Testosterone and HCG — Information That Could Change Your Life
If you are a low-t patient that is concerned about maintaining the normal function of your testes, including fertility, you may be interested in HCG. HCG stands for human chorionic gonadotropin, and, when taken along with bio-identical testosterone therapy, it can prevent the testicular withering that is a side effect of testosterone replacement.
What Does HCG Do?
For years, people have been using bio-identical HCG in combination with their testosterone therapy. It not only supports testicular function, but it also preserves the size of the testicles, which tend to shrivel up as a result of treatment.
Prescription HCG is a lyophilized powder of glycoproteins which is reconstituted and delivered subcutaneously or intramuscularly via syringe. In the male body, HCG mimics the function of a vital sex hormone known as luteinizing hormone, often abbreviated LH. Luteinizing hormone is responsible for both encouraging testicular fullness (prevention of testicular atrophy) and maintaining natural testosterone and semen production. This helps the body keep its natural testosterone secretion. When taking testosterone therapy alone, this directly leads to a corresponding drop in testosterone production, because prescription testosterone flowing through the body signals the brain to stop producing luteinizing hormone.
Human chorionic gonadotropin is also beneficial as a means to properly cycle testosterone therapy. If you ever stop taking recombinant testosterone, HCG can help boost your natural testosterone synthesis to a more natural state.
Some patients with mild low-t may benefit from taking HCG for testosterone. HCG doesn’t work for everyone in this way, however. For example, your body’s own natural testosterone production may have dropped too low for HCG to be beneficial.
HCG for Weight Loss
Human chorionic gonadotropin is also used by weight loss specialists as a treatment for patients interested in losing weight quickly. At its core, the HCG diet is a combination of significant caloric restriction with daily HCG injections.
Doctors that prescribe HCG for weight loss claim that patients can lose up to thirty pounds per month using HCG therapy for weight loss. The HCG diet is available for both men and women.
How Does HCG Work?
Originally, HCG therapy was designed to stimulate ovaries in women, but it has been shown to benefit patients in other ways, especially men. HCG is a hormone released by women to boost the embryo implantation in the placenta. When used for other purposes, it shares strong characteristics with luteinizing hormone, which has different functions with both the female and male physiology.
In men, luteinizing hormone is the precursor necessary to stimulate natural testosterone production, and it increases sperm count and sperm production. For women, HCG injections promote ovulation. Bodybuilders have been using HCG for a long time to boost testicular function while using testosterone injections, and it’s also beneficial to patients taking prescription testosterone for low-t.
HCG is also prescribed to boys that experience pituitary deficiencies that prevent luteinizing hormone from being produced sufficiently, to stimulate puberty and assist in the typical male testicular development.
How Is HCG Used?
For many patients, especially those interested in having children or those interested in maintaining testicular form, using HCG along with testosterone in a therapeutic regimen for low-t is the best course of action.
For all of testosterone’s benefits (increased muscle mass and energy, reduced body fat, etc.), testosterone does directly lead to side effects: significantly decreased fertility and testicular atrophy.
To enhance the benefits of HCG, it should be used in a specific manner. For example, even though some people use HCG to boost testicular function only after they have completed their testosterone therapy cycle, hormone doctors generally don’t consider this the best way to go about things.
Hormone therapy specialists prefer that HCG is used at specific times during testosterone replacement therapy, not afterward, to maintain testicular function and reduce the risk of issues after testosterone or other steroids have been used.
How Does HCG Help You Lose Weight?
The HCG protocol is a bit different when the hormone is used for weight loss. HCG is generally delivered at a lower dose, and more regularly. HCG injections are given five days per week, typically, to burn calories most effectively. HCG injections are combined with diet phases between 500-1,000 calories. Because of reduced calorie intake, patients will have to forgo excessive physical activity while on the HCG program and need to follow the meal plan during treatment precisely.
How are HCG Injections Delivered?
Human chorionic gonadotropin injections are delivered the same way as growth hormone, via subcutaneous injection. They are also sometimes given as intramuscular injections. These can be self-administered or administered with the assistance of another person. In subcutaneous injection, the medication is delivered between the epidermis and the dermis. In intramuscular injection, HCG is injected directly into muscle tissue.
Before using or administering HCG for the first time, your doctor will provide specific instructions regarding how to safely deliver an HCG injection. Do not try to give yourself or another person an injection without initial guidance from a medical professional.
Is HCG Safe?
As with any hormone therapy teatment, HCG therapy is safest when used as prescribed by a medical doctor, and when used recreationally or improperly, it can potentially lead to significant side effects. One symptom associated with HCG is blood clots. Because of this, it’s important to understand the signs of a blood clot: tingling and numbness in the extremities, ruddiness, abnormal warmth, and pain. Headaches, dizziness, and confusion are other symptoms of a blood clot.
