Testosterone has almost a mythic quality about it in our popular culture. It's considered the essence of manhood and masculinity. In many ways, it actually is. But to think about Testosterone in such a compartmentalized way makes it more difficult to understand the intricacies of how the hormone works and what it does for our bodies.
While this article will focus on men's health, Testosterone is important for both men and women—it's just a matter of volume. Men produce and need a lot more Testosterone than their feminine counterparts. Testosterone plays a role in sex drive, immune response, cardiovascular health, and more in both sexes. While Testosterone and Estrogen are primarily responsible for sex differences, both sexes need a sprinkle of the other's stuff for the best overall health outcomes.
There's a lot that we understand about Testosterone, and we're still learning more every year. Testosterone's connection to strength, stamina, sexual function, and libido have been heavily researched, but we're just getting to understand the intricacies of the hormone—especially as it relates to aging. Low-T is a major health hazard in our society, and it seems to be getting worse.
By getting to the root of what's causing this Testosterone Deficiency Epidemic, we can help millions of men nationwide protect their Hormone Balance and live better lives. And we can also more accurately determine when medical intervention is necessary.
Serum Testosterone Peaks In the Morning
If you're interested in making the most of your Testosterone Production, start trying to wake up earlier. Testosterone Levels are strongly correlated with the body's natural sleep cycle, also known as the Circadian Rhythm. Testosterone is most active around the hours of 7 and 10 in the morning. If you sleep in on the weekends, you could be missing out on some of your most productive hours!
Testosterone Levels slowly drop throughout the day, reaching their lowest levels around nightfall. Cortisol also follows this natural pattern. While excess Cortisol is a sign of Chronic Stress, the hormone is also responsible for stimulating you to get out and get busy. Exercise relieves the influence of Cortisol and utilizes your excess Testosterone, reducing stress and helping you achieve fitness.
If possible, arrange your mornings to get the most out of the AM Primetime period. Work out, make love, get out in the yard, or use that flux in Hormone Levels to achieve your goals in your work environment. Testosterone is also linked to confidence and cognitive focus, which are essential tools in negotiation, project planning, and execution.
Testosterone Has Potent Psychological Effects
It's easy to put Testosterone in a box—to think of it as the “sex and muscles” hormone. That's a big mistake, especially for those that are thinking about getting Low-T Treatment. While this aspect of Testosterone's function is less well understood than its physical functions, they are undoubtedly abundant in nature.
A growing collection of studies link Testosterone Deficiency with various issues related to cognitive and psychological well-being. Men with Low-T are more likely to struggle with mood disorders and depression and may even be at higher risk for dementia and memory issues. It is critical that men take into account the psychological symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency when considering treatment. Doctors and specialists have extensive anecdotal evidence that Bio-Identical Testosterone can improve focus, drive, and mental stability. Low-T Therapy also frequently leads to improved memory formation and recollection.
There are Multiple Forms of Testosterone
Another problem with most people's conception of Testosterone is oversimplification. Testosterone exists in a number of different states, all of which affect its function and potency. You can have perfectly normal Testosterone Levels but still have issues utilizing it effectively.
Altogether Testosterone exists in three different ways. The hormone, as most people understand it is Free Testosterone. This Testosterone is instantaneously available to cells. At any time, only a small amount of your Total Testosterone is available freely for utilization. The majority of your circulating Testosterone is molecularly bonded to Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin or Albumin.
Around half of your serum Testosterone is bonded with Albumin. The body uses Albumin to help transport Testosterone to target areas where it's needed. This bond is relatively weak, so it's easy to crack open the bond when required. SHBG also binds to Testosterone, but the link is much stronger, making it locked out of use. Approximately 45% of your Testosterone exists in this state under normal circumstances. This means that only around 5% of Testosterone is totally free. Free and Albumin-Bound Testosterone are both considered Bio-Available—SHBG Bound Testosterone is not.
When testing for Low-T, your doctor will determine levels of Bio-Available Testosterone in order to assess the root of your Testosterone Deficiency. Accurate analysis and diagnosis are critical to providing you the most accurate and effective treatment.
Testosterone Therapy Should Not Be Confused With Doping Or Steroids
When a lot of people think of Testosterone, they think of 'roided out gym rats and bodybuilders. In reality, Testosterone Therapy is something completely different. For one, the goal of Low-T Treatment is to boost Testosterone back into the normal and healthy range for an adult. In essence, it's just to put you on an even playing field with all the other guys. The goal of steroids is to achieve and realize gains that would be impossible without steroid injections or at least a ton of hard work.
In terms of the basics, there's nothing that separates Testosterone Therapy from other forms of treatment associated with Hormone Imbalance, including Insulin, Estrogen, and Thyroid Hormone. Hormone Balance is absolutely essential to good health and optimal wellness. If any part of the Hormone Cascade falls out of alignment, it can lead to issues that impact the whole of the human physiology.
