Video Link: https://vimeo.com/316817142
Video Download: Xyosted Self Administered Testosterone Therapy Fda Approved
Video Stream: Xyosted Self Administered Testosterone Therapy Fda Approved
As the science of Hormone Replacement Therapy continues to advance, new products and techniques are being developed which simplify the process of HRT Administration, improving results, and facilitating the long-term use of the treatments.
Over the years, a multitude of products has been developed to provide quality Testosterone Replacement Therapy to men throughout the world.
The latest Testosterone HRT Product to be approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration is Xyosted.
Xyosted was designed by Antares Pharma, a pharmaceutical company based out of Ewing, New Jersey which was founded in 1978. Currently, most Testosterone Injections are delivered intramuscularly, directly into muscle tissue.
There are some Testosterone Products that are presently broadly used in the market, including Testosterone Enanthate, Cypionate, and Undecanoate, all of which are Testosterone Esters which deliver a long-term dose of therapeutic Testosterone throughout seven or more days.
Xyosted is designed to be delivered via an injection device which simplifies the injection process and greatly minimizes discomfort associated with injections.
For most patients, the pain associated with the injection is entirely negated by the device.
Xyosted Testosterone Originally Turned Down for FDA Approval
This was the second attempt at FDA-Approval for Xyosted.
The first attempt was foiled due to concerns regarding certain unexpected side-effects.
Further clinical trials showed that potential evidence of increased risk of depression, suicide risk, and vertigo in a clinical trial and were coincidental and most likely not due to the treatment itself.
The second trial showed no such risks.
How Is Xyosted Testosterone Delivered?
Xyosted is a Self-Administered Subcutaneous Injection. This means that Xyosted is delivered just under the skin using a thin, small-gauge needle.
These are the same needles used by diabetics to provide insulin to control blood sugar.
Xyosted is indicated for adult males that have been clinically diagnosed with Testosterone Deficiency and is useful for patients dealing with both Primary and Secondary Hypogonadism.
Currently, Xyosted is approved for prescription in three strengths—50mg, 75mg, and 100mg.
Patients taking Xyosted will require weekly injections to deliver a constant dosage of Testosterone which will keep patients continuously in the healthy and normal range for Free and Total Testosterone Concentrations.
Clinical research shows that Xyosted is more effective at modulating normalized Testosterone Levels than many other methods currently available, while also being considered painless by most patients who administer the treatment.
What Are the Potential Side-Effects of Xyosted Testosterone?
While Xyosted is considered safe and effective for most patients suffering from Low-T, there are some potential risks associated with this form of Bio-Identical Testosterone.
The following symptoms were experienced by at least 5% of patients in the trial: a headache, bruising at the injection site, increased red blood cell count, increased blood pressure, back pain, urinary tract infection, sleep apnea, fatigue, and joint pain.
These side-effects are not unique to Xyosted but are a potential risk associated with any form of Prescription Testosterone.
When used as directed, risks are significantly minimized. The vast majority of patients in the clinical trial did not experience symptoms problematic enough to suspend treatment.
Pros and Cons of Current Testosterone Therapy Administration Methods
Testosterone Patches vs. Xyosted
While Testosterone Transdermal Patches are effective at delivering therapeutic relief from Testosterone Deficiency, it does come with some potential downsides.
The patches are intended to be applied daily, which many patients consider a hassle.
While you can shower or swim while the patch adheres, you have to wait three hours before you can submerge the patch without affecting the treatment, which can be frustrating for individual lifestyles.
Because Xyosted is delivered subcutaneously via injection, there is no risk of accidental transference, there are no issues with water-exposure, and there are no visible signs that you are using the product.
Xyosted is also useful for an entire week, meaning that you don't have to worry about remembering to apply the patch every day.
Testosterone Creams vs. Xyosted
Testosterone Creams and Gels are popular because they are massaged into the skin daily.
Topical Testosterone is absorbed into the surface with the help of evaporation via alcohol.
While the risk of transference is minimal after the alcohol vehicle has evaporated, there is still some risk during the initial administration period.
