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - February 25th, 2021
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - February 22nd, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Testosterone Plays Powerful Role in Motivating Revolutionary Change - February 15th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - January 9th, 2021
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - January 6th, 2021
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 25th, 2020
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - December 24th, 2020
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - December 20th, 2020
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - December 18th, 2020
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - December 12th, 2020
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - December 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 5th, 2020
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 3rd, 2020
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - December 3rd, 2020
- Low-T and Your Health - November 30th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - November 19th, 2020
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 12th, 2020
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - November 9th, 2020
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 8th, 2020
- Intricate relationship between Oestrogen & Testosterone XXY Guys (Klinefelters' syndrome) - Video - November 7th, 2020
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 5th, 2020
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - October 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - October 20th, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - October 19th, 2020
- Testosterone levels in older men - October 17th, 2020
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - September 30th, 2020
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 1st, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - July 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - June 29th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - May 21st, 2020
- How to Raise Testosterone Naturally. Sermorelin - Some Have Called It A The New Fountain of Youth. A Natural Cure for Anxiety and Depression. - May 9th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
- A New Link Between Testosterone and the Prevention of Dementia in Women - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Women Make Better Money Managers - April 30th, 2020
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - April 28th, 2020
- Testosterone Drug, Androxal, Helped Gay Cubans Have More Sex - April 10th, 2020
Word Count: 916