See a doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking HCG.
The vast majority of people take HCG and experience no significant side effects. Women may experience a condition known as ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome as a result of HCG therapy. Symptoms include infrequent urination, weight gain, stomach issues, stomach distention and pain, swelling in the legs and hands, and pelvic discomfort. OHSS is dangerous and can be life-threatening, so contact a doctor as soon as possible if you experience these symptoms. Because of HCG’s effect on fertility, women using HCG are more likely to have twins and triplets.
How Do I Know if HCG Is Right for Me?
If you are interested in HCG for weight loss, fertility, or as an essential aspect of your testosterone replacement low-t therapy, your doctor will assess your needs and help you decide if HCG is right for you. HCG should not be used without a prescription and should be explicitly used as indicated by your hormone doctor.
Where Can I Find HCG?
Human chorionic gonadotropin is available under some different brand names, including Pregnyl, Ovidrel, and Novarel. If you’re interested in prescription HCG, talk to a licensed medical specialist. Like most drugs, it’s possible to find real HCG online, but it’s safer, and ultimately in your best interest, to be assessed by a medical professional to obtain prescription HCG.
Remember that there are always potential drawbacks to steroids and other hormone therapies. When used as indicated to restore and maintain hormone balance, these risks are quite low, but they are still present. Always do your research when it comes to any medical treatment, including face-time with a doctor or pharmacist.
We Offer Hormone Optimization Treatments, including HCG Therapy
If you are interested in learning more about HCG, testosterone, human growth hormone, or any other form of hormone replacement therapy or hormone supplementation, our licensed and board-certified hormone clinic have specialists standing by to answer any questions that you may have.
If you feel that you may benefit from any of the HRT treatments that we provide, we can set you up with an appointment with a doctor in your area for prerequisite examination, and, if you qualify, we can have quality HRT products, including recombinant testosterone and HCG, delivered directly to your home or office!
Contact Us Now
- chorionic gonadotropin, human intramuscular : Uses, Side ... - October 4th, 2015
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) - basskilleronline - October 4th, 2015
- IVF HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin ) Injection - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Diet Doc Emphasizes the Dangers of Ineffective Homeopathic Online hCG Diet Drops - April 8th, 2015
- Anderson Silva Steroids: How Many Other UFC Fighters Have Been Caught Juicing? - February 5th, 2015
- Should we be surprised by latest MMA doping scandal? - February 4th, 2015
- Nursing a Grudge - January 22nd, 2015
- The health cliches that actually turn out to be absolutely true - January 20th, 2015
- Kenyan bishops insist no more tetanus vaccines until further tests - January 17th, 2015
- Morning Report: Conor McGregor says Dennis Siver 'could be entering this contest on performance-enhancing drugs' - January 14th, 2015
- 'Girls' actress eats her placenta, but doctors say proceed with caution - January 7th, 2015
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for Fat Loss: "Fallacy ... - December 13th, 2014
- FTC continues cracking down on weight loss scams - December 13th, 2014
- Overcoming Obesity with Dr Simeons hCG Protocol - Video - December 12th, 2014
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Main Line Fertility - November 26th, 2014
- Kenya: Nurses Join Campaign Against Tetanus Vaccine - November 25th, 2014
- Poor prognosis germ-cell tumours are only cured in about half of patients. We aimed to assess whether treatment ... - November 23rd, 2014
- Morning Report: After beating 'deformed' Dennis Siver, Conor McGregor wants to be there when UFC takes away Cub ... - November 20th, 2014
- 'They're poisoning us'. How religious leaders are hindering vaccination programmes across the world - November 14th, 2014
- Kenya's Catholic bishops warn tetanus vaccine is 'disguised population control' - November 13th, 2014
- Kenya's Catholic bishops: Tetanus vaccine is birth control in disguise - November 12th, 2014
- ESPN hires ex-UFC fighter/FOX Sports broadcaster Chael Sonnen (updated) - November 12th, 2014
- Sonnen reveals $5M offer from WWE - November 2nd, 2014
- Morning Report: Chael Sonnen says Vince McMahon offered him $5 million to leave UFC for WWE - October 31st, 2014
- Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver official as UFC Fight Night 59 headliner - October 25th, 2014