Depending on the formulation, you also have to avoid submersion in water for at least two hours (Testim) and as long as six hours (Androgel).
As you can see, Xyosted has many of the same advantages over Testosterone Creams as it does Testosterone Patches.
Intramuscular Testosterone Injections
As mentioned previously, most current formulations of long-acting Testosterone are delivered directly into muscle tissue.
While this is effective, Subcutaneous Injections like Xyosted are considered less likely to cause pain or discomfort.
The advanced self-administration tool used to deliver Xyosted simplifies the injection process, making it very easy for the patient to use without the help of a clinical professional.
While classic Testosterone Injections can be self-administered, it's a more complicated process that has to be explicitly taught to ensure safe use.
While Testosterone Pellets are still used today, advances in long-acting Testosterone Injections and easy-to-use Testosterone Creams and Patches have minimized the advantages of this form of Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy.
Testosterone Pellets remain active for 4-5 months, making them an excellent choice for patients that want the benefits of Testosterone without having to worry about administering a daily or weekly dose.
The big downside of Testosterone Pellets is that they require an outpatient procedure for the pellets to be inserted under the skin.
Considering that Xyosted is practically painless and only involves an injection once per week, Xyosted will appeal to most patients over Prescription Testosterone Pellets
Interested in Prescription Bio-Identical Hormones?
Our Board Certified American Hormone Therapy Clinic is dedicated to providing patients with state-of-the-art HRT Treatments designed not only to treat Hormone Imbalance and Deficiency adequately but also to offer modern options that are easy to use and minimally invasive.
We provide a broad range of Hormone Therapy Services, including Bio-Identical Testosterone for men, HGH Injection Therapy for Somatopause, and Sermorelin Acetate for Growth Hormone Deficiency.
Our expert Hormone Specialists have the logistical range to provide our excellent HRT Programs to patients throughout the United States.
If you're interested in receiving quality Hormone Optimization Treatments from a trusted provider, we strongly encourage you to contact us via phone or form to arrange for a no-cost consultation with one of our knowledgeable Hormone Advisers.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
- Avatar director James Cameron says testosterone is toxic. Commentators on Twitter call him a 'beta male' - December 6th, 2022
- Two Food Compounds can reduce Alzheimer's Risk! - December 1st, 2022
- Blue Zones Ground Zero of Longevity - November 8th, 2022
- Tongkat Ali - Does this Testosterone Boosting Herbal Supplement Actually Work? - October 27th, 2022
- Male menopause: it’s real! - October 26th, 2022
- Recent Poll concludes: Sexual health is a big concern for men - October 5th, 2022
- Testosterone Impacts Behavior Based on Social Context—An Animal Study - September 25th, 2022
- Testosterone Lowers Insulin Resistance in Obese Men - September 25th, 2022
- Could Low-T Affect Employment Status? - September 1st, 2022
- Keto Diet for Weight Loss and Low-T Relief - August 2nd, 2022
- Tlando Oral Testosterone - A Pill for Low-T - June 14th, 2022
- The Importance of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone for Men - February 10th, 2022
- Jatenzo Testosterone Oral Treatment for Low Testosterone - December 16th, 2021
- Testosterone Increases Tenacity and Persistence In Spite of Long Odds - November 27th, 2021
- The Impact of Diet on Testosterone - Investigating the Science - November 9th, 2021
- Investigating the Effects of Weed on Testosterone Levels and Sexual Health - October 30th, 2021
- Improve Sexual Health and Testosterone Levels By Adopting the Mediterranean Diet - October 2nd, 2021
- Considering the Potential of Testosterone Therapy for Some Prostate Cancer Patients - September 9th, 2021
- Testosterone Boosting Foods - Food Science Explored - September 9th, 2021
- Alaska Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - September 8th, 2021
- Fracking Pollution Potential Danger to Testosterone Levels - September 8th, 2021
- Increase Longevity and Live Healthier with the Help of These Supplements - August 6th, 2021
- What Doctors Think You Should Understand About Testosterone - July 1st, 2021
- Eleven Year Study Showcases Benefits of Testosterone Therapy for Weight Loss - June 24th, 2021
- Men With Low-T at Greater Risk of Deadly Covid-19 Complications - June 3rd, 2021
