Video Download: The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths
Video Stream: The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths
In spite of the fascination with sex by the Western public and encouraged by the Western media, there are still many aspects of our sexuality, in which we are misinformed, largely because of our still somewhat-Puritanical views on sex in many aspects. A recent book looks to dispel some of these sex-myths, and it is called “Sex by Numbers: What statistics can tell us about sexual behavior.” In a world where we are fascinated by the mythology behind sexuality, this book attempts to dispel (or validate) those myths using real scientific data about sexuality. The author of the book is Cambridge professor Dr. David Spielgalhalter.
What is the average male penis size?
The commonly held wisdom regarding penis-size is that the average length of the male penis is around six inches. This myth is among the easiest to clarify, because there has been an abundance of research in recent years regarding penis size all across the world. One group of researchers performed a survey of twenty different studies specifically related to penis-size, measuring over 15,000 men across the globe.
One of the issues which made previous studies so inaccurate was that they largely revolved around “self-report” and were thus not truly scientific studies. Men, even to an anonymous surveyor, are likely to fib or exaggerate their penis size, and many measure their penises in different ways—likely whichever way provides them the best result.
In all of these twenty studies, the length of the penis was calculated by a medical professional, in order to both standardize the methodology and provide a disinterested observer in order to get honest answers.
What researchers found was that men on average are about 5.2 inches long when hard, and that the average girth was 4.6 inches. The majority of men were in the 4.2-6.2 inch range.
What is the Correct Way to Measure a Penis?
In order to measure your penis in a scientifically valid manner, it is important to use measuring tape which follows the contour of the penis, rather than a firm ruler. The penis should be measured when hard, along the top. The penis is considered to protrude from the pubic bone, so push the base of the tape down so that it presses firmly against the pubic bone, and lead the ruler to the tip.
How Long Is the Average Sex Session?
Another aspect of human sexuality which is misunderstood is, “How long does healthy sex last on average?” Older studies suggested that a couple reaches ejaculation after an average of 2-3 minutes. Futher investigation has discovered that these early studies were highly flawed, and that sex generally lasts around nine minutes.
One of the largest studies was conducted in Europe, where 1,100 sets of partners were monitored for two months. They tried to have sex at least twice a week and were provided a stopwatch to keep track of the length of their sessions. The timer began upon penetration and was stopped after the male ejaculated.
Men that Exercise Regularly Have Harder Erections
Another recent study evaluated male sexual ability based upon the frequency with which they exercised. This research was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. What they discovered shouldn't be all that surprising. Men that exercised a minimum of eighteen hours per week on average had the highest levels of sexual function, while those that exercised the least had far greater issues with sexual performance.
Do Pornography Habits Affect Male Sexual Ability?
There is a long-standing myth that has proliferated in the internet age that men that spend too much time looking at porn are more likely to experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction. It's believed that they spend so much energy watching porn that they don't have anything left for their partner. All signs indicate that there is no truth to this myth, and recent surveys corroborate. For the most part, there is no strong correlation between erectile dysfunction and porn-viewing habits.
There is a bit of evidence that suggests that those that have issues with sexual performance are more likely to watch porn to fulfill their sexual desire, but this is associated with the social stigma of erectile dysfunction.
Does Size Really Matter?
Having a long penis has long been associated with sexual prowess, but sex isn't all about length. In fact, when surveying the stance of twenty-five prominent sex therapists, none of the experts considered size to be a top-consideration with regard to potential pleasure derived from good sex.
Do Men with Large Feet have Large Penises?
A longstanding misconception is the size of a man's feet or hands is associated with the size of his penis. No studies have contributed credence to these beliefs, and there is no connection between the size of a man's penis and the size of his feet or hands, when controlled for height. On the other hand, height does play a strong role in penis-length. Men that are taller are more likely to have lengthier penises.
Do Bald Men Have Stronger Libidos?
As opposed to the three previous questions, it appears that this myth is true. Male Pattern Baldness is associated with elevated levels of Testosterone in men. Hair loss is also well-known as a symptom of Testosterone Abuse. Men with high levels of Testosterone also have high levels of DHT, or Dihydrotestosterone. DHT is a derivitive of Testosterone, and contributes to the risk of baldness. Because DHT is associated with Testosterone, men that are bald or balding are more likely to have a stronger sex drive.
Contact Us Now
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- What Is Testosterone AndroGel - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - March 18th, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - March 17th, 2019
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - March 16th, 2019
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - March 16th, 2019
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - March 15th, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 8th, 2018
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 7th, 2018
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - August 9th, 2016
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015
Word Count: 936