AndroGel can transfer from your body to others. This can happen if other people come into contact with the area where AndroGel was applied.
Signs of puberty that are not expected have happened in young children who were accidentally exposed to testosterone through skin-to-skin contact with men using topical testosterone products like AndroGel.
Women and children should avoid contact with the unwashed or unclothed area where AndroGel has been applied.
If a woman or child makes contact with the AndroGel application area, the contact area on the woman or child should be washed well with soap and water right away.
To lower the risk of transfer of AndroGel 1.62%, you should apply it only to your shoulders and upper arms, areas that will be covered by a short-sleeve T-shirt. Do not use AndroGel 1.62% to any other parts of your body, such as your stomach area (abdomen), penis, scrotum, chest, armpits (axillae), or knees.
Wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying. After the gel has dried, cover the application area with clothing until you have washed the application area well or have showered.
If you expect another person to have skin-to-skin contact with your shoulders or upper arms, first wash the application area well with soap and water. To lower the risk of transfer of AndroGel 1%, you should apply it only to areas that will be covered by a short-sleeve T-shirt.
These areas include shoulders, upper arms, and stomach area. Do not apply AndroGel 1% to any other parts of your body such as your penis, scrotum, chest, armpits (axillae), knees, or back. Wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying AndroGel. After the gel has dried, cover the application area with clothing.
If you expect to have skin-to-skin contact with another person, first wash the application area well with soap and water.
Stop using AndroGel and call your healthcare provider right away if you see any signs and symptoms of puberty in a child or changes in body hair or increased acne in a woman, that may have occurred through accidental exposure to AndroGel.
Do not use AndroGel if you have breast cancer or have or might have prostate cancer. AndroGel is not meant for use in women and must not be used in women who are or may become pregnant or are breastfeeding. AndroGel may harm the unborn or breastfeeding baby.
Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should avoid contact with the area of skin where AndroGel has been applied.
Before you use AndroGel, tell your healthcare provider if you have breast cancer; prostate cancer; urinary problems due to enlarged prostate; heart, kidney, or liver problems; problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea); or have any other medical conditions.
AndroGel can cause serious side effects, including If you already have enlargement of your prostate gland, your signs and symptoms can get worse while using AndroGel (including changes in urination); Possible increased risk of prostate cancer.
In large doses, AndroGel may lower your sperm count Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body, with or without heart failure. This may cause severe problems for people who have heart, kidney, or liver disease.
Enlarged or painful breasts; problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea); blood clots in your legs or lungs. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your leg can include leg pain, swelling, or redness.
Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your lungs can include difficulty breathing or chest pain.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, especially if you take insulin, medications that decrease blood clotting, or corticosteroids. AndroGel is flammable until dry. Let AndroGel dry before smoking or going near an open flame.
The most common side effects of AndroGel 1.62% are increased prostate specific antigen (a test used to screen for prostate cancer), mood swings, high blood pressure, increased red blood cell count, and skin irritation where the gel is applied.
The most common side effects of AndroGel 1% are acne, skin irritation where the gel is applied, increased cholesterol levels, enlarged prostate-specific antigen, increased red blood cell count, and increased liver function tests.
AndroGel 1% and 1.62% application sites and dosages are not interchangeable with each other or with other topical testosterone products.
This is the most vital information to know about AndroGel. For further information, talk with your healthcare provider.
You are encouraged to report adverse side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit or call 1-800-FDA-1088. or call 1-800-FDA-1088
If you cannot afford your medication, contact for assistance.
