For men the levels of their main hormones can mean the difference between a life full of energy, virility, and contentedness and a life of obesity, sloth, and disease. I know this sounds dramatic but it really is true. As your testosterone and growth hormone levels decline so does every masculine trait that defines being a man. If you want to maintain a fulfilling life where you're ready to take on any challenge and pursue any opportunity you need to address the inevitable decline of hormone levels that occurs in men as they pass 30 and enter mid-life.
Normal testosterone levels in men during the peak of their natural life is 1000ng with 300pg of free testosterone. Here's a breakdown of the decline that men suffer as they age:
|Age||Free T(pg)||Total T(ng)|
As you can see between the ages of 20 and 30 you lose 15-20% of your free testosterone and 10-15% of your total testosterone. This is a small drop but it will still affect your life. Getting out of bed will be harder, recovering after an intense workout takes longer and the soreness is more severe, you might even notice your sexual abilities might not be the same as they were when you're 20.
From 30-40 years of age you see the biggest percentage drop in both free and total testosterone, roughly a 40% drop in each. This is the drop you'll notice the most. This is the drop that will either make or break you. You'll either see the writing on the wall and make an appointment to see one of our doctors and become proactive in addressing this issue or you'll succumb to decline and accept it as 'just part of life'. From here on out it's all down hill for you as the longer you wait to get started on your hormone replacement therapy the harder it will be for you to claw your way back from the brink of infirmity and senility.
Between the age of 40 and 50 the decline will begin to fall off, with only a 30% decline in free and total testosterone. At this point you're down to only 1/3 of the free and total testosterone you had at age 20, meaning you had 3 times as much testosterone hormone coursing through your veins when you were 20. By now you're living one of 2 lives, depending on the choices you made when you were 30-35. If you chose to take charge of your life then you've began a course or hormone treatments, whether you chose injections, gels and creams, or patches, then your life is probably going very well, maybe even much better than you'd expected based on witnessing the decline of other men in your life as they entered old age and began andropause. Your sex life with your wife is still steaming, you are the envy of much younger men at the gym, and your career is still advancing forward at a smooth clip. On the other hand if didn't see your doctor and you haven't begun any treatment for your declining levels then your situation probably isn't going so well. Your wife isn't getting what she needs from you, and might even be getting it elsewhere. You haven't seen the gym in 10 years even though you won't admit it and still get that $47 charge to your credit card "just in case you feel up to going." Work has plateaued and you're too worn down to care that you're stuck in middle management at a company you can't stand with no hope of getting out of the situation.
I know this sounds dramatic and maybe even cliche but it's the truth. Cliches don't magically manifest themselves. The come from our culture, from our lives, and the lives of those around us.
From 50-60 there's another 40% drop in both free and total testosterone levels but at this point your levels are so low you can't tell the difference. From 60-70 the drop is smaller, 15% and 33% free and total. Between 70 and 80 you get another 40% drop. At this point you only have 10% of the testosterone you had at 20. You used to have 10 times as much but now it's gone. Unless you do the right thing and address andropause early on in life this is what you have to look forward to.
If you're ready to take charge of your life and take the path towards a long and fruitful life without the dreads of aging and decline then please give us a call or fill out the form on the right and make an appointment with one of our doctors today!
- Testosterone Frequently Asked Questions - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone Supplements: Vitamin and Amino Acid Pills Versus Real Testosterone - August 10th, 2019
- Testosterone Side Effects, Risks, Dangers and Negative Effects - July 30th, 2019
- Testosterone for Men - July 3rd, 2019
- The Effects of Beer on Testosterone Production and Gynecomastia - June 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Levels Associated with Serotonin Activity in the Brain - May 19th, 2019
- Grumpy Old Man Syndrome – Causes and Treatments - April 28th, 2019
- How to Administer a Testosterone Injection -- Low-T Injection Guide - April 23rd, 2019
- Relieve Fatigue and Increase Energy with Testosterone Replacement Therapy - April 23rd, 2019
- Is Male Menopause Real? The Science of Andropause - April 22nd, 2019
- Low Testosterone Symptoms - April 21st, 2019
- 4 Foods to Boost Your Testosterone Levels - April 21st, 2019
- 12 Health Issues That Can Kill Libido and Limit Sexual Performance - April 21st, 2019
- The Importance of Dietary Fat for Testosterone Production - April 21st, 2019
- Limiting the Influence of Estrogen on Male Hormone Balance Through Diet - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Therapy Helps Men with Low-T Ward Off Prostate Cancer - April 19th, 2019
- The Importance of Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) for Healthy Testosterone Levels - April 19th, 2019
- The Relationship Between Testosterone and Cortisol - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Promotes Bone Health and Can Help Treat Osteoporosis - April 19th, 2019
- Testosterone Testing - March 25th, 2019
- The Role of Testosterone in Women's Health - March 18th, 2019
- The Effects of Testosterone Therapy on Male Patients -- Who Should Use Testosterone? - March 18th, 2019
- The Influence of Testosterone on Protective Mating Behaviors in Men - March 18th, 2019
- The Effect of Testosterone on Auto-Immune Function and Multiple Sclerosis - March 18th, 2019
- Does Ibuprofen Contribute to Low Testosterone? - March 18th, 2019
- Testosterone Deficiency and Low-T at Epidemic Levels Among Men in the United States - August 28th, 2018
- Weight Cycling and the Problem with Crash Dieting - August 9th, 2018
- Reexamining Bio-Identical Testosterone Therapy - July 28th, 2018
- The Significance of Telomeres in Stem Cell Treatments - July 25th, 2018
- Understanding how Muscle and Fat Impact Body Mass, Weight, and Health - July 25th, 2018
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Cancer Proliferation And Prevention - July 25th, 2018
- Understanding Heartburn in the 21st Century - July 22nd, 2018
- What is Erectile Dysfunction? - July 20th, 2018
- Sermorelin Acetate Drug Information - July 20th, 2018
- Exercise and Mental Health - July 20th, 2018
- The Importance of Proteins, Carbs, and Fats - July 20th, 2018
- Low-T Treatment Before and After -- How Testosterone Therapy Improves Vitality - July 19th, 2018
- Testosterone and Diet – How to Support Testosterone Levels with Healthy Eating - July 19th, 2018
- Changes to LabCorp Guidelines for Low-T Diagnosis and How They Impact Your Treatment - July 18th, 2018
- The Effects of Testosterone on Asthma Prevalence Among Men and Women - May 9th, 2018
- 7 Exercises to Elevate Testosterone Levels - May 2nd, 2018
- Vitamin A is Essential for Good Health - Are You Getting Enough ? - April 27th, 2018
- Types of Testosterone Products and Delivery - January 22nd, 2014
- HCG and Testosterone - January 18th, 2014
- Hormone Level Testing - January 13th, 2014
- What Causes Low Testosterone - January 7th, 2014
- Aging and Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 3rd, 2014
- Buy Testosterone Injections Online, Testosterone Prescription for Low T, Testosterone Replacement Therapy - January 1st, 2014
- Buy Testosterone | Types of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Programs, Injections, Cream and Gel - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Gel, Cream, and the Testosterone Patch - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone Levels - December 31st, 2013
- Testosterone and Body Building - December 30th, 2013
- Testosterone Androgen - December 29th, 2013
- Testosterone for Women - December 29th, 2013
Contact Us Now
How useful was this post?
Click on a smiley face to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Word Count: 771