If you feel that you may be a victim of Low-T, understand that there are millions of men just like you throughout America. You should feel no shame in reaching out to a Hormone Specialist for corrective Testosterone Treatment. Bio-Identical Testosterone is very safe when used as directed and prescribed by a professional.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Are All HRT Clinics the Same? - April 30th, 2023 [April 21st, 2023]
- Avatar director James Cameron says testosterone is toxic. Commentators on Twitter call him a 'beta male' - December 6th, 2022 [December 6th, 2022]
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - January 16th, 2023 [December 1st, 2022]
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 12th, 2022 [November 8th, 2022]
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022 [October 27th, 2022]
- Male menopause: it’s real! - December 16th, 2022 [October 26th, 2022]
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - January 2nd, 2023 [October 5th, 2022]
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - October 7th, 2022 [September 25th, 2022]
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - January 16th, 2023 [September 25th, 2022]
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 9th, 2022 [September 1st, 2022]
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - December 31st, 2022 [August 2nd, 2022]
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 24th, 2022 [June 14th, 2022]
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - June 24th, 2022 [February 10th, 2022]
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - June 24th, 2022 [December 16th, 2021]
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - May 17th, 2023 [November 27th, 2021]
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 26th, 2021 [November 9th, 2021]
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - November 17th, 2021 [October 30th, 2021]
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - November 27th, 2021 [October 2nd, 2021]
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - November 6th, 2021 [September 9th, 2021]
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - November 27th, 2021 [September 9th, 2021]
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 18th, 2021 [September 8th, 2021]
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - November 2nd, 2021 [September 8th, 2021]
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - October 18th, 2021 [August 6th, 2021]
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - November 12th, 2021 [June 24th, 2021]
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - November 11th, 2021 [June 3rd, 2021]
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - November 16th, 2021 [May 28th, 2021]
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 19th, 2021 [May 13th, 2021]
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - October 29th, 2021 [May 6th, 2021]
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - November 16th, 2021 [April 29th, 2021]
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021 [April 15th, 2021]
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - November 19th, 2021 [April 14th, 2021]
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - November 6th, 2021 [April 8th, 2021]
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - November 21st, 2021 [April 8th, 2021]
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - November 18th, 2021 [April 4th, 2021]
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - November 18th, 2021 [March 22nd, 2021]
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - November 1st, 2021 [March 15th, 2021]
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - October 16th, 2021 [March 9th, 2021]
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - October 21st, 2021 [March 5th, 2021]
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - November 6th, 2021 [March 5th, 2021]
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - November 27th, 2021 [March 3rd, 2021]
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - October 17th, 2021 [February 24th, 2021]
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - October 24th, 2021 [February 22nd, 2021]
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 3rd, 2021 [February 21st, 2021]
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 1st, 2021 [February 19th, 2021]
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - November 12th, 2021 [February 17th, 2021]
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 24th, 2021 [February 16th, 2021]
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - November 17th, 2021 [February 12th, 2021]
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 12th, 2021 [February 10th, 2021]
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 27th, 2021 [February 9th, 2021]
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - November 1st, 2021 [February 8th, 2021]
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2021 [February 7th, 2021]
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - November 6th, 2021 [February 7th, 2021]
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 6th, 2021 [February 6th, 2021]
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 31st, 2021 [February 4th, 2021]
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - October 26th, 2021 [February 3rd, 2021]
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 23rd, 2021 [January 29th, 2021]
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 20th, 2021 [January 27th, 2021]
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 19th, 2021 [January 24th, 2021]
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 20th, 2021 [January 23rd, 2021]
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - November 15th, 2021 [January 21st, 2021]
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2021 [January 18th, 2021]
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 15th, 2021 [January 14th, 2021]
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - October 18th, 2021 [December 30th, 2020]
- Xyosted Self-Administered Testosterone Therapy FDA-Approved - November 7th, 2021 [December 23rd, 2020]
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - November 28th, 2021 [December 16th, 2020]
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - October 31st, 2021 [December 15th, 2020]
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - November 13th, 2021 [December 14th, 2020]
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 29th, 2021 [December 9th, 2020]
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - November 19th, 2021 [December 4th, 2020]
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - November 16th, 2021 [December 1st, 2020]
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 19th, 2021 [November 29th, 2020]
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - October 29th, 2021 [November 25th, 2020]
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 18th, 2021 [November 24th, 2020]
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 3rd, 2021 [November 16th, 2020]
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - October 29th, 2021 [November 14th, 2020]
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - October 26th, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - October 23rd, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 5th, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 21st, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 14th, 2021 [November 11th, 2020]
Word Count: 1015