healthsection Health Topics A-Z Healthy Living Featured Conditions eHow Now eHow Health Conditions & Treatments Hormone Issues Topical Testosterone Cream Uses
Roz Calvert was a contributing writer for the award-winning ezine Urban Desires where her travel writing and fiction appeared. Writing professionally since 1980, she has penned promotional collateral for Music Magnet Media and various musicians. The "Now Jazz Consortium" published her jazz educational fiction. She published a juvenile book about Zora Neale Hurston and attended West Virginia University and the New School.
Testosterone is a hormone needed by both men and women. Men need testosterone to keep sexual organs healthy and to maintain male characteristics such as deeper voices and larger muscles. Women need the hormone along with estrogen and progesterone to regulate fertility cycles and keep sexual functioning normal. Replacement therapy can be oral or topical. The topical applications are by cream, transdermal patch or gel. Testosterone is mainly used to treat low levels in men, but there are several other uses, all aimed at alleviating symptoms of loss of testosterone or increasing sex drive or male characteristics.
Testosterone topical gel is used to treat the symptoms of low testosterone in men who do not produce enough natural testosterone. Symptoms of low testosterone include decreased sexual desire and sexual function. Men may also have low energy and depression. The loss of muscle tone is also a symptom. Men with low testosterone have more breakable bones and their voices are not as deep. Testosterone gel works by supplying testosterone to replace the testosterone that is normally produced in the body.
Women can use topical testosterone cream to abate symptoms of menopause by building up testosterone levels in the body. Application may be effective in raising the libido in women. Topical applications of testosterone may also relieve the menopausal woman's dry and thin skin. Women may be relieved of vaginal inflammation and dryness associated with hormonal changes.
A skin disorder called lichen sclerosis can appear in any part of the body. One form can occur in the vulva area and vagina. The skin turns shiny, thin and white. The symptoms are itchiness and painful fissures. Treatment typically is topical steroids or a low-oxalate diet, but topical testosterone and progesterone creams have also been proven effective.
Women who wish to change their gender to male use testosterone therapy. This therapy assists in inducing and maintaining masculine secondary sex characteristics. The hormone must be administered on a regular basis to maintain the characteristics. Daily doses of topical testosterone creams in small doses are used. Some of the characteristics include increase and pattern changes in hair growth, changing of body fat positions, deepening of the voice, increased musculature, and increase in sex drive.
One use for topical testosterone is in treating women who have chronically low sexual desire. Though women wishing to become pregnant may not be able to use the topical hormone, others may be helped in achieving a more normal libido. This use of testosterone has not been proven effective scientifically, and research is ongoing.
Topical Testosterone Cream Uses. Topical Testosterone Cream Uses. Testosterone is a hormone needed by both men and women. Men need testosterone to...
Here is the original post:
- Testosterone Cream for Women (LE) - AmericasNutrition.com - May 19th, 2021
- Testosterone Cream for Men | Increase Libido and Stamina - May 13th, 2021
- Testosterone cream and gel for supplementation treating hypogonadism - March 13th, 2021
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- testosterone cream - Professional Online Poker - April 11th, 2016
- LowTestosterone.com - Testosterone Cream - April 11th, 2016
- Testosterone Cream??? | Yahoo Answers - April 3rd, 2016
- The Compounder - Transdermal Testosterone Cream - April 3rd, 2016
- Testosterone Cream - Steroid .com - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone eye cream The Dry Eye Zone - September 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cream for Women - Get Free Offer Today - August 11th, 2015
- Testosterone cream for low sex drive? | Go Ask Alice! - March 2nd, 2015
- 3 treatments to fight aging - January 20th, 2015
- Doctor's Testosterone Gel/ Cream | Increase Muscle Mass ... - December 28th, 2014
- Doctor's Testosterone Creme for Women - Testosterone Cream ... - November 19th, 2014
- Benefit of Testosterone Cream | eHow - eHow | How to ... - October 28th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream for HRT | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - October 28th, 2014
- What Is Testosterone Cream? (with picture) - August 13th, 2014
- Hormone Solutions - Testosterone Cream & Progesterone ... - April 30th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects | eHow - April 14th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects | eHow - eHow | How to ... - January 20th, 2014
- Testosterone Cream - December 8th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream - Steroid .com - Anabolic Steroids ... - December 3rd, 2013
- What Is Testosterone Cream? - wiseGEEK - December 2nd, 2013
- Testosterone Cream - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid .com - November 28th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects! Testosterone Cream Benefits! - November 25th, 2013
- Testosterone Cream - Mens Blog Talk - www.Mensblogtalk.com - Male ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Testosterone Cream Side Effects | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Testosterone Cream Update and Bullworker - Video - October 12th, 2013
- Guide to Applying Testosterone Cream for Women - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Guide to Applying Testosterone Cream for Men - Video - November 2nd, 2012
- Trial date set for steroids accused - May 18th, 2012
- The healthy boost from balanced hormones - February 21st, 2012
- Testosterone Replacement for Men and Women seen on Fox News - Video - November 5th, 2011
- Dispensing and Applying Compounded Testosterone Cream - June 1st, 2011
- The Testosterone Cream, Will It Come Off On My Partner Or Grandchildren? - May 30th, 2011
Word Count: 541