AndroGel can transfer from your body to others. This can happen if other people come into contact with the area where AndroGel was applied.
Signs of puberty that are not expected have happened in young children who were accidentally exposed to testosterone through skin-to-skin contact with men using topical testosterone products like AndroGel.
Women and children should avoid contact with the unwashed or unclothed area where AndroGel has been applied.
If a woman or child makes contact with the AndroGel application area, the contact area on the woman or child should be washed well with soap and water right away.
To lower the risk of transfer of AndroGel 1.62%, you should apply it only to your shoulders and upper arms, areas that will be covered by a short-sleeve T-shirt. Do not use AndroGel 1.62% to any other parts of your body, such as your stomach area (abdomen), penis, scrotum, chest, armpits (axillae), or knees.
Wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying. After the gel has dried, cover the application area with clothing until you have washed the application area well or have showered.
If you expect another person to have skin-to-skin contact with your shoulders or upper arms, first wash the application area well with soap and water. To lower the risk of transfer of AndroGel 1%, you should apply it only to areas that will be covered by a short-sleeve T-shirt.
These areas include shoulders, upper arms, and stomach area. Do not apply AndroGel 1% to any other parts of your body such as your penis, scrotum, chest, armpits (axillae), knees, or back. Wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying AndroGel. After the gel has dried, cover the application area with clothing.
If you expect to have skin-to-skin contact with another person, first wash the application area well with soap and water.
Stop using AndroGel and call your healthcare provider right away if you see any signs and symptoms of puberty in a child or changes in body hair or increased acne in a woman, that may have occurred through accidental exposure to AndroGel.
Do not use AndroGel if you have breast cancer or have or might have prostate cancer. AndroGel is not meant for use in women and must not be used in women who are or may become pregnant or are breastfeeding. AndroGel may harm the unborn or breastfeeding baby.
Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should avoid contact with the area of skin where AndroGel has been applied.
Before you use AndroGel, tell your healthcare provider if you have breast cancer; prostate cancer; urinary problems due to enlarged prostate; heart, kidney, or liver problems; problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea); or have any other medical conditions.
AndroGel can cause serious side effects, including If you already have enlargement of your prostate gland, your signs and symptoms can get worse while using AndroGel (including changes in urination); Possible increased risk of prostate cancer.
In large doses, AndroGel may lower your sperm count Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body, with or without heart failure. This may cause severe problems for people who have heart, kidney, or liver disease.
Enlarged or painful breasts; problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea); blood clots in your legs or lungs. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your leg can include leg pain, swelling, or redness.
Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your lungs can include difficulty breathing or chest pain.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, especially if you take insulin, medications that decrease blood clotting, or corticosteroids. AndroGel is flammable until dry. Let AndroGel dry before smoking or going near an open flame.
The most common side effects of AndroGel 1.62% are increased prostate specific antigen (a test used to screen for prostate cancer), mood swings, high blood pressure, increased red blood cell count, and skin irritation where the gel is applied.
The most common side effects of AndroGel 1% are acne, skin irritation where the gel is applied, increased cholesterol levels, enlarged prostate-specific antigen, increased red blood cell count, and increased liver function tests.
AndroGel 1% and 1.62% application sites and dosages are not interchangeable with each other or with other topical testosterone products.
This is the most vital information to know about AndroGel. For further information, talk with your healthcare provider.
You are encouraged to report adverse side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit or call 1-800-FDA-1088. or call 1-800-FDA-1088
If you cannot afford your medication, contact for assistance.