- Combining Exercise with Testosterone Therapy for Better Results - May 28th, 2021
- Exercise Enhances the Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy - May 13th, 2021
- Premature Ejaculation More Common Than You Think - May 6th, 2021
- Pro-Inflammatory Diet May Significantly Increase Low-T Risk - April 29th, 2021
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy provides heart protection - April 15th, 2021
- Six Hacks to Naturally Boost Testosterone Production - April 14th, 2021
- The Effects of Parenthood on Testosterone Levels in Men - April 8th, 2021
- The Effects of Masturbation on Sex Drive and Testosterone - April 8th, 2021
- Study Explores the Effects of Testosterone on Generosity - April 4th, 2021
- Over exertion in Endurance Training Can Lower Testosterone - March 22nd, 2021
- Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadism in Men - March 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 May Impair Testosterone Levels - March 9th, 2021
- Boosting Testosterone Levels and Enhancing Wellness Without Prescriptions and Supplements - March 5th, 2021
- Building Muscle, Burning Fat, and Busting Myths - March 5th, 2021
- Anakinra May Improve Testosterone Levels in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome - March 3rd, 2021
- FDA Approves Jatenzo Oral Testosterone Replacement for Certain Types of Hypogonadism - February 24th, 2021
- Vitamin D and Sunlight for Mood and Hormone Balance - February 22nd, 2021
- Montana Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 21st, 2021
- South Dakota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 19th, 2021
- Hormone Levels and Smoking -- What You Can Do to Stop Smoking for Good! - February 17th, 2021
- Maine Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 16th, 2021
- Poor Sleeping Habits Tied to Low-T, Erectile Dysfunction, and Increased Mortality Risk - February 12th, 2021
- Minnesota Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 10th, 2021
- Oklahoma Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 9th, 2021
- The Effect of Success on Testosterone Levels and Romantic Self-Perception - February 8th, 2021
- Wyoming Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 7th, 2021
- "Mano-pause" AKA Male Menopause or Andropause, and the Treatment of Age-Related Low-T / Low Testosterone / Hypogonadism - February 7th, 2021
- Mississippi Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 6th, 2021
- Hawaii Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - February 4th, 2021
- Dallas Texas Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - February 3rd, 2021
- Massachusetts Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 29th, 2021
- New Mexico Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 27th, 2021
- Nevada Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 24th, 2021
- Delaware Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 23rd, 2021
- The Four Best Ways to Amplify Testosterone Levels - January 21st, 2021
- Arkansas Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 18th, 2021
- Arizona Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - January 14th, 2021
- Precursor Fat Cells and Their Potential Role in Obesity - December 30th, 2020
- Testosterone Therapy Reduces Mortality Risk Among Diabetics Even When Accounting for Improvements in Cardiovascular Risk Factors - December 16th, 2020
- Male Fertility Myths and Misunderstandings Resolved - December 15th, 2020
- The Effects of Testosterone Among Healthy Men and Men With Low-T - December 14th, 2020
- San Francisco Testosterone Clinics for Bio-Identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy - December 9th, 2020
- Low-T Strongly Associated with Various Co-Morbid Medical Conditions - December 4th, 2020
- Natesto: FDA-Approved Nasal Testosterone Gel - December 1st, 2020
- New Hampshire Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 29th, 2020
- Wisconsin Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 25th, 2020
- Connecticut Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Hormone Therapy - November 24th, 2020
- Scientific Debate Over Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Low-T Continues - November 16th, 2020
- Some Women May Benefit from Testosterone for Menopause - November 14th, 2020
- Sioux Falls Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Chattanooga Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Clarksville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Knoxville Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Memphis Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
- Murfreesboro Testosterone Clinics for Low-T and Comprehensive Hormone Therapy - November 11th, 2020
Word Count: 1077