- Deer Antler, HGH and Testosterone: Tim on Scott and BR Radio Show - Video - April 17th, 2021
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - April 14th, 2021
- Testosterone, the Power Hormone - April 8th, 2021
- Testosterone Levels and Wall Street - March 27th, 2021
- Women can resist testosterone-fuelled political debate - March 12th, 2021
- BUSTED: Myths About Testosterone And Its Link To Sexual Desire In Men And Women - March 11th, 2021
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - March 4th, 2021
- Declining Testosterone Levels in Men Not Part of Normal Aging - February 28th, 2021
- Quick Weight Loss Tips and Diet Recommendations for HRT - February 28th, 2021
- Testosterone and Alcohol: Your Health and the Holiday Season - February 27th, 2021
- Testosterone builds muscle but has risks - February 25th, 2021
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - February 22nd, 2021
- Evidence Suggests Testosterone Plays Powerful Role in Motivating Revolutionary Change - February 15th, 2021
- How Testosterone Affects the Skin of Men - February 11th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - January 9th, 2021
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - January 6th, 2021
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - December 25th, 2020
- Testosterone Does Not Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - December 24th, 2020
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - December 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - December 20th, 2020
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - December 18th, 2020
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - December 12th, 2020
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - December 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 5th, 2020
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - December 3rd, 2020
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - December 3rd, 2020
- Low-T and Your Health - November 30th, 2020
- Low Testosterone Levels may Affect Man's Sex Drive and Affect his Intimate Relationships - November 19th, 2020
- Is Testosterone the New Drug of Choice on Wall Street? How Traders are Using Male Hormone Booster Shots to Maintain a ... - November 12th, 2020
- Shorter course of ADT for high-risk prostate cancer patients yields improved quality of life - November 11th, 2020
- Testosterone Litigation: What You Need To Know - MTMP - Video - November 9th, 2020
- Methadone Lowers Testosterone in Men Only - November 8th, 2020
- Intricate relationship between Oestrogen & Testosterone XXY Guys (Klinefelters' syndrome) - Video - November 7th, 2020
- Should middle-aged men consider 'low T' treatment? - November 5th, 2020
- Testosterone and Crime: What Can Genes Tell Us About Behavior? - Video - October 25th, 2020
- Testosterone shown to help sexually frustrated women - October 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone levels seen prior to birth in fetus' fingers, jawline - October 20th, 2020
- Tri-Blend Testosterone. Understanding the Benefits of Testosterone Oils - October 19th, 2020
- Testosterone levels in older men - October 17th, 2020
- Tlando Testosterone Clinical Trial for Low-T and Fatty Liver Disease - October 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Focus in Diabetes Study – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testshock Review All Natural Testosterone Enhancement – Video - September 30th, 2020
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - September 30th, 2020
- Average Testosterone Levels Decreasing Over Time Among Younger American Men - August 21st, 2020
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 10th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 6th, 2020
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - August 5th, 2020
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2020
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 1st, 2020
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - July 29th, 2020
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - July 26th, 2020
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - July 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - July 21st, 2020
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - July 12th, 2020
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - July 12th, 2020
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - July 6th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - July 5th, 2020
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - July 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - June 30th, 2020
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - June 29th, 2020
- Testosterone not always to blame - Sat, 04 Aug 2012 PST - June 28th, 2020
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - June 27th, 2020
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - June 23rd, 2020
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - June 22nd, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - June 15th, 2020
- Physiology of Testosterone - June 9th, 2020
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - May 26th, 2020
- Dr. Andre Berger on Testosterone Deficiency in Men - Andropause Symptoms and Treatment By Doctor's Desk Series - May 21st, 2020
- How to Raise Testosterone Naturally. Sermorelin - Some Have Called It A The New Fountain of Youth. A Natural Cure for Anxiety and Depression. - May 9th, 2020
- Are Athletes Using Green Tea to Mask Testosterone Doping? - May 7th, 2020
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - May 5th, 2020
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - May 4th, 2020
- Testosterone Can Make Us Generous, But Only When We Do Not Perceive a Threat - May 3rd, 2020
- A New Link Between Testosterone and the Prevention of Dementia in Women - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Women Make Better Money Managers - April 30th, 2020
- Is Being a Lumberjack More Manly Than a Football Player? It's All in the Testosterone! - April 28th, 2020
- Testosterone Drug, Androxal, Helped Gay Cubans Have More Sex - April 10th, 2020
- Androxal Meets its Testosterone Study Goals - April 1st, 2020
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - February 11th, 2020
- Low on Testosterone? No Problem! - February 10th, 2020
Word Count: 759