Word Count: 759
Contact Us Now
- The Effects of Parenthood Upon Testosterone Levels - April 22nd, 2019
- Testicular Cancer Survivors are at Risk for Low Testosterone - April 21st, 2019
- Amygdala and it's Relationship to Testosterone and Fear - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Atherosclerosis (Hardening of the Arteries) in Older Men - April 19th, 2019
- Increased Testosterone DOES NOT Cause Prostate Cancer to Spread - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate: The Real Facts - April 19th, 2019
- A Surprising Side Effect of Methadone Treatment: Suppressed Testosterone - April 19th, 2019
- Low T - My life was falling apart because I had low testosterone - April 16th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Beneficial for Modern Men? - April 2nd, 2019
- How long does it take for Testosterone replacement treatments and therapy to work? - April 2nd, 2019
- The Testosterone Industry Globally is Booming - April 1st, 2019
- Five Benefits of Testosterone That You Need to Know - March 31st, 2019
- Oral Testosterone Pill Could Make Lipocine's Share Price SKYROCKET - March 18th, 2019
- Testosterone Nasal Gel: A New Form of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - March 17th, 2019
- Testosterone: Should You Take it to Regain Your Libido and Youthful Energy? - March 17th, 2019
- Manhood Washed Away: You Could Unknowingly be Annihilating Your Testosterone - March 17th, 2019
- New Research Proves Testosterone Replacement Therapy is Safe for the Heart - March 17th, 2019
- Skinny Bartender with Low Testosterone Becomes a Ripped Bodybuilder - March 16th, 2019
- Five Facts About Testosterone (That Maybe You Didn't Know) - March 16th, 2019
- Testosterone's Surprising Link to Men's 'Love Hormone' Oxytocin - March 16th, 2019
- More Sex: A Better Way to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Boosts Aerobic Capacity - March 15th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Reduces the Risk of Serious Adverse Health Consequences! - March 15th, 2019
- Baby Boomers find “The Fountain of Youth” in Testosterone - September 8th, 2018
- New Study Finds That Testosterone Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk - September 7th, 2018
- Eleven Foods that Can Drain Your Libido - September 6th, 2018
- Some Animal Research Suggests that High Testosterone May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk - September 6th, 2018
- The Truth Behind Common Male Sex Myths - August 27th, 2018
- Physiology of Testosterone - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Injections for Low-T and Andropause - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy Allows Man to Have the Body That He Was Meant to Have - August 26th, 2018
- Could Civilization Have Been Formed as a Result of Declining Testosterone Levels in Males? - August 26th, 2018
- Testosterone and Aggression: How T-Levels Impact Human Response to External, Social Threats - August 21st, 2018
- Testosterone Deficiency Strongly Linked to Heart Attack Risk in New Study - August 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Geriatric Frailty - August 18th, 2018
- Seven Types of Drugs That Can Inhibit Sex Drive and Libido - August 18th, 2018
- Low-T and Your Health - August 17th, 2018
- How to Build Muscle Quickly by Boosting Testosterone Levels - August 9th, 2018
- Andropause: Age-Associated Testosterone Decline - August 5th, 2018
- High-Dose Testosterone Injections May Be a Viable Palliative Late-Stage Prostate Cancer Treatment - August 5th, 2018
- Fortesta Brand Testosterone Therapy - August 3rd, 2018
- Testosterone Therapy and Androgen Deficiency Guide - August 2nd, 2018
- Testosterone Creams for Low Testosterone Treatment and Andropause - August 1st, 2018
- Testosterone, Anxiety, and Depression - July 9th, 2018
- The Truth About Testosterone | The Dr. Oz Show - June 9th, 2016
- What is Testosterone? What does Testosterone do? Find on - June 9th, 2016
- How Men Work | HowStuffWorks - May 28th, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally - wikiHow - May 4th, 2016
- Testosterone: Common Questions | Testosterone Test: Total ... - May 4th, 2016
- Adrenalast Testosterone Booster | Boost Muscle Sexual ... - April 6th, 2016
- How to Lower Testosterone in Women | eHow - February 8th, 2016
- Testosterone Booster Reviews - Consumers Guides - February 8th, 2016
- A Harvard expert shares his thoughts on testosterone ... - February 8th, 2016
- Does Andro 400 Work; does it increase testosterone? - February 8th, 2016
- All About Testosterone! - Bodybuilding.com - February 8th, 2016
- 5 Natural Testosterone Boosters - Healthline - November 2nd, 2015
- Testosterone - Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy - November 2nd, 2015
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels ... - October 17th, 2015
- Testosterone nasal gel works best at three doses a day, study finds - October 4th, 2015
- Testosterone: The Test | Testosterone Test: Total ... - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone: A Major Breakthrough for Menopausal Women - October 1st, 2015
- Testosterone (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - October 1st, 2015
- Low Testosterone Treatment, Low T - AXIRON (testosterone ... - September 16th, 2015
- Testosterone - Steroids Profile - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Articles! - Bodybuilding.com - September 1st, 2015
- High and Low Testosterone Levels in Men MedicineNet - September 1st, 2015
- Nugenix Testosterone Booster NUGENIX GNC - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Transdermal Patch: MedlinePlus Drug Information - September 1st, 2015
- Testosterone Booster - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage ... - September 1st, 2015
- You & Your Hormones | Hormones | Testosterone - September 1st, 2015
- Health portal - August 3rd, 2015
- Normal Testosterone Levels - Urology - MedHelp - July 26th, 2015
- Tribulus Terrestris Review Does It Raise Testosterone or ... - July 18th, 2015
- Lack of Energy May Mean Lack of Testosterone - DrAxe.com - July 18th, 2015
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally: PaleoEdge - July 15th, 2015
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - Mercola.com - July 8th, 2015
- Testosterone Cypionate Watson :: Buy Testosterone ... - July 4th, 2015
- What Traders’ Testosterone Tells Us About Markets - June 11th, 2015
- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone ... - May 26th, 2015
- Bio-Identical HRT and Testosterone Therapy in Women ... - May 24th, 2015