- Kate, Duchess of Cambridge dazzles in baby blue gown at the Natural History Museum - October 22nd, 2014
- Dalton teacher beats rare form of cancer - October 22nd, 2014
- Chael Sonnen's 'You're Welcome! with Chael Sonnen' debuts on PodcastOne - October 15th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen: Im not going to apologize because Im not sorry - October 15th, 2014
- Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge 'struggling terribly' with antenatal sickness - October 11th, 2014
- UFC Fight Night 53 results: Dennis Siver gets judges' nod over crafty Charles Rosa - October 4th, 2014
- Duchess of Cambridge 'hugely disappointed' after being forced to pull out of yet another engagement due to morning ... - October 1st, 2014
- As SMMAF rules out Taylor Lapilus, Charles Rosa joins Saturday's UFC Fight Night 53 card - September 30th, 2014
- Newcomer Taylor Lapilus steps in to fight Dennis Siver at UFC Fight Night 53 - September 24th, 2014
- UFC seeks replacement for Robert Whiteford at UFC Fight Night 53 - September 17th, 2014
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) - Video - September 14th, 2014
- Pregnant Kate Middleton pulls out of Invictus Games opening ceremony - September 10th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen Camp Waiting on Any Response from Nevada Commission - August 8th, 2014
- Authorities link Biogenesis to drug distribution to minors in South Florida, Dominican Republic - August 5th, 2014
- Dennis Siver meets Robert Whiteford at UFC Fight Night 53 in Stockholm - July 29th, 2014
- Retired Sonnen handed two-year ban - July 25th, 2014
- Brian Stann talks Sonnen, Belfort at NSAC hearings: 'Consistency is extremely important' - July 23rd, 2014
- Chael Sonnen suspended two years by the Nevada Athletic Commission for failed drug tests - July 23rd, 2014
- Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort meet today with NSAC; UFC Fight Pass streams hearing - July 23rd, 2014
- NSAC: After failed tests, Chael Sonnen must appear before commission on July 23 - July 15th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen 'accepts responsibility' for second drug test failure - July 9th, 2014
- NSAC releases amended complaint against Chael Sonnen - July 7th, 2014
- New book claims Major League Baseball approved Alex Rodriguezs PED use - July 3rd, 2014
- UFC and FOX Sports part ways with Chael Sonnen - July 1st, 2014
- Sonnen fails another drug test - July 1st, 2014
- Chael Sonnen fails second drug test, tests positive for HGH and EPO - June 29th, 2014
- Sonnen failed additional drug tests - June 29th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen reportedly fails second drug test, including presence of HGH - June 29th, 2014
- UFC releases statement on Chael Sonnen's second failed drug test - June 29th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen Tests Positive for Four Banned Substances in Latest Drug Test - June 29th, 2014
- UFC star failed second test - June 29th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen temporarily suspended by NSAC pending formal hearing - June 21st, 2014
- Chael Sonnen Speaks out on Failed Drug Test with Jay Mohr - June 21st, 2014
- Eat your way to a hot body - June 21st, 2014
- UFC's Chael Sonnen to retire - June 18th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen fails drug test; pulled from card - June 16th, 2014
- Chael Sonnen admits to taking banned substances, calls positive test 'confusing' - June 16th, 2014
- Getting a degree in dieting - June 10th, 2014
- The Weight Loss Black List; Twelve Dangerous Weight Loss Ingredients - May 31st, 2014
- Transformations ' Program - May 28th, 2014
- FDA Targets Illegal Online Pharmacies - May 28th, 2014
- Illegal Online Meds Targeted in Worldwide Crackdown, FDA Says - May 24th, 2014
- Drugs that Cause Gynecomastia - May 14th, 2014
- Manny Gamburyan's only option is winning versus Nik Lentz at UFC Fight Night - May 8th, 2014
- 2013's Best HCG Diet Drops Exposed! - April 30th, 2014
- Novarel, Ovidrel, Pregnyl (human chorionic gonadotropin ... - April 30th, 2014
- Pronounce Medical Words BetaHuman Chorionic Gonadotropin - Video - April 24th, 2014
- UFC's Dennis Siver fined and suspended for failed drug test, win overturned - April 24th, 2014
- What are HCG Drops? | HCG Diet Drops Explained - Video - April 17th, 2014
- Doping case against Acerbi dismissed - April 15th, 2014
- Luteal Phase: The Uterine Lining Phase - Video - April 10th, 2014
- Major Weight Loss Business and Patented RELEANA to be Sold by IP Auctions - April 4th, 2014
- Dennis Siver points to new nutrionist for failed drug test - March 27th, 2014
- After failed drug test, UFC's Dennis Siver points to supplement, new trainer - March 27th, 2014
- UFC Fight Night 38 headliner Dan Henderson: MMA career will continue without TRT - March 20th, 2014